Story Of Us

By Ayeshaafarooqui

Turning to the pages of life, they left the most important one, unread. Often the childhood friendships turn... More

Story Of Us
Chapter 1 : The Beginning
Chapter 2 : Unspoken words
Chapter 3 : Memories
Chapter 4 : Some Goodbyes Are The Beginnings
Chapter 5 : The Confused Little Heart
Chapter 6 : Was He Jealous?
Chapter 7 : And This Heart Isn't Strong
Chapter 8 : Embarrassment Loves To Embarrass Me
Chapter 9 : An Evening Dedicated To Embarrassments
Chapter 10 : Losing Someone Who Was Never Mine.
Chapter 11: Shattered Hopes And Broken Dreams
Chapter 12 : All Was Same, Just Not Him
Chapter 13 : Tête-à-tête with 'him'
Chapter 14 : Kids of today are kids no more!
Chapter 15 : The Unexpected
Chapter 16 : And I Was Lost No More
Author's note (IMPORTANT)
Chapter 17 : It Felt Like Déjà Vu
NEW STORY ❤
Chapter 18 : 'Cause He Is Always By My Side
Chapter 19 : Love is blind, friendship closes its eyes.
Chapter 20 : The Feelings Of An Isolated Soul
Chapter 21 : The Blushing Bride-To-Be
Chapter 22 : Naughty Butterflies, Weird Tinglings and Counting Days
Chapter 23 : Henna Night And Two Days To Go For Zaaran.
Chapter 24 : Last Day Of Being Single
Chapter 25 : Mrs. Zaara Arhaan
Chapter 26 : And He's All Mine
Chapter 27 : A Forlorn Hope
Author's Note
Chapter 28 : Tired Of Trying Not To Be
Chapter 29 : Author, YouTuber Or The Other Back Up Plan.
Chapter 30 : And He Is Goals, My Goals.
Chapter 32 : And He Left Me All Alone
Chapter 33 : The Honeymoon In Spain
Chapter 34 : The Unasked Answer
Chapter 35 : To Delay Is To Lose
Chapter 36 : Life Is No Less Than A Game
Chapter 37. All Ends Are Beginnings

Chapter 31 : 'Cause What's Mine, Will Find Me

2.9K 176 102
By Ayeshaafarooqui

" Between dreams and wishes, nothing happens, except what Allah has decreed "

Chapter 31 :

'Cause What's Mine, Will Find Me.

Aiza's POV

"Yes, you are coming with us and that's final." Zaara semi yelled.

"No Zaara, try to understand."

"But why not?"

"Stop pretending as if you don't know."

"Fine so all the best, stay all alone at your home with the strange and all the ghostly voices."

"I'm not a kid Zaara." I laughed at the silly excuses she tried to make.

" But you are acting as one. I mean C'mon you are ready to stay all alone and miss the fun we all will have just because of him. Is Hamza that scary?"

" Ya Allah Zaara stop. And no I won't be alone, I have my novels with me and I can peacefully read them." I pretended to be excited.

" Why are you so stubborn? You aren't going all alone with Him, all of us will be there."

"I know but.."

" No ifs and buts, you are coming with us and that's final."

"Did I ever tell you how much I hate you?"

"Oh I love you too." She chuckled and I hung up the call.

I love these small family trips but how do I make everyone understand why am I trying to avoid going. Though it's gonna be a small trip to Hamza's farmhouse that is in the city's outskirts but not so small a trip for me, because to pass every single minute would be no less than a burden for me and I do get uncomfortable in his presence and act act all clumsy which I don't want.

It's hard to act all normal when your mind is going through a rush of innumerable untamable emotions and you can't help but feel weak.

For everyone it may sound that I'm taking it too far already or some might name it a mere drama but to gather all those scattered pieces of the fading hope back at their place and fix them to look anew is not possible. And it's even harder when from within you are broken but then to think of it, you aren't.

The pain you have is given to you by your own false hopes and not by the one you had your hopes from and that is the most painful feeling ever.

As mum and dad were almost ready, I hurried up and quickly got ready to leave, though it was the least that I wanted.

" Aizaaaaaa, what were you doing for so long? Not even ready yet?" Mum said as she entered inside my room.

" I'm almost done." I sheepishly gave her a childlike innocent toothy grin as I put my earphones and my present favourite novel 'The Flight Of The Pigeons' by Ruskin Bond in my handbag.

" And I'm done." I quickly got out of the room leaving mum behind and reached the main door. " Mum, Dad I'm waiting for you both since so long, come fast or we'll be late." I stick out my tongue at them.

" This girl will never grow up." Dad laughed as he caressed my hair.

And these are my favourite moments. I often deliberately act like a child just to bring a smile on my parents' faces. And it's the world for me.

As we left, I sat behind the passenger seat and put my earphones on with a soft music on a low volume and opened my novel to read where I left it from, travelling goals, I excitedly thought to myself.

It was a two hour long journey to the farmhouse. All of us were to meet at a pre decided spot on the way.

It's been a long time since me and Zaara didn't meet and I was excited to see her after long and not to forget I had to tease her as she was leaving for Spain the coming week.

After a good fifteen minutes journey, we reached the pre decided destination and no one other than us had come yet and we were early yet again.

Just after a minute or two after we reached, Hamza and his family reached too. Our families got off the car to meet and greet and ofcourse I had to as well however I so did not want to.

I so wanted Zaara to come as soon as possible so that our journey starts because it was real awkward for me to constantly look everywhere and anywhere just not at his direction and to say that presently I do not regret coming would be such an understatement. I so wish I hadn't come Urrrgggghhh it's all 'cause of that crazy cousin of mine.

" Congratulations Aiz." As I was talking to Sadia aunty, Hamza came forward and smiled.

" Umm for what? " I was confused as always or to be precise as always when he's around.

" You just got your results out if you remember. " Hamza chuckled.

"Oh yes, how can I forget. Umm thank you." I sheepishly smiled as I realized how dumb I am. Why Aiza why?

To avoid talking to him more, I busied myself on the phone and as I dialled Zaara's number, she was here with her family.

Thank God Zaara! You saved me from falling into my self made trap yet again.

"OH MY GOD Aiza!! What did I just see? You were having all gala talks with him huh?" As I was busy thanking Zaara in my mind for arriving at the perfect moment, there she met me with all these whisperings and teasings. This girl is so not helping.

" He just congratulated me and that's it." I whispered with a blank face and she laughed.

" Whose is this?" As I looked to my left after hearing an unfamiliar male voice, I saw a guy picking up my novel from the ground which I had dropped unknowingly.

" It's mine." I awkwardly replied.

" Here." He handed it over to me with a kind smile.

" Thank you."

" Pleasure." He walked upto Asma bhabhi and I wondered who he was because I had never seen him before.

" Who's he?" Hamza asked Zaara.

" He is Asma bhabhi 's brother, Hasan. He came yesterday from Australia." Zaara casually replied.

As all the familes had gathered by now, we all decided to continue the journey. All the youngsters decided to go in separate cars.

" Aiza appi come with us." Areeba called me as she sat in Hamza's car with Ali and Asma bhabhi joined her.

" Yes, Aiza go there." Zaara teased as she wanted me to sit in Hamza's car.

"So now no one has place for me." I dramatically said to Zaara.

" Well your place is there, not here." Zaara winked.

" I don't know anything, I'm coming with you." I said as I opened the back door of Arhaan's car and sat inside while Zaara sat from the other side.

" Why are you sitting here? Your place is in front."

" Well I'm sure you wouldn't want to share the place with Hasan bhai." Zaara winked.

Our journey started as Hasan and Arhaan joined us.

" I feel so sorry for you Aiza." Arhaan spoke in a low tone.

" Sorry? Why?"

" I mean Zaara scored so well and she told me you couldn't pass your graduation." Arhaan spoke in an 'oh so serious' tone.

" Don't be sorry, soon your wife will be all jealous of me when I'll become a very famous author." I chuckled.

" But focus on the other plan." Arhaan teased while Zaara laughed.

" You told him about our conversation?" I asked Zaara as I gave her a blank look while Zaara dramatically raised her hands in the air.

" So which plan do you prefer better?" Arhaan asked he looked back for a second.

" Ofcourse the first one, second one doesn't have a place in the near future."

" Well, you don't know what's waiting for you the next door." Zaara gave an evil smile.

" Whatever, you guys are so boring. Let me just read my novel peacefully." I huffed.

" Hasan bhai, keep it with you, do not give it back to her." As I opened it, Zaara snatched it from me and passed it to Hasan .

" Umm. Can I get it back?" I asked awkwardly.

" No, do not give it back." Zaara spoke excitedly.

" Well well, it's mine anyways. Please may I have it." I asked again acting all respectful but all in vain.

Though it was very funny on that guy's part. He was so confused with what do to. He'd look at Zaara then again at me holding the book.

" You know what, you guys continue. I'll read it." Hasan said and everyone laughed while I sighed in defeat.

So as my book was no more with me, and my phone's battery was about to die, I helplessly had to listen to the newly wed love birds' annoying teasings.

Had it been only the both of them, it wouldn't be a problem but infront of this stranger guy, it was real awkward when they continuously targeted the poor me.

Time flew by fast and it was evening already when we reached our destination.

" Here, take it." As we got off the car, Hasan smiled as he handed over the book to me.

" Ah finally thank you." I laughed.

" You have a nice choice I'd say." He smiled.

" So do you like reading too?"

" Oh yes I do, but after having started working, I rarely get time to read." He smiled and I nodded in response and gave a small smile.

" Aiza appi, you betrayed us." Areeba dramatically wiped her fake tears as she interrupted our conversation.

" What did I do now?" I said as we walked ahead.

" She doesn't like my.. our company anymore." Hamza said to Areeba looking at me in a very serious tone as he walked past by us and I could sense he's irritated but I wonder why.

Ignoring what he said, we went inside. All the elders got busy with themselves and all of the youngsters sat together.

Everyone around was talking but after what Hamza said I can't concentrate, I'm just clueless. Our gaze met for a second and he immediately looked away, for sure I could sense something wrong. So instead of talking to everyone, I opened my book and pretended to read while some of the unwanted thoughts were racing in my mind.
What did he mean?

" And this time, I won't let anyone, not even Hasan bhai to give it back to you." Zaara once again snatched it from me.

" No worries, 'cause what's mine will find me."

****

Assalam alaikum

How do you like the new guy anyways? :P

And any guesses what will happen in the coming chapters??

Do vote and comment!!!

Love
Ayesha & Zainab!!!♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 2.6K 82
We think that everything is in our hands and especially our present and future which we carefully plan it all together to make it perfect and easier...
136K 6.3K 52
"I've always heard addiction is something that adapts you , it's like a cage that traps you in , you have no way out once you get in , no matter how...
41.7K 1.3K 19
Swaragini's Destiny....... This is the story of Swara and Ragini........ How the destiny plays vital role in these two girl's life? How they fall in...