Can't Have It All

Av intellectual212

Kenya is on top of the world as one of the world's most successful rising businesswomen. But she quickly lear... Mer

My Day
Overwhelming
For Those Who Ask Why K Can't
Why Am I Still Here
Real Work
One Job
Yall Commenting Essays
Not An Update: Guy QueStion
So A Reader Saw Juice aka Bettlejuice
Simple Things
Fake Puerto-Rican
Not An Update: Guy Question Update
We Know What It Is
Plot Twist: Odell Been catfishing us
Going It Alone
All You Heauxs Better
Yall See O New Hair
Different Results
Yo Somebody Please Get Yo Boy
What You Need
Spawn of Satan
Other Options
Are Yall Mad At...
K Stands For
Earn It Back
Yall are exhausting
Probation
Reader Question
Any Of Yall Know Who...
This Is A Test
Are Yall Watching The Game
Formula to Life
Nigga We Made It
Acting Different
They're All The Same
A Break
Heart On The Line
Reader Question
Old O and K
Sir Rap A Lot
You're Hired
Do Yall Believe This
Righting Wrongs
Glowing
Meanie
Im Beating Some Ass
The Shade Room
Cheat Day
Can We All Say
Where Are You heauxs
Try Me
Let Me Surprise You
Would Yall Be Mad If I sped up
Comment Your Favorite Moments
Wheels Up
Flashback: My Space
Some of Yall Slow
Island Getaway Pt 1
Island Getaway Pt 2
Brother To Sister
Save The Day
Sandcastles
Five Years LAter
Author Note: I Love Yall
The Beckhams
Old Habits
New Hire
Typical
1 to 10
Is Code For
Love In A Dark Place
Strange Vibes
Can't Be Real
Where Have You Negros Been
Only The Gulity
Olivia Pope
End Of The Road
Ain't Shit
Fake Love
Big Mad
Instagram War
Instagram Makeups
City Gal
Need Your Opinion
Clay Bear
Always Be Yours
Invites
Chill
That's Life
Don't Rush It
Tat Twin
Threats
Friends
Back To Baton Rouge
Facetime Calls
Trash
Pop-Ups
Spending Time
Your Speed
Family Time Pt 1
Family Time Pt 2
Retired
What The Hell Going On With The Giants
Grow
Add Fame
This Book Is Complete

Karol's Cosmetics

108K 2.3K 244
Av intellectual212

Kenya POV-

"Good morning beautiful." I awoke to O's voice. He was sitting on the edge of the bed.

I sat up and saw he had a huge bear, with a graduation cap, an LSU graduation shaw, with flowers in its arm. It was the cutest thing.

And he had put breakfast on a tray.

It was scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes with strawberry syrup, and a mimosa.

"Aww thank you baby." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"Had to pull out all the stops for the class valedictorian."

"I appreciate it. Who cooked this?"

"Me."

I eyed him.

"I did. With the help of B, but I did it. Taste it."

I closed my eyes, got some eggs and tasted it. It was pretty good. I opened my eyes.

"Not bad."

"I'm getting better."

"Yeah you are. And I love it. Now I don't have to worry about our future babies being left home alone with you."

He laughed.

He got a gift off my desk. "I was deciding whether to give this to you after or before. But it's from your mom. She told me to give you this. The day she passed."

I took it from him. And opened it. I smiled. It was the first chemistry book she ever bought me. She had written in the front.

To my baby, Use that mind to better the world and girls who look just like you. Love Mama aka Cam Newton's wife.

I chuckled through the tears. I lifted the book and an envelope fell out.

I pulled out a sticky note attached to a check for 10,000.00 dollars.

This is all my savings. Consider Mama An investor in your cosmetics line. I have never been more proud of anything in my life, like I am of being your mother. You will change the world. Use this to jumpstart.

I broke down.

O grabbed me into a hug and held me.

"I rather have her baby. I don't want the money." I confessed.

"I know. But she's here. You are her. And as long as you're alive and your dreams are, she will be too."

"You know what, you're right. I'm going to name my cosmetic line, Karol's Cosmetics after her. That way, even after I'm dead. Her name will be spoken."

"I think that's a wonderful idea baby. You do that. And know I'm
Going to support you all the way. Whatever you need me to do, I'm there."

"I love you so much baby." I hugged him tight and kissed him.

"Let's go chance the world my 1."

"Let's go change the world my 3."

We kissed one last time, then got ready for graduation. We were sad about the memories we would leave behind at LSU, but excited about the ones we would create in our future.

3 Years Later

We were at the press conference announcing my new line of products.

Cameras and media were everywhere as me and my new spokesperson for the line set beside me.

"It is with my great pleasure that I announce the new face of Karol Cosmetics Men's deodorant line..."

"A specifically defined formula for men who live an active lifestyle. Aka the musty, sweaty men in your life." My male spokesperson joked.

"Yes. And if any of you date athletes, you know what I'm taking about." I laughed.

"You see him. You love him. He was chosen as this year's not only MVP, but Number 1 NFL player out of 100. Mr. Cameron Jerell Newton, ladies and gentleman." I clapped and so did the other people in the room.

Cam shyly smiled.

My assistant Bria, took the cover off of our campaign photo.

The reporters started calling out both Cam and my name.

My assistant pointed to one reporter to ask a question.

"Uh Cam what made you want to partner with Kenya and her cosmetics line?"

"Well if I do anything it has to make sense for me professionally and personally. I get a lot of offers to do a lot of things. But when Kenya came to me with this idea, I had to jump on board.

Not only she is a Carolina native, but the Karol's cosmetics brand is revolutionizing the beauty industry. And the fact that she donated 10 percent of all proceeds to the advancement of African-American youth in science and math programs, this is something I had to get on board with. On top of that, the line is named after her mother who was a huge Panther's fan so I couldn't deny that."

"This question is for Kenya. Kenya your fiancé is Odell Beckham Jr. He was designated 10 on the top NFL players list. Young kids who this product benefits, identify with him. Why Cam and not him?"

I knew this question would come. 🙄

"Well, Odell and I like to keep business and our relationship separate. And to add, I believe that Cam has a broader reach than Odell. Cam is considered a veteran in the game. This is only Odell's third year. The better business model, was to go with someone more established. He fully supports my decision."

"Cam this question is for you. You ready to take it all this year?"

"I always remain ready. Just as ready as I am to be the new face of Karol's Cosmetics men's line."

I laughed at how he brought it back to the product.

"This concludes Ms. Morris's conference. Thank you." My assistant told the crowd of media and ushered me and Cam back to our vehicles.

"Thank you so much Cam. Oh my God, I can't thank you enough." I hugged him.

"Of course. I stand by what you're doing and on top of that, Kia said she would leave me if I didn't."

I laughed. "Aw I miss her and Chosen so much. Send them my love will you."

"Sure will. Next time y'all come my way, we'll hang. Tell yo boy to cut that top ramen first. That's not acceptable in my house." He said getting in his car.

"Okay." I laughed.

He waved a final goodbye and drove away.

I got in my car and drove to jersey, where O and I lived now.

Things over the past two years have been mixed. I had a wonderful time in Oxford the last two years.

The first year Odell and I spent out there together. He trained, I worked. He got drafted number 12 to the New York Giants, that year.

The second year, we spent apart which was quite difficult. But we made it through.

During  my second year, Dr. T helped me launch my cosmetics line with the money my mother gave me and she also became an investor with the rest.

It took off. And now I was branching out into men's products.

I had went to a fundraising gala for Cam's foundation, he invited O to.

O introduced me. And Cam went on and on about how Kia, his wife, loved Karol's products. And he had actually just bought her some.

I told him we were launching our men's line of products and he told me to call him.

And when he invited O and I to his house this summer, we closed the deal.

"Bria, I need you to set up an appointment for me at..." When I entered the door Odell took my phone and hung it up.

"Why did you do that O? That was important." He turned off my phone as I reached for it, and Bria tried to call me back.

"Not more important than me." He pecked my lips took my hand and showed me table where he had prepared dinner.

Grilled Feta Chicken Breast, salad and angel hair pasta.

He pulled out my seat and told me to sit.

I did.

"How did the press conference go?" He asked.

"Good."

"Proud of you." He kissed my forehead. "Even though I look better than Cam and you don't want to use me." He said fixing my plate.

"I just don't want to be in your shadow baby. If I use you, the focus is gon be on you. And I just want us both to be great. I'm going to use you down the line. Just let me establish it first."

"Whatever you say baby." He sighed.

I know he felt some type of way about it. But I wanted to establish my name first as my name, not as Odell's Beckhams girl. That's the first thing people say if players wives and girlfriends.  "You wouldn't be shit if it weren't for them."

And I don't want to be that girl. That's why I don't use him period. Not his money, not his face, not his brand. I don't even allow him to post it on his social media. 

He Poured me a glass of wine, fixed his plate then sat down.

I mumbled my grace and began to eat.

"And what about this wedding?"  He said eating.

"What do you mean?"

"How long you gon put it off? I asked you to marry me the day I got drafted. That was two years ago. I have a feeling you don't want to marry me."

"It's not that baby. I just think we need to wait."

"Like we need to wait with the baby?" He said eating.

"Yeah. Just let me get this off the ground."

"You asked me to wait until you finished Oxford for both, I did. Now it's wait until you get this off the ground." He said frustrated. "I'm not going to do too much more waiting."

I got up and sat on his lap, holding his face.

"O just give me a little while. Then I promise. You, this wedding and little O's will get my full attention." I pecked his lips. "Nothing in this world will make me more happy than being your wife."

"Imma hold you to it. But for now, let's to a little pre-gaming before tomorrow's game."

"Where?" I asked seductively licking my lips.

"Right here." He picked me up, and put
Me on the table.

Let's just say, we had each other for dinner.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

26 5 5
After spending years of being lonely and single Nikki finally meets her match; Eric. High paid lawyer and the man of her dreams, but will the envy of...
554K 32.4K 36
With three weeks left as a bachelor Cairo and his groomsmen think it's a good idea to take over the streets of Las Vegas. Let loose after a stressful...
25K 4K 55
A GIRL FROM A SMALL VILLAGE IN KENYA HAS TO OVERCOME OBSTACLES THROWN HER WAY IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE HER DREAMS. See full description inside. ©All Righ...
7.7K 505 12
Young doctor in training is forced to learn about work life and how important it is not to get romantically involved with a fellow doctor... A hospit...