Just to Get a Glimpse » Super...

By soIarfIare

Sam comes into the bunker carrying food bought in a shop. He hears his phone ringing but doesn't react. He ne... More

GOODBYE.
Just to Get a Glimpse
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45

43

602 13 5
By soIarfIare

( BEING A WINCHESTER )

VOLKSWAGEN
[ ☾]

Sam, Elena, and Good Charlie are in her VW on the way to see if Clive Dillon is still alive. Sam's phone rings and he answers it. "Dean. Hey, hold on. I'm putting you on speaker. What happened?" He asks.

"It's over." Dean says.

"What do you mean, 'it's over'?" Elena asks.

"She got to Russell. She killed him." Dean says.

Charlie's eyes gather tears. "Oh, my God." She says.

"Charlie, if you can hear me, I'm so sorry." Dean says.

"It's not your fault. It's mine."

"No, no, no. don't—don't say that. This is not on you." Dean says.

"All right, let's, uh—let's try and stick to the plan, guys." Sam says.

"Did you guys find a way back to Oz?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. Uh, look, t-the Man of Letters who originally found the key—he's still alive." Sam says. "He lives in Junction City under the name Michael Carter. I'll text you the address. Just come meet us."

"All right. I'm on my way." Dean's at the bar staring at a shot as he hangs up the phone.

"Are you gonna stare at that all night?" The Bartender asks.

"I'm pacing myself." Dean says.

"She's cute." Dark Charlie appears behind him and takes a seat in the stool next to him.

"You lied to me." Dean says.

"You lied to yourself. That's kind of your move. Something's off about you, though, isn't it?" She asks. "It's always something with you boys."

"I've made mistakes. But I'll pay for mine. And you'll pay for yours."

"Come on, Dean." Charlie says. "I'm not the monster here. He was. He got what he deserved. You know I'm right. You know what I learned about being dark? It sets you free. And part of you knows that's right, too."

CLIVE DILLON'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

"Hello?" He asks at the door.

"Clive Dillon?" Charlie asks.

"No. My name is—"

"Michael Carter, right. But it was Clive Dillon, wasn't it?" Elena asks. "Back in the Men of Letters? Back in Oz?"

"You seem to be confused. There's no Clive Dillon here. And Oz?" Clive asks. "That's just a fairy tale. It's best left on the bookshelves where it belongs."

"So you've never seen this before?" Charlie holds out half of the Key to Oz."

BAR
[ ☾]

"Enjoy." The Bartender says as she places the drinks in front of Dean. She walks away.

Charlie watches her go. "Delicious." She says.

"All right, listen, Dark Charlie." Dean says.

"Oh, grow up. There's no right. There's no wrong. There's just us...And them." She says.

"Yeah, well, there's not gonna be a you for very much longer." Dean says.

"Uh-oh. Did princess me find a way back to Oz?" Charlie asks.

"That's right. Yeah, a former Man of Letters, retired, in Grantville, two towns over." Dean says. "They're gonna fix the key to Oz, find the wizard, and put you back to where you belong."

"Back into Charlie? Is that where I belong? Well...Hm. We'll just see, won't we? In the meantime...if you're not gonna ask her..." Charlie indicates the hot bartender. "...to dance, then I will." Dark Charlie follows the bartender to the back.

Dean contemplates his shot and almost takes it until he sees the hot bartender come out from the back to restock the bar. "What happened, did my friend strike out?" He asks.

"Your friend? She just left out the back door." She says.

Suddenly Dean hears the rumble of Baby's engine being revved. He runs outside just in time to see Dark Charlie drive off in the Impala. "No, no, no, no! Oh, you son of a bitch! Damn it." He pulls out his phone. "Sam?"

Sam speaks on the phone. "Hey. Where the hell are you?" He asks.

"Dick Charlie just hot-wired Baby. She thinks she's on her way to you." Dean says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"I told her the wrong town, so I probably bought you a little time, but, uh, just be on the lookout." Dean says. "I'll be there as soon as I can jack a ride."

"Thanks. Hurry." Sam says.

Elena leans in to the phone. "And be careful." She says.

"Always am." Dean hangs up and looks for a car to hijack. "Ah." He sighs in satisfaction when he finds an open car door.

CLIVE DILLON'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

Dillon, Elena, and Good Charlie are talking about the keys. Sam stands, looking around. "The six keys of Oz were forged from Oz steel. They can only be repaired in that magical realm." Clive says.

"So there's no going back? I can't put my darkness away?" Charlie asks.

"I'm sorry."

"What happened to you in Oz?" Sam asks.

"It's in my report." Clive says.

"Your report just said you were kidnapped. By whom?" Elena asks.

"Bad people." He says.

"I know that look. You're lying. And lying is—" Charlie says.

"—bad. Yes, I know. What happened to you, my dear, happened to me."

"What?" Charlie asks.

"A coven of witches grabbed me. They used the inner key on me, unleashed my ID." Clive says. "He was awful. He killed all the witches and went into a tantrum. Was power-hungry, crazy. He became the wizard of Oz."

"Frank's daughter, Dorothy, runs Emerald City now. The wizard, dark you, he is right by her side. If—if—if she's in trouble—"

"Well, without the key to Oz, there's no way we can get back to the wizard. But...There may well be a way...to summon him here." Clive pulls a gun out from a drawer. "If I am mortally wounded, he'll have to come back here to save us both."

"Wait, wait, wait. There has to be another way." Charlie says.

"What he has done is my fault. After all, he is me, and I am him, so...Maybe it's time that both of us answered for our sins. It's the good thing to do, right? Right?"

Dean pulls up in the minivan he stole, with Dark Charlie right behind him in Baby. "I figured you'd lie about where to go to next. That's what I would do." She says.

"What the hell do you want?" Dean asks.

"I just want to talk to her." Charlie says.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere near her. I'm not gonna let you corrupt her." Dean says.

"Corrupt her?" She asks.

"You take one more step, I'm gonna put you down." Dean says.

"There's the Dean I love."

This scene alternates between Dean and Dark Charlie in the ext. of Dillon's house fighting, and Sam, Elena, and Good Charlie inside of Clive's house with Clive Dillon and Dark Clive/Wizard of Oz.

"Aah!" Clive exclaims. A green glow starts emanating from a mirror in the room. The mirror shatters outward and the Wizard of Oz steps into the room. He looks down on Good Clive with disgust.

"What have you done, you fool?" The Wizard asks. Sam points his gun at the Wizard, who takes it away and ties him up with Ozian magic ropes. "You had but one task—stay alive. And you couldn't even manage that."

"Aah!" Charlie screams as her mouth is suddenly bleeding, and she looks at Sam, panicked.

Outside, Dark Charlie and Dean are fighting. "You hit like a girl who never learned how to hit." Charlie says.

"Aah!" Good Charlie yells.

"That's it, big boy. Let it all out." Dark Charlie says.

"Ow! Ow!"

"Stop this, please! Let me help my friend." Sam says.

"Your friend wanted to be a hero. And you know what happens to heroes? They die." The Wizard starts Force-choking Sam.

"You hurt my friend." Dean says.

"I learned it by watching you." Charlie says. Dean gets Dark Charlie and breaks her arm.

"Aah! Ow!" Good Charlie points the gun at Good Clive. "I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. We both do." Charlie shoots Good Clive, killing him and the Wizard.

"Charlie, hang on. Hey, you okay?" Sam begins carrying Charlie outside. "Dean! Dean!" Dean stops fighting as Sam places Charlie next to the darkness of her. Dean looks at his bloody hand.

Dark Charlie turns to Good Charlie, whom Sam has lain next to her. "You did it, didn't you? You killed the wizard. I knew it. The magic was in you all the time. Celeste." She says.

Sam gives Charlie the Key, and she opens her soul. Dark Charlie gets sucked back in, clothes and all. He cradles Charlie. "Charlie. Charlie. Hey. I got you. It's okay. It's okay."

In the bunker library, Sam's on the phone and Dean sits at the table behind him. "Yeah, he's, uh, he's better. I mean, he's calmed down now. Cas, we got to—we got to find Cain, or...We got to find something, you know?" Sam says. "Right. Yeah, I know. I hear you. Okay. You got it. All right. Thanks." Sam hangs up the phone as Charlie enters the library. "Hey. Uh, shouldn't you be resting up?"

"I think sleeping for two days in a row is probably enough." She says.

"So...are you..." Elena starts.

"Good? Bad? I think I'll just settle for balanced." Charlie says. Dean watches from the table and then goes back to his research. "Anything about the Mark?"

"Yeah, maybe. I found this book. It's a lore book—'The Book of the Damned'." Sam says.

"Sounds legit." Charlie says.

"It's in a library somewhere in Tuscany. It might be a dead end, but I figured..." Sam starts.

"I'll go check it out." She says.

"Whoa—" Sam starts.

"Look, there's no going back to Oz. And with the wizard gone, Dorothy will be fine."

"So, does this mean no more adventure?" Elena asks.

"I think we have all the adventure we can handle right here." Says Charlie.

"What about—"

"Dark Charlie? She's, uh...Quiet. I just got to keep moving forward. We all do." Charlie goes to Dean at the table.

"Charlie, I..." Dean starts.

"We are going to fix this. I'm not letting what happened to me happen to you." She says.

"But it's already happened." Dean says.

"Cain found a way to live with it." Sam says.

"Right. Yeah, after centuries of murder."

"Yeah, well, there's one thing that you have that he didn't." Charlie says. "You're a Winchester. I forgive you, Dean."

Dean stands up. "Yeah, well, I don't." He says.

"I know. Kind of your move. How's that working out for you, huh?"

"I'm so sorry, kiddo." Dean says.

"Then prove it." Charlie says as Dean envelopes her into a hug.

"Be careful out there." Sam says.

"Does that sound like either of me? If I find something, I'll call. If not...I'll just keep digging." Charlie says.

"Charlie, thank you."

"Arrivederci, bitches." Charlie leaves up the stairs.

"You good?" Sam asks.

"No." Dean says.

"She's right, Dean. You can do this. We can do this." Elena says.

"Then let's get to work." Dean look at his hand, which is no longer shaking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 417 39
This is book 2 in the Her Hunter series Dean and Elena had been on the road together happy. Saving people. Hunting things. The family business. Bu...
791K 16.9K 115
Book 1 " Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they were once before." Elen...
124K 4.1K 49
Dean chokes on his drink when he sees her and Bela watches him warily. Sam looks at his girlfriend and wears the biggest smile. "Kind of dramatic fo...
36.8K 576 21
Cassandra Winchester...or as she's most preferred as The Forgotten Winchester. She's Sam and Dean's little sister but the thing is, she's forgo...