Breaking Apart ; Harry Potter...

By Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

In which Harry and Robyn are breaking apart for completely different reasons... {Book Two - SEQUAL TO FINALLY... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
BOOK THREE

Chapter 12

17.9K 580 138
By Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

Harry sat alone in the tent. He had given up pacing and now sat, bouncing his knee up and down, while he fumbled with his hands.

His ears rung with the cheers and terrified shouts from the crowd as they watched the champions fight their dragons. It was all very terrifying.

Harry was a mess. Outside he looked perfectly normal. Like he always did in fact, just a little nervous but that was expected after all. But on the inside, he was a bomb waiting to explode.

His mind raced with unanswered questions. Who put his name in the Goblet? Why did they put his name in the Goblet? How was he going to get the egg? Sure, he had a small plan; to use his broom. But then what? How would he get past the dragon? What spells should he use?

But the mountain of questions only added to his nerves. He wished he had his three best friends by his side to battle with him. Selfish, Harry knew that. But he missed the comfort his friends brought him. Sure, they had their rough moments but they were still his best and only really true friends. He needed them.

Suddenly, the inevitable happened and Harry felt like he was about to pass out at any given moment.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledore's voice boomed through the arena.

Harry jumped at the sudden sound and bolted up. His legs felt like jelly and his heart felt as if it was going to burst out of his chest.

The ringing in his ears only got louder as the cheering erupted again.

He took a step forward, a wave of dizziness washed over him. He pushed it aside and made it outside the tent.

The sunlight blinded his vision making him squint. The cheering sounded ten times louder now he was caught in the middle of it. Harry could see the looming monstrosity of the dragon. The Hungarian Horntail. The beast he was about to fight.

He saw a glimmer of gold and he focused his green eyes on it, only to realize it was the golden egg. The only trouble was the dragon was guarding it.

Harry took in the rest of the small space. It was mostly dominated by huge rocks and boulders.

The Horntail seemed calm. It was lying down, its breathing slow. Harry took this to his advantage.

He took in a deep breath and ran for the egg. His determination and hope shattered into a million pieces as the dragon roared to life.

"Yep, definitely crazy." Robyn muttered from her seat in the stands. Herself and Hermione were at the edge of their seats.

The giant structure of the beast only seemed to get bigger as it lifted itself up. The earth seemed to shake at the simple movement. Harry gulped.

Panic coursed through him as the plan all too quickly backfired in his face.

Harry dived behind a rock, the crowd gasping as the Horntail aimed it's deadly fire at the rock Harry was behind. The fire hit the rock with force. Harry's breathing quickened as he saw the flames dancing around the rock.

The fire was slowly heating up the rock, burning Harry's back but he didn't move - he couldn't move unless he wanted to die. Something that was on the bottom of Harry's to-do-list.

"Your wand Harry! Use your wand!" Harry heard Hermione's voice from somewhere in the stands. It was faint but he heard it loud and clear.

Harry pulled out his wand, only just realising he had it as the fear had made him forget.

Harry raised his wand. "Accio Firebolt." He shouted.

It took minutes - less even - for Harry's trusted Firebolt to fly into his hand. Harry grinned, his fear subsiding slightly.

He wasted no time in jumping on and soaring off the ground.

The cheering from the crowds turned to deafening silence as the Horntail roared loudly and lifted itself off the ground, chasing Harry into the sky.

Harry looked over his shoulder and was shocked to see the big beast following him.

Harry leaned forward on his broom, urging it to go faster, while dodging the orange flames the Horntail was aiming at him.

Harry flew over the crowds and the dragon followed, leaving the crowd in stunned silence.

Robyn fidgeted in her seat. Harry was now out of sight but the echoing roars of frustration from the dragon could still be heard.

The arena was silent. All waiting for Harry to return. But he did not.

Robyn could see the Professors craning their necks to see if the unlucky boy was anywhere in sight. Worry etched their ageing faces. But still, everyone waited for what felt like hours and with still no return from Harry, everyone was beginning to worry. Robyn could see even Ron was starting to panic.

Harry, on the other hand, had no time to worry, for he was still being chased by the Horntail. He maneuvered around Hogwarts tall buildings, trying to confuse the dragon but the dragon only grew frustrated till it cut Harry off with its tail and sent Harry falling off his broom and roughly on to the tiled roof of Hogwarts.

Harry felt blood ooze from his forehead. Sweat glazed his entire body, along with soot and dirt. Harry could tell he was going to wake up with a body coated in bruises. His body already ached all over and he had various other wounds that were bleeding too.

But he was determined to get that egg - to make it out alive.

Harry was hanging on the roof for dear life as below him was the face of death.

Another screech came from the dragon and the building shook as the dragons sharp claws hit the building. The dragon made its way towards Harry's helpless body.

Tiles fell from the roof as the dragon advanced on Harry, it's eyes hungry.

But as Harry held on to the building to stop himself falling, he spotted his Firebolt wedged in between the small space of the roof and the chimney.

Using what energy he had left, Harry raised one of his hands and once again used the Accio charm. The broom wriggled a little but did not budge.

The dragon grew nearer and Harry had to roll his body around as the dragon spat fire again.

Harry tried many times to get his broom but to no avail. His arms were growing tired and his sweaty hands made it hard to hold on. He could feel his hand slipping. Fear crept into him. He needed to get his Firebolt back or he would either get killed by the dragon or fall to his death.

Harry reached for his broom and his fingers brushed the handle. Hope sparkled inside of him. He could still do this.

Harry pushed forward and grabbed his broom, pulling on it until it became free. Harry grinned and let go of the grip he had on the roof, leaving him free falling. The dragon cried out in despair and frustration as it was about the finally reach Harry.

Still falling, Harry spun his body around and mounted his broom. He heard the dragons wings smacking against the air and knew it was once again following him. Harry pushed forward and started flying towards the arena again.

Harry flew under the bridge that led to Hogsmeade but the dragon was too big and too slow to try and fly upwards and over it, so the Horntail crashed into the wooden structure and was sent falling into the water.

Harry couldn't help but feel guilty but relieved at the same time.

Harry made his way back to the arena, where everyone was waiting.

The cheering started again as everyone saw Harry, hurt but alive. Robyn let out a sigh of relief.

Harry leaned down on his broom and with a smile of relief, grabbed the golden egg, tiredness washing over him.

Although incredibly beaten and bruised, Harry had done it. He had completed the First Task.

(So sorry it's late.)

And can I just talk about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for a second.

I haven't managed to get a copy of the book yet (as it only came out yesterday I believe) but I am hoping to get my hands on it soon. I am so excited to read it.

I have had some spoilers already about it from an article in the paper (my mom showed me because she knows how in love I am with Harry Potter.)

I can't explain how excited I am to read it.

I am sad that I won't be able to see it preformed as where I live, the closest theatre is 3 hours away. I think they only preform Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in certain theatres anyway, I am not sure.

But still, I am so BLOODY excited to follow Harry's last ever adventure.

Let me know if any of you have read the books or watched the play. Is it as good as everyone says it is? Is it complicated like a lot of people are saying it to be? Let me know but please NO spoilers. Thank you for all the support. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 629 13
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ❛Neither of us is happy, but neither of us wants to leave, so we keep breaking one another and calling it love...❜ ━━━━━━...
1K 43 12
Abigail Lupin returns to Hogwarts with her friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Abigail dreams are plagued with events and she can...
31.1K 785 14
"Oh, boo who lover boy." "Fucking bastard!" "Dont talk about shaging my sister!" Life and death go hand in hand, without one the other does not exis...
22.1K 1.1K 8
π“π–πˆπ’π“ πŽπ… 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄 | ❝You should stop believing in fate and start believing in yourself. That's what I did.❞ IN WHICH JULIET FAWLEY IS FINALLY...