(COMPLETED)The Understanding...

By chocolate_dimplez

The sleek, two door Mustang races through the empty streets of Los Angeles at dusk as Kash tries to get away... More

Chapter 2: Information Gap
Chapter 3: Sleeping Issues
Chapter 4: Give and Take
Chapter 5: Merchants
Chapter 6: Fresh Canvas
Chapter 7: Sanity
Chapter 8: White or Black
Chapter 9: Status
Chapter 10: Reputation
Chapter 11: Cameron
Chapter 12: Belonging
Chapter 13: Parallel
Chapter 14: Getting It Right
Chapter 15: Turn
Chapter 16: Property
Chapter 17: It's in the Cookies
Chapter 18: Amber's Eyes
Chapter 19: Intertwined
Chapter 20: Low
Chapter 21: Carol Ann
Chapter 22: Violins and Coffins
Chapter 23: Foundation
Chapter 24: Seeing Double
Chapter 25: Loathe
Chapter 26: Addiction
Chapter 27: Needs and Wants Pt. I
Chapter 28: Needs and Wants Pt. II
Chapter 29: Trapped
Chapter 30: Confess
Chapter 31: Bluff
Chapter 32: Language of Love
Chapter 33: Marriage
Chapter 34: 3 Musketeers
Chapter 35: Women's Rights
Chapter 36: South Pole
Chapter 37: Addiction and Alcoholism
Chapter 38: Dunkan
Chapter 39: Cold Hearted
Chapter 40: Uncle Slim
Chapter 41: Disappearing Act
Chapter 42: Birth Names
Chapter 43: Blue Face
Chapter 44: Trafficking
Chapter 45: Mustang Code
Chapter 46: Pride and Prejudice
Chapter 47: Berry Jealous
Chapter 48: Learning Love
Chapter 49: SOHCAHTOA
Chapter 50: Acid
Chapter 51: Gas
Chapter 52: Youth
Chapter 53: Family History
Chapter 54; Scars
Chapter 55: Part Ways
Chapter 56: Honorable
Chapter 57: Ballroom Bloodbath
Chapter 58:Cops, Robbers, and Criminals Too
Chapter 59: Grenade Belt
Chapter 60: Smile
Chapter 61: Everything Real, Dies
Chapter 62: Copper Drowned Blood
Chapter 63: Explosion
Chapter 64: Bleep Bloop Bleep
Chapter 65: Misunderstandings
Chapter 66: Cutting Deep
Chapter 67: The Worst
Chapter 68: Lustful Dreams
Chapter 69: Times Have Changed
Chapter 70: Letting Go
Chapter 71: Preparation
Chapter 72: Ride or Die
Chapter 73: Playing Fair, Playing Dirty
Chapter 74: Superman
Chapter 75: Monster
Chapter 76: Literary Forensics FINALE PT.I
Chapter 77: Violin FINALE PT. II
Chapter 78: The Ultimate Puppet Master
Chapter 79: The Sequel and My Thanks
Chapter 80: Q & A and Sequel
Chapter 81: Sneek Peek
So...about this book

Chapter 1: Intruder

70.9K 962 262
By chocolate_dimplez

"Perfect, the banana muffins are out of the oven. The apple muffins go in now and the cranberry bread is finishing up. Now all that's left to do is call the Brighter Future Foundation and find out when will be a perfect time to drop off the things." I smiled at Cocoa.

Cocoa is not only my cat, but my best friend and my only companion. Cocoa is a shiny golden color with blue eyes. She got her name because every time I would bake something with chocolate, she would come around me and pur. Also her personality is sassy and sweet. She can be bitter and scratch and hiss at me and then she'll curl up by the end of my bed as I read a book. I rescued her from a pound when she was only a kitten.

Cocoa's paws tapped lightly and swiftly against the kitchen's tile floor until she reached the carpeted living room.

I picked up the phone and found the card that said Brighter Future Foundation in bright blue letters.

"Hello, this is Mike from the Brighter Future Foundation. How may I help you tonight?" he asked me as I checked the time on the stove. It's 7:30 on the dot.

"Yes, my name is Cammie Frederick and I volunteered to bake a few things for the children's orientation tomorrow." I started saying. "I just want to know when would be an appropriate time to drop the things off."

"Uh yes, Cammie Frederick, the senior from Highland County University. You attended the last weeks meeting?" Mike asked me.

"Yes," I said looking at the muffins in the over, "So what time?" I asked again.

"At about twelve in the afternoon." Mike told me.

"Okay. Thank you." I said.

"No, thank you and have a good night." he told me.

"Same to you." I smiled hanging up the phone.

Since I have no social life, I spend my time volunteering at schools and tutoring or doing something that benefits the lives of innocent children and animals. I moved acrosss the states, just to go to my dream college and become a veterinarian. This is my fourth year living here and my fourth and final year of college.

I spent four years in this state, this city, this school, and this two bedroom, one bathroom small house with no friends  or family. I wish things would change for me but I'm just not someone that people pay attention to, no matter what I do.

I kept my hair healthy and never permed it yet. It's finally long and thick, a little past my shoulders. I have always kept my medium brown skin clear and try to eat as healthy as I can. I'm pretty much on the skinny side with just a little curve but nothing to make someone do a double take. I am as blind as a bat and wear thick glasses. I don't wear a lot of accessories and I dress really plain. I know how to speak up and talk to people but I don't really know how to make friends. I'll start talking to someone and then I'll stop and that left me friendless.

I took everything out of the oven by 8:15 and packed them away for tomorrow.

"Come on Cocoa, kitchens closed for tonight." I said as Cocoa hopped off of the living room couch and followed me in to my bedroom. She jumped on my bed and curled up in a ball.

I took my clothes off and headed to the bathroom to take a relaxing, hot bath. Since I live alone, I could pretty much do what I want. I filled the tub and poured a powdery fresh smelling soap into the water. I got into the tub slowly and relaxed, resting my head against the edge of the tub.

I took my purple sponge and put a generous amount of body wash on it. I put my glasses on the ground to the side of the tub before I forgot. I started bathing my body, washing off another day of loneliness. After a half an hour I heard something fall and I paused.

"Cocoa get back in the room!" I yelled rolling my eyes. I heard noises again and heard Cocoa hissing. Cocoa slipped under the bathroom door and ran under the sink hissing and purring loudly. Her tail was standing up and all of her hair was also.

I hard noises again and cringer. I was shaking and my heart beats quickened, "Oh God. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no." I whispered to myself panicking. I slipped out of the tub and wrapped my robe around me. I opened the bathroom door slowly and all of the shifting stopped. I picked up a can of Lysol, to spray the person in the eye if I have to.

My heart was beating quickly and my stomach was in my chest. I don't know what I would do if I saw someone in the house, I might just tell them to kill me.

I was walking down the small hallway and soon I saw my closet door fling open. I paused and didn't know what to do as I saw a dark figure quickly run towards me. The person yanked me by my arm and I screamed out. They pulled me into the closet with them and put their arms around my neck tightly. I tried to scream but their other arm was around my mouth.

"Be quiet." the male voice said yanking me backwards. I screamed and tears poured from my eyes.

"I said be quiet." he said pulling me harder. I was going to die today, I know it. I heard more shifting in the house and wondered when I was going to die. Right now with this strange man holding me back in the closet or whoever else might be in the house.

I was sweating bullets, maybe because the guy had a pistol to my head as he peeped through the crack in the closet door. I was shaking violently and my whole insides were twisting and turning. What was going to happen to me right here? Was this the end of it all? He let go of my mouth and I cried. The guy grabbed my mouth again and pushed the pistol deep into my neck now. He put his lips by my ear and he whispered.

"Don't you dare make anymore sounds. Keep quiet." he said. I nodded with my eyes becoming full with tears.

He let me go again and I sighed and tried to keep my cries in. He opened the closet door slowly and I heard two guys talking. The guy pulled me out with him and kept me in front of him almost as a shield. He looked in the kitchen and that's when I saw two tall guys throwing things down in the kitchen and throwing my pots and pans around, making loud clanking noises. They had huge machine guns in their hands and looked like demons who took the forms of two men. In all black suits and full of tattoos on their necks and hands with deadly glares. I gasped and they turned around and shot at the wall but the guy pulled me back. The guy who's face I still haven't seen.

The guy turned me to face him and all I remember was his fingers pressing down into my neck and me sliding down to the floor. What followed? I don't know. I just heard a lot of gun shots and yelling and tumbling around. God save me from this please. Let me live another day.

-

I woke up quickly and was on my bed. My robe was partially on me and I was sweating like a dog. I suddenly remembered what took place and sat up on the bed quickly looking around my room. There was no one in there but me and I wondered if I dreamed all of this. I could barely see, because my glasses were off. I slowly got off the bed and fixed my robe. I walked straight to the bathroom and grabbed my glasses off the ground and then heard a noise.

I started walking to the living room, looking around anxiously and what I saw shocked me the most. The two tall guys with the guns were on the ground. Bullet holes in ones chest and back that leaked a large amount of blood. The next ones side of his face was caved in with the impact of the bullet and you couldn't determine if he was human anymore. I covered my mouth and coughed and felt like whatever I had in me was about to come out right now. I made my way to the phone to call the cops when I heard something.

"Pick up that phone and you'll look just like one of those guys." I heard from the kitchen. I turned my head slightly to see someone sitting by the table.

The guys had a skin tone similar to mine, but a little darker. He has black hair that was thick and rich looking and laid down flat on his head. He had a medium sized mustache, not a disgusting one, but a manly one. It out lined his full brown lips that bit into one of the muffins I made for tomorrow. I started shaking nervously as he stood up.

I looked at his broad shoulders and I could tell how toned his arms were even though he had on an all black long sleeve and black pants. He was tall and his figure intimidated me and his almost black eyes made me want to cry with fright. He had a strap going across him and attached to it was a huge machine gun.

I started shaking more violently as he approached me and looked down at me. It looked like he was about to snap my neck but he stared me down. I felt like an ant compared to him. I was only 5'6 and he's at least 6'3. I moved backwards and hit the wall hard and he walked up on me.

I started crying loudly and he put his hands over my mouth and my head hit the wall. "Shut up. I should kill you right now." he said. He removed his hands and looked me up and down. "But I won't."

"You look like you can be of some use." he said. He moved away from me and walked away and into my room. I stood there wondering if I should take the chance and run out of the house and go for help.

"Don't even think about leaving! Get in here!" he shouted at me. I jumped and walked slowly into my bedroom. He was in my closet and looked at everything that was hung up in there. He cursed loudly and I shook. He started pushing things aside and soon grabbed the rod that everything was hanging on and with one pull, yanked it and took it out of the closet. He threw everything on the floor and looked through it.

"You don't have anything nice to wear" he asked me but I didn't respond.

"Did you hear me speaking to you?" he furiously growled at me. I shook my head no. He kicked the rack to the side violently and I tried not to cry. What did this guy want from me? Why can't he just leave?

"Sit down." he said to me as he looked around the room. I stood by the door still, not moving an inch. He looked at me quickly. "I said have a seat." he said pointing to the bed.

I sat down on the edge of the bed as he was looking through all of my things. I started crying again, "Please just let me go. I won't tell anyone how you look like I'll just say someone did this when I wasn't home. Please just let me go." I begged him.

"I know you're not going to tell." he said as he walked over to me. He stood directly in front of me and stared me down. He took his left hand and pulled the string on my robe slowly. I gasped and started crying.

"Please don't." I begged.

"Quiet!" he yelled at me. I crossed my arms and he uncrossed them roughly. Soon he pulled the string until it was untied and my robe opened a little bit. I was shivering badly and felt the need to die right now. Please don't let him rape me. He pulled one side of my robe over and then pulled the other side over too. Slowly he put his hands on my shoulders and slipped the robe backwards until I was exposed to him. I trembled and cried.

"You're scrawny." he critisized. "No meat on your bones...no substance." he said to me as he hungrily looked at me as if he was a cannabal and haven't eaten in days.

"Put it back on." he said to me. I did so and tied it tightly. He knelt down before me on the floor and I clamped my legs together. He was my height now and his face was directly in front of mine.

"Listen to me because I hate repeating myself." he started saying. He took his index finger and touched my nose, "You....are mine. You belong to me now and you're my responsibility. You do whatever I say, whenever I say. Got it?" he asked me.

"Can I just go..." I started.

"And you don't ever talk back to me. If you do, there will be consequences." he said.

I started crying again and he looked at me, "And we don't cry, so you can cut that shit_ out right now." he said.

It took me a while to stop and I was still shaking. "Just leave me here." I begged.

"Alright, I'll leave you here and let those other guys come and find you. They'll be here in an hour or so and they'll kill you on the spot." he said. "They'll probably all rape you and shoot you in the head afterwards. Imagine being taken advantage of my 10 strong guys with big guns and knives...and no mercy. Me times ten."he said.

I swallowed, "I'm leaving that up to you. You have three options. You either wait for your rape and death, let me kill you right here, or come with me." he said. "And I'll give you 3 seconds before I pop two bullets in your head." he told me.

"So what will it be?" he asked me. I looked around my house and nodded. He smiled and rubbed my head, "Good girl." he said. I cringed and looked down. He got up and pulled me by the tight bun on my head.

"Come on." he said pulling me out of the door. I screamed and he let go.

"I need clothes." I said lowly.

He stopped and looked at me as we walked to the living room, "Excuse me? Did I ask you what you needed?" he asked me.

I shook my head, "I have nothing on." I said. He shot his eyes at me and took a heavy black duffel bag from the floor and pushed me outside.

"Hurry up." he said. I looked around and no one was outside. It was pitch black and I was scared and cold. We walked to an all black Mustang and he threw the bag in the trunk and went to the passenger side. He opened the door for me but snatched my glasses off of my face.

"Wait no." I said squinting. He broke them with one hand and threw them in the bushes. I started crying again and could barely see.

"I need those. I can't see." I said.

"We'll take care of that later and you don't need to see right now." he said pushing me in the car and then slamming the door. He got in and looked at me. I moved away from him and close to the window and he pulled off. Where was he going to take me? What was going to happen?

"What about those guys...in my house?" I asked him.

The guy looked over at me breifly, "They'll clean them up." he said simply as if the lives of those two men weren't spread across my living room carpet. Who is they? And why was my house a target?

So how was that for the first chapter? What do you think about Cammie and her little kittie Cocoa? What does he want and why did he pick her house out of all? Where are they headed and why was he so upfront and wanted to see under her robe? Tell me your thoughts. Next chapter up, next week Tuesday at 8:30.  

This chapter originally stopped when he grabbed her but it was too short so I added the second chapter along with it. I'm doing some major editing to make it more realistic and a good read but comment on this chapter!

_ILY!ILY!_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 300 16
Payton Davis and her family, except for her slutty little sister Alexis, have been boosting cars ever since she could remember. Every time one of her...
72.4K 1.5K 27
Complete✔️ *** "Everything I said yesterday was true. You drive me crazy Adrian." Our lips are inches apart. He pulls my head up exposing my neck. "D...
5.7K 116 17
Bronwyn was a naive, sheltered, inexperienced, high school scholar when she met bad boy, street racing, high school dropout, car thief Logan. He turn...
30.1K 1.3K 50
She doesn't fit in the family. Her family is perfect if you don't include her. Her family is overprotective of her. She is a dreamer. She is a bird...