The Boss [LGBT]

By katieshakespeare

Meet Emerson Lane. A twenty-two-year-old college drop-out working on the 23rd floor of the most successful bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue.
Available on Amazon
The Boss & The Assistant
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Children of the Boss [Sequel]

Chapter 25

66.9K 2.3K 705
By katieshakespeare

  Hospitals had always weirded me out. I mean, people had died in those places and that just scared me. Police were on the outside, though, trying to barricade the press, and that meant I wasn't sure how I was going to get inside. I cringed, looking at the large building. Ugh. It was just so freaky to me. I walked up to an officer and said to him, "Excuse me, sir, I'm here to visit a patient."

"Who?" he asked.

"Lafayette Jeff," I responded, knowing he probably thought I was an idiot.

"Yeah? So is everyone else. The press conference isn't until later."

"I'm Emerson Lane. He's-"

"Oh, you're the one. Yeah, alright, he's been asking for ya. Cheryl!" he called to a red-headed officer.

She came over, asking, "Is this him?"

"Yep, escort him inside please."

She nodded and motioned for me to follow. The press started shouting questions like crazy when they saw someone actually able to enter. I couldn't help but wonder about people trying to visit patients other than Lafayette. Would they not be allowed or something? That would suck. Maybe they had a list of who was allowed to go through or something. Cheryl led me through the hallways and I kept my eyes on the back of her pretty hair, avoiding everything else. A bunch of people were in the waiting room that was outside of Lafayette's room. His parents, his siblings, Donald, Vince, Emilio, Michael. Michael didn't even say anything to me. He just grabbed me and shoved me into Lafayette's room.

And there he was, lying on the bed in patient clothes, eyes closed. It had been basically a month since I had last seen him. He looked really bad. There were bags under his eyes, his skin was not glowing, his hair was messy in a non-sexy way. I don't know if it was because he had been shot, or because of other reasons. I walked over to him and looked down at him. He wasn't asleep, just resting. "Lafayette?" I asked.

He drowsily opened his eyes, and his normally bright hazel eyes looked less luminous. He smiled faintly. "Hey," is all he said.

I didn't know what to say, so I asked, "How's your arm?"

He chuckled. "Being shot is really painful. I can't feel it, but when the drugs wear off then it's bad."

"But you're okay?"

He took a while to answer me, peering into my eyes. "I can't even tell you."

I sighed, getting emotional because it was all just so much. "What the hell is going on?"

He tiredly sat up and moved over. He patted the space next to him on the bed and I sat next to him. "I'll just start from the beginning I suppose. It was back in November when it happened. Rick Solanzki found out about you and I being together. I don't know how exactly, but he finally had something against me. Still, I'm not sure what he really wanted from me. He did this to multiple people actually. See, he threatened me. And you. He said I had to break up with you, and if I didn't then he'd hurt you. He didn't want money. I think he just wanted to be in your spot. I'm not sure. There's something demented about him. Anyway, when I dumped you, I had that ear piece in because he was telling me what to say. You know what I did after you left?"

"I hope you cried."

He laughed, a sparkle appearing in his eye again. "I bawled my eyes out. So Rick comes in and-" He shook his head. "He just screwed everything up. However, I knew I could get him sent to jail. He is incredibly sketchy, and I just had to wait for him to carry a gun. We were suppose to have a birthday party with lots of people, and so I knew he'd have one on him then. That's when I had the opportunity to stop him and his blackmail and everything. I told him everything he did not want to hear and got him so angry he'd shoot me. He shot me, and I was really hoping he'd just aim for my torso, but he nicked me in the arm, too. Emilio quickly came in and tackled him before he could do anything. Michael called the police and that's why I'm here. Everyone who has ever been wronged by Rick is now showing all the horrible things he's done to them, too. They never could before because they were afraid he'd kill them. Now he's out of everyone's hair."

"So...what about...Micah Schumacher? He just happened to give you a billion dollars?"

"No. He was being blackmailed by Rick, too. He was in a similar situation like me. He was forced to dump his boyfriend or else," he said.

"I just talked to his boyfriend today, Jeremy."

"What a coincidence. But I just donated the billion dollars to charity, which made Micah happy because he didn't want Rick to spend it. It's as if everyone has been freed. There were a lot of people being blackmailed by him. He sort of formed an elaborate story and made us all a victim and a part in each others blackmailing."

"So you basically saved everyone else. I mean, you took bullets for people."

"No, I took bullets for you. I wish I had done what I did this morning on New Year's, because he was carrying a gun back then, too, and so I could've done it and then we wouldn't had to have waited so long."

"But...you really do love me?" I asked.

"Of course I do," he told me softly. "Did you really think I would use you for a bet?"

"Well, no. I had been in denial, but you know me. I'm a ditz. I'm the most gullible person there is. Things added up and so I just fell for them," I said.

"You know, I felt so god awful after you called me. You forgave me! That's insane! I was a jerk!"

"You were pretending to be a jerk to save me."

"Yeah but you didn't know that back then. That's just one reason why I am utterly in love with you - because you are just the most wonderful and caring person out there." He smiled at me, looking into my eyes.

"So can things go back to normal now?"

"Only if you want them to."

"Of course I do!"

He chuckled, putting his arm around me. "You know, I haven't kissed you in a long time."

"Did you ever kiss Rick?" I asked, unable to stop myself.

"God no. He wanted me to, but I refused. So I never slept with him either. Even before we were dating and I had to go on a date with him over a year ago I didn't sleep with him. I just got him so drunk he passed out and I made him think we slept together."

I laughed, feeling so completely good.

"Oh how I have missed your laugh. And your smile. And everything. You have no idea how much I stalked you. I looked at your Facebook and Twitter all the time. I would sometimes go to your town and just wait for you. I masturbated constantly to all those dirty pictures you sent to me."

I laughed again, and this time I leaned in and kissed him, having missed his lips. It had been a month! I crawled over him and kissed him, sitting in his lap. "Your left arm got shot right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Good."

"Why?" he asked back.

"Because I know you're right-handed, meaning you can still give me a hand job."

It was his turn to laugh. "It has been a while."

"You took four bullets for me. I can give you something first."

"Technically I only took two since the vest stopped the other ones."

"Yeah, so you still got shot for me. He could have killed you! You risked your life for me. You can get a fantastic filatio anytime you want."

"But I really hurt you," he said.

"Only because you were forced to, and it hurt you a lot, too."

"Yeah, but-"

"Do you want one or not?"

He laughed, putting a hand on his head. "Just kiss me again right now. I just want to hold you for a while, you horny boy."

I smiled and lied across him, resting my head on his chest. He brought his right arm over me, planting a kiss on my head.

"I'm incredibly happy that we can go on like normal. I missed you dearly, dear," he told me quietly.

"I missed you, too. I tried to convince myself that I could be fine without you, but then I'd get home and I would be all alone and it was too empty. I was always a lot colder, too."

"What about now?"

"Just right."

"Good," he said, holding me tighter.

We dozed off for only an hour, just wanting to rest and be next to each other, but we later had to be quickly awoken.

"I find it unnecessary."

"I always dress nice."

"But if you're in your hospital clothes then people will think you're so much more brave."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to put on my clothes," he stated.

"Fine. I'm not coming to the press conference."

"Doesn't matter to me."

"You better give me my way or else I'm going to get upset and then I'm going to cry and you're going to feel bad."

Lafayette sighed. "Fine. I'll stay in my hospital clothes."

"Thank you."

Lafayette was getting ready for his press conference, and he had been indignant on wearing a stupid suit, but I wouldn't let him. He didn't need to trouble himself getting into clothes fourteen hours after getting shot. He should just stay in his damn bed and rest, but no. He wants to leave and continue with work and have lots of sex and go shopping and manage his money and do everything. He needs to calm down. I allowed him to at the very least get out of bed and sit in a wheelchair. He was in front of the bed, I was on his right, Michael was on his left, Emilio next to him, and his parents were to my right. Donald and Vince and his siblings were behind us. Then they set up a bunch of chairs in front of us for the reporters. They only let a few select reporters and cameramen come in, ones who wouldn't be annoying. They sat down, cameras rolling, notebooks ready, everything set up.

"Well then," Lafayette said, smiling, never shy in front of reporters. Plus, it was a live broadcast and since everyone absolutely loved Lafayette Jeff then basically everyone out there was going to watch the broadcast. "Thank you all for coming then. I decided on having a broadcast so then the trial against Rick Solanzki could be quick and not waste anymore of time. First question."

They all raised their hands but luckily they weren't shouting because there weren't too many. He pointed to one guy and he stood up, "Sir, what were the motives behind the shooting?"

"Straight to the point I see. Well, I told Solanzki that I was done with him and his blackmailing of me, so he shot me."

"What was he blackmailing you with?" another asked.

"He said he would hurt a beloved of mine, and so I had to shut them out of my life for a month until I could get rid of Solanzki."

"Why was he blackmailing you?"

"See, that's an interesting question. I don't really know why he was doing it. He had been blackmailing countless people actually, including Micah Schumacher, George Duplantier, Bill Gates, Mark Rockefeller, Lisa Lee, and many others. I was just the first to put a stop to him. The others were afraid that either they would get hurt or someone they loved would get hurt. I knew Solanzki often carried a gun on him when there was some type of event going on, and as he was planning the party for my birthday I knew he had one on him. I put on my bullet proof vest, argued with him so he'd shoot me, and then he was caught and arrested."

"Why would you put yourself up to such danger?"

"Because I was getting tired of him," Lafayette said flatly. "And I really wanted things to go back to normal."

"Did Mr. Day and Mr. Martinez know about Solanzki blackmailing you?"

"No, not until earlier before he shot me. I told them what was going on and told Emilio to be ready to take Solanzki down. He was also wearing a vest, and Michael had called the cops the second the shots were fired. If I had told anyone then Solanzki would have known and I would have been defenseless. I did not want to shoot him. I had to wait for him to shoot me."

"What about your loved one you were protecting? Do they knew everything now and...were they a girlfriend, a friend, a relative...?" They were hesitant to ask who the beloved was because Lafayette Jeff never really disclosed any sort of relationship before.

"Well you can just ask him," he said, motioning to me, catching me off guard.

"What? Oh, uh, yeah. I know what's going on and yeah I was pretty miserable for the past month, but it's fine now."

"And to what relationship do the two of you share?" one reporter asked, all eager to know the answer, to know if Lafayette Jeff did indeed like men.

I looked at Faye awkwardly, unsure. He of course just nodded casually at me, like he wasn't in the closet or anything and that me not responding was weird and that I should hurry up. I should have known he would come out like the world already knew. "Well, I've been his boyfriend for a while now, so..."

"Actually!" Lafayette interjected before any reporter could ask anything. "I've been meaning to change that."

Like the ditz I was, I thought he was going to dump me again. But no, he got out of his wheelchair, bent down on one knee, and pulled a ring out from the pocket on his shirt. "Emmy, I know we've already talked about this, but I have to ask - in the most public way ever." He paused, smiling at me, his eyes glowing. "Em, will you marry me?"

I was gushing so hard, smiling from ear to ear in utter excitement. I nodded, "Of course," I answered, laughing happily. He put the ring on my finger and we kissed, cameras going off like crazy and lots of questions buzzing. Lafayette waved his hand and his bodyguards started to remove the reporters as they bombarded him with questions, but he ignored them, deepening the kiss a few seconds longer and then pulling away, smiling. I should have known this is how he would have proposed - in the most public way ever, like he said. Unbelievable. I loved him for his eccentricity, but sometimes it still shocked me.

"Can things go back to normal now?" Michael asked.

Lafayette stood up, holding my hand and pulling me up as well. "Would you want it any other way?"

"No, except maybe a kitchenette could be installed somewhere on the floor."

"Or you could just let us into your flat," Emilio mumbled.

"I think I might put a door from your bathroom to the flat. I don't think we'll be using it as much."

"We won't?" I asked.

"No. I think we could use the townhouse more often. We'll only use the flat when we have to or want to have sex."

"Michael and I call the couch," Emilio said.

"All yours. Now then. How about we get this show on the road. Michael, make reservations at whatever restaurant later at nine. Mom, handle my paperwork please. Emilio, tip everyone. And Em, help me get into my clothes. You and I are going home. We're gonna have sex, sleep, and then get dinner with everyone in here. Oh, and your parents and all our friends."

I sighed. "Do you ever stop?" I asked.

"Only if you want me to," he said, smiling and giving me a wink. "Do you want me to?"

I smiled sweetly back at him and said, "Of course not."

"Good. I really don't want to."

I laughed and everyone went on to do their tasks. I helped Lafayette get into his suit even though the doctors didn't want him doing too much. He of course didn't listen. When he had his suit on and was ready to go, I leaned into him and embraced him. "You know I love you right?" I said.

"I know," he replied, hugging me back. "And I love you, too."

"I forgot to tell you something."

He pulled back and looked at me, questioning.

I gave him a kiss, pulling away with a smirk. "Happy birthday, dear."

-

-

-

-

The ring he got me was ridiculous. After looking through his bank statements I saw that it sure as hell did cost a lot of money. I don't even want to say because people would roll their eyes at how much money he spent on just a ring. Anyone could tell it was expensive just by looking at it. Lafayette was pretty gaudy in reality. It was really shiny and the diamond stud was gorgeous but he knew that I was picky about the rings I wore, and so thankfully he chose a ring with lots of diamonds instead of one giant stud. There was a stud, but it wasn't so big it would get in the way. Just the way I liked it.

Once Lafayette and I left the hospital, I checked the news and looked at all the pictures and videos of us. The articles strayed from their original intent and instead went to how Lafayette wasn't straight and proposed to me. My mother called me and was in hysterics, so excited for me. She was a real fangirl of weddings and demanded to be my wedding planner. I had to agree of course. Alisha and Clovis got married before we did, in June. Their wedding was beautiful and their honeymoon was in Hawaii. She called me a few weeks later and announced she was pregnant with a little boy. On September 25th, the anniversary of me becoming his assistant and us getting together is when we got married.

We decided on having it on the patio of the townhouse, with it being greatly decorated by my mother's planning. The colors were white and teal with gorgeous flowers all around. There weren't too many people, just my family, his family, Michael, Emilio, Marcus, Daniel, Owen, Liam, Jeremy, Micah Schumacher, Carla, Marion, people from the 23rd floor, and Donald and Vince. It was still warm but not too warm outside. It was just perfect. Lafayette wore white dress pants with a white shirt and a teal belt with a teal boutonniere. I was wearing white pants as well, ones that were a bit tighter in the butt and flared out at the end a little more. Then my shirt was teal and was showing a bit more chest as well. Donald legally had the right to marry us in the state of New York. Then Michael and Emilio were his groomsmen, Alisha was my maid of honor, and Vince dressed in drag just to be the flower girl. Owen was taking the photos as well, and it was a private event but Lafayette said he could sell the photos after he printed them off and gave them to us.

Lafayette and I walked down the aisle together, coming to an end before Donald, and continued to hold hands.

"I haven't done this in a very long time by the way," Donald said, putting on his glasses. "Now then, we gather here today to witness the beautiful marriage of Lafayette Jackson Jeff and Emerson Dean Lane. And...what comes next?"

"Let's just go the vows now," Lafayette said.

"Alright. The couple will now read their vows to each other."

Alisha handed me my vows and Michael handed Lafayette his.

"Emerson," Lafayette said. "I remember when I first saw your picture on the computer screen, many months before even meeting you. Your smile left an impression on me, and when I was in need of a new assistant, I was really hoping you could give me more than my daily schedule. And you did. I had been in trouble, but you helped me, in more ways than you know. I have never loved someone as much as I love you. You make me more happy than anyone ever has, and all I ever need from you is to be there. I will be by your side, no matter what the occasion is, just to see that smile again. I love you, and don't ever forget that."

"Lafayette," I said. "When I first became your assistant, I never thought we'd be here today. You were my boss, and it was unfathomable to me that we could even consider a relationship. Though we first became friends, and shared countless memories I want to cherish forever. I can only think of the memories we'll share in the future. I love you, too, and I can't wait to see what happens in our story next."

"Beautiful words," Donald said. "Now, exchange the wedding bands."

They handed us the wedding bands and we put them on each other's fingers.

"Do you, Lafayette Jackson Jeff, take Emerson Dean Lane to be you lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you, Emerson Dean Lane, take Lafayette Jackson Jeff to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I now announce you husband and husband. You may kiss now."

I laughed and leaned in, our lips meeting. The applauded, and there we were - married.

We had a wonderful after party, the toasts being excellent, and the food delicious, the dancing great. We got into his car after, just married written on the back, and drove away. We took his private jet to France, where our honeymoon would begin. We made love countless times, relishing in the moment, and not wanting it to end.

"Can you believe that we are actually married now?" Lafayette asked as we lied in our honeymoon bed.

"Finally," I said, making him laugh.

"I'm going to buy this bed. I'm going to put it into our townhouse, and we'll keep it forever."

"Sounds like a plan."

He pulled me to him, kissing me deeply for the hundredth time. "Be with me forever."

"That's all you've ever asked for."

"It's all I need."

I smiled and closed my eyes. "I really can't wait for the future, Faye."

"Me either, Emmy. After all, our story has just begun."

-

-

If you like this story, consider buying a paperback copy on Amazon! Click the external link at the bottom of the page to purchase. Any support is appreciated! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 2.5K 4
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
3M 177K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
1M 25.5K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
652K 39K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...