Story Of Us

Galing kay Ayeshaafarooqui

Turning to the pages of life, they left the most important one, unread. Often the childhood friendships turn... Higit pa

Story Of Us
Chapter 1 : The Beginning
Chapter 2 : Unspoken words
Chapter 3 : Memories
Chapter 4 : Some Goodbyes Are The Beginnings
Chapter 5 : The Confused Little Heart
Chapter 6 : Was He Jealous?
Chapter 7 : And This Heart Isn't Strong
Chapter 8 : Embarrassment Loves To Embarrass Me
Chapter 9 : An Evening Dedicated To Embarrassments
Chapter 10 : Losing Someone Who Was Never Mine.
Chapter 11: Shattered Hopes And Broken Dreams
Chapter 12 : All Was Same, Just Not Him
Chapter 13 : Tête-à-tête with 'him'
Chapter 14 : Kids of today are kids no more!
Chapter 15 : The Unexpected
Chapter 16 : And I Was Lost No More
Author's note (IMPORTANT)
Chapter 17 : It Felt Like Déjà Vu
NEW STORY ❤
Chapter 18 : 'Cause He Is Always By My Side
Chapter 19 : Love is blind, friendship closes its eyes.
Chapter 20 : The Feelings Of An Isolated Soul
Chapter 21 : The Blushing Bride-To-Be
Chapter 22 : Naughty Butterflies, Weird Tinglings and Counting Days
Chapter 23 : Henna Night And Two Days To Go For Zaaran.
Chapter 24 : Last Day Of Being Single
Chapter 25 : Mrs. Zaara Arhaan
Chapter 26 : And He's All Mine
Chapter 27 : A Forlorn Hope
Author's Note
Chapter 29 : Author, YouTuber Or The Other Back Up Plan.
Chapter 30 : And He Is Goals, My Goals.
Chapter 31 : 'Cause What's Mine, Will Find Me
Chapter 32 : And He Left Me All Alone
Chapter 33 : The Honeymoon In Spain
Chapter 34 : The Unasked Answer
Chapter 35 : To Delay Is To Lose
Chapter 36 : Life Is No Less Than A Game
Chapter 37. All Ends Are Beginnings

Chapter 28 : Tired Of Trying Not To Be

1.5K 133 95
Galing kay Ayeshaafarooqui

  " Between you are mine
to how I wish you were mine,
I learnt to let go of the heaviest burdens and smile."

Chapter 28 :   

Tired Of Trying Not To Be

Aiza's POV

          Trying to keep a secret from Zaara is like asking the sun to rise at night. It was a real task to plan the bachelloreate party for her. While everyone tried their best to hide things from her, she, on the other hand always sensed something wrong and tried to know what's happening behind her back. The girl is best at using her emotional blackmail tactics but this time she failed because all of us succeeded in arranging the party without letting her know.

But our efforts had a beautiful result when Zaaru was finally given the surprise. Everything alhumdulilah had happened so beautifully, all the arrangements, be it the decorations or the cake, all was perfectly done. 

Zaara was extremely delightful and seeing her happy was like a treat for all of us.

The wedding day was super busy and went in a blur. Every step, from her saying I do thrice to signing the nikah papers, showed how her life is slowly changing and alhumdulilah for the better.

Time flew by so fast after the nikah was done. Dressing the bride up is so much fun and I was supposed to see if everything was proper or not. It was hard to stop her from crying because if she did, all the eye makeup would get ruined. I had to explain her that she will look like a ghost dressed as a bride if she cried. I didn't know it would be such a tough thing to look if everything was done right.

We reached the wedding venue and though I was ordered to sit next to Zaara on the stage because it doesn't look nice if the bride sits alone but being the super shy girl that I am, I just looked for a way to get off the stage after sitting for not more than five mintues and when my friend Hana called me, I came down immeditalely.

She had come to the wedding but was not comfortable coming inside all alone because the entrance was common for the men's and the women's section, so she waited for me in her car and wanted to come inside along with me .

I stood where the entrance was parted for the women's section and looked outside but that girl didn't even come yet and had called me earlier so that she doesn't have to wait for me when she comes and it was real tough to walk and stand there in a four inch high heel.

" Have you come yet, I'm standing here for the past five minutes?"  As I stood at the entrance, I called Hana and looked outside.

" Oh yes, just wait, I've almost reached."

" Almost?" I wanted to cry. 

" I'm just getting off my car, just a minute."

Hana came but didn't see me and stood at the common entrance waiting for me and on the other hand I called her but her phone as always was on silent and she didn't answer.

" I waved at her direction so she could notice me but she looked everywhere but me and I for sure must have looked so funny waving like an idiot.

I didn't want to go there, firstly because it was the common entrance and I get uncomfortable and secondly because I was having a hard time in my heels though this condition of mine was much predicted beforehand but it's just an all girls thing after all.

So finally after much efforts when she saw me, I eyed her to come towards me unknowing of the fact that other than her, someone else was there too and the super intelligent person assumed that I am talking to him.

" You called me?" While Hana was coming to me, Mr Hamza came to me.

" When did I call you?" I asked in more of an ' Are-you-okay' tone.

" You did. You waved and I don't know, I thought you called me." He suprisingly replied.

" No I ... wait. Oh Allah, I called Hana, not you Hamza and look there she comes." I laughed and he looked embarrassed.

" Hi." Hana came and she was dumbstruck. Looking at me, talking to a guy was a real big deal for her and all my friends. 

" Hey. Umm Hana, he is Hamza, and Hamza, she is my friend Hana." I introduced.

" The same Hana instead of calling whom you dialled my number? " Hamza laughed as he remembered the incident.

" Oh it's so nice to meet you Hamza.  I've heard so much about you from her." Hana dropped the bomb on my face. Like what?  

   Hana, don't you know you're not supposed to tell him this? Hide me somewhere. 

And the more embarrassing part was when I eyed Hana to stop talking and Hamza saw that. How I wish I could vanish right now.

" So you discuss me with your friends I see?" Hamza teased me.

" Oh no never. Just when I called you instead of her, only then and rest I never did." I clarified awkwardly and Hana laughed.

" Chill Aiz.  Even if you do, nothing to worry about. Don't panic. " Hamza teased me. These people were having the time of their lives.

" Umm.  No it's not like that." I replied all embarrassed. "Hana, how about we go inside?" I literally wanted to drag her inside.

" Fine but I fear my life now." Hana stick her tongue out at me and ignored all my deathly glares.

Without Hamza could reply anything, I held Hana's hand and turned back to leave.

" What did you just do Hana? " I gritted under my teeth. I must be all red in embarrassment.

" So I was just making things easy for you." She laughed. 

" Not funny at all. You just embarrassed me so much." I narrowed my eyes at her.

" Forget everything, it was so good to know you are 'Aiz' to him." She giggled.

" It's nothing special, he calls me this since we were kids." My cheeks had heated up completely.   " Leave him, walk fast, you wouldn't want to miss how beautiful Zaara is looking." I immeditalely changed the topic because she would never want it to end.

We reached inside and Hana went directly towards Zaara who was sitting on the stage with her gaze fixed on the ground, I so pitied her condition.

I was excited for the ritual of   'Stealing the groom's shoes' and I guess this is the favourite ritual of all the youngsters in the desi weddings. So after Arhaan came inside, though it was super cute to see Zaara and Arhaan sitting next to each other and Zaara was all red, but my eyes were on his shoes, being the bride's sister, I was no way going to miss this opportunity.

So all the youngsters of the bride's family have to hide the shoes and the groom's family has to find it, it's way more fun than it sounds to be.

I had thought of the plan to make Arhaan take away his shoes on the day they got fixed because I am too excited.

So it was all Zaara's friends and cousins up there and Arhaan's friends and cousins on the stage. Only the close family and friends were present by now.

I went to Arhaan and Zaara and congratulated them, not letting anyone of them have a hint that I have a total different purpose and Saad stood next to me as it was pre decided.

" You both look so beautiful together masha Allah." As I talked to them, I dropped my ring on the ground deliberately and Saad immediately picked it up without anyone having to notice it so that it doesn't get lost.

" I just dropped my ring." I said worriedly and everyone on the stage started looking for it.

" Aiza appi, see it's in there." Saad pointed at Arhaan's shoe and Arhaan hurriedly took it off to see if it's there and bang, Saad ran away in lightening speed with Arhaan's shoe and everyone of our side including his wife laughed at the poor groom who was all confused of what just happened.

" So sorry Arhaan bhai but you know it was all Zaara's plan." As I said this, Zaara gave me the best of her deathly glares.

" You should be on my side instead." Arhaan teased Zaara and she could only blush.

First we decided to hide them inside Arhaan's car under his seat but to get the key was difficult so instead we put the shoe in a cloth bag and Saad passed it onto his friend who casually went up on the stairs with the bag and put it under the sofa from behind where the bride and groom sat while Areeba and all the others looked for the shoes all over, unknowing that it was under their nose.

All of us from the bride's side stood proudly on the stage while Arhaan sat with just one shoe on. It was real fun.

" Aiza appi, you should now give the shoe back . See we all are tired." Areeba wiped her fake tears.

" Given up already? The groom's side doesn't match our standards in that case." I teased her.

" Fine not a problem, I'm sure he wouldn't mind walking with just one shoe on, isn't it Arhaan?" Hamza laughed.

" Ofcourse not, I'm all set. Let's go." Arhaan laughed. 

" Sure Arhaan, you all leave, Zaara won't go until you all get the shoe or you can simply give up, isn't it Zaaru? " Zaara looked at me for a second like giving that Are-you-mad look and looked so cute but then nodded, her reaction was epic.  

" How about we change the deal. you come on our side?" Hamza raised his eyebrows.

" She will." Ali laughed.

And I gave a blank look, I knew Hamza simply said this regarding the ritual but this Ali had other things in his mind.

Ignoring him as I always choose to do, I refused to all their not so interesting deals and in the en, the groom's side had to give up and we won.

Such a fun it was. 

Zaara was meeting everyone for it was time for her to leave. The atmosphere was all different now, everyone was emotional.

" Aiza." Hamza came to me and smiled. " Happy birthday" He added and I was taken aback, firstly because I forgot it was my birthday and secondly, because he remembered it.

" Umm yes.. happy birthday." I replied nervously trying to sound very confident but all in vain. 

" What?" He looked clueless. " It's your birthday Aiz, not mine."  He laughed. 

Ya Allah. I was so nervous. I was supposed to thank him not wish him the same.. I am such an idiot. Why Aiza why?

" Oh yes, how can I forget." I replied scratching my forehead. " I mean thank you." I awkwardly smiled.

" Tired much?"

" Umm no.. or maybe yes." I awkwardly smiled. 

Yes, I was tired, not 'cause of the hectic day that it was, but the way life treated me.

I was tired of showing the world I'm not when I really was.

& I was tired trying not to be.  

___

Almost after one year the story has been published again.
I missed you all so much!!
Will try to be regular from now on in sha Allah.
Jazak Allah khairan for all your lovely messages that motivated us to continue writing again.  
Happy reading :)

VOTE & COMMENT !!

Love
-Ayesha & Zainab.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.9K 775 42
A story where love reaches it's destination. God has made one for everyone we just need to wait for the right one, our heart will recognize it's bett...
139K 7.8K 29
#16 islamic 13/01/2020 #23 hijab 13/01/2020 #35 halal 13/01/2020 #10 indianlovestories 13/01/2020 #38 muslimlovestory 13/01/2020 #15 marriageproposal...
31.7K 1.4K 68
The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. ________________________________ It's a story of two ch...
36.8K 3.4K 49
A writer by passion and a university student, she was everything men wanted in their women but not every family was filled with bustling happiness an...