We meet again

By lotus7543

Meera Maholtra, 22 years old, got a wonderful family living in the U.K. Attending University with her Bestie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Main Cast/Characters
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
DEDICATION
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's Note!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 12

14K 465 8
By lotus7543

Their living room/sitting room

Ajay's P.O.V

I know I was harsh yesterday but who is she to me? Ok wife. But I don't love her. So she is no one to me , no one at all only someone who ruined my life.

I must say when I smelt the aroma of her food, it was amazing, it looked good as well. I could not eat it, I can't though, I need to be cold. She needs to divorce me in 6 months. In order to do that I must make her hate me.  I hate her! I could of married Samantha!

Anyway I gave the food to my friend who looked like he really enjoyed it.  Also just like she said she didn't make any lunch or breakfast for me which is good. But all she left me was a glass of water on my bedside table which I took anyway as I always wake up with a dry throat.

There was a sudden knock on my office door.

" Sir, you have an invite to the business party."

Oh yes!, I go there every year to celebrate with the other businesses on our successful profits and to find out about other companies who could potentially make more profit more than us, so we can find ways to go above them.

" Thanks, go and get me coffee."

The person who I just spoke to was my inbox manager and also makes me coffee. It's good coffee just saying. Of course he doesn't know that.

I open up the ornate gold envelope and see a red bordered card. It reads:

          Friday 15 July 2016

Mr and Mrs Krishnan,

You are formally invited to the Big Business Bonanza!

At the time:
Friday 15 July 2016
4:00pm
Grand hall, Swathi street.

From,
Chief business economists.

Wait!? Did it say Mr AND MRS!? No!, no! This is not happening, I can't go with HER! But I'll be embarrassed if don't bring her, everyone will think I'm a horrible husband towards her and she'll probably act her way to get me in trouble. That witch! Fine I'll take her tomorrow. She better behave and I know just how to do it as well as make her feel bad.

After work...

I slam the door closed behind me. Should I tell that stupid girl that there is a party tomorrow? Nope! Let her be late then I'll get an excuse to yell at her.

I see her at the dinner table stuffing her face up with food. Pig! Can't she eat like normal people? She turns around and looks at me with a expressionless face, I of course glare at her. She turns her head away from me while I unpack my take away chicken.

I take a bite of the chicken. Not amazing but probably better than her food, she's going to poison me if I even tried eating her food. I somehow munch through the tasteless chicken but my eyes cant help but wonder down to her plate full of fish curry and rice. Oh my favourite...
No Ajay, control is key.

I suddenly start choking. This is great isn't it... I see Meera run off. Good! Let me die from choking then! See she is a witch. Out nowhere there is a glass of water in my face. I gulp it down quickly. Thank god! I see, it was Meera, she breathes a sigh of relief. Fake care.

" Don't pretend you care for me, I don't need your help."

She walks off somewhere clearly annoyed.

I soon finish my chicken and go to get changed. As soon as I come out I decide to go the living room. But there she already is. What is she doing? Oh watching TV. Lazy girl! Does she ever do anything else?

" Aren't you the lazy one today, of course what did I expect?"

She continues to watch not answering me. I go and block the TV.

" You don't ignore your husband like that."

" So NOW you call yourself my husband!, oh so what about yesterday when I was no one to you, especially not your WIFE!"

That got me very angry. I know that she is not my true wife but how dare she ignore me! Nobody talks to me like that!

" Don't talk to me like that Meera!"

" Actually Miss Maholtra, Mr Krishnan, don't want me to think that you have some relationship with me do you, by calling me my first name! Only friends and family call me that!"

" You idiot! Who would have a relationship with you?! They would kill themselves beforehand. You think your so smart don't you? Well I haven't seen such a stupid little girl like you since I went to a nearby preschool but I'm surprised even the kids there were probably smarter than you."

Miss Maholtra flinches but doesn't cry which surprises me.

" How dare you!, How can you judge someone before you get to know them?"

I've already judged her and I don't like her.

" The question is, how can someone so dumb and has the greatest acting skills in the world not be judged?"

She fists her hands and comes right up to my face.

" Tell that to me again Mr Krishnan, I dare you to. Is this how you treat women? If it is then I'm not surprised JUDGING you would treat women like this normally."

Leaving me opening and closing my mouth like a fish she walks off upstairs, still with her hands in clenched fists. I hear her door slam loudly.

This girl knows how to fight. Doesn't her parents ever teach her not to disrespect elders and people older than her. I'll put her in her place tomorrow especially with some wonderful people I have in mind, they'll insult her without me even telling them to do so.

I go back to my room and slam the door closed. I flop onto the bed tiredly. The things I have to go through...

I stare at the ceiling,my mind is blank. My eyes slowly close flooding me in darkness.

Next day, evening of  party...

I had not much work today and I was thinking about her. I kept getting angry. She will get hurt at this party without me getting caught.

So I am currently at home on the couch in my suit waiting for that idiot to get ready as well as to yell at her for being late. She isn't but she doesn't know that.

I hear the rustle of fabric and look up. There she is. Wow... I mean, ugly! Meera is wearing a blue and orange glittery sari. Her hair in her natural curly state.

I'm surprised if she is still trying to impress me. It won't work will it not go through her thick skull?!

" why?!, do you, always get ready late!" I yell at her.

" Well if you told me earlier I would of got ready on time, a woman needs time to make herself look presentable."

"Well that was a waste of time then, wasn't it? You look like ugly as usual. Do you really expect to go like this! Have you never worn something more modern like a proper dress not a piece of disgusting fabric that barely covers your body. How can I present you as my wife if I will be humiliated because of you?!"

I feel a strange feeling but push it away. I can't feel guilty for her and why would  I?

She wraps her arms around herself and a lone tear runs down her cheek but she wipes it away quickly. I successfully made her feel bad. Oh don't worry, though there is more for her at the party. She goes outside to my car.

I open the door and get in as she does the same. My driver starts the car and drives. I pull her face near mine in a forceful manner.

"Listen, Miss Maholtra, I warned you to wear something more appropriate for this party so it is not my fault if we are embarrassed."

I say this to her in a low tone and let go of her face. She stays quiet for the whole ride and looks out the window.

We finally reach the party, some reporters are there. It's very crowded and many other business men and women are here.

I grab her hand and enter where we are met by one of the business men.

"Hey, Ajay how are you?, how's the business, good profit?"

"Yes, I'm good and the business is going very well, great profit."

"I see, and this very beautiful woman must your wife, am I right?"

I see his eyes run down her body. That's MY wife he's looking at. I clench my fist and pull her close by her hips.

" Yes, she is MY wife."

" Right, of course, you are extremely lucky. Who wouldn't want her?"

I get more frustrated. There is this dark feeling in my chest. Is it jealousy, no right? She shouldn't of worn that sari.

Oh yes!, there are the business men's wives. Those women are the people I need to send her to. Great!

"Meera go and join those women over there, they'll be with you the whole time."

I smirk as I watch her nod and walk away with a confused look written on her face.

I realise that the man is gone. Never liked him anyway. I get a tap on the shoulder. It's one of my allied companies we work with, the CEO of that company and me are good friends in terms of business. His name is Vinoy.

"So I'm planning to share the stock deal with you, ready or no?"

I look over at the group of women and see that Meera has her head down. Good just as I expected. I grin back to Vinoy.

"So let's talk business shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 12.5K 37
"Meera"- A decent girl, in final year of her graduation is trying hard to cope up with her insecurities, studies and orthodox family. Though like he...
81.3K 7K 64
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
363K 35.3K 58
Vivaansh x Meera! Jaavedaan:- Eternal, Everlasting, Forever. Just a simple arranged marriage love story that will take you to the ride of fairytale! ...
1.9M 100K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...