What Lies Ahead [Mako Mermaid...

By TheyCallMeSpeedy

Rey, Lucy and Ella were the three best pranksters in all of California only because they has a huge secret; t... More

Characters
DAY 1
NIGHT 1 & DAY 2
DAY AND NIGHT 3
DAY AND NIGHT 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11 (& A HUGE A/N)
Day 12
Day Thirteen
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
After The Storm

BEFORE THE STORM

2.7K 29 4
By TheyCallMeSpeedy

Rey's POV

"Hey Rey! Come on slowpoke were going swimming!" Lucy yelled from downstairs.

"Yea yea. Keep all fish in the tank okay Lucy?" I said while trying to eat a piece of toast.

"Haha yea now guys Ill be down on the beach. Ill see you in 5. Alright?" Ella said while putting her phone on the counter about to leave.

Lucy and I waved goodbye as she closed the patio door and then Lucy and I laughed.

"Why does she have to be soooo mature" Lucy questioned me while also immitating Ella as I ate the crust on my toast.

"Mmph- Either way she's gonna freak if we aren't down at the dock in about precisely 2 minutes and 9 seconds. Let's go" I said taking both my phone, Lucy's and Ella's and locking them in my safe. "Okay okay. I'm a prankster what can I say. Just wait for Ella to open this and a water balloon flies at her head!"

"Rey!" Lucy yelled at me as I opened the patio door.

"What now! Hurry up!" I yelled back.

"Oh never mind"

"Well what are you waiting for? Let's go! Wooooooo" I screamed running out the door.

"Haha Rey NOT FUNNY!" Lucy said running after me. I decided to cloak myself because why not. We couldn't see invisible things unless we were invisible ourselves so I decided to get a head start.

I ran towards the beach and started to change paths going closer to Ella who seemed to be talking to five boys. And why. I don't know so I decided to eavesdrop.

"Uh I'm sorry have we met? My two best friends and I are the best pranksters in California. You do not stand a chance." Ella sassed. Ooh! I like this new Ella.

"Oh really I'd like to see you prove that." One of them said.

I decided it would be best to mind message Ella instead so I sent the following.
"Hey E I'm right behind you don't freak out because I'm cloaked. And who are these and why do they think they are calling the,selves better pranksters than us? There has never been a rule against no mermaid has there?".

Ella turned around and looked at me. "Uh these are Chase in red, Jacob in black graphic tee, Kyle in blue, Luke in Orange and Max wearing no shirt at all. They're from somewhere near Vegas and they think they rule at pranks. I have a feeling that this will end badly for them. Hey they haven't experienced mermaid magic pranks!"

"Hahahaha okay well um now Lucy is beside me also cloaked. What do you say we challenge them to a prank war? You in Luce?" I asked

"Hell yea!" Was the answer.

Lucy messaged Ella telling her to meet us at Mea and we ran off into the ocean.

Ella's POV

After I left Rey and Lucy, I walked down to the beach to see five boys laughing about something. Curious as always I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"And remember that time we faked Chase's death and all the people from the hotel came running out? That was sick! I swear we are the kings of pranks!"

Not paying attention to where I was walking, I bumped into some shirtless guy.

"Oh sorry" I said trying to avoid his grasp and run to the dock.

"No it's my fault, I'm Max. King of Vegas pranksters and the evil mastermind behind all of our pranks." He said. Oh god.

"Oh so obviously you have never challenged the prankster of California before" I said. The rest of the guys oohed at us.

"Uh I don't think that you will have much of a chance sister"

"Uh I'm sorry have we met? My two best friends and I are the best pranksters in California. You do not stand a chance." I sassed.

"Oh really I'd like to see you prove that." Chase said.

I then recover a mind message from Rey saying "Hey E I'm right behind you don't freak out because I'm cloaked. And who are these and why do they think they are calling the,selves better pranksters than us? There has never been a rule against no mermaid has there?".

I turned around and looked at where I thought Rey was. "Uh these are Chase in red, Jacob in black graphic tee, Kyle in blue, Luke in Orange and Max wearing no shirt at all. They're from somewhere near Vegas and they think they rule at pranks. I have a feeling that this will end badly for them. Hey they haven't experienced mermaid magic pranks!"

"Hahahaha okay well um now Lucy is beside me also cloaked. What do you say we challenge them to a prank war? You in Luce?" Rey asked. I smirked.

"Hell yea!" Was our answer.

"K meet us at Mea " Lucy added. I guess they left so I turned around

"Uhh Ella?" Luke asked "you okay? You spaced out but it was like you were talking to someone without actually speaking."

"Oh. Uh sorry guys, you wouldn't get it. Either way, we challenge you all to a prank war." I said.

"Oh really?"

"Yes but listen, can we meet tonight to discuss rules? Rey and Lucy will be there and that way we all understand and plus I have somewhere to be. Like now."

"Okay how about 8 tonight?" Kyle piped up.

"Sure. We'll see ya" I said running off behind them and hiding behind a boat for a few minutes. When they left, I dove off and swam as fast as I could to Mea.

{A/N: Mea is Hawaiian for Secret so the island where their moon pool is is Mea island. Mea: May-ah}

Lucy's POV

When I got to the moon pool on Mea Island, I realized Rey wasn't behind me. I swam back out to the reef to find her picking flowers. When she was done, we swam back to the pool together.

"Here, I've been waiting to make a mermaid recipe" she said handing me a pile of smelly oysters, a bowl and some flowers. "These flowers used to only grow in the Atlantic but they're perfect for making Arctic Marshmallow. It sounds so good."

"Uh Rey? What are you doing?"

"Baking or cooking. I don't know what to call it. Just help me out okay? I promise you'll love it or I'll buy you a smoothie of your choice."

"Deal!"

We were halfway through our Arctic Marshmallow when Ella swam up grinning at us.

"Guess who are going to show those Vegas pranksters who the best prank gals are in Cali!" She asked

"We are!" Rey and I shouted back at her!

It took us long enough to make the Arctic Marshmallow but it was delicious.

"Mmm. Thanks Rey! This is delicious!" I said while taking another wooden spoon full.

"See. I told you it was good!" She said teasingly.

"Hey guys, we should go back to the beach. It's almost sundown so we have to get ready." Ella said placing the lid on the Arctic Marshmallow so we could take it home with us.

"Yes mom" I said laughing.

On the swim home, Rey won our race. She was the middle of us three but she was always a fast swimmer.

We walked up to our house to find a package laying on the front step.

"FINALLY!" Rey screamed running over to pick it up and hug it.

"Rey... What is it this time?" I questioned taking both her and the package off of the front step and into the kitchen.

"Oh uh you know how we are such good pranksters? This came at the best time. I called Mimmi from over in Australia and I asked her to send me that book of spells and stuff that she found in the ocean last week. We have so many mind messages!" She replied while trying to open it.

We all helped her and found an old rustic looking book sitting in the middle of an empty box(Same book as in H2o). When we opened it, there were so many tabs for potions, spells, how powers work and how to control newer ones. For an hour we sat down looking at the book and trying out new things. Our pranks were going to blow their minds.

"Rey you are an evil mastermind slash genius. Thank you so much. It couldn't have come at a better time!" Ella said while closing the book and hugging Rey.

"Oh no problem I just thought it would be fun and Mimmi said they weren't even using it anymore. Give me a sec, I'm gonna message her saying thanks." And with that we all dispersed into our separate rooms.

"Oh wait Rey where's my phone?" Ella shouted. Oh no. The safe.

"Oh uh Ella she put it in the safe earlier before we went to Mea." I yelled while running up the stairs so I wouldn't see the disaster about to strike.

"REEEYYYYYYYYY!" Ella screamed from the kitchen. She opened the safe.

Rey's POV

As we all departed for our own rooms, I walked upstairs, cloaked myself and then walked back down to see the action of the water balloon prank happen.

When I seen Ella walk over to open the safe, she entered the four digit code and the click triggered the bow and arrow to shoot the water ballon. This prank was one of the oldest ones in my book of all pranks.

"REEEYYYYYYYYY!" Ella screamed. I laughed as I uncloaked my self to see her counting down from 10.

After 10 seconds, she fell to the floor and her golden tail replaced what once was legs.

"Hey i gotta start somewhere. These prank wars won't fight themselves" I said throwing a towel at her.

"Oh my god Rey your can be such a bitch sometimes" she said drying herself off. We both laughed.

"Yea. I know"

As i walked in my room, I took out my favourite denim jean shorts and a crop top. Tonight was going to be intense.

When I was ready and did my makeup so it was a bit more natural, I met the dry Ella and Lucy down next to the patio.

"Okay it is 7:59 so lets move it people move it move it move it!" Ella yelled acting like a drill sergeant. We laughed and ran down to see Chase, Kyle, Luke, Max and Jacob standing around a fire holding out a bag of marshmallows, a box of graham crackers and some chocolate bars.

"Hey! We come in peace!" Jacob yelled

"Ha so this is what you call a peace offering?" I yelled back

"Uhhh... yea."

"I'm Rey!" I said holding out my hand.

"Jacob"

"Yea uh we've...." I stopped myself in my tracks. "never met but you seem intense by Ella's quite detailed description"

We laughed and all sat around eating s'mores and getting to know each other.

"Okay I think it's time to lay out the rules of prank wars" Lucy stated placing down her s'more. This was going to be intense.

"Okay so your rules first" Max said.

"Nuh-Uh. Team names. Cali tradition" she sassed back.

We when they formed a huddle we decided that mind messaging would be more appropriate.

"Okay so I was thinking Mea Magic Makers? Or it can be something else you know." Lucy said. We were looking at each other but we weren't turned in our seats. Mermaid magic I have to say was the best.

"No I really like that actually!" Ella said. "Rey?"

"Fine by me."

We thought we were going to wait for the boys to decide on their team name but they had already decided on one and were giving us weird looks.

"Are you guys okay?" Kyle asked.

"Oh uh yea. Were decided"

"Oh uh cause it looked like you were having a conversation without speech. Again"

"Ha ha ha. Either way your team name" Lucy said.

"Magic Vegas Pranksters only because thats what everyone in Vegas called us. Yours?"

"Mea Magic Makers only because we love to explore Mea and you could say our pranks are like 'magic'."

We all laughed and played out the rules; no pranking between 1 am and 7 am, nothing that causes anyone of us to go to the hospital or need medical treatment, and most importantly for us, no throwing any member of another team off of objects such as buildings or boats.

"Hey so where are you guys staying?" I asked curiously "because when we do prank wars, the other team sleeps at one teams house for a week and then we alternate. We live just up there in the blue house."

"Oh yea we do that too sometimes. We live about 15 minutes away from here but it's still on the beach so who's house first?" Chase asked.

"OURS!" Lucy, Ella and I shouted in harmony.

"You guys can go get your stuff and knock on the door when you get there. We'll clean up here." Ella said acting motherly."

"Okay we'll see you in a half hour. Bye" they said leaving everything behind.

We waited for them to not be capable of seeing things in good detail and then started to use our mermaid magic. I put out the fire and levitated the food back to the house making sure it was cloaked so no one would be suspicious and Lucy and Ella helped with the chairs. By the time we had put everything away, the doorbell rang and we chanted Mea Magic Makers! They were all laughing at us but we didn't care because there has never been a mule against no mermaid magic now has there?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 13 24
One day after school. Jules, elliana and Sophia decided to go exploring. They end up on an island across the coast. Where they discover a moon pool...
524 47 37
With summer coming to an end, Luke and Heidi have to say goodbye to Daniel and Ariel and have to go back to Florida. When they go back to Sweet Water...
42.6K 1.4K 29
"No, I can't." "It's just water." "Let's go." "No, Michael! Put me down!" I splash into the water and when I come back up, 4 pairs of eyes were st...
14.2K 462 21
He killed her kind but he would never let anyone harm her Jacob Holland x Siren!OC "The Sea Beast" fanfiction