GLEE You Belong With Me(Seque...

By Musicalme1998

It's Junior year. Effy and Ryder can't wait to get back to their home in the New Directions after a summer in... More

GLEE You Belong With Me(Sequel to Being Effy Puckerman)
Chapter 1 Being Back With No Direction
Chapter 2 Happy Go Lucky
Chapter 4 Sammy Aka The New Drama Queen
Chapter 5 All Hell Breaks Lose
Chapter 6 Ryder of Jackson?
Chapter 7 The Boys Are Back
Chapter 8 I Want It All
Chapter 9 A KATY OR A GAGA
Chapter 10 Torturous Twosomes
Chapter 11 Sectionals
Chapter 12 Finchel
Chapter 13 Piano Man
Chapter 14 Battle Of The Sexes
Chapter 15 New York New York
Chapter 16 Bad Influences
Chapter 17 Valentines Week
Chapter 18 Regionals
Chapter 19 DIVA 2.0
Chapter 20 Life Unexpected

Chapter 3 Sadness and Secrets

1.7K 39 20
By Musicalme1998

Effy's POV

Me and Ryder were sat in a booth near the window. It was a couple of minutes until lunchtime.

"Did she say what is was she wanted to talk about?" Ryder enquired.

"You read the same letter as me" I explained, he put his hands up in surrender.

"Are you nervous that she might be your grandma?" Ryder asked. I gripped his hand tightly.

"You can't imagine" I laughed. He rested his forehead on mine.

"I felt the same way when I was waiting to find out if I had dyslexia" He explained. I looked at him and pulled him in and kissed him.

"Well I wasn't expecting this" someone with a croaky voice announced, I looked past Ryder to see an elderly woman with Blonde curls, green eyes and was about medium height.

"Are you Elizabeth Puckerman?" She asked. I nodded.

"You're Elizabeth July?" I asked. She nodded before taking a seat across from me and Ryder.

"And this is...Jake?" She asked.

"No this is my boyfriend Ryder...Jake has no clue you even wrote to me" I corrected.

"Oh, well nice to meet you Ryder" Elizabeth laughed.

"I don't mean to sound rude but why did you write to me? I checked my family tree and both of my grandmas are dead" I explained.

"Well your adoptive mom's mother is dead" Elizabeth announced as if it was nothing. I was adopted? What the hell? This was completely mind blowing.

"Wait, wait, wait I'm adopted?" I shrieked. She went pale.

"Oh lord you didn't know. I am so sorry. I am you real mom's mom" She explained. My whole world had just fallen apart. The person that I had called mom for so long wasn't actually my real mom. Losing her had crippled me emotionally for so long.

"Ef you alright?" Ryder whispered in my ear. I nodded.

"So my real mom is?" I asked.

"She's a teacher of dance at NYADA" Elizabeth explained. Well my mom was still a dancer.

"Why did she never tell me about any of this?" I enquired. She shrugged her shoulders.

"All I know is that your real mom was pregnant with you in college and gave you to one of her dance friends who couldn't have children" Elizabeth explained. So my mom...and my mom were both dancers and that's how they both met.

"Who is my mom?, what's her name?" I asked.

"Her name's Cassandra" Elizabeth responded. Ryder leant forward.

"Sorry to interrupt but why did you contact Effy now?" Ryder asked. Why wasn't that my first question?

"I contacted her because...I just found out I have cancer...and I wanted to get to know my granddaughter before I pass" Elizabeth laughed like it was nothing. My grandma had cancer, I had only known her for two minutes and she was telling me she was going to die.

---------------------------

The weekend went really really slow. Elizabeth told me she only has a couple of weeks. So we were going to make the most of it. She was still making me go to school. Me and Marley were sat in french. She had her text book propped up so we could talk without everyone hearing.

"So she has cancer? And she sent you a letter at the start of summer? And didn't tell me till now?" Marley shrieked quietly hitting my arm.

"I know. She said I have a mom and two sisters" I laughed. Marley looked confused.

"Well then where are they?" Marley enquired.

"Elizabeth said that one of my sisters is like distant to my mom so she won't be coming down but my other sister Demetria is coming to Lima sometime this week" I responded nervously. Marley's face went pale.

"Your sister is coming and your grandma is dying. Don't overdo it, I don't want to be seeing you in a mental hospital on weekends" Marley snapped quietly.

"Don't worry I won't" I replied, I was probably overdoing it way too much as it is already. Then Marley squealed.

"I wonder if she'll look like you?" Marley wondered. I wondered too. Oh god we were going to be those people who looked exactly the same.

---------------------------

Ryder's POV

It felt good to be back in glee club after all the drama lately. That was until Finn told us the theme of the week. Sadness.

"Last week was happiness, this week we need to dig deep and pull out a performance that could win us nationals" Finn explained.

"Doesn't this counter us being happy as kind of champions?" I enquired, we had spent two weeks getting out of a depression, now he wanted us to be all depressing and sad.

"Urm..?" Finn began, I had clearly stumped him with my question.

"I think Ryder has a point Finn" Bradley added, she bit her lip and smiled at me. What the fuck was she doing?

"Well tough we're doing sadness week" Effy snapped.

"Sorry we all don't want to be the grumpy bitch you've been lately" Bradley muttered.

"Sorry I don't want to be an easy going slut who let's every guy in a ten mile radius define her like you" Effy retorted. Kitty coughed back a laugh.

"Girls calm down" Finn ordered.

"Stay out of this Finn" Both of the girls snapped. They got face to face.

"You got something to say, say it?" Bradley ordered.

"Said all I need to say skank" Effy spat in her face. Damn my girlfriend was so hot right now but...so was Bradley kind of.

"Girls that's enough" Finn thundered. Everyone pair of eyes in the room snapped to him. Effy and Bradley both took their seats again.

"Now you're supposed to be a team, act like it or do you want to lose nationals again?" Finn continued. No one said a word.

"Now sadness songs, I want everyone to use their greatest pain and give us a number" Finn ordered. He timed his finishing speech perfectly because the bell rang seconds later. Everyone piled out of the room. I ran to catch up with Effy. I needed to know what that was back in the choir room.

"What was that back there?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"Bitch pissed me off" she replied simply. I could tell when she was hiding stuff from me, it had happened that often lately.

"We both know it's more than that" I muttered. She stopped dead, which made me slam into her.

"You want to know what's going on in my head. That slut is flirting with you left, right and centre and she usually get's what she wants" Effy snapped.

"So it's not like I would do anything, you know that right?" I asked, her face fell. Wow my own girlfriend didn't trust me.

"Wow just wow. You know I wasn't so happy when Jackson came back into your life but I didn't say a damn word. I also didn't say anything when he found out about the letter before me, or the fact that you lost your virginity to him. Or the fact that he still likes you and you haven't told him you're not interested" I snapped before storming off the opposite way down the hallway.

---------------------------

Effy's POV

Me, Jake, Elizabeth and Puck stood at the train station waiting for Demetria to get here. It had been a hard conversation with Jake and Puck but we got there eventually.

"So can I hit on your sister or is that incest?" Puck enquired.

"She's about the same age as you?" Elizabeth laughed. I shook my head at him.

"You know I can take you" I warned. He put his hands up in surrender. Jake was ignoring me completely.

"Jake?" I moaned. He bit his bottom lip.

"Fine" I sighed. Puck put his arm around me. The train pulled in slowly. Time literally stopped around me. The train stopped. Elizabeth gripped my hand.

"Prepare to meet the life and soul of the family" Elizabeth squealed. Out of the whole crowd that outpoured from the train I could spot Demetria. She was in a denim skirt, tie died t-shirt, blue boots, she had her hair lose and straight, but the main give away was she had a guitar strapped to her back. (A/N Demi played by Emma Stone, I said she was blond because it just fits better I think).

"What's up grams?" she asked before fist bumping Elizabeth. She had a slight texan accent. She turned to me.

"You must be my little sis huh?" she laughed wrapping her arm around me. She was different than I expected, I expected her to be golden brunette like me.

"You're so different than I expected" I replied frankly, a huge smile stretched across her face.

"What you were expecting a carbon copy?" she enquired, laughing.

"Honestly yes" I laughed. Our laughs sounded the same.

"C'mon let's go be psychos together" she laughed, ahhhhh she was even quoting perks of being a wallflower.

---------------------------

Ryder's POV

I ran through lyrics for my song in my head. I always fumbled a little on the last verse. Another reason that I was running through song lyrics is to try and avoid Effy. I had seen her walking around with a blonde haired girl, she looked too old to be a high school student but I was probably going to find out soon since I just saw them walk into glee club. I followed them in.

"Hi guys I would like to introduce my sister Demi, she's going to be with us all week" Effy laughed.

"Rock on y'all" Demi added. Whoa, whoa, whoa sister...why did she sound texan? Demi was plague with hugs from Kitty and Marley within seconds.

"Well can she sing?" Finn enquired. That was a good question, did it run in the family?

"What type of song?" Demi enquired.

"Sad" I announced. Demi laughed.

"Hanging On by Ellie Goulding okay?" Demi asked. Finn nodded with his goofy smile on.

"Effy you can rap?" Demi asked. Effy nodded, I had never heard Effy rap. She walked up to the piano and started playing.

"Demi:

You know we can get away

Because I'm calling your name

Every day I feel this pain

But you just turn and walk away

I just can't keep hanging on, to you and me

I just don't know what is wrong, with you and me

Touch me and then turn away

And put your hands into the flame

Tell me if you feel this pain

Cause I don't want to be a ball and chain, nooo

I just can't keep hanging on, to you and me

I just don't know what is wrong

Effy:

Give me the respect, forgive me and forget

We've got to get a grip, living on the edge

I barely even know this fucking woman in my bed

And if there's too much on my plate, then I ain't finishing my veg

And if anybody said the grass is greener on the other side

Well it ain't, swear on my mother's life

You got me wrapped up in your shit

I'm feeling mummified

I've only ever had this fucking feeling in my stomach twice

You gave me what I needed, and I gave her everything she wanted

Miss something 'bout your cleavage

Now why can't put my fingers on it

You're taking me the deepest

I thought that she was coming for me

If all women are from venus, then I guess I really got a rocket

You've got a noose around my neck, but I'm still hanging on

We've nearly reached the finish line up in our marathon

I spat a verse, she sang a song

She broke my heart, I took some Gaviscon

Demi:

I just can't keep hanging on to you and me, with you, with me

With you, with..." They sang. Damn right it ran in the family.

"Demi you're amazing" Finn cheered. The whole room was on their feet cheering.

"That was a great kick start to the week anyone else have anything they would like to perform?" Finn asked. My hand shot straight up.

"Alright Mr Lynn you have the floor" Finn explained.

"Thank" I thanked. I was really nervous about singing this song.

"So this song is for my girlfriend Effy, an apology for being such a dick lately" I explained. Effy went red, Bradley snorted. I nodded to the band.

"Ryder:

If you ever leave me, baby,

Leave some morphine at my door

'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication

To realize what we used to have,

We don't have it anymore.

There's no religion that could save me

No matter how long my knees are on the floor (Ooh)

So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'

To keep you by my side

To keep you from walkin' out the door.

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

I'll never be your mother's favorite

Your daddy can't even look me in the eye

Ooh, if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing

Sayin' "There goes my little girl

Walkin' with that troublesome guy"

But they're just afraid of something they can't understand

Ooh, but little darlin' watch me change their minds

Yeah for you I'll try, I'll try, I'll try, I'll try

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding

If that'll make you mine

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

Oh, don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye),

Don't you say (don't you say) goodbye (goodbye)

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding

If that'll make it right

'Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

And just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain" I sang, I felt tears running down my cheek, Effy walked over to me and kissed me. She was crying a little as well.

"Love you" she laughed quietly.

"Love you too" I replied, we kissed again. And everything was alright again.

---------------------------

Effy's POV

That night Demi dragged me and Ryd to a karaoke bar a few blocks from The Lima Bean. It was dark with neon signs as the only light source.

"Welcome to Notes, it's a karaoke bar" Demi explained.

"Are you going to perform?" I asked Demi. She shook her head.

"You are. I want to hear you sing" Demi explained.

"I don't know..." I trailed off. I had performed in front of more people than this at nationals but something just felt weird, off. Ryder wrapped his arms around me.

"C'mon...you can knock them dead" Ryder explained. I sighed as a sign of me giving in. I walked onto the now empty stage, handed a piece of sheet music for the band and set the mic so that it was at my height.

"Effy:

You shouted out

But I can't hear a word you say

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet

You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

Cut me down

But it's you who'll have further to fall

Ghost town and haunted love

Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium

Stone-hard, machine gun

Firing at the ones who run

Stone-hard as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium" there was a slow wait while people got to there feet and applauded. Demi was wolf whistling.

---------------------------

Ryder's POV

We headed back to Effy's after the bar. Jake was staying over at Seth's tonight, Puck at some chicks house. So we had the house to ourselves. We were making out on the couch with Finding Nemo playing on the tv. This time though it just seemed different more heated, more romantic, more passionate. I had no clue why but she was on fire. She moved down to my neck, and muttered something that vaguely sounded like take your 'shirt off'. now I was confudled.

"What?" I gasped as she nibbled on my ear lobe. She pulled away.

"Take your shirt off" she ordered. I gave her a weird look. She sighed and pulled her top off, leaving her there in just a bra. I snapped out of my train of thought and pulled my top off. She straddled my waist.

"Very nice Mr Lynn" she panted. She kissed slowly down my chest, I had a major league hard on right now begging to be released. She reached the rim of my jeans.

"Take them off" she commanded. I blinked at her, not believing what I was hearing. But I still managed to fumble the button open and shimmy out of them, leaving me in black boxer shorts and a visual on my hard on. She stood up and reached behind her back, within seconds her bra fell off leaving her chest free. A lump formed in my throat. She took my hand and placed it on her left breast.

"You ready to head upstairs?" she asked seductively. This was really going to happen. That night we made love four times. and it was official, I was no longer a virgin.

---------------------------

Effy's POV

I woke up the next morning with Ryder's arm around me and his naked body pressed against me. I smiled at the memory of what happened last night, we had had sex for the first time, and his first time all together. Reached over for my Cheerios uniform and slipped it over my naked body and slipped ankle socks and trainers. I decided to let him sleep, so I left for school.

Today was Friday so all of us gathered centre stage at the auditorium. Michael was on lead.

"Michael:

Wait, I'm wrong

Should have done better than this

Please, I'll be strong

I'm finding it hard to resist

So show me what I'm looking for

Michael and Aylin with New Directions:

Save me, I'm lost

Oh, Lord, I've been waiting for you

I'll pay any cost

Save me from being confused

Show me what I'm looking for

Show me what I'm looking for, oh, Lord

Michael and Nellie:

Don't let go

I've wanted this far too long

Mistakes become regrets

I've learned to love abuse

Please show me what I'm looking for

Michael and Kitty with New Directions:

Save me, I'm lost

Oh, Lord, I've been waiting for you

I'll pay any cost

Save me from being confused

Show me what I'm looking for

Show me what I'm looking for, oh, lord

Bradley:

Show me what I'm looking for

Michael and Jake with New Directions:

Save me, I'm lost

Oh, Lord, I've been waiting for you

I'll pay any cost

Just save me from being confused

Wait, I'm wrong

I can't do better than this

I'll pay any cost

Save me from being confused

Show me what I'm looking for

Show me what I'm looking for, oh, Lord" we sang. Finn cheered for us.

"That was great guys sectionals are ours" Finn shouted. We cheered with him and got in yet another group hug.

---------------------------

•HANGING ON - ELLIE GOULDING

•IT WILL RAIN - BRUNO MARS

•TITANIUM - SIA FT DAVID GUETTA

•SHOW ME WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR - CAROLINA LIAR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 1.9K 90
Blaire Anderson, twin sister of Blaine Anderson, moved to McKinley High halfway through her freshman year. In her sophmore year, she tries out for Gl...
455K 10.3K 53
Everyone at McKinley High knows about New Directions. When the glee club does a production of Grease, sophomore Juliet Vasquez is dragged along to se...
51.1K 1.8K 35
Its been 2 and 1/2 months since Rachel and Quinn have left for vacation. Now with the new school year beginning there will be new challenges, new sec...
30.5K 617 28
Finn Hudson and Noah Puckerman were caught smoking under the bleachers. The punishment? Glee Club. To turn a terrible situation on a cool situation t...