Magi: Hiraeth

Por lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... Más

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

27: The Kou Empire

2.7K 124 49
Por lilyofthelamplight_

The Kou Empire

Yukiko and Aoren are together in one carriage along with Setsuna as a guard. They were all looking at the bustling capital city of Kou which is Rakushou.

Seeing the busy streets bustling with life and commerce brought quite the delight to the now Queen Yukiko's memories.

"It reminds me of Sindr--" Yukiko commented but just bit her lower lip before she could finish. The beautiful country that gave them shelter, the country that they love was just nothing but a lie. It still hurts Yukiko for she really fell for that glorious country that she holds dear in her heart.

"We can't go back to the past." Aoren suddenly stated after he saw the pain in his sister's expression. "There's nothing we can do about it. The only way is forward. Remember that you are Yukiko Heiwa. Along with your new found self, dispose of the old one that they tried to hold down without you knowing. This time, face everything head-on. Sacrifice the pieces that you need to for you are king." He gave her a smile then looked outside again.

"Pardon my interruption but, my Queen, did you bring your metal vessels with you?" Setsuna asked her as she holds onto her household vessel which is a sword.

"Of course. I promised you that I won't let go of it, didn't I?" She pointed at the sheathed katana that is tied on her side. "Here's Aini."

"I thought that you left them on the ship or with the Lords, Your Majesty? Pardon me but with those heavy robes your already wearing and eve carrying such heavy vessels too might take its toll on you." Setsuna expressed her worries.

"What about the others? We might suddenly encounter an incovenience. We may spark a little war seeing that this is a very powerful empire with superior military power." Aoren piped up, unconcerned of what Setsuna have said.

"Prince Aoren! I'm sure that you were the one who suggested this." She eyed him with a scolding tone. The Prince can't say anything but a meek sorry since she was right.

"Here's Eligor, Gusion, Procel, Malphas and..." she took out the curved knife from inside her clothes. "..Beleth. Kou will surely let me carry these since all their princes and princesses are carrying theirs. I wonder if Hakuei is present." Yukiko told them unaware that her brother is now being scolded by their appointed guard for acting on his own without informing her. Amidst the chaos that is in their carriage a voice was heard.

"We are nearing the imperial palace, Queen Yukiko, Prince Aoren!" Announced the coachman to them and surely, the huge palace was already within sight.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Yukiko and Aoren walked ahead of the Seven Lords and Setsuna as they uphold a dignified and proper posture. Aoren was walking with his long staff as Yukiko holds her arms infront of her chest, hands hidden in her sleeves.

The red carpeted floor stretched out as far as the eye could see and the pillars surrounding the throne room adorned with gold numbered to more than a hundred for sure.

They arrived at the foot of the stairs where the Emperor sits on top of his majestic dragon throne. The princes and a lone princess were all standing in the middle portion of the stairs, looking down at them.

"Emperor Koutoku, accept our apologies for being so terribly late to your summon." Yukiko bowed slightly as she did the salute of her country, along with the Seven Lords, Aoren and Setsuna.

The emperor gave a hearty laugh and gave them a nod. "I forgive your tardiness for I know you've been 'busy'. Let us spare the formalities." He said knowingly as he stood up from his throne.

"We will discuss about your objective over dinner. I believe that my eldest son has sent you a summon as well, no? You can attend to that first. But before I leave, let me introduce to you my children. I'm sure you've already met my second son Koumei so,"

"I'm Ren Kouha." The feminine looing boy with striking reddish pink hair  said simply as he just looks at her with a blank expression on his face.

Yukiko just replied with a small smile before turning her gaze to the eight princess of the Kou Empire: Kougyouko Ren.

"Well isn't it delightful to see you here, princess. Surprised?" She asked her as she gave her a closed eye smile similar to those of Aoren's.

"It's just a shame that we didn't get to say our goodbyes in Sindria. Ah, you probably hate me, no? Stealing King Sinbad's attention from you and all.." she opened her eyes slowly as her smile turned to a straight line. "But we don't have any connection to that small island kingdom anymore so rest assured, your highness. I just found out that that man is someone you shouldn't trust with anything." She warned her.

"Taunting someone younger than you? That's something new, Yukiko." Said a familiar voice from the side. She turned her head at the source of the voice and saw a red haired man with a goatee walking over to her, looking intimidating as ever.

"Still with that goatee I see, Kouen." She walked over to him and smiled. "I'm here as you wished. I hope I haven't made you wait for so long." Kouen just gave her a small smirk before letting out an almost unaudible chuckle.

"Kouen, I'll leave her to you. I need to go and rest in my room for awhile." Said the emperor as he exits the room.

"Then shall we go?" Kouen motioned her to follow her.

"Let me guess, to the library again? You never changed." She commented before following him. "Brother, I'll be going with Kouen for awhile."

"Wha--!!" Aoren was cut off when Setsuna stealthly covered his mouth before he voice out his protest.

"Then please allow us to escort you, my Queen." Murasaki requested. "We can't let you roam around an unknown place with no protection."

"Oh don't worry. I'm with Kouen." She assured the Lords and her brother as if Kouen is her bodyguard. Before they can protest again, the Yukiko already left their side and walked beside the waiting Kouen.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"The new Torran scroll that you have is a really interesting one." Kouen commented as he continues to read the scroll that Yukiko gave him.

"My people has been scattered around the world. It is only normal that they brought back such things. They told me to give it to you in hopes to get your favor. But I know for one that such things won't satisfy you." She replied as she watches him.

"Kouen, give me back all the slaves that Kou has that are the citizens of my country."

The red haired man then closed the scroll before standing up and walked towards her. He has a serious look on his face as he cornered her, trapping her with one arm.

"You've become quite bold, I see. A lot truly has happened in three years." He said in a serious tone as he stares at her emerald like eyes. "But the same interesting woman still." He leaned close to her.

"Kouen, I came here to retrieve my people. My people comes first than the world. Please take me more seriously or I'll definitely get angry."

"Oh?" He chuckled as he laced his fingers around her chin and tilted her head upward to come face to face to him. "That'll be the first thing we'll discuss after three years of being separated. You refused my offer of you being in an important position in our empire. I was truly disappointed when you rejected me flatly but now," he gave her his usual smirk that he thinks is a smile.

"..you've finally come back to me. I've been patiently waiting for your return. To think that the only woman I'm interested in decided to stay in Sindria than here with me. Don't you think I deserve a reward or a compensation?" He searched her expression for any cracks but he didn't even saw her flinch.

"Kouen, you're still saying that you're interested in me but you are implying it in the wrong way. You're interested in my power and knowledge but not my self as a woman." She sighed.

"You may be an imperial prince but I am still a Queen so please let me go." She turned her head away making him let go of her chin.

"Did the so-called Lady Killer of the Seven Seas played you like a fiddle in Sindria?" He asked as he leans back to look at her properly. He immediately saw how her expression changed into a pained one.

"As I thought." Kouen commented as he cross his arms. He decided to press further.

"Did he made you believe that he loves you? That must've been a really pityful thing to see. I was told that even Kougyouko likes that man. Was it painful after you learned about him just using you? I thought you're smart, Yukiko. I guess love makes a person an idiot as he drowns in it."

He was looking outside the window as he say those tactless words. When he turned to look at her again, he was surprised to see her face being stained by tears. She was just looking at him as tears kept on falling.

"That was really an idiotic part of my past. What's wrong in desiring love? I think I deserve it. To be loved by someone for I saw alot of things that will possibly be impossible to erase. I think I deserve to be happy." She said in a shaky voice before covering her face with her hands.

Kouen saw a fragile being infront of him, different from the Yukiko he once known. Kouen have had many women in his arms before but was not used to see women crying since such a thing is something that those women don't do. However, Yukiko was different.

He views her as someone who is a master of six djiins, once a princess of a fallen kingdom but now slowly rising back up again. A woman of wonder and curiosity. Caring in her own way and was always smiling.

But after he saw her like this, crying like she hasn't done it for the longest time, a sudden warm feeling pierced his heart as he unconciously reached out to her.

'How can a woman like this be treated so wrong?' He thought. She was his ideal. He brought down her hand that was covering her face before he gently placed his lips on hers. He has his eyes closed, but he can somewhat see her eyes that went wide in shock. He slowly pressed further, savoring it, as he pulls her closer to him before whispering:

'Stay here with me.'

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

78K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...
2.2K 89 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...
82.1K 3.1K 15
Hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was. In which a witch and siphon long for a place they never fully understo...
40.1K 1.3K 20
The phrase "keep your enemies close" is one the King of Sindria - untamed and proud - embraces when a skilled assassin chooses him as her next target...