Another Original

By kaykay1800lovesyou

What if there was another original...that wasn't a Mikaelson. She isn't known like the Mikealson family is... More

New town
Long Story Short...
Moonstone
The Tomb
AUTHORS NOTE
"...When you were human"
Niklaus Mikaelson
Pathetic little doppleganger
Worst Memories
New Orleans
Something is Wrong
Elijah's Safe Return
"I'm Not A Vampire, Damon"
Visions
Freya
The Deal
16 Years Later
Mystic Falls
Back in New Orleans
Epilogue

Finally Moving On

3.6K 82 10
By kaykay1800lovesyou

After I saved Marcel from the burning opera house I stayed there for quite a few years.

I helped Marcel gain control of his city. I even helped him control the witches for the time I was there. The witches seemed to fear me.

I helped him fully control the city. Marcel even thanked me. He and I ruled the city together but he let all the power get to his head. I realized there was no bringing him back.

I decided to leave the city. Marcel was hesitant at first because he would be losing his "weapon" against the witches. After about a year of thinking he agreed only if one day I would return. I had agreed even though I wasn't sure that I was going to return.

We said our farewells and I parted ways with my dear friend Marcel and the place I had learned to call home.

I wanted to travel. Granted I had been across a decent amount of places looking and trying to catch up with the Mikealsons; I had never really liked and appreciated the beauty of most places.

I saved Marcel in 1919 and it is now 2010. I'm sitting at Duke university organizing Isobel's research that she left on her desk. She had missed quite a few days lately.

I'm distracted as Katerina Petrova and Damon Salvatore walk in together after a man who I don't know walk in before them. I turn to Vanessa my friend to see if she knows who they are and why they are here.

I offered to help her in the office lately. She had been jammed up since Isobel stopped showing up a few days ago.

"Hi, my name is Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier" the once unknown man announced himself to be Alaric.

"Ah yes my name is Vanessa I'm the research assistant. This is my friend Alesia. Isobel was one of my first professors"

"These are my friends Damon and Elena" Alaric informs Vanessa as she looks a little confused as to who they are. Elena looks just like Katerina and Tatia. Elena is their doppleganer and my great, great (many times great) niece.

I catch Damon keep stealing glances in my direction. He knows he remembers me from somewhere. He should because we spent 2 years together drinking New York dry, in blood and alcohol, about 10 years ago. However I did compel him to forget because there was a coven of witches after me and if they knew anyone I was friends with the witches would have killed him.

I snapped back into reality. When Vanessa led them to the office I was working in before they had arrived, Isobel's office.

I walked in with them and I observed one person. I already knew Damon was a vampire. Alaric, I think his name was, didn't look or act like a supernatural creature. The one person I watched carefully was 'Elena'. When I watched her, she didn't have the confidence Katerina Petrova not did she have the attitude to match the confidence. In all honesty I believe Elena is Elena and my guess is that she is human but I'm not quite sure.

Vanessa had left the room. "Where'd she go"Damon asked as he messed with a few knick knacks on Isobel's side desk.

I turned and saw Vanessa enter the room with a wooden crossbow. Elena gasped and Vanessa pulled the trigger. In the same instant Damon rushed in front of Elena and took the arrow in the back for her.

Katerina would have never of stood there so scared and helpless. She's definitely Elena the human but she did remind me of my sister Tatia. I wanted to revolt my lunch at the sight of her face.

Alaric had pushed Vanessa up against the walk with his forearm at her throat. The reflex speed was faster then a normal human but I shrugged it off.

Elena seems to snap out of shock and squats down to see if Damon is okay.

Alaric takes Vanessa in the main office and sits her down in the chair. She probably freaking out now. Seeing Damon Salvatore and Katerina's look a like. She thought they were both dead. She has never known a vampire besides me but she does not know that I am one.

Currently Elena is working on getting the arrow from Damon's back. She is being a wussy about it but she finally gets it out and they both come out. I hear Damon muble something along the lines of 'I'm going to kill her' but Elena shakes her head at his comment telling him not to kill her.

I really didn't pay much attention after that due to the fact I was trying to configure a plan to get Damon remember me without letting the others know.

I went back to remember the night I had compelled him I had said "You will not remember anytime of us together in New York until we meet again and I say the word remember but when you remember you will act as if you had always remembered the time we spent together".

I remember how heart broken I was to see someone I cared for go. I didn't love him, If I did it was more of brotherly love or affection. Damon was the first real friend I had since I had stopped chasing the Mikealsons.

Of course he had known about me being a vampire but he didn't now that I was an original hybrid or about me knowing the Mikealsons.

I decided that I would act as if I had just figured out where I knew him from.

They we're heading into the other room starting their research so I followed I picked up the book labeled Petrova. I really just picked it up to make look as if I was doing something.

"That's a shame I'm surprised you don't remember, Damon" I said slyly but no one seemed to catch my slyness but instead looked between me and Damon with confusion.

When I said remember I could practically see ask the memories flashing back in his head but no one else noticed. I mean come on these people are pretty oblivious.

His face breaks out into a grin as he speeds over to give me a bone crushing hug. I laughed at his sudden action and also at the twinge of jealous that shot through Elena's body but as soon as that jealousy was there it was gone.

"I'm so stupid I don't know how I didn't remember. But I did know you looked familiar. Alesia I have missed you. Why did you leave me in the bar that night?"

"These witches were chasing me and I realized they we're close so I led them away from you and killed them 5 years later. I need up here about a year ago"

After that excitement we all go back to researching. They found something about the sun and mom curse which I had never heard of in all my existence. If I had I thought it wasn't true.

They didn't find anything else much after that. Vanessa talked with Alaric for a few. While Elena went outside and called her boyfriend. Damon had gone outside after a few seconds knowing that Elena was finished with her phone call.

I followed soon after but I grabbed the book labeled Petrova. The book I was reading through earlier. Elena had said her last name was Gilbert but there was no way. She was Tatia's and Katerina's doppleganger which means she has to be a Petrova.

I had walked outside just as Elena was about to get in the car. "Hey Damon you feel like letting an old friend crash at your place" I grinned and he seemed to grin back. "Hell yeah. This is going to be the best time ever. We can both annoy Stefan but you have to promise me or rather promise Elena that you won't hurt her. She's looking at you as if your going to pounce and kill her any second" Damon laughs out but he quiets down when Elena shoots him a death glare.

"Damon I promise" I assure him but turn to Elena "oh and Elena here" I hand her the book I was holding "you didn't dig deep enough. Let me know what you find I would love to know" she took the book out of my hand cautiously. "Elena I'm not going to hurt you" I say with a little annoyance in my voice.

"Petrova?" Elena questions as she looks between me and Damon. "Katerina or Katherine as you guys know her by, came from Europe.

I walk over and hop in my car. It's a sleek black Dodge Challenger with a pink stripe going across the car.

I pull up next to their SUV as Alaric gets in the drivers seat, Damon's in the passenger seat and Elena is in the back seat.

Damon looked at my car in awe "I like the car" Damon's comments.

"Where's the love at" I joke

"It went out the window when I saw the pink stripe" Damon just shakes his head when he said pink stripe.

"Come on Damon you have to embrace your woman side" I laugh and Alaric races off on Damon's command. I race off right after him.

We drove back to where ever damon and his friends live. I could tell Damon was upset and I think it was because of Elena being mad at him but I'm not sure what she was mad about. I also heard their little conversation about Damon asking if they were and could stool be friends. He told her he didn't want to lose her.

"Damon listen to me but don't let the others know. I'm sure Elena will forgive but just give it time. I know it hurts but just be you and she either learns to accept you or can't and loses someone who can turn out to be a great friend" I could practically feel him smile.

After about 2 hours of driving "This is going to sound really childish, but are we there yet" I whined playfully and I heard Damon chuckle. "A few more minutes until we reach our destination. Mystic Falls" he says and it's as if someone knocks the air out of me when he says 'Mystic Falls'. I haven't been back here since I was turned.

Too many memories some good most bad. The worst of them is when the person I thought I had loved turned out to fall for my sister.

I blinked back the tears that we're threatening to spill as I followed the SUV to a house that was in town mixed in with a bunch of other houses.

It was nighttime when we pulled up to a house. My guess was it wasnt Damon's house because it was way to bright for his personality. Granted Damon has a great personality but the house didn't seem to fit his style.

I stayed in the car as I let Damon and Elena have their own time. I didn't worry about packing a bag because I always had a bag packed and in the trunk of my car, just in case I needed to flee. You'll be surprised how many people want me dead at least the ones that know of my existence. Most of the people that want me dead are the witches from back when I was a newly turned vampire and they knew of me being a hybrid.

I'm apparently an abomination of nature. So that's why I don't ever tell or show anyone what I am. If they ask I simply say I'm a vampire.

I caught the tail end of their conversation "Damon the answer to your question of our friendship is, yes... You have lost me forever"

"You used me today" Damon sounded hurt.

"You had information about Katherine I needed" she said like she didn't even care she hurt him.

"You know you and Katherine are more alike than you think" with that I stopped listening because he walked away from Elena.

I'm starting not to like her. She reminds me of Tatia and Katerina. They never loved anyone they just wanted to have fun and use people. I don't understand why anyone can see that. It's like they get swept up in their beauty that they can't see clearly.

Damon came out looking upset and mad. I waved him over "Come on I know will cheer you up or at least get your mind off of it" I paused and looked over to him "hey don't let her bother you. You just continue being you and just remember I'm here for you. So on happier note where's the nearest bar because I need a drink or multiple drinks" I looked over and smirked as Damon smirked. I started up the car and sped to the nearest bar.

Damon pointed out where the bar was. We arrived at the bar called 'Mystic Grill'. We walked in side by side.

We both took a seat at the bar and a young man with blonde hair came up to us. He smiled at me but frowned once he saw Damon. "Are you here with him willingly" the blonde haired boy questioned concern evident in his voice. I looked to Damon as if asking, was he kidding. Damon jut shook his head.

I looked down to the blonde haired boys name tag and it read Matt. "Matt I'm here willingly and believe it or not I'm an old friend of Damon's"

He scoffed but I defended Damon "But it's true. Can I have a Bourbon please and one for my old friend too please"

Matt grabbed two Bourbon's. He handed Damon's his roughly while he handed me mine gently followed by a wink. He flashed me a smile. Damon scoffed as he took a sip of of his Bourbon. I smiled back. I'm not that mean I wasn't going to shoot him down by saying my heart belongs to someone who doesn't even love me back.

About 10 drinks later... I think... I lost track.

"Yoo hoo lover boy can I get a refill" Damon whistled as he finished his drink. I punched him in the arm. He grabbed the spot I punched "Ouch. I forgot how well you could pack a punch" I chuckled after his response.

Matt came back over to fill up Damon's glass again. I put my hand over his glass before matt started pouring the Bourbon. "That's enough I'm going to have a hard enough time getting him home. But thank you for putting up with him tonight, Matt" I gesture towards Damon who looks mad that I stopped him from having another drink. Matt just gave me a smile as he placed the bottle of Bourbon back on the shelf.

"Come on Damon let's go. You've drank enough to drown both of our sorrows" he walked out towards the door "Bye Matt. See you around" I called out.

I went out to my car. I heard Matt call my name but I just continued and acted as if I didn't hear him.

I drove me and Damon to Damon's house. I had the least amount to drink out of the two of us.

Damon told me how to get to his house when he wasn't moping over Elena.

When we arrived, I brought Damon up to his room and laid him in his bed. He passed out in the car.

I didn't have any PJ's in the suitcase I had packed. I went through Damon's drawer and grabbed one of his black t-shirts. I also grabbed a pair of black athletic shorts from my bag. Those were my PJ's for the night. I will go out tomorrow and buy some more clothes because I intend on staying here for awhile.

I couldn't find the guest bedroom so just laid on Damon's bed on the opposite side he was on.

I had a hard time falling asleep. All I could think about was the Mikealsons. I needed to move on mentally and emotionally. I'm never going to see any of them again. I'm never going to see him again.

I now know that I need to move on and live my life. I have finally realized how much of my life has been wasted looking for the Mikealsons. When I was with Damon 10 years ago, I never thought of the Mikealsons in those two years. I think it's time for me to let go.

With those thought settling in my head I went to sleep peacefully knowing I was finally moving on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 802 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
201K 4.2K 30
COMPLETE {Mild Editing} My name is Annabelle Wilhelmina and I am a witch as well as a vampire. I was turned by the only man I ever truly loved and st...
51.1K 1K 42
He found her when she was a baby. He could see she still was covered in blood. He could tell it had been only a few hours. He named her Lenza Ray Mi...
5.5K 84 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...