Hero's Journey

By SkyAngel_

Kagon of Pik is a hero that goes wherever adventure takes him. All he wants in life is action and a heroic j... More

Hero
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note, Please Read
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Tag ^_^
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's Note: Please Read
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Author's Note:
Chapter 49
Author's Note
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
New Book Cover!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
IMPORTANT!:
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Copyright
Critique

Chapter 47

17 1 4
By SkyAngel_

Delia's legs feel as if they have the consistency of gelatin as she awkwardly helps Heswyn drag the boat up the shore and safely away from the surf. All they need is their boat carried out to sea without them in it.

Heswyn drops the boat once it's a good distance away from the water and begins kicking out her legs like some sort of show girl. Delia quirks her brow quizzically at the woman.

"Don't stare at me as if I ate special mushrooms for breakfast." Heswyn says with a roll of her eyes. "I'm simply attempting to find my land legs.  I suggest you start kicking too instead of gawking, it should do you some good."

Delia shrugs and copies what Heswyn is doing and then begins pacing to regain her balance too.  The movements seem to help stop her from feeling as if she is still on the rocking ship.  Once she can walk steadily without falling over, Delia stops and looks to Heswyn.  "I'm feeling better, are you ready to find True Love's Kiss?"

Heswyn snorts.  "Ready as I'll ever be."

At that the two head off into the dense jungle.

The question is; where the Fates will we find it?

However, Delia's question looses its relevance because as soon as they're out of view of the ship spears point at them from all sides.

The Amazons.

"We're here in peace." Heswyn says, but is quickly hushed as the tip of one of the spears touches her jugular.

Sticks and stones, maybe this wasn't a good idea after all.

A tall woman with beautiful dark skin steps forward and points at the Roarian dagger strapped to Delia's thigh. "Warrior?"

"Well...."

"Yes or no." The woman interrupts, cold eyes staring into her own.

I've been traveling with Kagon for months. I've killed a Shadowlander, protected Iglesias and our group from ogres, helped free the people of Lanthos from cages, been forced out of my comfort zone numerous times, and so much more. Am I warrior?

Maya's words come to her mind. "Delia, I trust you. You are mine and all these people's hero."

"Yes."  Delia answers.  "I am a warrior, but know that we come in peace."

The woman nods and her glare softens to that of respect, though she still appears wary.  "A female warrior, perhaps our plan has worked in our favor."  The woman says to the other Amazons holding spears.

Delia sends Heswyn a confused look, but the librarian seems just as puzzled as she is.

"What plan?"  Delia asks, proud that her voice doesn't waver.

"Yetska, maybe we shouldn't tell her."  Another Amazon speaks up.

Yetska, quiets her with a quick glare.  "It is fine, Kreen.  We kill every foreign man that comes to our beautiful island, but spare the women.  However, before we send them on their way we teach them our values and show them techniques we have learned from our culture."  She explains.

"This is so that they can be empowered and spread this knowledge to the women of your continent.  We hope our tradition will spread and that the women will learn to stand up for themselves, so that one day there is a female ruling the land.  Only then will we be open to trade with your continent.  That is our hope."

Heswyn and Delia share dubious glances that Yetska ignores.  "So, have our traditions spread as of yet?"

Delia licks her chapped lips.  "No, not exactly.  It's all very complicated."

"I see."  Yetska says slowly.  "And why have you come here, what are your names?"

"I am Cordelia of Pik and this is my friend Heswyn of Lithko.  She hails from Lithko's great capital, Lit.  We have come on a quest to retrieve the berries known in our land as True Love's Kiss.  We need them in order to awaken a dear friend of mine."  Delia explains.

"Oh, and can you please lower your weapons for Fate's sake." Heswyn adds.

The Amazons all look to Yetska, who dips her head. Delia lets out a breath of relief when they lower their weapons.

They still keep them at the ready.  Delia notes, seeing that the Amazon's may have lowered their weapons but have not sheathed them.

"We honorably request that you allow us to find and take the berries back to our ship." Heswyn says.

Yetska eyes the librarian and writer with a calculating look. "I will accept your request on one condition." The Amazon smiles, but it is not warm or amused. "Like the other women that have left the island safely, you must be taught some of our traditions and skills."

"We're in a bit of a hurry." Heswyn pipes up.

Yetska's eyes go flat with lack of any emotion. "You will stay here as long as it takes for you to understand our lifestyle and learn to be a warrior."

"I already said I was." Delia interjects.

The Amazons laugh as if Delia is a naive child.

"Maybe you are in your lands, but you are not one in this island until you can prove yourself." Kreen says. "In order to do that you must learn."

Delia feels a bubble of frustration rise in her stomach, but she knows that she is helpless in the face of the Amazons. This is their land, their home, and they are the queens. In order to find True Love's Kiss and save Kip, she must abide by their demands.

Heswyn and Delia share a look that convey's all these thoughts in a single glance.

Heswyn shoves a curl behind her ear. "Fine."

"Have it your way." Delia finishes with a sharp glare, though inside she knows just how intimidated by these female warriors that she is.

Yetska chuckles. "You will soon find that it is always my way."

〰〰〰

As Kagon watches Delia and Heswyn vanish within the greenery of the thick jungle, he wants so badly to hop into his own rowboat and go in after them.

Perhaps I should of at least showed Delia a couple of tricks with her dagger.  Kagon thinks, but immediately shakes his head on the matter.  After all she shouldn't be doing these kind of things, she is just a girl.

Still, Kagon can't stop the bad feeling that inches up over his skin like a large bug he can't squash.

"I'm going after them."  Kagon announces aloud.

One of the head sailors, Manuel, looks at Kagon dubiously.  "I don't advise that, sir.  The Amazons will kill you as soon as they see the stubble on your jaw.  Going on that island would be considered suicide for any man."

"Not for a man like me." 

"You're staying on this boat, Mr. Kagon."  The Captain says, overhearing the two's conversation.  "Miss. Heswyn is the one who is paying for this trip and she ordered me to not let you go on the island, even if it meant locking you up in the brig."

Being told not to do something makes Kagon want to do it even more. "Of course Heswyn would do that." He mumbles, but then raises his voice. "You'll have to lock me in the brig then, but good luck with that."

"Heswyn warned me that you would respond as such." The Captain says. He snaps his fingers and the sailors all surround him.

Before Kagon can respond, a great rope net drops from above, entrapping him beneath.

"Apologies, Mr. Kagon." The Captain says. "But we can't have our continent's greatest hero dying on us, now can we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 450 59
~The Elves lost their Magic. The Princess is a Dragon. The Halfling is a Shifter. And Witches rule the Realm.~ Liss' clan lives in a world of seclusi...
242 19 8
The kingdom of Istamid is under the tyrannical rule of dragons, but there are still places where the dragons' presence isn't felt so strongly. One su...
48K 1.9K 43
A Draton Isles Tale : Book 1 (complete) As the Kingdom of Riteron sacrifices itself in war, King Darius must give up his only child to his most trust...
21 9 14
"You will be reborn as hope, My boy Milagro, Oh sorry its Kaan now." "What Reborn!!?" What is this stupid god of tales saying. *** Kaan born to bring...