So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 |...

By omgchele

Between juggling the struggles of being a teen parent, going to a new school in a new neighborhood, being rid... More

So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 {Synopsis}
Copyright Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Update PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 12
Leaving?
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Published Book Covers
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - THE END

Chapter 39

12.2K 464 529
By omgchele

Theodore III

I paced around my bedroom that next same night trying to wrap my mind around what just happened between Jaz and I and I can't seem to do it. I don't know what made us start kissing and I don't know what made us keep it going but we did. Part of me thought it would feel good, and it did at first but then it started to get weird. The more I kissed her, the more I thought about Aubrey and Majesty. But then towards the end, it got even weirder. I felt like I was kissing my sister and that's when I had to stop the kiss.

"I guess we both caught each other in a vulnerable state," I ranted. "I mean I'm not even into her like that. Me and Jaz are just friends, you know? We both got caught up in our emotions and just kissed each other."

I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking what it would be like if the two of us were together. I mean, Aubrey and Majesty did it so why couldn't we? I came to the conclusion after kissing Jaz that Aubrey and Majesty just don't give a damn. And they haven't known each other as long as Jaz and I have, so of course it wouldn't be weird to them. Nothing is weird to them since they don't have feelings but I do and I have some for Jaz, just not the same feelings she has for me. 

After the kiss, I don't see Jaz as anything to me other than a sister or a best friend. The two of us aren't cut out to be together. The thought of us kissing again or even sleeping together makes my skin crawl and she has to be feeling the same way as I do. 

"I'm sure she's gotta be feeling the same way I feel. But what if she's not? What if she liked the kiss and really wants to be with me?" I asked. "Maybe I should give her a call to see where her head's at 'cause I can't be walking around clueless. You know? Should I call her?"

I turned to Princess who was laying on my bed, just watching me pace back and forth across my room. I couldn't tell Lindsey this, or anybody in my family for that matter, since none of them want anything to do with Jaz. All of them hate her because they think she's plotting but I know she's not. I know they won't believe it though. Grandpa's got in their heads and made lies up about Jaz and I'm the only person that knows she's good. Princess might know she's good too, that's why I'm talking to her. She can't talk back to me, that's the issue.

"Should I call her?" I asked, walking over to Princess with my arms out to pick her up. Her eyes lit up and her lips turned into a large smile once she saw me walking towards her. I scooped her up in my arms. "What should I do Princess? This is serious," I said, looking into her eyes which only made her laugh more. "I'm gonna take your laughing as a yes then baby girl."

I reached into my pocket and pulled my phone out of it so I can call Jaz and get everything I've been thinking off of my chest since I left her house a few hours ago. Jaz is my friend and I can't keep this from her. What I'm about to tell her might hurt her feelings but she deserves to know how I feel.

"Hey, I didn't think i'd ever hear from you again since you just ran out of my house," she answered. 

I sighed. "I know and that's what I gotta talk to you about."

"Well I had to talk to you about it too," she responded. "You first."

"A'ight, well how do you feel about me Jaz?"

"I don't know," she mumbled. "How do you feel about me?"

"I don't know," I told her. "You know what, let me not lie. I didn't like the kiss at all. It wasn't that you didn't know how to kiss, 'cause you did, but it just felt weird. I don't know, maybe you felt the same way but I felt weird about the whole thing. Like it creeped me out kissing you. I felt like I was kissing Lindsey."

She took a deep breath. "Well I'm glad you feel that way because it kind of felt weird for me too."

"So why'd you kiss me?"

"I don't know, I guess I was just curious."

"You still curious?"

"No," she replied. "I was just a little curious but when I kissed you, that curiosity went away. I still like you as a brother but nothing more."

"So you friend zoning me?"

She laughed. "You just said it felt like you were kissing Lindsey, which is really suspect because how do you know what it feels like to kiss your sister."

I chuckled. "You know what I mean. So we good now? No more curiosity and no more kissing? We gon' keep it completely int he friend zone?"

"Yes and hopefully you can too. No more flirting with me and no more massages."

I smiled. "I'll think about that last one."

"No, I'm serious about the last one. That's what got us into this in the first place. No more massages and you need to keep your shirt on around me too. You can save that for which ever squallies you're dealing with but keep your shirt on. And I don't think we should get a room after Prom."

"How come? If you said you was cool with being friends then it shouldn't be an issue."

"It's not an issue, I'm just thinking about you," she replied.

"I'm good. Think about yourself."

"Alright, I will. Look, I gotta go but I really appreciate you calling me."

"No problem and just for the record, I don't have any squallies I'm dealing with. You the only chick I'm dealing with right now so I guess you're a squally."

"Whatever," she laughed. "Bye Theodore."

"Bye Jazmine." I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked down at Princess. "That was easy," I told Princess, who obviously had no clue what I was talking about. 

I walked over to my dresser so I could grab her bottle so I could take her downstairs to Lindsey. Donny and I have to step out for a few hours to handle some business for Grandpa, so I need Lindsey to watch her while I'm gone. Grandpa wants Donny and I to break into Aubrey's apartment and steal whatever valuable items he has in there. He probably doesn't have much aside from money, so that's really what I'm going in there to look for. And I know Aubrey and he's not the type of person to think about what he's doing. I'm more than sure he has all of his most valuable items stashed in his crib and all int he same place at his crib. I've been around Aubrey long enough to know the way he moves.

I pulled my bedroom door open, only to be met by Grandpa who was dressed in all black.

"You ready to head out?" he asked, following me down the hall to Lindsey's room.

I scrunched up my face. "Me and Donny getting ready to go. Where you going Grandpa? 'Cause I thought you said you were done with this life."

"I am but this is all apart of y'all's training. Since you and Donny handled things so poorly the last time I sent y'all out to handle some business, I have to put myself in and come with y'all to teach y'all what to do. Nobody's getting caught by the police on my watch, and the way things went down at EJ's warehouse, y'all could've easily been caught and waiting to get jailed right along side your little friend Aubrey."

"That ain't my friend."

He smirked. "Well you better be thinking that when we get to his crib today. I'm not dealing with no bitch niggas today, so don't get all caught up in your feelings. You feel me?"

"There's no feelings to get caught up in."

"Cool then we leaving in five so be ready and outside."

I nodded my head and continued down the hallway to Lindsey's room. I didn't bother knocking on the door, I just walked straight in and found her and Donny sitting on her bed.

"What the fuck is y'all doing?" I asked, walking inside.

Lindsey looked up at me and smiled. "Oh nothing, just talking. You getting ready to head out?"

"Well y'all kissing cousins doing something and you need to stay the fuck outta her room Donny. Don't let me catch you sneaking around here again and King said to be outside in five. He's coming with us tonight."

"Alright and we weren't doing anything kid," Donny smirked as he climbed out of Lindsey's bed. "Aye Linds don't forget you owe me some money for my services."

I scrunched up my face. "She don't owe you shit. And if it's money you want from her, I want some rent money from you since you been staying in my house for a week rent free, eating up my groceries, sucking in my air conditioning, using my hot water, burning up all my gas and electricity. Since we talking about money, where's mine?"

Donny smirked. "Now you don't gotta go getting all personal. I was just talking to Lindsey. I can't talk to my cousin now?"

I shook my head. "No you can't, especially when you tryna get with your cousin. You can't talk to her and you know if King catches you trying to talk to her again, he said he was gonna cut you off by the balls so then no female will want you. And if King doesn't get to you first, then I will. Stop bothering my damn sister."

"Alright, we'll stop talking to each other," Lindsey spoke up. "Can you leave now Theodore?"

I sucked my teeth. "Whatever. I'm leaving."

I quickly walked out of Lindsey's room and back down the hall to my own. Once I was in my room, I pulled my bottom dresser draw open and pushed all of my clothes off of the gun that was wrapped up in one of my shirts. I knew I was gonna need it tonight if we planned on breaking into Aubrey's crib, so I unwrapped it from the shirt and stuffed it in the back of my pants. Now that I know EJ's still alive, I need this with me at all times because my life will always be in danger. I pulled my shirt over the gun and walked downstairs so I could meet up with Donny and King.

I hurriedly walked down the spiral staircase since I knew Donny and King were waiting for me in the car. It had been well over five minutes since I walked to King but I knew he wouldn't leave without me. As soon as I hit the last step, Isaiah came from around the corner with a pair of black gloves in his hands.

"What's up?" I asked, stopping in front of him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I can't call it but I wanted to give you these. I know Grandpa doesn't care about added protection but you never know what's gonna happen and your prints can't be anywhere near that apartment."

I nodded my head and held my hands out so he could place the gloves on my hands for me. He's right. Grandpa wouldn't do anything like this. He just likes to go in with the hopes of never getting caught, and in the even that he does, he'll kill who ever gets in his way. Without any other words exchanged, Isaiah and I parted ways and I walked out of the house and into Grandpa's old pick up truck that he only used for times like these.

"'Bout time yo ass got outside," King commented as soon as I got in the car.

"I had something to take care of."

"Your family secure?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, as secure as they'll ever be," I sighed. I looked back at the house as King continued down the road. I knew I had to go out and protect my family but I just hate leaving them alone. I know Isaiah can handle himself if anything happens but what about Lindsey, Daniel and Princess? I know Daniel will do anything he can to protect Lindsey and Princess but he's only eight, and there's only so much he can do. I'd be devastated if something happened to Lindsey or Princess. They're the only women in my life that actually mean something to me. But if somebody was to get their hands on Princess, I'd have to kill them.

We drove the rest of the way to Aubrey's apartment in silence, aside from Grandpa bumping smooth jazz since he claims it helps to calm him before a big mission. I just sat in between Grandpa and Donny on the bench seat mentally preparing myself for anything that could go down tonight. Who knows, that whole thing about Aubrey being in the hospital in a coma could be a facade or it could be a set up for somebody to try to rob him. The warehouse burned up, meaning everything in it burned up as well. I know EJ's pissed about his money and probably had it all at the warehouse like a dumb ass so he might be after some money too. And what better place to steal it from than a dumb kid that's in a coma?

I mean, it'll be easy to take money from Aubrey. It'll be like taking candy from a baby. I just hope nobody has beat us to it already.

Grandpa cut the lights off on the car as he pulled into the parking lot of Aubrey's apartment building. Some of the apartment windows were lit up while others were completely black. Aubrey's had to be one of the dark ones since he hasn't been here for days. Grandpa pulled up in the back of the parking lot and parked his car facing forward so we could see every apartment.

"Which one is it Donny?" King asked as his eyes gazed around the quiet parking lot.

"Second floor, third apartment away from the steps."

King nodded his head. "Good, then let's go in. We're gonna get in there, get the money and shit and be right outta there boys. Ain't no police gonna catch us tonight."

We all climbed out of the car and moved across the parking lot, making sure to stay in the darkness. We didn't need any cameras noticing us or the car. We quickly walked up to the front of the building and walked right inside like we lived here. Nobody was even sitting at the front desk or in the lobby so we went right up the stair case. Man, I knew this would be easy. We climbed the steps to the second floor and got off to an empty hallway.

King pushed me forward, making me lead the way. I inched closer to Aubrey's apartment with King and Donny right behind me and my heart beating out of my chest. The closer I got, the more nervous I was beginning to get. But my nerves kicked into over drive when I approached the door that was slightly open. Aubrey would never leave his door open like this so somebody's either been in here or are in here right now. But I'm guessing they're in here right now, so I pulled my gun out of the back of my pants and cocked it.

I turned back to Donny and King. "Be on alert, somebody might be in here."

"We always ready," Donny commented.

I shook my head and turned back to the door. That nigga is always so trigger happy and ready to kill anybody in sight but maybe that's why Grandpa linked us together. Maybe Grandpa wants me to be the exact same way as him.

I used my elbow and I pushed the door open to a completely dark apartment, except for a light glowing towards the back. I squinted my eyes, taking a good look at things before I walked inside. It looks like nobody has been here for days. Dishes were piled up in the sink, mail was laying on the counter right along side a apple that looked like it had been rotting for days. I could even start to smell the trash that was over flowing. I stepped into the apartment, but as soon as I did, I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye.

I quickly turned around and looked at the big green purse laying on the table in the dining room.

"Somebody's in here," Grandpa whispered, walking over to the purse. "Y'all keep going, I'll stay out here and see who's this is."

I nodded my head before letting Donny catch up with me so we could get to the rest of the apartment. Before we even begin looking for the money, we had to get who ever was in here out and fast so I followed where the lights were coming from. I passed over a bedroom and a bathroom until I got to the bedroom the bright light was coming from. The door was slightly open so I looked in the small opening to see who was inside. It was a female and she looked disgusting. She was bent over in the closet, packing something up in a back pack.

"Look, she got the money," Donny whispered.

The girl turned around with two stacks of money in one hand and a back pack full of money in the other hand. She placed the back pack on the bed and continued stuffing the money into the already full bag. I still couldn't see her face though. Her greasy hair was covering her face along with a hat.

"Let's go in," Donny egged on, but I held up my hand.

"Not now," I whispered.

We had to plan this carefully before just going in here. There's no telling who this chick is and if she's packing or not. She's breaking into somebody's apartment taking their money so she has to be strapped unless she's an idiot. And she's been here before. Based on the way things looked when we got here, she's done this before and she knows the lay out of this apartment.

The girl zipped up the back pack and turned back to the closet. She quickly shut the closet doors and pulled the back pack up on her shoulder but she was struggling to do so. Damn. If there's more money still in the closet and she's struggling to put this back pack on her back, there's no telling how much money we could be walking out with tonight. The girl was obviously on her way out but she wasn't getting out of here without explaining herself first.

"Be ready," I warned Donny. "We're going in."

Before I could even prepare myself to go in, Donny kicked the door open, sending the girl flying back on her ass. She was struggling to get up with the heavy back pack on her back.

"Don't move!" Donny yelled, pointing the gun in her face.

"I-I'm sorry!" The girl yelled.

She kept her head low and her hands raised up high out of fear.

"Who are you?" I asked with my gun pointed towards her. If anything, this could be some fuckin' crack head. I don't need her getting any ideas.

"I-I'm sorry," she yelled again.

Donny pressed the gun deeper into her forehead. "That ain't what he asked. We asked you who the fuck you are, so look him in the eyes and tell him who the fuck you are or I'm blowing your fuckin' head off. You got five seconds or you 'bout to die. One. Two. Three. Fo--"

The girl looked up at me and that's when I noticed her. It was Majesty, looking like a crack head from off the streets. She looked worse than the last time I had seen her. She had been rocking greasy hair but now her clothes were all torn up and greasy and it smelled like she hadn't bathed in weeks so she was rocking a stinky coochie too. The sight of her made me want to throw up.

"T-Theodore?" she stammered.

Donny wrapped his finger around the trigger. "Bitch, I asked you who the fuck you are!"

"MAJESTY!" she yelled to Donny before turning to me. "T-Theodore, you gotta help me out! Don't shoot me please."

I took a deep breath, tightening my finger around the trigger of the gun. "Tell me how you got in here and maybe I'll think about it," I told her but that's when I saw the tears falling down her cheeks.

"Theodore, please! I didn't mean to do this again!"

I scrunched up my face. "What the fuck you mean again? You been up in here before?"

"Aubrey and I are sleeping together. I've been in here before. I-I planned on coming over here one day to surprise him but that was the night he got hurt. I didn't know so when I came over here, his closet door was open so I looked inside and saw all of the money. So, so I took some of it," she quickly replied.

I could feel my blood boiling the more she spoke. She's definitely not the same Majesty I was with a few months ago. The Majesty I was with would never do anything like this but I guess this is what happens when I cut these bitches off. They all start losing their minds. "And? What's the rest of the story bitch?" I asked.

"I-I found out Aubrey was in a coma so I planned on coming back over here to take some money off of his hands an--"

I didn't even let her finish speaking before I smacked her in the face with my gun. I couldn't stomach to hear her try to make sense out of anymore of her nonsense. She's a dumb bitch if she thinks I'm gonna go along with her taking money from Aubrey just to get it off of his hands. 

When my gun hit her in the mouth, blood and teeth flew out of her mouth, leaving her with a bloody mouth. Donny stepped back as I walked up to Majesty and picked her up by her greasy ass hair. I pulled her up off of the ground and tossed her on Aubrey's bed. 

"W-What are you go-gonna do to me?" she stammered, trying to spit out the blood that was filling up her mouth but it was hard to understand her. With her crying, a blood-filled mouth and missing teeth, she looked nothing like the Majesty I was with in the past.

"Oh, shit," Donny mumbled. "My nigga, we hit the jack pot."

I kept a firm grip of Majesty's hair as I turned back to Donny. He was standing in Aubrey's closet that was filled with turned over shoe boxes. Stacks of money were laying in the closet floor and falling out of the shoe boxes.

"Bag it up," I ordered.

"All of it?" Donny asked, pulling the roll of garbage bags out of the packet of his shorts.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, every last bit of it and don't forget this bag she was tryna take out of here."

Majesty scrunched up her face. "So this is what you do Theodore?" she asked, spitting more blood out of her mouth. "You can steal from him but I can't?"

"Bitch, fuck you. I can do whatever the fuck I want. You better be glad I'm sparing you."

She quickly looked up at me with bright eyes. "Sparing me? You're gonna let me go?" she cried, making me nod my head.

"Yes but only under one condition."

"I'll do it!"

"I know you know where he keeps his expensive shit. Right?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, some of it. I know he has some expensive watches and chains."

"Where?"

With her hair still in my grasp, she slightly turned back to his chest of draws. "In there in the to drawer under his socks. I know he hides a lot of shit in his draws."

"A'ight, then let's go over there."

I kept a firm grip of her hair and walked her over to the chest of draws. I didn't let go of her hair and I didn't even look through the drawers. I just started pulling them out of the chest, watching everything that fell out. Sure enough, a stack of chains, watches, bags of coke and two stacks of money fell out of the drawer. I scooped it all up in one hand but still made sure to keep Majesty on a short leash. She must be fucking crazy if she thinks I'm letting her get out of here alive tonight. She's crossed me once before and she's seen too much as it is. I need to end her before she gets the balls to snitch on me.

I continued with the next drawers until I got to the end, each time picking a few things up from each drawer until my pockets were filled with shit of Aubrey's. I can't wait to see the look on this niggas' face when he wakes up from his coma and realizes all of his shit is gone. I walked Majesty back over to the bed and watched as Donny picked up the last of the stacks of money and toss it into one of the garbage bags.

At this point, we had filled up two garbage bags full of money and my pants were stuffed with other valuable shit and more money of Aubrey's so we didn't need to look anywhere else in his apartment even though I'm sure Grandpa is out there investigating right now. 

"Do me a favor?" I asked Majesty.

"Whatever you want Theodore. You know I miss you and what we had, right?"

I shook my head. "Now's not the time for this Majesty. If you wanna get out of here with us, then you need to hand me another garbage bag so I can bag the rest of this stuff up. I'm gonna let you go, so grab the garbage bag and come back. A'ight?"

Once she nodded her head, I let go of her hair and allowed her to walk a few feet in front of me to grab the garbage bag out of Donny's hand. I planned on killing her before leaving tonight but I'm not going to shoot her. These apartments are too close to shoot her. Even with a silencer on the gun, somebody will hear the gun shot. And if I shoot her, I know blood will get all over me and I didn't bring a change of clothes. So I guess I'll just have to kill her the old fashioned way.

While Majesty was bent over taking the bag out of Donny's hand, I nodded my head towards him. He knew what was about to go down, so he snatched Majesty up by her hair and turned her around so she was up against his chest.

"Let me go! LET ME GO!" she yelled at the top of her lung, trying to fight Donny off of her but he was too strong to allow her to get out of his grasp.

I snatched one of the garbage bags out of Donny's hand, opened it up and wrapped it around Majesty's head.

"Theodore, please!" her muffled voice yelled through the bag but I didn't give a damn about her.

Majesty knows how Aubrey gets down, and no matter how innocent she might claim to be, Majesty's a piece of trash and she knows the ins and outs of the game. She was with Rich for two years and he was in the game selling, she messed around with me when I sold for MJ for a while and now she's messing around with Aubrey. Majesty knew what she was doing stealing from Aubrey and she was bound to get caught one of these days. I just can't believe she was dumb enough to believe she'd be getting out of here scott free. 

Even with Majesty squirming beneath us, Donny kept her still while I kept the bag covering her head but this was taking too long. We couldn't stay in here too long, so I handed Donny the bag to keep over her head while I reached down in my boot for my knife. I wanted to make this a clean kill. I pulled my knife out of my boot and put Majesty out of her misery. I stabbed her in the stomach first, then in the sides and finally in the chest. Blood was slowly starting to drip from her limp body as soon as I pulled away from her.

"What'chu want me to do with her Prince?" Donny asked, holding her body away from his body so he wouldn't get blood on himself.

"Toss that dirty bitch up in the closet and let's get out of here."

As Donny stuffed Majesty's dead body into the closet, I bent down and grabbed one of the garbage bags off of the ground and threw the back pack up on my shoulder. Donny closed the closet door with Majesty inside of it, grabbed one of the back of money and walked out of the room with me. But we were sure to turn off the lights before we did though. We wanted to leave things the way they'd be if Aubrey was in a coma and that's in complete darkness.

We walked out to the main part of the apartment and watched as King filled up a garbage bag, most likely with money and other expensive shit. "I hope you killed that filthy bitch Majesty," he said as he tied the garbage bag up.

"She's dead."

"Good. I'll have Isaiah and some of my men come over in the morning and get rid of the body for me. Y'all got everything?"

"Yeah," Donny and I both responded. 

"Then let's head out."

Before leaving the apartment, we turnedoff all of the lights and closed all of the doors. With me leadingthe way, I took Donny and King down the steps since I knew they'dlead outside. We couldn't take the risk of going out through theelevators so the steps were our only option. We hurried out of thebuilding with ease, placed all of the bags into the back of King'struck and took off out of the parking lot as if nothing ever happenedat Aubrey's crib.

Lindsey

The next morning, I stepped into Grandpa's office and saw him sitting behind his desk with a folder in front of him. Grandpa said he needed to talk to me and I knew it had to do something with Andre. Grandpa said he'd be able to give me some information on Andre within a week.

"Hey Grandpa."

"Sit down Lindsey, we need to talk."

I scrunched up my face as I sat down in the seat across from Grandpa. "What's going on? Did I do something wrong? Because I've been doing what you've told me to do. I've been seeing Aubrey every day and taking care of the kids like you asked me to. I've even been staying away from Adonis and trying to keep Theodore level headed."

He sighed. "It's not you. It's that fuck boy ass nigga Andre."

"He's dead Grandpa," I sighed but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't give a damn about his bitch ass. You see, I actually felt bad that he killed himself and left you and Daniel but you better be glad you dodged that bullet with him baby girl. Well, like I said, I did some research on him and I found some pretty interesting information."

I sighed. For the past week, I've been expecting the worse from Andre since Stephen said he was hiding a huge secret from me months ago. "Alright, just tell me Grandpa. I'm ready for it."

"You know that nigga had a kid with another woman?"

I scrunched up my face. "A kid? Who's the bitch he had the kid with and how old is the kid?"

He smirked. "That's the interesting part. Remember that Chanel bitch a few months ago that he claimed was his ex that kept following him?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, that's her?" I asked, trying to understand.

"Yup."

For months Andre had been telling me that Chanel was just a crazy chick that was stuck on him and I was dumb enough to fall for it. If I had known she wasn't just some crazy ex following behind him, I wouldn't have fought her. I would've let her take him because why would I want Andre after he's played me and had a child with her? For years, he had been telling me he was faithful to me even when we weren't together. I always suspected he'd be out sleeping around with other women but I didn't think he'd fuck up and get one of them pregnant.

I took a deep breath. "How old is the kid?"

"Two," Grandpa stated matter-of-factually. "See, this is why I told you not to fuck around with this fuck boys baby girl. But Andre had all of us fooled with that church boy act. I've been telling you for years to watch his ass because he was keeping secrets and always suspicious to me. I told you to watch him because Preacher's Kids are always the worse. But don't be surprised about the baby and don't be shocked he didn't tell you. How do you think his parents would've reacted if they knew about the kid? Because they know nothing about the kid or his baby."

"Are you gonna tell them?"

"No. That's none of my business. It's up tot hat Chanel girl to grow some balls and tell his family about the baby," he replied. "Don't be sad baby girl because you didn't know. Even though you were raised by two crazy niggas, you didn't turn out so badly. Andre missed out on you and what you have to offer. You're smart, you're loyal and you're a down ass chick just like my Sincere was. Women like you don't come around often so get used to having to deal with fuck boys. They're all around but don't let them slow you down. Just make sure you get your money and take care of your family because that's all that matters right now, not these niggas."

"Thank you but being down, smart and loyal really hasn't gotten me far Grandpa. I don't even have a man and I don't have any chasing after me Grandpa. And I'm not getting any younger."

"You've got your entire life to find a man but that's not what we're trying to do right now. We gotta make sure Theodore's on track and he should be finished with his training and California in a few months. And once y'all move out to Atlanta, you can find a guy that I approve of and can do a background check on and then you can settle down. It's all a process Lindsey, cool?"

I sighed, nodding my head. "Yeah," I mumbled. "So what are we gonna do about the baby mama?"

"Nothing. We aren't getting involved in any of that messy shit. We already got enough shit on our plates and we don't need anymore of it, especially if it doesn't involve any of us. Be glad Andre is dead so you won't have to continue getting lied to and played for a fool. And be glad you didn't get too involved with him either. You know once he was finished with Med-School, that girl was gonna clean his pockets out with child support every month and for the months he's been missing. Y'all would've been broke so be glad you and Daniel dodged that bullet. He wasn't the right one for you baby girl."

"Alright, thanks for telling me Grandpa," I said as I stood up. Even though I was upset about what I found out, it was good not being in the dark anymore. I deserve to know the truth about Andre. While I was too busy looking to have a perfect relationship with him by being honest and wearing my heart on my sleeve, he was playing me for a fool.

"Oh and before you go Lindsey, I need you to do something else for me."

"Sure, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing is going on, I just have a bad feeling about something. Shit's been too quiet lately and I got a feeling it has something to do with that bitch Theodore done laid down with. She's been too quiet since Theodore's had Princess the past few weeks. I know she's a fucked up mother but even a fucked up mother wants to have their child every once in a while to help ease their guilty consciences and as far as I know, she hasn't made any attempts to get Princess."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Some shit is brewing and I know she's the main culprit. Y'all better watch that bitch before she sneaks y'all. And you need to get on Theodore's ass about getting full custody of Princess before that bitch tries to do it before him."

"And what about those girls trying to say he kidnapped Princess?"

"He can't kidnap a child he has partial custody of, especially when the mother ain't attempting to take the child off of his hands. That stupid ass case they're trying to build up against him won't work because it's dumb. And those dumb bitches won't get Princess. I'm not gonna let it happen because she wouldn't be this sick right now if it wasn't for that bitch neglecting her. Don't let them get custody of Princess because she'll be dead sooner than expected."

I nodded my head. "Okay, I'll start getting the paper work filled out today and start making some calls while he's at school."

"Alright, one more thing."

"What's up?"

"It's Adonis' last day in California. You won't see him again until the summer," he smirked, just trying to pick a fight.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up. "That has nothing to do with me Grandpa. I'm not interested in him, remember?" I smirked.

He chuckled. "You better keep it that way."

"I will."

I walked out of Grandpa's office and hurried back upstairs. Adonis had been staying with us for two weeks and I was actually sad to see him leaving so soon. Aside from him constantly flirting with me, I'd actually grown to know him and like him. He's actually a lot different when he's not trying to hit on me and he is cute. It's a shame we're cousins.

I walked back upstairs to my room and found Adonis sitting on my bed where I left him. 

"I didn't think you'd be back so soon," he commented, never looking away from his phone. "I know King likes to talk a lot sometimes."

"We didn't have a lot to talk about. Shouldn't you be getting ready to leave?"

"I'm packed up. My flight is later tonight so I'm just waiting on that. Why? You want me to go?"

I smiled. "No, I was just wondering."

He finally looked away from his phone and turned to me. "Oh, your wondering ass owes me some money too. Don't think I forgot about it last night."

"You said you wouldn't charge me."

"I changed my mind when Theodore started threatening me."

I laughed as I grabbed my purse off of my bed and pulled out my wallet. "What? Don't tell me you're afraid of a 17 year old."

"I'm not but there's no telling what he can do. I know I've only been here for two weeks but I've seen the way he gets when he gets mad and I don't need him getting mad at me."

"What happened last night?" I asked.

"He just sta-- Nothing," he shook his head. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

I handed him the twenty dollars I owed him. "You can tell me Adonis."

"Nah, you're trying to get me caught up Lindsey. You're trying to sweet talk me into telling you what happened last night and it's confidential. Don't go batting your pretty ass eyes at me to get your way 'cause it's not gonna work this time. You look at niggas the same way you look at me to get your way or something?"

"No. I just wanna know what the fuck y'all had my brother doing last night."

"Aye, watch who you talking to ma. I didn't do shit to your brother. He made decisions on his own. I didn't even know the bitch!"

"Well you sure seem hurt over the bitch."

He scrunched up his face. "I never sweat a bitch."

"Then why you sweating this one?"

"Because I heard him talking about this bitch before. It just kind of fucked with me the way he did her."

"Based on the way the females in his past have treated him, she probably deserved it though."

He chuckled. "Yeah, she deserved it."

"Which bitch was it? Ugly ass Tee Tee? Fat ass Nicole? Or slimy ass Majesty?"

He smirked. "Slimy ass Majesty and that's all I'm telling you. Don't go running your mouth to nobody either Lindsey."

I smiled. "I won't and thank you for the information Donny."

He took a deep breath as he starred at me. "You know I just can't resist you Lindsey. You just so fine baby girl so I can't keep anything from you."

"Don't call me baby girl, little cousin."

He frowned. "Whatever. Little cousin my ass. Who knows, we could be the next Jay and Beyonce or Will and Jada. Blood don't mean nothing anymore."

I scrunched up my face as I stood up from my bed. "Alright and now it's time for me to go. I know how you feel about me Donny but you know we can't ever be together. You need to stop getting so caught up and I hope while you're out in Atlanta you find a nice girl so that it won't be weird like it is now between us."

With that, I walked out of my room and took a deep breath. I really didn't want him to go but maybe it's for the best that he leaves and goes back home to Atlanta. With the way he's talking about the two of us, there's no telling what he'll do if he stays here any longer. 

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

300+ Comments.

How was this chapter? How do you guys feel about the way Jazmine and Theodore kept their relationship? Are they better off as friends? How do you guys feel about the way they robbed Aubrey's apartment? Was Majesty in the wrong place at the wrong time or did she get what she deserved? How will EJ feel when he comes looking to rob from Aubrey too? How do you guys feel about Andre actually having a baby with the Chanel girl he was constantly denying in the last book? How do you guys feel about Adonis?

Adonis is in the MM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 42.3K 21
Based on a blog post from Lashuntrice Bradley, being a sideline is like your favorite food. It's good while we're eating it, although, once it's gone...
67.8K 2.1K 36
[Highest ranking #85] "Your family killed my mother for no reason plus I'm a pathetic weak girl, so don't expect us to be friends even if we have to...
353K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...
1.9M 46.2K 47
Linette Cyan did not expect to give up her ordinary nineteen year-old life as wedding dowry in an arranged marriage. Engaged to a charismatic and com...