Teen Assassin

By AbigailMahoney

Meet Samantha. An orphan who's parents died in a horrible accident when she was born. Sam was sent to Ashton... More

Shadows
Fire
Ice
Blood
Hunt
Twilight
Scream
Sunrise
Fog
Earth
Insanity
Purity
Fear
Bold
Strength
Silver
Triumph
Misfortune
Compromise
Threats
Blade
Scars
Pain
Torture
The Final Destination

Grim

100 9 6
By AbigailMahoney

Once we cleared everything with the administrators, we went to our dorms. I hadn't seen Cade in a week. Ash stopped by every so often. It was quiet all the time. Without Becca and Tanner, Top Class was torn to shreds. We went our separate ways and didn't really talk to each other. Most people in Top Class had abilities, accept for Ash, Chase and I. After the hunt, Principal Gary thought it'd be best if we all just stayed in our rooms for a while. Hazel claims she didn't see Becca's death, and I said I was the one who found her. How did that creature find us? A loud knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts. Ash then opens the door and strolled right in without an answer.

"You can't just walk in." I snap at him.

"Does it look like I need an invitation?" He hisses back.

"Be nice." Hazel says from her bed.

"Just the girl I was looking for." Ash says walking over to Hazel.

I roll my eyes as he lays her down and advances to the top of her.

"Stop, Ash." Hazel says eyeing me.

"I'm not so good at following rules." He says devilishly.

When Hazel tried to push him off, he pinned her wrists above her head and started to kiss her.

"How could you guys do this? Becca and Tanner are dead, and you act like it didn't even happen!" I yell.

Before Hazel could respond, I dart out of the dorm and into the hallway. My momentum was stopped suddenly as I ran into someone.

"I'm sorry." I say pushing past them.

Instantly, my arm was grabbed by a firm grasp. I look back to see Cade's same pitiful expression.

"Stop looking at me like that." I snap pulling my arm out of his grasp.

"I was on my way to see you guys." Cade says.

"Oh you mean after five days of avoiding us you decide it's okay to finally stop by and say hi?" I hiss at him trying to get away.

I pull out of his grasp but he propels me into the wall.

"What is going on with you?" He asks getting very close to my face.

Suddenly, all the emotions I had balled up inside of me broke loose. My eyes started stinging and I looked away quickly.

"Sam, look at me." Cade says picking up my head.

"Cade, get off. I just met you. The last thing I want you to do see is me crying." I bark at him running away.

I don't look back, I just keep running. I run out of the dorms, past the pond, through the courtyard, all the way down to the cliffs. Our school was built on seaside cliffs. I approached them with caution. I crouch down and slowly make my way to the edge. Once I reach it, I let my legs hang off freely. The frigid air flowing around me gives me goosebumps, and the sound of waves crashing against rocks and walls of dirt fills my ears. The smell of salt lingers around me as I take in every detail. This area is forbidden after a girl from school jumped off as a dare. She didn't make it. I closed my eyes and concentrated hard, trying to answer all the questions floating around in my head. Was I really the prophecy? How come my wounds keep healing? Why couldn't I have saved Becca and Tanner?! Suddenly, I was being pulled away from the cliff and to my feet. I turned to see the very angry Cade.

"Are you insane?!" He screamed over the wind.

"Kind of." I admit honestly.

"You could've gotten hurt, maybe killed!" Cade said grabbing at me.

"Leave me alone. You aren't my mom." I snap at him, pulling my arm away.

"No, but apparently you need one." He snapped dragging me back towards the campus.

I was too weak to fight him. He dragged me back to campus, without a word. I blamed myself for their deaths, but I didn't think I could bare it. Just as we entered Top Class dorm, Chase nearly ran into me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." He says sweetly.

He gives me a weird look after realizing what Cade was doing.

"She's fine." Cade says rolling his eyes.

"No, I'm not. He won't let me go." I say gesturing to my arm.

"If you really wanted to be let go, you'd make him." Chase said coldly pushing past us.

"You're right." I say with a small smirk.

"I am not about to fight you here. Just get in!" He says thrusting me through the door.

I twist myself around until his arm is around my body. Next, I twist his forearm until he let's go of mine. Then, once he tries to retaliate, I go into a fighting stance. He lunges for me, but I jab his chest twice. Then I elbow him in the jaw and he trips over himself.

"Sam-" He starts but I was already running away.

Something was wrong with Chase. I wanted to help him like he helped me. I ran the direction that he went, and tracked him down. I asked around, but only one person had seem him running towards the pond, not looking so happy. I went down to the pond, silencing my steps. I spotted Chase sitting on a rock a couple of feet into the pond. He looked as if he was crying. I snuck up and jumped onto the rock he was sitting on. Instinctively, he shoved me away, but caught me immediately realizing who I was.

"You're lucky. I have my phone on me." I say pulling it out of my pocket.

"You're lucky I didn't just knock you out." He said returning to his cold tone.

"I don't know what I did, but I'm so sorry." I say sitting next to him.

He looked at me, then back at the ground.
"Tanner was my best friend." He whispered as his eyes got glossy.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as Chase said Tanner's name.

"It was my fault. He died fighting. I should've protected him." I say suddenly crying.

"Don't blame yourself, Sam. It's either die, or die now. At least he went down a fighter." Chase says wrapping his arm around me.

I started crying, and I could've sworn I felt Chase cry too.

"I didn't stop the turn because you kissed me." I blurt out.

"What?" He asks recoiling his arm.

"The vampire leader said that I was a prophecy. I can't turn, and I can't die." I say.

After realizing what I did, I jump back onto the bank. I accidentally just told Chase something that could get me banned, meaning they would kick me out of the school into miles of forest and force me to fend for myself. There was miles of forest that kept our school separated from any form of society. That forest is crawling with rebels, werewolves, vamps, demons, and many other dangerous creatures.

"Sam-" Chase called but stopped.

I turned to run, but I was blocked by something of a wall. There stood Cade with his arms crossed angrily. He had a bruise just below his eye.

"Are you following me?!" I demand.

"Yeah, and you're lucky I did." Cade snapped.

I looked at my feet as he shoved past me. He raised his hand and a stream of electricity flowed out of it into Chase's head.

"Stop it!" I scream.

I try to push Cade's hand down, but he shoves me to the ground. I scoff at his unbelievably rude behavior. He lowers his hand as Chase faints. Cade turns and stomps away. I watch as Chase falls into the water unconscious. I don't care about my phone, I jump into the water and drag Chase out. He wakes up suddenly, and is scared of my presence.

"What happened?" He says sitting up.

I look back at Cade who doesn't look back at me. I shake my head at Cade's irritating moodiness.

"I-we were talking and then-c-Cade..he-" I stammer.

"He what?" Chase demands.

"I don't know. He knocked you out and then..I don't know!" I yell.

"Sam, calm down." Chase says putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I can't. He-he-" I stammer.

Chase grabs my head and makes me look at him. His blue eyes were so soothing and tranquil. I close my eyes and let myself fall into Chase. I could feel myself melt. I knew it was some kind of telepathic hypnosis. I was so emotional, so breakable. Somehow Chase is always there with me in this kind of situation. I let myself fall into the trap. I open my eyes again and Chase gave me a painful look.

"It wasn't a hunt. It was a suicide mission." I say quoting myself.

"What?" Chase asks.

I look around, making sure Cade wasn't there.

"There were more than fifteen vamps. They surrounded us, we couldn't do anything. Then the kin leader showed up and claimed some weird thing about me. I killed him. Then an ahuizotl showed up and kidnapped me and Hazel and drowned Becca. If Ash and Cade hadn't tracked us down, we would've ended up like Becca." I spit out.

"Sam.." Chase says pulling me into a hug.

"Why would they do that?" I question holding back my tears.

"I don't know." Chase tells me gently.

"Sami?" I hear Hazel's voice say from a distance.

I turn to see Ash and Hazel, with Cade standing behind them.

"Sam, are you okay?" She asks walking up to me.
I dart to my feet and exclaim, "no."

"Sami-" Hazel starts but I snap.

"Stop calling me that!"

"Sam, calm down." Ash orders.

"Don't tell me what to do!" I scream.

Chase stands up and faces me towards him.

"No." I say refusing to look at him.

Then I add, "I know you have powers. Your stupid eyes calm people down."

"Sam, that's what you need right now." Chase says gently.

I break out of his grasp, in complete denial of everything.

"Sam, what is going on with you?" Hazel demands.

"Just calm down." Chase tells me.

"Stop acting like a child." Ash orders.

I couldn't take it. I turned and stomped away. I knew they wouldn't follow, and it felt good to be by myself. I ran and just kept running. I walked past the dorms, past the office, all the way to the gates of the school. I knew I couldn't pass them, so I sat about five feet from them. They were tall, wooden walls, soaked in salt and sage. It was designed to keep the bad guys out, and us in. Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. I threw my arm around at it, but it was reversed and I was on the ground with my arm pinned behind my back.

"What is going on with you?" I hear Cade demand.

"Leave me alone." I beg.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." Cade says releasing my arm.

I take a deep breath. Maybe it was better to let it all out.

"Why did Tanner and Becca have to die? Why didn't I turn? Why didn't I die when the vampire cut me? Why didn't the monkey attack me when it could? Why am I the prophecy?! What does that even mean?!" I demand.

Cade sits down next to me, and inhales a deep breath.

"I wish I had answers. But I don't. We're just going to have to stick together and figure it out." Cade tells me.

"No. Not with you." I snap at him suddenly remembering how he treated me.

"Sam, I'm sorry-." He sincerely apologized.

"No Cade. I'm sorry that I didn't realize sooner how much of an ass you are." I snapped.

"Sam-"

"You don't understand. I have lived my whole life trying to figure out who I am. I lost my parents, I moved here. I only have Hazel. Now some vampire claims I'm a PROPHECY? How do you think I'm supposed to act? What am I supposed to do?" I say getting to my feet.

"I don't know." Cade snaps.

"Yeah, exactly. You're no help-" but my sentence was stopped abruptly by Cade's lips crashing into mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 51 11
After the battle with Adam, Lucifer stayed in the hotel with his daughter. Vox was obsessed with a certain deer demon. During a small visit, the TV g...
1.6K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
45.5K 828 14
Alexander Moon is a new student at what seems to be just another boring high school. That is until he runs into an angel who attacks him. When everyt...
144K 3.3K 43
Alena starts her freshman year at the University of Hellia, a prestigious school for people gifted with supernatural abilities. When a prophecy conne...