Life is Liz (LiL, #1)

Por Katharina_Rose

"Really perfection is only just impossibility." ~~~~ Sometimes I'm happ... Más

Part1: The one week agreement
Chapter 1: Breakdowns
Chapter 2: Talks With Your Best Friend
Chapter 3: Awkward Moments, Football And Ryan
Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: After Effects
Chapter 7: Let The Agreement Begin
Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?
Chapter 9: The Pact
Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred
Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions
Chapter 11: Late Night Activities
Chapter 10.5-11: Ryan's POV
Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference
Chapter 13: Story Time
Chapter 14: Helper Syndrom
Chapter 15: Part 1: Cookies, Pizza and Taylor Swift
Chapter 15: Part 2: Guilty As Charged
Chapter 16: The Bus Incident
Chapter 17: Fights
Chapter 18: Speeches
Chapter 19: Phone Calls
Chapter 20: Andromeda
Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Air
Part 2: Revelations
Chapter 24: Practice
Chapter 25: People Are Idiots
Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom
Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?
Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass
Chapter 30: Ant-Man
Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 32: Unfairness
Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth
Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety
Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds
Chapter 35: A step in the right direction
Chapter 36: Run, Forest, run!
Chapter 37: Dinner with the fam
Chapter 38: On the run
Chapter 39: Popcorn, Vanilla and Handsome Snales
Chapter 40: His Lifeline
Please watch
Chapter 41: Liar
Chapter 42: Not A Flicker Of Light
Chapter 43: Thawed Frost
Chapter 44: Forget Me
Chapter 45: Family Reunions
Chapter 46: Not Good For You
Chapter 47: A Piece of History
Chapter 48: Closer
Chapter 49: Meeting Sam
Chapter 50: Bittersweet
Chapter 51: Life is Liz
Chapter 52: Turning Tables
Chapter 53: Self Medication
Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 55: Part 1: First Times
Chapter 55: Part 2: More Firsts
Chapter 56: Food Convos
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry
Chapter 58: Excuses
Chapter 59: Panic
Chapter 60: The Twist In My Story
Chapter 61: Selfish Intentions
Chapter 62: Jersey Jealousy
Chapter 63: Ignorance
Chapter 64: Night After Night
Chapter 65: I Love You Too
Chapter 66: Intricate Thoughts
Chapter 67: Fuck(ed)
The Sequel Is Up

Chapter 26: Grow A Pair

162 12 4
Por Katharina_Rose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody~Robby Novak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the course of the week the notes I had taken of the team started to lose their meaning. I tried to talk to some of the players and make appointments, but they wouldn't listen and only ignored me. I felt rejected every time.

The only positive part of my week was Sam. He got me through it all. We had meet ups on several different occasions throughout the week. I really enjoyed his company. He was easy and nice while everything else was complicated and strange. He made it better, lighter somehow. "Sam, I'd love to meet today, but I think both of us are busy," I said with a smile as I shouldered my way through the crowded hallway.

"I know, but how about we meet after the game?"

"I don't know, it's not a home game so coming back will take some time," I said, pushing through the door to the cafeteria.

"Well either way keep me updated okay?"

I smiled as I approached our lunch table. Yes, I was sitting at our usual table again. And Ryan surprisingly continued to sit with us. "Okay, I'll text you soon." The guys minus Drake and Ryan were already seated when I reached the table.

"Promise?" he asked. His tone of voice sounded too adorable for his own good.

I let out a laugh and sat down. "No promises."

"Hey!" I could just imagine him pout.

"I was just joking, of course I promise," I said with a smile.

My friends shot me curious looks. "Who's that?"

I held up my finger telling them to wait. "Oh, honey you better will text me otherwise I'll spam your inbox."

I chuckled. "Oh no, I'm so scared."

Tony leaned over to listen in on our conversation. I glared at him before moving away. "Who is that? Is it Jo? Hey, Jo!" he yelled, trying to come close again. I pressed my palm against his chest preventing him to come any nearer.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked into the phone.

"Who was that?"

"Er, just one of my loony friends," I explained, playfully.

"Hey! Take that back!" Tony shrieked and reached for my phone. When I moved my arm away he grabbed my wrist and forced it to his mouth. "I'm not a loon, Lizzy here is just being mean!"

I pushed him away and pressed my phone to my ear again. "Right. Okay, he's not a loon, but he is nosy as fuck."

Sam on the other end laughed. "Okay, well I should probably leave you to eat lunch."

"Yeah, okay."

"Okay, bye. And text me!"

"Yes, I'll text you. Bye." I hung up, still smiling.

I realized that it was silent and looked up just to be greeted with curious and also smug looks from my friends. I sighed. "What?"

"Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham would you like to tell us something?" Jack asked with a smile, arms crossed over his chest.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No?" I trailed off, for some reason unsure.

"So, who were you talking to?" Liam asked.

"Oh, er, to nobody," I said and dug through my bag to find my lunch.

All of them raised their eyebrows, not believing any word coming out of my mouth. "Okay, it was a friend."

"A friend?" Jere asked expectantly.

"Yeah."

"And do we know that friend?" Tony asked.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Well, what's her name?" Liam asked.

"Sam." Yes, I didn't correct him, but can you blame me? They would want to meet him.

"Liz," Logan warned. "What was that about keeping things from us?" Shit, I forgot that he knew. I had told him about Sam.

I sighed. "Okay, Sam is not a girl."

Tony punched the table with new found enthusiasm. "I knew it. I knew you were interested in someone."

"Guys, before you say anymore, we are just friends, okay? There is nothing going on between the two of us."

"Yet," Jack not so subtly whispered to Tony. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm happy for you." Jere started. "It was about damn time you got a boyfriend."

"Again, he is not my boyfriend, okay? We only met a few times, I barely know him."

"Yet," Jack repeated in that annoying shout-whisper of his to Tony. I rolled my eyes once more.

"So when's your next date?" Liam asked.

"He wants to meet today after the game, but by the time I get back home I will be half asleep." I explained. "And it's not a date," I added before they had a chance to speak.

Liam rolled his eyes. "Come on, Lizzy, it won't be that late when we get back."

I shrugged. "Maybe not, but I will be exhausted either way." My friends didn't know how much power the last weeks had drained me of. And if I told them they would certainly don't understand and take it as a joke. "And what if he has something planned that I don't like or that would exhaust me even more."

Suddenly Liam narrowed his eyes, determination changing his features. "No means no. If he forces you to do something you don't want to, give us a call."

I looked at him bewildered before a blush crept up my neck and I buried my face in my hands. "I know you mean well, but Sam is not that type of guy. He is sweet and understanding and nice," I fumbled the air for words to make them understand. "And I'm not that kind of girl," I said with a frown after I realized that he practically thought I was sleeping with him. I felt deeply offended.

"So how long have you known him?" Jere asked.

I shrugged. "Not long, a few weeks."

"And how did you meet?" Tony asked.

"What is this an interrogation?"

"We just want to be prepared when we meet him."

"What?!" I shrieked. "No. You won't meet him anywhere in the near future."

"But you do know that you can't hide him from us forever, right?" Jack asked.

"Not forever just for now," I explained. Just a little longer.

"Come on." Tony bumped his foot with mine. "Tell us how you met."

I sighed briefly before diving into the story. "It was at one of your games-"

"Our games," Tony corrected. "Don't forget that you are a part of us now."

I gave him a swift smile before continuing. "I was watching you from the bleachers like I always had when he walked up to me. He kept me company throughout the game and lent me his jacket when he noticed I was cold. So we got into talking rather easily." They nodded. "Oh and before I forget," I turned to Logan. "He's a big fan of you."

"Wha- Me? Really? He doesn't know me."

"But he has heard of you, Mr. Williams and you are practically his role model."

He looked at me, stunned. I placed my hand over his across the table, smiling. "Your dad would be proud of you." I saw the gratitude that showed in his eyes the moment I said those words. I knew how much and how deeply he missed his dad.

Liam cleared his throat, uncomfortable by the depths the conversation went to. "Er, so, he plays?"

I pulled away from Logan and settled back into my chair. "Yes, he is a running back."

"Wait, where does he go to school?" Jere asked.

"A town over though I don't know which one."

A grin spread over Tony's face. "You do know that we'll probably play against his team some time, right?"

Oh shit.

\\\\\

"Fucking shit!" Ryan yanked his helmet off and threw it with all his might to the ground as he walked away.

I sighed with my head in my hands. We'll lose if we keep going like this, I thought as the coach called me over after half time was announced. I passed one of the boys and handed him a bottle of water as I trudged to the coach. Today was worse than last week. And I had no idea how that was even possible. Because we had sucked big time last week, but tonight our chances seemed even slimmer than last Friday. "Sir?"

"Follow me," he demanded, his own anger and frustration lacing his words. I didn't blame him instead I only did what I was told. The whole team was already gathered in the locker room when we entered. Anger radiated off of them and wandered through the room, settling like a thick blanket onto my shoulders. The team was a mess. They were yelling at each other, throwing one insult after another, provoking to throw punches.

"Oh no," I muttered.

"Alright. Everyone shut up!" The coach's words silenced them. He looked around for a second, frowning. "Where the hell is Johnson?!"

"I think he went back outside." Someone answered him.

"Then someone should go find him! Don!"

"Yes, coach." He was about to go when I intervened.

"It's okay. Let me," I said to the coach.

"You sure? He is angry and when Ryan is angry you don't want to deal with him."

"I got it," I promised. "Just start talking some sense into them." And with that I left.

It didn't take me long to find him. He was cursing while he paced back and forth along the wall, occasionally throwing punches. I slowly stepped closer to him. He was pissed beyond repair and I could only hope for strength to calm him down. "Ryan?" I said softly. He didn't seem to hear me. "Ryan!" I called out again. He looked my way and stopped pacing for a second. "You need to calm down, okay? We still have time to win." He snorted. "We both know it will be hard, but-"

"Hard," he snorted. "God, Bee," he stepped close to me. So close his breath was fanning my cheek. "We both know we will lose if they don't get their shit together!"

"Then be a good team captain and help them. Yell at them, punch them, I don't know, do what you think will get their right minds back," I offered. He ran a hand through his hair. "The coach is trying to get them back on track, but you might be able to reach them faster. You know how they feel, because you are one of them."

He traced his lower lip with his thumb and index finger, thinking. Suddenly his head jerked up and he was looking into my eyes again. His breathing was evening out and the fire in his eyes had dimmed down to some extend. "You have to talk to them too."

"I-Me?" I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Yes." He nodded, his tone stern. "You said that I'm one of them, well you are one of us too. And you might be able to reach them with the right words just like last time." I didn't answer him, didn't move, didn't blink, I was frozen in place. "Bee, they need you."

"They hate me." And just by saying this I felt the tears before they even reached my eyes.

"Bee," he started, taking both my hands into his. "They don't hate you, okay? If you help them now they will see that you are a necessity to this team. We need you. They need you. I need you."

My mouth was dry all of a sudden and my heart started beating furiously in my chest as fear spread through my body. "Okay," I whispered.

"And you have to be rough with them."

"Rough?"

"Yeah, you know, be pissed, be angry, but overall be yourself. It will work, okay? I promise." He must have seen the fear in my eyes or body language, because he cupped the sides of my face with both of his strong hands, his eyes staring straight into mine. Something about his gesture calmed me the slightest bit, I felt saver somehow. I gulped. And after a second nodded.

"Okay." He grabbed my hand and we headed back inside. By the time we joined them fear was making me feel sick to my stomach.

The coach gave me a respective nod when he saw Ryan somewhat collected. I couldn't do much more than shoot him the ghost of a smile. Edwards' words blurred past me. I was too much on edge to listen closely, knowing soon I had to give something that should resemble a pep talk in the most feisty way possible.

When he finished his speech Ryan informed me with a move of his head that I should join him. So, taking a deep breath, I did. "I have no idea what's wrong with you all tonight! But I need you to focus!" He briefly glanced over his shoulder at me.

"Liz tried to make you understand before that we need to start working together. Otherwise we will lose! Okay?! So she can actually be of good use for this team! So if you idiots could grow up she could actually do her damn job!" Ryan was losing it again and I placed my hand on his biceps, intervening and in doing so giving him a break to compose himself. He nodded my way in understanding and gratitude before looking at me just as the rest of them gathered around us.

I gulped and suddenly I was standing on a bench again so everyone could see me.

You can do this, you can do this, I chanted in my head, trying to force some reassurance into my fear filled body.

"Okay, boys. Let me get this straight. I know that you hate me and I get it. I'm a girl and I'm a stranger, invading everything you know. And maybe you are even scared that in my being here I could change everything and flip your whole world upside down. But I don't want that. The only thing I want to do is help." I looked at Ryan, asking him a silent question.

Good enough?

He nodded, but gave me a firm look and raised his eyebrow.

Yes, but be angry.

I looked around and stared into stony features. "I'm not saying all this to hurt your ego or anything. I'm only saying this, because I'm so pissed that I want to strangle most of you!" That got their attention.

"Seriously? I mean how can all of you be so egotistical and decline my help just because you don't like me or because I'm a girl or because hell I don't know maybe you don't want me to see you 'strong men' all vulnerable. I mean come on, you are worse than girls. In declining my offer you are destroying each other. You need help to build your relationship as a team.

"And I know that it's hard, yes, to admit that you need help. But you will realize once you say it out loud once you get to the point in your life that you admit to yourself that you need help-doesn't matter in which way- that this clarification is one of your hardships in life and that you had the strength to admit that you have a problem-"

"Who do you think you are, telling us what to do?!" one of Jensen's buddies piped up, head held high, not about to back down.

I rolled my eyes. What is it with men and their pride, I thought. "Calm down, big boy. I'm not telling you what to do I'm only here, doing my job, advising you." Pink shaded his cheeks and he averted his eyes. "But the problem is you are blinded. Blinded by pride and yourself. I get it you don't want my help. The message was loud and clear. But you know what, I don't fucking care! I'm not giving up. You can't get rid of me! So, if you could just grow a pair and get over the fact that I'm going to help all of you then we can finally start working together. And start making this team one unit. Clear?"

Most of them murmured their answer.

"Am! I! Clear?!"

"Yes!"

"Good." A weight was lifted off my chest. "And now let's start talking business." I clapped. "I know that it's hard for you to work together at the moment. But whatever you feel right now towards your teammates. Anger, hurt, sadness, jealousy anything really," I looked around the room. "You have to project those feelings onto the other team, okay? So, just try to pretend that your emotions aren't directed to the person on the team, but on the other team, okay? They are your enemy, they are the bad guys, they did something wrong, they made you feel the way you do, not a person of your unit."

I took a brief, but stern look around before saying. "That's all."

I hopped down from the bench and headed back outside, leaving them to the coach's advise. That was everything I could give them at the moment. Projecting their feelings onto the others was their best chance to win. Now, I could only wait and see if they'd actually do what I advised them was right. And god I hope they listened.

\\\\\

"So, how did it go?"

"It was close like really close, but we still managed to win." I shot Sam a smile.

"Nice."

"Yeah, so what about you?" I asked before taking a sip of my coke. He grinned at me. "Okay, I'll take that," I said, gesturing at his smiling face. "as a 'nailed it'."

"Oh you know, luck was on our side." He shrugged, but couldn't suppress his grin.

I laughed. "Come on, you can be proud of yourself. Your skills are obviously great."

He frowned at that. "I wouldn't say great, they are okay I guess."

"Well, I haven't seen you play yet, so I can't really tell, but I'm pretty sure that you have skills, mister." I touched his lower arm for a quick, playful slap. He smiled at me. "I mean, just the way you opened that bottle for me on Sunday, I literally felt your skills in that movement alone," I joked.

He laughed and threw an arm around me, pressing me closer to him. "I'm pretty sure you would make me laugh right now even if we didn't win," he informed me and squeezed me closer. My heart was racing in my chest at our close proximity and maybe also because he was side hugging me in a public space. I never thought PDA was exactly my thing. "You really are a wonderful person, Liz."

I managed to smile up at him, my heart picking up speed at his words. "Thanks, I try."

A moment passed and then another and we stayed like that, bodies pressing together and staring at each other. And suddenly his face seemed closer than before and he reached out and tucked my hair behind my ear and my heart fluttered. "You look really pretty today."

My cheeks grew hot at his compliment, but I had to smile nonetheless. My outfit wasn't anything special tonight. I settled on a pair of black, ripped, skinny jeans and a maroon sweater with two white stripes on each sleeve, topping it all off with my black combat boots.

"Thanks."

He was caressing my cheek, looking down at me, smiling. "You're very welcome."

I didn't want to end the moment, I didn't want the moment to end in general, but then he came even closer and I panicked. I cleared my throat and turned back to the forgotten drinks on our table. "So, how's Simon?"

Oh Lord, had he just been about to kiss me?!

"Good, still a genius," he replied, unfazed by my action, his arm still wrapped around me.

"That's good."

I thought we were just friends. But... was he looking for more? Because I couldn't give him more.

Pushing the panic and fear down I turned back to face him. "Tell me about your game?"

Instantly a smile settled onto his face and he dived into a story. The intimate moment from before forgotten. "I really wish you could come some time and check us out."

"Don't have such high expectations of me. I'm just on the team for the mental stuff. I don't actually know that much about football. It shouldn't matter to you what I think about your team or your skills, I-"

He grabbed my hand and I stopped. "But it does. It does matter to me what you think. Because how could it possibly not?" His words did something crazy to me. Something that I loved and hated at the same time. "Maybe you'll manage to come and watch some day."

"Maybe," I said, but I could never break tradition. I couldn't. And I wouldn't. Ever.

Because although they never said anything I knew that my friends needed me, needed the mental support. And I knew that Sam became my friend, that he was my friend too, but... I had known the guys for years and years and they were my family. They needed me and I needed them. I could never just abandon them, because I found a new friend. They weren't replaceable, not even for someone like Sam.

"So, how's your job going?"

I smiled. "Better. I think they actually consider accepting my help now." Tonight had given me hope. I felt like I finally reached them. It seemed like Ryan had been right in a way, being pissed at them, showing my real emotions toward them, helped a lot. But we'd really only see for sure on Monday, if it had worked or not. I couldn't allow myself to get my hopes up too high.

"Well, they would be idiots if they couldn't see how great you are, how much they really need you." My thoughts were thrown back to something Ryan said to me once. Whoever did this to you doesn't know how great you are. "It'd be their loss." I shook my head to get rid of the thought of last week and concentrated on the here and now, on Sam.

"Yeah," I agreed quietly. My eyes grew heavy and drooped a little as I looked at the clock on the wall of the 24 hour diner. It was around 12 pm and I was exhausted as all hell. I rubbed at my eyes, suppressing a yawn.

We grew silent after talking an hour straight, no topic left to talk about. Slowly, I let my head rest on his shoulder, his arm securely wrapped around me and just relaxed which seemed to be the first time I did so this week. The silence wasn't at all awkward, no, it felt normal to be in this situation as if we'd done this a million times before, sitting in a booth in a diner and talk until we are too tired to go on and indulge in silence. It was a welcome change from all the stress I had endured the last weeks.

Here I was comfortable. Here we were in our own bubble of silence. Here we were away from everything that mattered. Because everything that mattered right now were the two of us.

\\\\\

"Wow," I breathed as we came to a halt in front of a freaking mansion.

"Holy Lord." Dad seemed as astonished as I was.

"Dad, are you sure this is the right adress?" I eyed the house carefully, but in awe nevertheless.

It was a white, three story building with a grey roof and beige accents. The front door together with the rest of the house was the double-maybe more-of ours. The house looked majestic and at the same time homey, the green areas surrounding it putting elegance and beauty to it that made the house stand out.

"Pumpkin, could it be that the Johnson's are rich?"

Ryan never mentioned what kind of job his mom had, but by the looks of it she had to work at a high rank. "I knew that they have money, but..." I trailed off. Never would I have guessed they lived in a beautiful mansion.

The Evans' house wasn't small either, but in comparison to this it seemed to shrink all of a sudden. And our house in comparison seemed like a sardine can. "Woah, is that a BMW?" And indeed there was a black convertible BMW parked in the driveway.

"Okay, dad, I think I should get going."

"Okay, sweetie," he said before kissing my cheek. "Give me a call when you need me to chauffeur you back home."

I smiled at him. Dad always tried to be funny. Key word here was tried. "Will do. Bye!" I grabbed my stuff and exited the car.

"Oh and tell Ryan I said hello!" he called after me.

I rolled my eyes. Always the fangirl. "Okay, dad. Bye!" I waved him goodbye as he left.

Then I turned to the house standing proudly in front of me. I gulped as I slowly approached it, intimidated to the bone. And suddenly I got nervous, fear shooting through my veins. Would I meet his family? What if his mom wouldn't like me? One hundred questions were shooting through my brain as I pressed the doorbell next to the big front door made of cherry wood.

But I wasn't greeted by his mom or Ryan himself instead a familiar brunette opened the door. She smiled upon seeing me. Where had I seen her before? "Hey, Liz, right?" So, she knew me too. But I had trouble putting a name to the face.

I fumbled with the strap of my bag. "Er, yeah."

She pointed at her chest. "Sophie. We met last week."

And it made click in my head. "Oh, Sophie, right." I suppressed the urge to face palm myself. "I'm so sorry, I forgot your name for a sec," I admitted.

She laughed. "No worries. If Ryan wouldn't talk about you 24/7 I probably wouldn't remember your name either. But hey, you're here to see him, right?"

I nodded absentmindedly. Ryan had talked to Sophie about me?

Wait.

Why was she here in the first place?

Were Ryan and Sophie...? Did they..?

"Ryan!" she called out. And it was just then that I realized what she was wearing. One of Ryan's t-shirts!

Something close to rejection crossed my heart, but it felt different. An emotion I never felt before overcame me so fiercely that I stumbled back.

"I'm making coffee. Do you want some?" Coffee? Then I realized that they probably stayed out late last night partying and that I most likely just woke them up.

But Ryan and I had agreed to meet at half past twelve and here I was talking to his... whatever she was to him. "Er, sure, coffee sounds grea-"

"What is it, Soph? I didn't get much sleep last night because of you." came Ryan's voice, sounding closer with every word. It seemed to me that he was walking down the stairs out of sight. "The least you could do is give me time to rest-" he stopped upon seeing me.

Sophie took that moment to leave and Ryan replaced her, standing in front of me. "Bee," he breathed. He seemed surprised to see me.

My breath got caught in my throat as my eyes took in his bare chest. Oh, right, Sophie was wearing his shirt.

"H-hey," I mumbled, my gaze fixed on his now. I had to force my eyes to stay away from his boxers clothed body.

Sophie decided to come back then and handed Ryan a mug filled with what I assumed was coffee.

She kissed his cheek before beaming at him. "Last night was awesome, I really needed that. Thanks again, you are the best."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

So, I'm curious. What happened between Sophie and Ryan? What's your guess?

Also, how did you think Liz handled the football situation with the team? Was Ryan's advise to be nasty to the them actually helpful?

And how did you like the scene with Sam? And the reaction of her friends? Had you expected them to act the way they did?

Please vote/comment?

Hugs and kisses

Kathy

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

13.9K 378 15
In the solitude of unrequited love, I have danced alone, weaving dreams that were doomed from the start. Each step I took towards you was like naviga...
41K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
149K 5.2K 28
I despise socializing with a passion. It's a fact: I'm terrible at it. Like the useless person I am with everything else except for academics. It m...
8.3K 288 44
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...