𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐘𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋...

By XxKiddycatxX

❝ it's important to recognize the difference between want and need cause I may love you but... More

Before You Read
New Cover 3.0
s o o n
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
2k Special
12k Special
120k Special

24

5.3K 189 189
By XxKiddycatxX

Soul tightened his grip on my hand, my eyes averting to his well-sculpted face. Not that I took note of that. The first thing to catch my eye was a grimace spread across his face, his eyebrows furrowed in anger and discomfort. I could tell his mind was rushing a million miles a minute, I just couldn't do anything to help, I was in the same boat as he was.

I went back to my prior task of watching the populars' actions, seeing a small smirk on even Evelyn's face. Hair shaded my eyes as I clenched my teeth; I could feel my heart beating like a drum against my rib cage. Pushing my tears and sadness away, postponing it for a later time, the sound of bitter laughter finally met my ears.

"I can't believe Kid had the nerve to accept that dare! I can't believe he had the nerve to say such things about you! I can't believe-," Choking down the incessant pain that shattered my heart slowly, I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Believe it," I grunted, pushing open the door to have everyone's eyes fall on me. 'Hello, bitches. You've just created your worst nightmare,'

Friend count: 1.

~

My headache grew worse as my e/c eyes met widened forest green ones, a gasp escaping the owner's lips. The young boy practically flung himself at me, him hugging my thighs while his body rested on the cold floor.

"F/n!" Nathan cried, small tears sprouting in the corners of his eyes. "I can't believe that you're here! This must be fate!" Everyone looked over at the boy in shock, snickers and a few 'aww's' escaping the circle. "I came to make Liz tell everyone that the pictures aren't real since you wouldn't talk to me, but now I can apologize to you myself! I'm so sorry, I should've told you that I dated Liz! I'm sorry for being an ass to you at that time if I was one, I honestly can't remember. I'm sorry about not protecting you and I'm sorry about-," Nathan continued to blather on, a small 'shh' escaping my lips. The boy automatically shut up, him releasing my legs and sitting cross-legged. I glared down at Nathan, the boy returning it with sad puppy dog eyes.

You should forgive him, maybe he can help you. The voice that I ignored earlier had returned, once again giving me words of advice. I sighed in defeat, a small smile enveloping my lips. 'Can't hold a grudge forever.'

"Stop your crying," I muttered, rubbing Nathan's head. "What is this, Twilight? The past is in the past, let's just forget about it."

"Ayy! OTP!" Evelyn cheered, shutting up when she received a harsh glare from a certain reaper along with an unnoticed one from me.

"W-wait," Black*Star muttered, a dazed look in his green eyes. "N-Natalie, right?"

"It's Nathan, drunk ass!" Evelyn grumbled, flicking the drunk boy's forehead. Black*Star fell over from the force (though not much was used). "I can't believe you got this hammered."

"S-so then, since I'm here can I join you?" Nathan asked nervously, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Heck n-," Maka started, interrupted by a cheerful Liz.

"Of course Nath!" After being given the seal of approval, Patty glomped onto Nathan, to which everyone in the circle nervously laughed at. I sighed awkwardly, my mind elsewhere as the chatter around me continued on. I remained silent, observing everyone, even Evelyn, laugh and be friendly with one and other. I felt mute--as if my voice was suddenly ripped away from me while everyone forgot about my seemingly invisible presence.

'I have to say, for a second I actually agreed with Maka. I hope Nathan leaves. I'm not ready to be all buddy-buddy with him yet.'

Sighing and finding myself bored, my hand automatically delved into my pocket and pulled out my phone. Typing in my password and grimacing at my lock screen, I quickly flipped over to Tumblr and gave into my trashy obsessions, scrolling through the abundance of pictures that Tumblr had to offer.

Small giggles escaped my lips when I found the more... 'unique' side of Tumblr, my glistening e/c eyes scanning crazy bios and looking over stupid fanfictions; some more disturbing than others.

"What are you looking at?" A deep voice penetrates my bubble of silence, a head propped on my shoulder from behind. I could almost feel the heat from his amber orbs as they scanning over my screen. "Tumblr, I see? What next, are you going to become a fangirl who drools over fanfictions twenty-four-seven?" I glared at the boy behind me out of the corner of my eye.

"Fuck off, will you?" I muttered, shoving his head away before turning to face him. The boy's silky black fringe was tucked perfectly underneath his beanie before he ran his pale hands through it, showing off his contrasting golden eyes that held a look of purity and mischief all at the same time. It was as if each rung of his aurous hues represented a different part of him--like he was split between being two people. That aside, his unusual attire was hugging his small frame quite perfectly, my e/c eyes wandering for a bit too long.

"Like what you see?" A seemingly forced smirk adorning Kid's lips as he choked on a chuckle.

'What's up with him?' I asked myself, 'He's a jerk, he doesn't care about people other than himself.' Snapping myself back to reality, I uttered the first thing that came to mind.

"Nah, I was just wondering what in the fuck you're wearing? Like I know you let daddy pick out your clothes, but uh..." Kid snickered slightly in response, cupping my s/c cheeks and leaning in.

"Honestly, F/n," Kid muttered breathily, his smirk melting into one of his rare, pure smiles. My eyes grew to their fullest extent, his warm breath kissing my lips before even he could. I could feel the fire and darkness that raged within me diminish, the old Kid sitting in front of me instead of the jackass that I have to deal with daily. He made me forget all of my problems; my sadness from being broken one too many times, my fear of that phone call, and my anger from the dare he agreed to. Just as our lips were centimeters apart, Kid tilts his head to the side and whispers in my ear, "I have absolutely no idea what I'm wearing."

A furious blush crossed my face, Kid's shit-eating grin returning at the sight alone. I could feel the final piece of my heart snap, my mind no longer consumed with sadness nor grief, but with the thought of one thing;

Revenge.

'There's that smirk I've been waiting for,' I thought, a sense of relief and the familiar feeling of anger rushing through my veins. 'Oh just you wait, Kid, you're simply fueling the fire.'

"Such a tease." I rolled my eyes, whipping my head around to watch everyone else's conversations. Well, and to partially hide my remaining blush. "I hate you so much."

"The feeling is mutual," Kid's sonorous voice purred in my ear followed by a throaty chuckle, his hand brushing my collarbone gently. My mind was racing, I could feel myself become the slightest bit flustered despite my petulance. Taking internal calming breaths, I reanalyzed this situation for the thousandth time. Kid may have been nice to me for brief moments before, but that will never eclipse this shit, this exact shit he always puts me through. Why is it his life's goal to make me suffer? Why does he have to make me happy just to take it all away?!

My internal crisis seemed to both destroy and clear my mind, it slipping a touch further into the dark abyss.

Depression.

All thanks to that little push.

'Prepare yourself, Death the Kid. I'm going to crush your heart, just like you did mine,' I thought, subconsciously feeling Soul's worried gaze burning holes in my side. I could tell that the 'cool' dork had been worried about me ever since we listened in on the populars' conversation earlier, but I honestly couldn't feel any more alive at the moment.

More spiteful.

More broken.

All side effects of the cold, hard truth.

Who knew your mind could slip away so abruptly, the darkness distributing itself through your mind quicker than black ink in a tub of water. But who cares, am I right? After all, every broken bone makes you heal stronger, lord knows I've had too many cracks and fractures to count.

I could feel the emotions draining my body slowly, the anger I had once felt now dull and drab opposed to a raging fire like it once was. My clammy hands subconsciously gripped my thighs as I felt my world became black and white, showing me pure truth and lies.

Right and wrong.

Love and hate.

No grey area in between.

A tug at my neck pulled me out of my trance, my e/c eyes meshing with liquid gold.

"What's this?" Kid asked, my small, mood-changing necklace residing in the base of his palm. Its rose pendant changed from a deep red to a light pink upon touching his skin, my eyes widening a fraction.

"A necklace an old friend gave me...," I muttered quietly. "It says that you're in love."

"Who knows," A soft and delicate tone escapes Kid's lips, far too genuine for my liking. "Maybe, just maybe, I am." Quickly ripping my necklace from his hands and holding the pendant in mine, I glared up at him.

"Please refrain from touching me."

"You make it sound like I did something scandalous," Kid chuckled, his gold eyes flickering across the room. My mind wandered, thinking about why Kid seemed so nervous. My eyes wandered to where his did, my e/c hues catching with every single popular in the room. Kid surveilled everyone in the room silently inexplicably, my brows furrowing in confusion. 

'Whatever your intentions may be, Kid, I won't let you win. Not again.'

It's time for you to pay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 604 35
• COMPLETED ✓ • YOU ARE A DEMON IN THIS STORY!!!! "Some say love doesn't exist...." "I say It's just harder to find then you think...." "But someti...
16.3K 458 17
❝ it is not about what you have lost sweetheart, it is about what you will gain. ❞ ( diablolik lovers x reader ) ( short chapters ) ( sequel to how c...
835K 28.2K 34
You know the usual. Your running from the past. Taking shelter at the DWMA. Befriending people you really shouldn't. Falling in love with someone you...
41.3K 1K 58
An X Reader fanfic about the reader's adventure in Soul Eater. This is a Death the Kid X Reader, Soul X Maka and Black Star X Tsubaki fanfic with som...