Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

23: News

2.1K 99 2
By lilyofthelamplight_

News

Approximately three months since the sudden disappearance of Yukiko and Aoren in Sindria.

"Your majesty!" Yamuraiha yelled as she ran down the halls before deciding to fly instead to reach Sinbad's location faster. She just received an important call from Artemyra, which is near Parthevia, through the eye of the rukh and it's something that will truly shock them. It is something that they have been looking for, for quite a while now.

"Yamuraiha? What seems to be the problem? For you to rush over here.." Jafar asked her, a bit confused on why she's in such a hurry.

"I received word from Artemyra! A news that is now throwing Parthevia in a state of panic!"

Sinbad heard Yamuraiha from inside his office and was curious about the news. He decided to call for them to let the blue haired magician elaborate her report more.

"My king, I received word from Artemyra that Parthevia is in a panic because the head of a general suddenly appeared infront of the king as he gives a speech to his people. Everyone was there to see it and all the citizens are all scared that someone actually defeated one of their strongest general."

"You mean General Igo Tare? He's dead?" Jafar commented. "But where was he stationed?"

"A land up in the north. A letter came with his head.. If I could remember correctly, the letter said:

To Parthevia:
We, the people of the land you invaded, had finally gain our freedom through rebellion. The head of your general and the lives of your soldier are the payment for the idiotic decision you made. We took back the country which was rightfully ours in the first place. We are no longer part of your pathetic empire. We will defend it with our lives. The era of peace is now over. If you try to invade us again, or if any other empire does, we will retaliate. We are no longer weak.

Long live to Xue.
---------------------

"..is what it said. It's Yukiko-sama's and Aoren-dono's country, isn't it?" Yamuraiha asked as she held onto her staff tightly. "..to think that those two are capable of killing so ruthlessly.." she was getting teary eyed as she remembers the sunny memories she spent with the two.

"Yukiko.." Sinbad murmured as he looks at the music sheet of the song she made for him. "...they were really able to take back their country." 'I'm just glad that she's safe..'

Jafar looked at his expression which showed a mix of relief and worry. It was always his expression whenever someone broughts up the topic of the two, Yukiko and Aoren, in conversations. He has been observing him closely, keeping his emotional and mental state in check. Sindria just lost a powerful piece of power afterall, they've been robbed by them too since all the important research that Aoren did that helped the kingdom has been taken with him. Now they know the two's location, will they go there and confront them? Will they go and try to win them over again?

"What will be your next move, Sin?"

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Kina

Takeruhiko was smiling as the news reached him. A messenger hawk was sent to him from Xue, informing him about their victory, his family's victory.

"I'm glad that now, Xue returned to the rightful hands of power. It must be a wonderful fairytale...the lost prince and princess returned and all of their people still love them." He smiles as the snow continues to fall on his island kingdom of Kina.

"Isn't Xue a threat to the Seven Seas Alliance or any other empire? What will King Sinbad say once he learns that we hold a special connection with Xue?" Nashime asked his king. "Wouldn't we be in trouble and accused of helping another kingdom without the permission of the Seven Seas Alliance?"

"Nashime! Watch your words." Nanaumi scolded him. "Yukiko-sama and Aoren-sama are our king's kin! How can he not help them? Also, Xue has been helping us too in the past years of the late King Aomine's reign. Such exclusive products and goods were given to us to trade. We owe them. It is only rightful to help them especially that it was them who are in the right in the first place. Right, Ou-sama?!"

Takeru just smiled as he laced his fingers around his chin. "Those two are always planning something that greatly interest me. They are always shroudded with this air of mystery that makes me anticipate what their next move will be. So, Yukiko and Aoren, what will it be?" He asked in a wondering tone as his smile never left his lips.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Somewhere along the road to Balbaad

"Kouen-sama, we just received some interesting news from our spies. Parthevia is under a state of panic because of a sudden rebellion caused by one of their colonized countries. It was the country up in the north that we have failed to go to for the past years because of the dangerous waters and altitude of the mountains surrounding it." Said a magician who was relaying the message being sent towards every other generals.

"That land in the North huh?" He has his chin resting on the back of his hand as his elbow was propped against the ledge of the carriage's window, a visible smirk was seen gracing his lips as he looks at the scenery outside. "We are going to head back to Kou. Leave the journey to Balbaad on another date since it is not that important yet. An amazing guest is going to visit us soon and I need to be there to greet them." He commanded them. They immediately obeyed the said order and changed routes to go back to the imperial palace in Rakushou.

"I'm sure that they will be coming to me soon. I'll just wait patiently for you like I always do, Yukiko." He looks at the bracelet again before pocketing it as he turns his attention back to a Torran scroll that he was reading earlier.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Aoren-sama! Aoren-sama!" Called out a member of the Seven Legions of Xue, from the Green Family, Midoriko Asahi. He is the current head of the Green Clan and the master of Murmor, a Sound Djiin.

Aoren was currently observing the clean up of the bodies and the final reconstruction of the houses and buildings in the capital city, Xiexan, when Midoriko came rushing to his side. He got down on one knee and did their kingdom's salute as a sign to be acknowledge.

"What seems to be the hurry, Midoriko? Did something urgent happened?" He asked the other male who slowly got up after he acknowledge him. "Is a fleet coming to attack us?"

"You are wrong, my prince." He replied, still maintaining his salute. "..but this is something urgent that you need to attend to. I came here to tell you about Yukiko-sama's condition."

"What happened to her? Is she finally awake?" He asked hopefully and to his delight, the other male nodded with a smile on his lips.

"The princess has finally gained conciousness and is looking for you. Kurosaki is still tending to her but overall, she's fine."

"Let us go and see her then. It has been a week now since I last saw her smiling. I missed my dearest sister." He then turned his back on him and hurried over to Yukiko's room, Midoriko walking beside him.

The news about their princess awakening after a week since they were able to gain back their country, spread across the people immediately. They were all relieved to hear that she is finally up for they were worried when she suddenly collapsed after sending the head of the army general back to his country. Some decided to gather at the capital in hopes to see their prince and princess. They were also waiting for the announcement on who will be the new ruler of the country. Who will replace the former King Aomine? Will it be Aoren the eldest or Yukiko, a king vessel? Or will it be one from the Seven Legions of Xue? Everyone was curious and excited to know.

"Who will succeed? Who will be our next king?" Asked one as he sells an apple to another.

"I am fine with anyone. They are all capable people and I believe that they can handle this country despite its downfall. All the buildings are almost finshed just like the time when I was still a lad." He looked at the castle and gave a small smile to it. "As long as we can live in peace, I won't ask for anything else."

A man riding a black horse suddenly appeared. He then blew on his trumpet to gain everyone's attention.

"Princess Yukiko has recovered. Everyone, don't worry anymore. Also, there'll be a huge meeting in regards with the current issue on who will be our next ruler. All the presence of the village chiefs are needed for you will be the voice of your people. Proceed to the palace in three days time and you will be accomodated accordingly. The Seven Lords and the Parliament will also be discussing it together with our prince and princess so everyone, have a good day and let us pray for our beloved country." The man concluded before riding away after his announcement.

● ○ ● ○ ● ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ● ○ ● ○ ●

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...
207K 6.3K 34
Trou-vaille /tro͞oˈvī/ noun - something lovely discovered by chance. A girl was just going through her A's and B's. Until one day, she was teleporte...
2.2K 81 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...
1.2K 42 27
"She was once Innocent until she was thrown into a pit. Stolen from her homeland" - Ugo Guardian Of The Sacred Palace Working to your hands bl...