What Lies Ahead [Mako Mermaid...

By TheyCallMeSpeedy

Rey, Lucy and Ella were the three best pranksters in all of California only because they has a huge secret; t... More

Characters
BEFORE THE STORM
NIGHT 1 & DAY 2
DAY AND NIGHT 3
DAY AND NIGHT 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11 (& A HUGE A/N)
Day 12
Day Thirteen
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
After The Storm

DAY 1

1.2K 24 1
By TheyCallMeSpeedy

A/N: Hey so how'd you like "Before The Storm"? Okay so maybe it was kinda long but I thought that it needed the extremely long. Just so you guys know, Mea is similar to Mako Island and all the hand positions for their powers are like in Mako Mermaids and H2o. Enjoy Days one and two of the prank wars. Also note that Mimmi is the same Mimmi from Mako Mermaids :-) , XX -I.A.E

ELLA'S POV

"I'LL GET IT!" I yelled at Lucy and Rey while they ran off with Mimmi's unwanted book.

I opened the door to see Chase, Max, Jacob, Luke and Kyle standing holding each a suitcase and a backpack each.

"Oh hey guys come in. Wow you guys came really prepared" I said in shock. There was way more. "So the bedroom is upstairs, we have three bunkbeds. Don't ask why we just do. There is lots of space so you guys will have some space to move. Also DO NOT open the bathroom door if one of us runs in there and DO NOT go in our rooms unless we let you in. Strict me- uh mea magic makers rule."

"Whoah okay there control freak" Kyle said as he walked up the stairs to his room. I sighed and walked out of the room and upstairs into Rey's room.

*knock*knock*knock*

"Hey its me guys open up." I mind messaged them.

"Okay one second. Uh Luce is in mermaid form, oh she cloaked now come on in." Rey messaged me back

I opened up the door and walked inside locking it behind me.

"Hey you okay? What happened up in here?" I asked walking in to see a mermaid Lucy on the floor and water everywhere. Rey was on the bed trying to levitate a glass of water and clean up the mess but it wasn't quite working.

"Sorry, I was trying out my moon ring but it kinda went astray when Lucy walked in and it spilt" Rey confessed trying to act innocent.

I laughed and helped steam dry the water on the floor. When she was finally back in human form we all split up in our rooms so we could plot for tomorrows pranks.

"Okay so first thing at 6:30 tomorrow am, we swim out to Mea so the boys think we've gone missing. Leave the front door open and make as many footprints in the sand as possible." Lucy said.

"Okay cool so then they will come looking for us and around 7:30 when they are freaking out , we cloak ourselves then we need to get back in the house somehow so we act normal" I added.

"Wait wait wait. I have an even better idea. What if we cloak ourselves at 6:59 precisely we make noises to seem as if we were being stolen from our rooms and leave all the doors open. That way they think its real and they freak out even more. So then we steal some of their stuff that could be more 'valuable' per say. Then we can either swim to Mea or just hang out around making sure their cloaked and then we suddenly appear in the kitchen 'knocked out'. I dont know but that all just came to me." Rey said

"Cool I love it! Okay set your alarms people because we are about to break rules and go full out for our first day of pranks!" Ella added.

"K-kay guys good night. Luv y'alls" Rey said

There was a chorus of goodnights and then it felt like no time until my phone went off.

"GUYS WAKE UP!" I mind shouted at them

"Okay okay no need to shout El." Rey said bitterly.

"WE woke up and cloaked ourselves. I opened my laptop and checked some of the cameras I had installed around the house, specifically one in the boy's room. Lets just hope they changed in the bathroom. Either way, they were all asleep aside from Max who was in the bean bag chair but he looked half dozed off. Perfect."

"Hey the coast is all clear. Their still asleep. Wow they do not take these prank wars very seriously in Vegas"

It had just turned seven o'clock and we opened our doors quietly. WE each took a tee shirt from our doors and made muffled screams with it. Although we were cloaked, I used my powers to open all the doors. We all looked at each other since we could see each other and we almost gagged in laughter.

Lucy was the one who stayed behind to take some of the boys' stuff and our plan was already working.

LUCY'S POV

I walked upstairs to see Max running out of their room looking panicked

"WHAT! LUCY! REY! ELLA!" Max said

Luckily for me he left the door wide open so it was easy. I walked in to see all of their clothes and things everywhere.

"GUYS! GUYS! THE GIRLS ARE GONE! ALL THE DOORS ARE OPEN!" Max yelled while he was shaking the other boys. "WE SLEPT IN!"

As he was busy with that, I took the time to my advantage and made some of their shoes, clothes, one of their phones and even one of their letterman jackets invisible and made them all follow me out the door and downstairs.

As I walked out the door, We all took their invisible belongings and placed them in a ziplock bag so we could swim off to Mea.
-
We all sat on the rock ledge of our moon pool and we laughed so hard about my hunger and how the 'Vegas Magic Prankster Dudes' were terrible at prank wars. Since our moon pool had cushions and clocks and stuff we knew that it was almost 7:15 so we decided to head back. Leaving the ziplock bag filled with the boy's stuff behind a cushion in our beloved moon pool, we swam back to under the dock next to our house.

We could see the boys did not take this as a prank and we started to laugh. Ella held out her fingers showing 3,2,1 then we all cloaked at the same time. We went to the side of the house and pretended to be unconscious. We put our gag tee shirts in our mouths, smiled at each other then went dead silence.

Although none of the othergirls seemed to be paying attention, I was listening to the boy's conversation.

"Okay I'm gonna check outside. This is getting really freaky guys." I think it was Max who spoke.

"Dude are you sure it wasn't a prank? The prank wars have started..." Jacob said. He was the smart one for sure.

"No. Tell me why my stuff was gone when I woke up this morning then. It's not like it just floated away now did it." Max sassed. I wanted to laugh so hard because he was right but I forced myself to stay calm and close my eyes. "You guys coming?"

There was a mumble of yeahs and mmhs but then the patio door slid open. Bingo.

Max's POV

As I finally convinced the boys this was not a prank, they helped me in searching around the house.

"Hey Max, Guys over here. I found then." Luke yelled.

"Woah. they look pretty dead" Kyle said coming up behind Luke and next to me.

"Guys we should probably take them inside and put a wet cloth or ice on their foreheads until they wake up." I said.

We all brought them inside and layed them on the couch. Walking into the kitchen, we turned around to check on them to find they weren't there.

"Uh guys? Guys?!" Chase shouted

"Hey hey hey! No need to shout!" Rey said coming down the stairs.

"Wh-What? No you were just unconscious with your squad outside. No"

"Uh yes. It's called a prank dimwit! Boom!" Lucy said coming down from behind her.

"Yea but you just disappeared like that! how?" Max cut in while he snapped his fingers to emphasize his question.

"Like I said yesterday. You could call our pranks magic" Ella said joining both Rey and Lucy on the stairs.

We all stared at each other in confusion as they laughed and went back upstairs.

"Guys. I think this might be our toughest competition yet." I said walking over to their sink. I stood there for a moment and then out of nowhere, the sink turns on and sprays all of us. And that's when my theory that today couldn't get any weirder was proven wrong.

Rey's POV

As we walked upstairs, we heard the sink downstairs turn on.

We all decided my room was the best place to plan pranks because we could hide stuff in the messiness.

"That was really great guys!" Ella said coming in last and closing the door. "So are we waiting for them to attack? Because I really am getting into this war."

We all laughed and I replied that we should prank them while they were trying to prank us so we walked downstairs. I was the first and the next thing I knew there was a bucket of water being thrown at Ella and I. Lucy escaped the water but we knew this was a disaster. We couldn't run to the bathroom because the boys ebpnded up blocking the doors and upstairs was way to easy to walk in on something.

"Swim" I said and the three of us pushed them out of the way and ran for the dock.

"Three. TWO. ONE!" Ella yelled counting down the seconds until we transformed. Just as she yelled one, we jumped in the water and swam under the dock.

"What the hell?! Lucy where'd they go?" Chase asked Lucy panicked.

"Guys where the hell are you" Lucy mind messaged us.

"Right under you. We're gonna swim down the shore a bit to our beach dry off then go back in the house. Call it another prank" I messaged them back.

"Lucy? LUCY!" Chase yelled shaking me.

"HEY! Dont throw me in. Rules!" She shouted back.

I almost laughed but Ella clasped my mouth shut and glared. I nodded and we cloaked ourselves.

"Hey were cloaked but don't let the boys in in case we kick them." I mind messaged Lucy.

"Okay but your too late Rey. Swim fast!" She replied and with that one of the boys had jumped in the water.

We swam off west and went to our beach which was only a five minute walk away.

3rd person POV
*meanwhile back at the dock*

"Guys I'm going in. I don't see them anywhere so maybe they went under the dock or a bit off of where we're looking right now" Luke said and jumped in.

"No Luke!" Lucy said trying to grab Luke's wrist but failing to do so.

"Uh what's the big deal Lucy? It's not like he's a bad swimmer" Chase sassed.

After about two minutes of seeing Luke swim around he came back up.

"*spit take* Oh my god! There not down there. I'm gonna look out a little further."

"No i think we should go back to the house. You know maybe they went back there and we missed them." Max suggested.

"Ahh thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth. Let's go back to the house and call the police or something." Lucy said ushering them along

When they arrived back at the house, Lucy went out into the laundry room to 'call' the police when really she mind spoke with Rey and Ella.

"Hey guys where are you?" She mind spoke

"Uh right next to you Luce" Rey mind spoke back as they both I cloaked themselves.

They all hugged as Rey told Lucy what had happened due to Ella being out of breath.

When it was time to return to the prank, Lucy walked out back into the room with the boys as they were extremely scared.

"Uh it has to be twenty four hours before we can file a missing person report because there is no proof that they drowned" Lucy said trying to act very sad.

"No but seriously what if they are really hurt. We have to stop the prank war until they come back." Luke said standing up for Rey and Ella. Lucy found this very cute

"I know and they can't even swim that well. Why did you guys throw water at us anyways?" Lucy questioned

"Well you all seem scared of water and uh we thought it'd be funny to see your reactions. But why did they run out to the dock if they can't swim that well?"

"Uhhhh." Lucy said and started laughing. "I'm sorry I can't do his anymore. Hey Rey, Ella, get your asses out here" Lucy shouted.

Both girls walked out, completely dry and the boy's jaws were dropped

"Hey guys? Were you worried?" Rey said mockingly as we did a three way high five.

"Bu- But?" Max started

"It's called being on the swim team sweetie. We can hold our breath for 6 minutes and doing a prank while the others are trying to prank you is another Mea trick we picked up along the way" Ella said as she joined her friends near the patio door.

"Hey we've made plans to go to a friends house tonight and we might not be back in the morning when you wake up so happy day one everybody!" Lucy said as they walked out to the dock.

*At the house*

"Well we should use this time wisely to get some good pranks ready for the girls." Max said taking out his phone.

"Hey dude, I've got a really good one up my sleeve and I've been waiting for the right moment. And that's now" Kyle said sitting on the couch next to him.

*On The Dock*

"You guys wanna sleep at Mea tonight?" Lucy asked

"Definitely. The full moon is gonna rise in about a minute and since your finally moonproof we can take you and have a ceremony with each other" Rey said patting her on the back.

As they jumped off the dock, they forgot to look behind them as there was something very crucial that had happened. All five boys seen them dive into the water and never resurface.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 635 30
❝You now have to make a sacrifice, for all merpeople's safety. You have to run away.❞ ♡♡♡ Lily Hartwood is your typical teenager. Who cares if she ha...
46.7K 2.3K 62
It will take me probably all summer to finish editing this and leaving it alone forever since I am working on other projects ._. ▷ BTS mermaid Series...
7.6K 436 23
Akira is an orphan who lives with her best friend, Lucas. Her parents died when she was 8 years old so Lucas's parents took her and cared for her. Sh...
3.1K 241 52
You're swimming in the ocean with your friends at the beach. You see a glint in the rough waters, and two people drag you underwater. The world fade...