Breaking Apart ; Harry Potter...

By Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

In which Harry and Robyn are breaking apart for completely different reasons... {Book Two - SEQUAL TO FINALLY... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
BOOK THREE

Chapter 11

18.7K 595 153
By Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

Harry followed Moody to his classroom.

Once they got into the cold classroom, Moody wasted no time in sitting himself down and taking off his prosthetic leg.

Harry, not really comfortable with looking at Moody as he took off his leg, trailed his eyes over to the strange objects Moody had lying around.

"That's a foal glass. Lets me keep an eye on my enemies. If I can see the whites of their eyes they're standing right behind me." Moody's voice came sudden, making Harry jump and turn back to his Professor.

A trunk, lay by Moody's desk, rattled and Harry's eyes flickered to it briefly, his curiostity growing.

"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's in there. You wouldn't believe it if I did. Now... what are you going to do about your Dragon?"

This caught Harry off guard. He hadn't really thought about the dragon as every time he did his chest got tight with nerves.

He tried to avoid thinking about it as much as possible. But as Moody awaited for an answer, it dawned on Harry that he had no bloody clue what he was going to do.

"Oh... um... You know I just thought I'd..."

"Sit." Moody interjected. Harry sat.

"Listen to me Potter. Your pal Diggory, by your age he could turn a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss Delacour, she's as much a fairy princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust but Karkaroff's is NOT. They'll have a strategy, and you can bet that it'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Potter. What are your strengths?"

Harry's nerves were building by the minute. A hot flush ran over his body and his breathing increased, not enough for him to be gasping for air but enough to make his heart skip a few beats. He was scared.

Harry took a few minutes to reply to Mad-Eye. "Um... I dunno.. I can fly. I mean I'm a fair flyer." Harry shrugged, struggling to think of strengths.

"Better than fair the way I heard it." Moody said.

"But I'm not allowed a broom." Harry said, looking at Moody.

"You're allowed a wand." Moody huffed and Harry grinned, the tightness in his chest loosening up a bit.

>>>

The day for the First Task arrived and to say Harry was nervous was a big understatment.

The tightness in his chest returned and he could hear his heart pumping in his ears, loud like drums and never ending. The sound echoed through his head, giving him a headache. His palms were sweaty and he found himself constantly wiping them on his trousers. He also found himself pacing, a thing he did quite often when he was nervous or scared but it did nothing to calm him down.

"Pssst! Harry? Is that you?" The voice of none other than Hermione Granger whispered urgently outside of the tent wall.

Harry stopped in his tracks and walked closer to the rough material of the dusty brown tent. "Yeah." He answered back, his voice quiet but surprising calm. A regular occurrence when Harry was put in harms way, his voice was always strong and calm, never wavering and never showing how he really felt.

Hermione was quick to reply. "How are you feeling? OK? The key is to concentrate. After that you just have to..."

"Battle a dragon." Harry interjected blankly, the tightness in his chest only getting worse.

Hermione suddenly entered the tent and enclosed Harry in a quick hug. Harry instantly hugged back, his body relaxing.

A figure came after Hermione aswell, her face pale and her hands shaking slightly.

"Robyn?"

Robyn didn't answer but hugged Harry as tightly as she could. Harry melted into the hug and savoured the moments he felt as if he wasn't just about to go and battle a dragon. Harry also noticed Robyn was dealing with this a lot better than she did last year. She had come along way since then and it made Harry smile.

A bright flash forced them to pull away from each other. The two turned around. Rita Skeeter was stood in front of them, a bright smile on her face as she held a camera. Harry's hate for her grew.

"Young love! Ohh how.. stirring. If everything goes unfortunately today you might make the front page." Rita chirped, her blonde curls bouncing. Robyn scowled at her, though a pink tinge painted her cheeks.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Viktor grumbled, his face also showing a scowl.

Rita flicked her short hair over her shoulders but it just bounced back to where it was originally. "No matter. We've got what we wanted." Rita left.

Robyn turned back to Harry. "Look Harry, I haven't got any advice that would necessarily help you but just try your best. I am most certain you already have a plan of some sort, no matter if it's probably crazy. No doubt it is crazy knowing you." Harry smiled at Robyn's words.

Robyn saw Dumbledore enter and her hazel eyes flickered back to Harry's, knowing she had little time before he would get pulled away from her.

"Oh, and one more thing. Good luck, Harry. And be careful." Robyn squeezed Harry in one more hug but it ended in seconds.

Harry felt a lot less nervous now he had seen his two best friends, he just wished Ron was still by his side also.

"Good day champions. Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only four of you can fully appreciate."

The Champions formed a circle around Dumbledore and Barty Crouch. Harry sent a fleeting glance at Hermione and Robyn.

"What are you doing here Miss Thompson, Miss Granger?" Dumbledore asked after noticing two extra bodies in the tent.

Hermione's cheeks heated up. "Oh um.. Sorry we'll just go."

Hermione pulled Robyn away but not before Robyn set her eyes on Dumbledore's amused ones.

"Barty. The bag."

"Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour over here, Mr Krum, and Potter over here. Right." The students re-formed a circle around Barty, the way he wanted.

"Miss Delacour, if you will..."

Crouch held up a small pouch and with a confused look Fleur put her hand in and pulled out a small green dragon.

"The Welsh Green. Mr Krum..."

Viktor did the same as Fleur and put his rather larger hand in the bag and pulled out a small miniature sized red dragon.

"The Chinese Fireball. Oooooh."

Barty turned to Cedric and Harry felt his fear growing again.

Cedric pulled out a blue looking dragon. "The Swedish Short-Snout. Which leaves..."

"The Horntail..." Harry mumbled, his anxiety increasing. According to Hagrid the Horntail was the worst out of the lot. Harry wanted to laugh at the irony of it all. Of course he would get the most dangerous dragon. It had to be him. Life just liked messing with him, making it harder than it already was.

"What's that boy?" Barty asked, hearing Harry mumble.

"Nothing." Harry put his hand in the bag and pulled out a murky kind of brown-green dragon.

"The Hungarian Horntail. These represent very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

Dead silence followed after what Barty said for each were too scared and nervous to say anything.

"Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory the sound of the cannon..." Dumbledore began.

A loud bang interrupted Dumbledore and Cedric was soon ushered out of the tent. The loud cheering and screeching of the dragon could be heard inside the tent, causing Harry to jump.

A bright orange glow would illuminate the tent every few seconds, only increasing Harry's nerves as he knew it was the deadly fire erupting from the dragons mouth.

As Harry paced and chewed on his fingers, he could only think one thing;

It was his turn soon and he was petrified....

(Hi, I will try and upload later on in the week also. Thank you for the continuous support, it means alot. See you soon.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 43 12
Abigail Lupin returns to Hogwarts with her friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Abigail dreams are plagued with events and she can...
930 29 25
and strangers again. mattheo riddle x oc
43.9K 994 16
"god... it's brutal out here." [fred weasley x female! oc] [canon divergent] [goblet of fire - ?] (The Harry Potter series is property of J.K. Rowl...
176K 5.5K 14
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsᴛʀᴇss ᴏғ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐘 ; ᴄʀᴏssᴏᴠᴇʀ copyright | @𝐚𝐯𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢