Mixtape | Malum

By prettyboymalum

The one where Calum and Michael accidentally bump into each other and misplace each others' mixtapes. - Side... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
Character Ask
Character Answers
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
Character Visuals
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
Book Trailer
LI
LII
LIII
FCK
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII

XXXI

751 47 50
By prettyboymalum

Calum's parents wouldn't leave him alone. He spent the entire day trying to avoid talking to people, but he wasn't getting anywhere with it. Due to being a soccer player and having such a high level of popularity, he had little to no free time. Yet he somehow managed to break the rules by spending moreandmore time with Michael. He was starting to regret everything, worse than he did when he left.

"Calum, come on, you have a team meeting at two, practice at three, a game at six, and a dinner date at nine," Joy spoke away, sipping the wine in her fancy glass cup that only made the brunette feel worse about himself. All they had was money, and money was the only thing that could define them, as they had awful personalities and wasted away their youth by believing that life is nothing without a piece of paper.

"What do you mean I have a dinner date?"

"Oh son," David spoke with such bluntness, a small fake smile plastering across his face, "I found you a pretty girl that you may take interest in."

"No thanks," Calum spat, his tone of voice laced and edged with agitation, yet his parents continued to ignore it the way they ignored his feelings. No, he didn't come out as bisexual, and he definitely wasn't planning on doing so for a while. But the fact that he asked what if, and they acted like the possibilities were unlikely, made his chest ache. It wasn't fair that other kids and teenagers and adults and human beings had perfect lives, accepting parents that didn't control everything they did, and knew when something was wrong with their mental health. For Calum, it seemed as though they cared about nothing aside from soccer and making sure he had a proper girlfriend.

"You're going on the date, Calum, whether you like it or not."

"You'll love her, dear."

"Can I at least get a name so we have a proper greeting?"

"No, not until the time has come. Patience is key, son. We raised you better than that."

It was all the brunette had to hear before he rolled his eyes, stormed back into his room to immediately watch the video that Michael uploaded on YouTube. He had quite a lot of DIYS to catch up on, yet looking for Michael's video was the first thing he did. And he watched it, letting the tears fall down his cheeks as he realized that the lilac boy was talking about him, and that only made matters worse and unfortunate.

"It's one thirty, get dressed so we can get you to your meeting on time!" Joy yelled from the bottom of the stairs, and the Maori only sighed, because this isn't how he wanted to live his life. He was sad, unhappy with the way he treated others, and he wanted to do something about it. But as long as he was living under the roof of his parents, there was absolutely nothing he could do to make even a slight difference.

-

Calum wasn't nervous for his date. In fact, he hardly showed any emotions. Joy made him pick out an awful outfit, which was far too fancy for his liking. Tuxedos weren't comfortable in his opinion, nor were the loafers he had on his feet. And the tie was yellow, one of his least favorite colors. He had no idea what his mother was thinking.

When he arrived to the restaurant, he expected to see a model with the way his parents described her. He expected to see a female with glossy, red lips that weren't chapped at all, long, flowing hair, a hundred dollar sparkling dress that made the entire world around her look down at their outfits in shame, and high heel stilettos. But instead, he saw the complete opposite, only prettier.

"H-Hey, my name is Calum, nice to meet you."

The girl in front of him laughed, and it seemed like a laughter he has heard before, but one he couldn't quite recognize as easily. She shook her head before telling the brunette to sit down, which confused him even more. Why did he recognize her voice?

"No need to tell me your name. I already know who you are."

"That's kind of creepy," Calum laughed, trying to ease the awkward tension in the room as he scanned over how she looked. She had blonde curls, eyelashes longer and bigger than his confidence, a red dress that looked as though she bought it at Walmart. It wasn't all that great. And her makeup, it looked kind of caked on, though he wasn't going to judge her for it. It's not like she did it to impress Calum, but because she liked the way it looked on her. That's one thing he understood.

"Creepy suits me." She shrugged her shoulders, just before laughing again, gripping a hold of the tanned boy's arm to lead him out of the expensive restaurant that they apparently weren't going to eat in.

"Uh, not to be rude or anything, but where are we going?"

"Somewhere you can discover the real me."

Calum was scared that when she said that, she meant getting laid. He wasn't interested in having sex again, not after what happened with Michael. He cared and worried too much about hurting the boy again that he didn't bother with it. Doing something without a care in the world wasn't him, or at least not anymore. It was time for a change.

"So you're telling me, we are going to sit on the hood of a random car and stare at the mountains in front of us?"

"Nah, that's really fucking lame," she chuckled, her smile not once leaving her features, "I actually just brought you here so I could do this."

Calum felt awkward, assuming again that she was going to pull a move on him by placing her lips on his, but instead, he received the unexpected. She grabbed a wash cloth from the leather jacket covering her red dress, drenching the miniature towel with her plastic water bottle. In quite a short amount of time, her face was make-up free, leaving the brunette surprised. She looked like somebody he knew, as well. And just as he was putting the pieces together, she slipped off the blonde wig that was itching her scalp, pulling off the bald cap and letting her pink hair run free.

"Raine?"

"Surprise."

"I don't understand. H-How?" Calum was completely choked up, feeling confused in all sorts of ways as the female who yelled at him a couple of days ago and ditched him to pay an ice cream bill for four people, was right in front of him, on a fake date.

"I know people," Raine shrugged, "I'm pretty sure you know that dresses and makeup aren't my thing, but here I am."

"Finally come to your senses to realize that I'm hotter than you thought I was?" Calum grinned, a small smile cracking on his lips as he thought about how coincidental it was that someone who's into the same sex managed to land a day with the brunette.

"And to think I thought you'd stop being a jackass for a night," Raine stated bluntly, "typical Calum, I guess."

"Sorry. Can you at least tell me how you managed to pull this off?"

"Like I said, I know people, people that know your parents and I'm pretty manipulating, if you haven't noticed by now. And besides, I did this because you and I need to have a little chat."

Calum gulped, knowing that this little chat involved Michael and how he left him after they had sex. How he's been treating him lately, how he needs to turn himself around in order to win the pale boy over. And quite frankly, he was ready to take in everything Raine had to say. He was ready to listen and not blank out for once. Despite the fact that the mountains are gorgeous and the sunset is breathtaking, what Raine had to say about Michael was way more important than everything else.

But rather than talking, the first thing she did was punch him in the stomach. It caught Calum off guard of course, as he was expecting to get some sort of lecture because she acted like she was his mother. The brunette clutched onto his stomach in pain, while she laughed bitterly and grabbed a cigarette out of her back pocket. It was the second time she planned on smoking, and hoped that it would be the last as well.

"You smoke?"

"Only when life is kicking my ass," Raine sighed, "I am also having trouble with getting the person I want. She's just so ugh, and I'm just so ugh, and we're completely compatible but not compatible at all."

She blew the smoke into the air, calum coughing slightly because secondhand smoke did exist, and he didn't want to get lung cancer because a friend(?) was being careless. What he could label her is something he wasn't sure of.

"Anyway, Calum," Raine said, lighting up her cigarette again, "I wanted to make an offer with you."

"What is it?"

"I'll be your fake Valentine's Day date to please your parents if you take Michael on a proper and real date after I meet them."

"I-"

"No, Calum. If you really want to make it up to Michael, then prove it. You can't just tell him you love him after having sex and then not act on your feelings. Do something about it."

"I could say the same for you."

"Fine, I'll talk to my crush and I'll pretend to be your date if you take Michael out on a real one and fix things with him," Raine commented, sticking her hand out for Calum to take.

The brown eyed glory smiled, placing his hand in Raine's. "Deal."

-

A/N;

Ok so there's that. Another Calum chapter bc it's usually mostly Michael.

Thoughts?

This took like an hour to write bc I'm watching "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and it's one of my favorite movies so it was hard focusing on both. (Idk why I couldn't wait to update, I just had the thought in my head and needed to write it before I forgot.)

Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote, please and thank you! Ily all. 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 2.6K 34
in which michael falls in love with a robber, who was also his kindergarten best friend? story idea credit: lhemmingsdaily :)
266K 11.2K 33
Michael and Calum hate each other but what happens when they find themselves locked in their school after detention? Will their true feelings finally...
11.1K 596 32
Where Calum has terrible wifi, so him and Michael have to resolve to endless texting instead. - A cute Malum texting story! - - Completed! -
304K 18.4K 31
[ SEQUEL TO 'COLLABORATION' ] ❝ the wifi connection here sucks ❞ ❝ but that's not important if the connection between us works perfectly ❞ - in which...