Diary of A Teenage Nerd (A Li...

By callmekay21

Raines Tyler is a nerd. And she knows it. But what happens when Liam Payne wants to be her friend? Will it tu... More

Diary of A Teenage Nerd
Today Is Different
Changing For The Better..... Or Worse???
Going To Nando's
These God Forsaken Boys......
Truth or Dare
A Confession
Feeling Sorry
Sunday's Surprise
Could This Get Any Better?
Emotional Aftermath
Meeting The Parents
Blonde Moments
Surprise!
Little boys in BIG trouble
Another Confession?
Will Things Ever Get Better?
The Shocking Truth
Reunited
School and fun? Two different worlds
Liam Payne how many secrets do you have?!?!
What The Hell Just Happened?
Don't You Dare Give Up On Me. If You Do, Then I'll Give Up On Myself
This Is A Hospital? More Like Jail.
Day One. Kill me now.
Write me a love song. Even though it's not true.
Tell me how life is. Outside of Hospital Hell.
A Suprise. Not a secret.
Why The Hell Don't You Love Me?
A Dramatic Exit
Settle things, or make them worse?
It's Too Late to Apologize
Attitude, friendships, and Harry Styles
Important Information
Getting Released
Hiding My Feelings from Everyone
A New Beginning. Will They Recognize Me?
Good Job....So Far
Thankfully Silent
Off to Mexico
The Big Day
The Second Concert
I'm So Sorry and I Hope You Understand I Always Loved You
Important Authors Note: Contest Time. PLEASE READ!!!
Author's Note
I Love Him
The Fourth Concert
Four Days in Miami
Forgive Me Liam
Bonfire
To Nashville
Protective
Sparks Flying
One Step Closer To You
And You Left Me...
Turn Up Turn Down Turn On Turn Off
Songs About Sex
My my, my my, Give Me Love
Twitcammmm
Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Epilogue

Keep Holding On

2.5K 66 7
By callmekay21

  ************PLEASE READ********************

  I've been reading complaints lately that Niall wasn't in the book that much. Guys....look. No. He isn't going to be in the book that much, that's why this is called a Liam Payne fiction. I apologize if you're disappointed that he isn't in the book, but I'll put him in more just because you guys are asking. Neither is Louis or Zayn. But seriously, stop complaining. It's annoying. I do everything I can to make this the best book it can possibly be, and sometimes I don't think it's even good enough because of you guys saying, "Oh you got the eye color wrong," and, "Oh you forgot to put Niall in this chapter." I'm sorry. but I don't understand what part of this makes you think that Niall is going to be in this book so much. If you want a Niall Horan fan fiction, than you should go read 'The Summer After High School.' Guys when I first started this book, I didn't know much about the boys, so the first ten chapters suck. Like bad. I went back and changed some of the things that people have been complaining about. But just because you guys want Niall, I'm going to put him in this chapter, as a main character. And please stop complaining, it makes me really insecure, and then I don't know what to write because I don't know if you'll judge it or not. I'm sorry if I'm coming off mean, I don't mean to be mean, I just wanted to address this. Thank you so much to those who are reading this, it means so, so, so much to me.

  I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I'm so busy guys. It isn't being funny. I love you guys for being patient. It means a lot. I love you all and I hope this chapter doesn't suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Raines' POV

     It had been three days since our concert in DC, so it's now the 26th, and we just finished our concert in Boston, Massachusetts. We were all on the tour bus, sitting around laying down. I'm pretty sure Niall and I are the only ones awake. I don't know Niall that well, I mean I haven't hung out with him, or Zayn and Louis nearly as much as Harry and Liam, but that is going to change soon. I want to get to know them all better, since I'm practically going to be living with them once me and Liam get married, but I don't mind. I love all these boys with everything I have.

    I pushed myself off of the couch I was sleeping on (it's weird how we sleep on the couches more than the bunks) and I walked over to the couch where Niall sat, scrolling through something on his phone, probably on Twitter, unless he has a girl that none of us knew about. I doubt very highly. He's not one to keep things from the guys.

"Oh hey Raines," Niall said, looking up at me and smiling. I smiled back at him as I sat next to him, facing him.

"Hey Niall. You did really good tonight. I thought I'd tell you," I said to him, pulling my braided hair over my shoulder, and pushing my loose bangs behind my ear.

"Thanks. You did amazing tonight, too. As always. Thought I'd tell you that too," He told me, with a knowing smile. I laughed and relaxed into the couch more.

"Thanks. It means a lot, especially from someone in the biggest boy band in the world," I laughed again, poking him in the arm. He laughed, that loud one where it echoes across the walls, and he's laughing for no apparent reason, but yet you just have to laugh anyway because his laugh is just that contagious, so I did. I laughed along with him.

"You have to point that out? You know we're just normal guys, you know. Well of course you do, because you're engaged to one of us, and you're best friends with another one of us," He explained, putting his phone next to him and then turned and looked at me. I couldn't help but look in his eyes, and notice how they glowed, even in the dark, they seemed to have this glow. They also change colors a lot, I've noticed that too.

"Yeah. I like teasing you guys about it. Even though it's pretty damn awesome that you're able to say that. I mean it's not everyday, a group of guys becomes famous and wins the heart over nearly every girl in the world, and are still working on it. You guys even have some of the male population," I told him with a wink, as he let out another one of those echoing laughs. I've noticed that he laughs a lot too, and when he laughs, so does everyone around him, just because he has that type of laugh, and it's so contagious.

"Haven't thought about that before. Guess we can't be doing too bad then, eh?"

"Hey can I ask you something? I don't want to bother you, but Harry and Liam are asleep, and I don't want to wake them up, plus they're to far away, and if I throw a pillow, it won't wake them up." Niall laughed at this, but it was just a small chuckle, that made me smile. He knows how to lift a mood, without even knowing he's doing it. I mean I feel less stressed because of his laugh. Is that a bad thing?

"No it's not a bother. I'm not tired any way. So what's up?" Niall asked, turning to face me, just a little, slinging his arm over the back of the couch. I pulled my legs onto the couch and crossed them, setting my hands in my lap and fiddling with my fingers.

"It's complicated. I just don't know. I can't stop worrying about my mom and my brother, even though they call me every morning and night, and if I came home my mother would kill me, and when I do come home, I know that when I get there, my dad won't be there to hug me. And I miss him, I miss hearing his voice. I just...I don't know..." I sighed, wiping a tear from under my eyes. I pulled the sleeves over my wrists and gripped onto them with my finger tips.

"You're gonna be okay. It's gonna be fine. I'm pretty sure I'm not the person to talk to about this though, I'm good at giving my opinion, but not advice. My opinion on this, is that, if you've made it this far in life, after all you've been through, I know you can get through this. I know you're strong enough to do that. I just know it. Because if you look back, you've been in the hospital, to rehab, for suicide and anorexia, you've been bullied, and look you're still here, and you're here for a reason. My opinion is that you're the best thing that's happened to Liam in a long time, he needs you here, your mom needs you, and so does your brother. It's gonna be hard, but I know you can do this..." He told me, his eyes on me, while my eyes on my feet. "Wow that was the most deep I've ever said. I think I'm turning into Zayn..." Niall said, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. I looked up at him, to see that he was being dead serious, which made me laugh. I leaned my head onto his shoulder as I laughed at him.

"Thank you. So much. We need to hang out more. I didn't realize how good a friend you were," I told him and he smiled at me, showing his braces, which he was getting taken off soon, and I knew he was happy about it.

    I held out my arms to him, releasing the hem of the sleeves from my grip as I motioned that I wanted a hug from him. He chucked and held his arms out, hugging me back. They were right about his hugs, they were possibly the best ever.

"I'm going to sleep now. You should get some rest to, I know you're tired," Niall told me. I nodded and looked up at him as he walked towards his bunk.

"Thanks Niall."

"Stop saying thank you. It's nothing, really. It's fine. I don't mind. I'm here if you need to talk, always, but you know, Liam and Zayn and Louis and Harry are all good at advice, I'm good at eating, laughing, and farting."

  I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing loud enough to wake the whole bus. Niall chuckled and turned around.

"Night Raines."

  Once I finished my little laughing moment, I uncovered my mouth and looked over to the dark hall where he disappeared, going to be.

"Goodnight Niall..." I whispered, getting off the couch and walking back over to where Liam sat comfortably, also, very asleep. I bit my lip and crawled onto his lap, and rested my head onto his chest and tangled our legs together, trying to warm up, considering I had on only Nike running shorts, a tank top, and a loose hoodie on.

  Liam let out a soft groan and wrapped his arms around my upper torso, pulling me closer to him, immediately warming me up. I smiled into his chest and closed my eyes, letting sleep finally find me.

~~~~~~~~

   My eyes fluttered open, my eyelashes hitting skin. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and sat up, seeing Liam's arm. I giggled softly and buried my head into his neck, leaning up a little bit. Liam's arms tightened around my waist and he rolled over a little bit, burying his head in my hair.

   I opened my eyes and looked up at Liam. His eyes were softly shut and his hair was messy, considering he rolls around in his sleep a little bit. I ran my fingertips through his soft, messy hair, and rested my hand on the back of his neck, keeping my eyes on his face.

"It's rude to stare, you know?" His lips moved, as his raspy voice escaped. I blushed and looked away, removing my eyes from his face. His chest moved as he chuckled, his arms shifting around me just a bit.

  I looked back up at him, to see him looking at me with his brown eyes that I love.

"Good morning beautiful," He whispered, his voice raspy and sexy. I smiled and leaned up, kissing his lips.

"Morning," I said once I pulled away.

  I put my hands on his chest and pushed myself off of his chest and stood up, running a hand through my hair, then placed my hands on my hips, looking at Liam. He put his hands behind his head and stared up at me, my eyes connected with his and I raised my eyebrows.

"Just gonna lay there forever?" I asked him with a smirk.

"I have nothing better to do. So I will lay here, and I'd prefer if laid with me too. But you know we could both go get a shower if you want," He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows then winked at me. I grabbed the nearest pillow and hit him in the face with it, then continued hitting him. Liam laughed and tried to block me hitting him with it with his hands.

"You're such a perv. I'm going to take a shower..." I told him, I slipped off my hoodie and my tank top, revealing my black sports bra, thank God the others were still asleep. I turned back around and smirked at Liam who was just staring at me.

"By myself," I nodded, and continued walking away from him, purposely shaking my hips as I walked down the hallway.

-------

  I was almost done with my leg of the concert. I just had one more song to sing, and then I would be done. I'm getting pretty tired, so I'm thankful for that; even though I love performing.

"So uh....this next song...is absolutely perfect. I love it. It's one of my favorites. Maybe you know it, maybe you don't. But either way, I hope you like it. By the way the song isn't mine, I only wish I could write songs as good as this song. Anyway, it's called 'Give Your Heart A Break' and it's by the one and only Demi Lovato!"

   I laughed as the fans went insane at the mention of the song, and Demi's name. I heard the violin behind me begin to play as I smiled at the boys behind me, and began singing.

"The day I, first met you, you told me, that you'd never fall in love
But now that I get you I have no fear, that its what it really was

Now here we are, so close, yet so far
Haven't I passed the test?
When will you realize...that baby I'm not like the rest?

Don't wanna break your heart, Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong, Like you might make a mistake

There's just one life to live
And there's no time to waste, to waste
So let me give your heart a break
Give your heart a break
There's just so much you can take
Give you're heart a break
Lemme give your heart a break
Your heart a break
Oh yeah, yeah

On Sunday, you went home, alone, there were tears in your eyes
I called your cellphone, my love
But you did not reply

The world is ours, if you want it
We can take it, if you just take my hand
There's no turning back now
Baby try to understand

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake

There's just one life to live
And there's no time to waste, to waste
So let me give your heart a break
Give your heart a break
Lemme give your heart a break , Your heart a break
There's just so much you can take, Give your heart a break
Lemme give your heart a break
Oh yeah,  yeah

When your lips are on my lips
And our hearts beat as one

But you slip out of my fingertips
Every time you run, whoa-oh-whoa-oh-oh

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know your scared its wrong, like you might make a mistake

There's just one life to live
And there's no time to waste, to waste
So let me give your heart a break

'Cause you've been hurt before, I can see it in your eyes
You try to smile it away, some things you disguise

Don't wanna break your heart
Maybe, I can ease the ache, the ache
So let, lemme give your heart a break
Give your heart a break
Lemme give your heart a break
Your heart a break
There's just so much you can take

Give your heart a break
Lemme give your heart a break
Your heart a break
Oh yeah, yeah

The day I first met you
You told me that you'd never fall in love,"

   The lights went off when I finished the song. I had a big, stupid little smile on my face as the crowd cheered for me. I put my microphone in the stand and walked off the stage, to see the guys clapping. I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"Chin up Princess!" Niall said, taking my hand and spinning me around. I hears a few chuckles, and then giggled myself.

"No, but seriously, you did amazing," A female voice told me. I looked up at Katie and smiled at her.

  Her green eyes were bright with excitement. I walked over and hugged her, playfully messing with her hair. She slapped my shoulder and we both laughed.

  I felt arms wrapped around my waist, then lips kiss my hair.

"You were perfect," Liam's husky voice whispered.

"Oh. My. Gosh. THE Liam Payne just called me perfect. FANGIRLING!! I...can't... breathe...." I pretended to choke on air and made my body go limp in Liam's arms.

  I heard a lot of laughter and I had to bit my lip to keep from laughing out loud.

"If this is your idea of making yourself heavy, it isn't working," Liam said I opened my eyes and stood up, brushing myself off, then turning to look at him, my hands on my hips.

"Sure it wasn't," I rolled my eyes, then let them rest on Liam's brown eyes that I loved.

  I felt a finger poke my side as I let out a squeal and jumped like five feet in the air, slapping whoever had attempted to tickle me.

"Well damn..." Harry muttered, massaging his arm.

"Don't 'well damn' me. You should know not to tickle me Styles!" I told him in a harsh tone. He held his hands up in defense, and a laugh escaped my lips.

  I felt comfortable right now, with the people I love, on side stage. I just missed my mom, brother and dad.

  Tears entered my eyes at the thought of my dad. I quickly wiped them away.

"What's wrong babe?" Liam asked me, eyes full if concern as he  held my elbows and stood beside me.

"Nothing. I just wish my dad was here to see this," I explained, looking up and sniffling a bit, but refusing to cry anymore.

"Group hug!!" Niall yelled.

"AW!!" Zayn followed, as everyone around me tackles each other in the biggest group hug ever imaginable. I laughed after a minute and we just stayed there.

"Can't...breathe...." Katie chokes and we all let go and stood back, catching our breath from the gigantic group hug we just had.

----

  The boys sat onstage, singing 'Little Things', while Katie and I stood backstage crying while singing every word.

  They we're nearing Niall's solo which is -no offense Liam- my favorite part of the whole song.

"I'm in love with you and all these little things,"

Zayn sang, ending his solo and starting Niall's. My eyebrows furrowed together, when I saw his lips moving but no sound. I could faintly hear him singing because I was on side stage, but I'm sure no one else could hear him.

  I tried to figure our what was wrong, and so was Katie, but then it dawned on me.

"They turned off his microphone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 333 30
Samantha Montgomery has only one rule... never get involved with a fellow actor. That is until she set eyes on Liam Payne, the notorious bad boy from...
28.7K 775 32
Liam James Payne has a reputation. He's a player. Allergic to commitment, appreciative of pleasure and amusement, incapable of any kind of romantic r...
2.6K 37 37
What happens when a girl and her tryouts determine her love life? The whole world turns upside down. I'm Nicole and this is my story. Nicole ha...
746 26 18
Mitchie is desperately trying to get away from her abusive relationship. Luckily, her best friend Liam comes to her rescue. Will this be all there is...