Hello Doctor

By joannamadridista

Camila Cortez, a 23 year old new doctor, lives in Madrid with her best friend Mariana Aboroa One day an attra... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 13

576 17 4
By joannamadridista

Camilla's POV:

The light from the windows shines into my room and I slowly wake up. My pillow damp and my eyes stinging from the tears of last night. I glance over to my nightstand and notice that it is 9:00 in the morning. Luckily, it's the first Saturday of the month so I am only on call. But something else catches my eye.

I reach over and pick up the pieces of paper on the nightstand and pull them closer. The paper on top is a note, from James.

Good morning Camilla,

If you're reading this, then you must have woken up. I'm sorry I didn't stay but today is El Clasico I know how one of your dreams is to see an El Clasico at Santiago Bernabéu, and that is what is going to happen. I left you a ticket for the front row right next to Real's warm-up area, and a VIP pass so you can come to the locker rooms after.

Can't wait to see your beautiful face,

James

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm actually going to El Clasico today, at my dream stadium! I pull my phone from it's charger and begin dialing the number I know by heart. 

Mariana: Hey Camilla, sorry I didn't call last night, I got to the hotel and actually passed out.

Her laughter echoed through the phone and I could already feel the tears coming.

Me: I understand, I called to see how are you and also, I have some pretty good news. 

Mariana: Let me guess, you are going on a trip around Africa. Wait, no, you've finally realized that you can secretly fly a plane and are going to become a pilot. Wait, no, you'v-

Me: Oh my god Mariana, hahaha. None of those, but those would be so cool. I'm going to El Clasico.

The second I finish, screams erupt from her side while laughter erupts from my side. I begin to tell her everything that happened since she left, and in return she tells me everything about Paris.

We stay on the line for about three hours, crying, laughing, screaming, talking, etc.

The call ends due to the fact she needs to go tour the hospital and I need to start getting ready for the match.

I quickly shower, throw on some light makeup and pull my hair into a loose high ponytail.

I come out of the bathroom around twenty minutes later to pick out my clothes. I decide to wear my white James jersey and pair it with dark blue ripped jeans. In addition, I wear my black Nikes and a pastel yellow cross-body purse. 

By the time I finish, it's already 12:30 and I quickly scarf down leftovers of the Chinese food from last night. I leave my apartment around 1:00, and arrive to the stadium fifteen minutes later.

Steeping out of my Jeep, I'm surrounded by a sea of white jerseys, all reflecting the home team of Real Madrid.  People are already screaming "Hala Madrid y Nada Más" while a few Barca fans quickly weave their way through, while staying silent.

I make my way over to the stands and quickly sit down. The players are already on the pitch warming up. After about five minutes, some of the players begin noticing me and make their way over. We exchange words before Ancelotti yells at them.

Right before they return to the locker rooms, James makes his way over.

"Hey, I'm so glad you made it!" He exclaims. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I add back, my cheeks already gaining some color.

He laughs, and before he runs off, I quickly add, "You better score a goal for me".

"Anything for you"he smiles back, and runs off with the rest of the team.

Before the players come back on the pitch for the match, I gain some inquisitive stares and some even ask me how I know the players so well. Laughing at their curiousness, I reply back how I treated James for an ankle injury and from there became close with the team.

Eventually, the players return and line up for the anthems. Once the Madrid anthem begins playing, the crowd erupts in song, belting the lyrics at the top of their lungs. When the anthem ends, the match begins and the cheers do not stop.

Up to halftime, the match was mainly back and forth. Barca almost scored some goals, but thankfully, Navas was able to deflect them. Madrid was close as well but, sadly they were deflected as well.

Walking off the pitch, I could tell the boys were disappointed and I wanted to be there to help, but I wouldn't have time to go down there. 

In the 55th minute, Messi was close to scoring but was deflected again, resulting in a corner from Rakitic. Pepe and Piqué both attempted to head the ball, but Piqué won the challenge and the result was a goal for Barcelona. 

Cheers erupted from the Barca side while Madrid fans were fuming, as was I.

However, several minutes later we were able to equal the match.

Kroos crossed it from the wing but, was deflected high into the air and James was in position for a beautiful bicycle kick that resulted into the equalizer.

He jumped in the air and pointed his finger in the air and then to me, knowing that he completed his promise to me.

In the 85th minute, Bale crossed over to Ronaldo, passed Alves and finally sailed the ball through for the winning goal. 

Cheers erupted and the whole stadium was on its feet. The boys were jumping around cheering until the final whistle sounded. Thus, sending every Madrid fan into complete and utter joy.

The boys made their way down to the locker rooms and I pushed myself between people to make my way to the security entrance.

I flashed my pass constantly and finally reached the locker rooms. Cheers and shouts could be heard as the boys were celebrating. 

I quietly poked my head in and knocked on the door, waiting to be welcomed.

Ronaldo quickly noticed me and screamed my name, prompting all the boys to turn their attention to me.

I engulf them in a hug and begin congratulating them all, while the cheers and celebrations continue.

Finally, I make my way to James and have to practically scream, "You kept your promise! Congratulations!"

He laughs and pulls me into a hug, causing butterflies to flutter around my stomach. 

"I can't let my girl down" he answers back, followed by a laugh.

I'm taken back by what he calls me, and I begin to blush. Luckily, he turns away to celebrate with the boys and I can hide my red cheeks.

Eventually, the cheers die down and the boys begin to change. I excuse myself, and wait outside of the locker room for the boys.

20 minutes later they begin to exit, and I sarcastically laugh, "And you all say women take to long to get ready".

They laugh at my remark and we head out of the stadium towards our cars.

"Guys we should celebrate tonight" Marcelo offers.

Sounds of agreement erupts from the team.

"Camilla, why don't you come with us?" Cris asks.

"Oh no, I couldn't, tonight is your guys' night" I retort.

"Nope, not happening. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have played or have made that goal if it wasn't for you. I'm not taking a no for an answer" James rambles out.

I blush lightly, and nod my head softly and cheers erupt.

I head to my car and James follows me.

"Do you need a ride home?" I ask inquisitively.

"No, I'm fine. I just wanted to say that I'll pick you up around nine, so be ready" he quietly and quickly pipes out.

I smile and nod my head. Climbing into my car, I wave goodbye to the boys and begin to dial Mariana's number. 

Who knows what her reaction will be when I tell her everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Thank you all for your reads and votes and comments.

I want to shout out two people for all their support and help. You all need to check out their stories. It's gabyemboaba and Footballbabe10 

I also want to apologize for not updating sooner. See, coming home after being a camp counselor is quite exhausting, and I just didn't have the energy to update. I promise I'll update more okay.

I added the video because I just love the anthem so much and it goes well with this chapter so enjoy!

Also, I know James didn't play in El Clasico and I know the one on April 2nd wasn't played at Santiago, but just for the sake of the story, I made it so they did.

Also, Carlo Ancelotti is still their manager because I liked him much more than Zidane.

Thank you all for everything and please continue to read and vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fated. By Shenhe

Fanfiction

859 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...
5.4K 143 21
In which Y/n's life completely changed after she moved to spain Madrid. . . . ~~...... 𝐃𝐨 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮? ~ . . .
89.5K 1.9K 18
❛ can we be, can we be, be each others company . . . ❜ ━━━━ in which jude finds himself falling for his physiotherapist. (jude bellingham x fem! o...