chapter 14

"Oi! This place looks good, lads!" Benji called out over his shoulder as he bent down to look through the windshield, driving the tour bus down the not-so-crowded streets. It was half past ten in the morning on a Wednesday, so everyone was either at work or at school.

"Is it open?" Larry asked, not taking his eyes off of the tv as I played him in FIFA. Maddie was snuggled up against Bondy on the couch and I had no idea where Bob and Kat were, so we were the only two left. Benji confirmed that it was and parked the tour bus against the curb. I walked to the back of the bus where the bunks were to try and find Bob and Kat to tell them that we were here.

Where on Earth could they possibly be?

I strolled through the door to find their backs turned to me, both of them hunched over Kat's laptop on the floor.

"That one's ace!" Bob hollered, pointing to the computer screen, but I couldn't exactly see what was on it though. Kat giggled in response and thanked him. Their interaction made my blood boil. I knew it. I knew she liked him. How could she not? It was Bob for Christ sakes.

I couldn't help but be relieved that she had forgotten about the kiss I gave her last night. I mean, if she liked Bob then that would just be awkward for her and I, especially because of how good of lads we had become. Although, it was going to fucking rip me apart to leave her for two months. I had started to develop feelings for her and seeing her with Bob just confirmed how real those feelings were as jealously bubbled up within me. I cleared my throat.

"Uh, we're at the restaurant." I said awkwardly, not really sure why I was so nervous all of the sudden. Kat turned towards me and flashed me a bright, white smile, shutting her laptop.

"Great, I'm starving!" She sighed, patting her stomach and tossing her laptop onto my bed before standing up and walking past me through the door. Bob and I followed behind her like two lost puppies as we exited the bus and walked into a small little breakfast restaurant that was still open. Benji told the hostess that we needed a table for 7 and we stood waiting whilst she and some other waitresses pushed a few tables together.

"What were you and Bob looking at on your computer earlier?" I leaned down and asked Kat quietly, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Oh, just some pictures I took." She responded casually, rocking back and forth on the heels of her feet.

"Of us at the gig last night?" I pushed on farther. She nodded.

"Oh. Can I see them later?" I asked. She nodded again. The conversation died and the lot of us were escorted to our massive table. Bob took the seat on Kat's left and Maddie took the one on the right, along with Bondy next to her, leaving Benji, Larry, and so to sit on the other side of the table.

It confused me as to why Kat wasn't being very talkative today. I mean, she seemed to be talking to Bob a lot, but not really anyone else. I shook it off and opened up my menu, gazing at all the choices. I heard heavy laughter coming from the opposite side of the table and I peeked over my menu, watching Bob throw his big, curly head back in laughter as Kat covered her mouth with her hands, giggling.

"Van? You alright, mate?" Larry shook my arm.

"Y-Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I replied, shaking my head a bit and refocusing on the menu and not the two across the table.

"Your knuckles are turning white from holding onto the menu so hard and your teeth are clenched. You look pissed as hell." Larry pointed out. I looked down at my hands, and sure enough, he was right. I loosened them and cleared my throat.