outside

Par vanmcshouldnt

When Katherine Wells falls for her favorite band, Catfish and the Bottlemen's lead singer, Van McCann, she th... Plus

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24

chapter 16

685 28 9
Par vanmcshouldnt

I was woken up to hushed whispers and the heavy scent of disinfectant and baby powder as I rubbed my eyes. The thick blanket that was wrapped around me began to make me feel stuffy and I peeled it off, sitting up in the uncomfortable hospital chair that I had fallen asleep in. Once I finally opened my eyes, I peered around the room, taking in my surroundings as I stretched my neck from side to side. Memories of last night's events came flooding back to my mind and my heart became heavy.

Last night was the night I said goodbye to Van for, probably, forever. The sad part is, we didn't even end it on a good note, with him storming off after I declined the kiss we were about to share.

After crying in my car for a bit like a pathetic loser, I decided to drive to the hospital to visit Jackson, seeing as I had nowhere else to go in this foreign city. By the time I had reached his room it was midnight and he was asleep. He woke up once he heard the soft click of the door when I entered the room, though, but as I began to explain why I was there, he fell back asleep. I, too, fell asleep shortly after that, attempting to get comfortable on the slightly cushioned chair in the corner of the room. Thus, bringing me to the present.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear, we didn't want to wake you." Said a nurse that hovered over Jackson, checking his vitals, I assumed.

"It's alright." I yawned, walking towards the stark-white bathroom to see what I had to work with for the day and to give them a little privacy as they finished up. There was some mascara smudged underneath my eyelids and my hair was a bit frizzy, but other than that, I didn't look too horrid, which surprised me.

Once I did the rest of my business in the restroom I walked out to reveal that the nurse had left. A tired looking Jackson lay alone on his bed, a sleepy smile hanging from his lips.

"Mornin' Katie, don't remember you getting here last night." He chuckled, coughing a bit. I winced at the sound.

"Yeah, that's a long story." I rubbed my hands over my face, sitting criss-cross on the end of the hospital bed.

"Do you see me? I've got all the time in the world." He smiled, making me feel a bit better inside. That was one of the reasons that I loved Jackson so much, he always made me feel like someone cared about my problems even if they were stupid and petty.

I began to explain to him the events over the last few days. I informed him of the amazing concert the boys put on, and how I woke up in Van's bed the next morning. He wasn't too pleased to hear that. I just rolled my eyes and continued talking, telling him about the day at the aquarium and my attempt to ignore Van throughout the day that evidentially failed. I spoke of our falling out at my car and the little note that he left me, which made me tear up a bit. I quickly blinked the tears away, hoping he didn't notice, but he did anyways.

He enveloped me in the best hug that he could muster in his position, and I chuckled at his effort.

"You're just caught up in a huge mess, aren't you, Katie?" He sighed as I pulled away. I nodded.

"I honestly don't know what to do." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"You should call him, I mean, you have his number now."

"I don't know...I feel like it's too soon."

"Then give it a few days. But don't leave it like this for too long. If you do, then you guys may never talk again." He advised.

"Okay, okay. Fine. Three days. I'll give it three days." I compromised. Jackson grinned.

"I win."

"Yeah, yeah, shut it, you cripple." I laughed, nudging his shoulder. He slapped me on the arm and I slapped him back, which turned into an all-out slapping war, which probably wasn't the best thing to do while he was lying in a hospital bed with several injuries, but yanno.

"Um...Ms. Wells?" An older nurse walked into the room awkwardly. Jackson and I both immediately brought our hands to our sides.

"Uh, yeah. That's me." I replied awkwardly.

"May I speak to you in the hallway?" She said, still giving me a look of disapproval. I nodded and hopped off of the bed, meeting her outside of the door.

"Okay, so it appears that everything is set with Jackson. His vitals appear to be back to normal and since there's really not much else we can do for him until he heals, he's able to leave this afternoon." She says monotonously, flipping through some papers in her hands. A big grin grew on my face as if someone was pulling two strings attached to each side of my lips.

"Wow, that's wonderful news! Thank you!" I smiled, shaking her hand and walking back into the room.

"What is it?" Jackson asked, sitting up a little taller.

"You can leave this afternoon."

•••

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I asked Jackson, folding some clothes on his bed for him. I was worried for his well being while he decided to stay at college and continue his classes, apparently not phased by his various injuries.

"Katie, I'm fine. I have crutches, and my roommate's gonna carry my stuff to each of my classes. Don't worry about me, I'm 23, I'm a big boy." He replied, rolling his eyes.

"Gosh, sorry for worrying about my big brother!" I jokingly hollered, throwing a shirt at his face. He threw it back at me and now it was my turn to roll my eyes as I proceeded to fold it.

"When do you plan on going home?" He asked me.

"Once I finish folding all your stupid laundry!"

It had always been like this between us, joking around with each other effortlessly. Him and Maddie were the only ones I could really be myself around. But now that he was gone, it was only Maddie. But I'm glad I got to spend some time with him, actually, since I haven't seen him since New Years. It reminded me of the times when we were younger and he was back home. It comforted me, I missed those days. He was pretty much the one who took care of me in my childhood, so we were extremely close.

"There, finally finished," I sighed, admiring my neat piles laid out on his bed sheets, "now, can I trust that you'll put these away?"

"Uh...yeah, sure." He said, not really paying attention to me. His eyes were locked onto his t.v. and his thumbs controlled his xbox controller with ease; he didn't even have to think about it. It confused me how people could just do that.

"Jackson!" I shouted over the obnoxious sounds of gunfire.

"W-What?" He said, his character dying in the game. Finally, he was listening.

"I'm leaving now." I told him, picking up my purse and putting on my shoes.

"Oh, alright then." He said, getting his crutches and placing one under each arm. He crutched to the door and opened it for me. I thanked him, attempting to give him a light hug so that I didn't hurt him. He ignored his hurt amenities for a moment and gave me one of the tightest hugs he's ever given me.

"Be safe, Katie. I love you." He kissed me on the top of the head before I walked out of the door, telling him I loved him too.

I made the walk to my car as quick as possible, itching to get on the road and make it home before dark.

I slipped into my car, turning the key in the ignition. The vehicle roared to life and I buckled my seatbelt, putting Catfish and the Bottlemen's music on shuffle out of habit. As Van's raspy voice came through the speakers of my car in the form of "Homesick", I turned the music off. I couldn't bear to listen to it, my heart becoming heavy automatically as tears pricked the corners of my eyes. I wiped them away and carried on driving on the highway towards home.

•••

Once I finally pulled up next to the curb in front of my apartment complex, it was 6:30 and the sun was just beginning to dip behind the city skyline. I made sure to lock my car as I pulled the duffel bag from out of my trunk. I stepped onto the curb and sent a quick text to Jackson saying that I had made it home safely. As I put my phone in my back pocket I glanced down the street, and saw something that sent shivers down my spine and knots into my stomach. Coming out of the bar was that familiar head of chocolate brown curls.

"No..." I whispered to myself.

My breathing became rapid as I watched him hold the door open for someone. Now was my chance.

I gripped my duffel bag tightly in one hand and my purse in the other, running as fast I could to the lobby of my apartment.

"Come on, come on, come on!" I screeched, pressing the 'up' button on the elevator a million times with my right index finger.

Eventually, the shiny, chrome doors opened and I stepped inside, pressing the "close doors" button. I was safe, for now, as the elevator climbed the floors to get to the fourth one. The doors reopened and I dashed down the hallway to my front door. I tore my purse apart, digging through it to find my keys all the way at the bottom.

Of course.

I fumbled with them as I tried to find the right one to fit in the door. Once I finally found it amongst my seemingly millions of keys, my shaky hands unlocked the door and I quickly threw all of my bags onto the floor. I slammed the door shut and made sure to lock it, sliding my back down it and sinking into the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest and cried. I genuinely just sat there and cried my eyes out as all of the unwanted memories flooded into my mind, with no signs of stopping...

**************************************************************************************

oooo now it's starting to get jUICY ;))

GO FOLLOW MY CATFISH COVERS ACCOUNT ON INSTA @catb.covers I JUST COVERED 'RED' :)

have a lovely day xx

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

60.4K 1.5K 199
"Youre worse than our Van you are, bet you don't even have lungs..." "Yeah well, oxygens over rated, I don't need to breath..." So this is like a dou...
Outside Par Lu <3

Fanfiction

18.5K 661 49
It's like I'm on the outside... Lyla Robson was like any average nineteen year old, she worked and dealt with egotistical bosses like many girls her...
1.1K 23 20
When the plan of escape turns out to be a trip with her neighbour. How will the point tip so that this trip changes their lives afterwards? -A Van M...
17.5K 343 24
He was all sharp edges with a brooding darkness that set your pulse racing. His eyes blue fathomless pools. It was like looking into a void. Ice cold...