𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐘𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋...

By XxKiddycatxX

❝ it's important to recognize the difference between want and need cause I may love you but... More

Before You Read
New Cover 3.0
s o o n
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
2k Special
12k Special
120k Special

20

5.8K 218 269
By XxKiddycatxX

//Update 7/18/20: fluffy fluffy fluffy content

Y/n's POV

I ran to class as fast as my s/c legs would carry me, the door with the words 'Crescent Moon' hanging above it nearly in sight. Small pants escaped my parted lips as my heels clicked against the floor, my hand coming in contact with the doorknob as I twisted and threw the door open.

I was met with a nearly full classroom, the students talking amongst themselves in the layered rows of seating. I went to sit at the back of the class where Evelyn was sitting already, but a pale hand had gripped my wrist and pulled me down to sit with him.

"Hey," Soul greeted, releasing my wrist once I had been seated properly. "You're going to sit here from now on, okay?"

"Do I have a choice?" I shot back, running my fingers through my now-messy h/c hair in an attempt to brush it out.

"No, none at all," Soul smirked, "Also, what the hell happened to your hair?"

"Running."

"From?"

"A demon known as Liz," I muttered, getting the final knot out of my h/l hair. "Kid stayed back and suffered for me. I pity his poor soul." An unwilling blush rose to my cheeks at the thought of what he had said to me before I left, 'What's gotten into him?'

"See? He's not such a bad guy!" Soul said while resting his arm on my shoulders, a playful look displayed on his face.

"Yes he is, he just happened to be less of a jackass today. Now get off me!" I exclaimed while shoving off Soul's arm, wincing a bit from the hidden injuries Maka had given me. The two of us continued to bicker playfully until Stein entered, a silence enveloping the entire classroom. As Stein began to talk about how the project was going to work my focus dwindled, my eyes scanning the room for a raven haired reaper. Catching sight of no such person I sighed, wondering what Liz was doing to the poor kid.

'Oh well,' I shrugged, trying fruitlessly to brush off the thought as class continued on. I hesitantly watched the clock as the agonizing seconds ticked by, Kid and Liz never entering the classroom. Getting fed up, I raised my hand high in the air to which Stein stopped his speech for.

"Yes, Ms. L/n?" Stein asked formally.

"May I please use the restroom?"

"Yes, but please do hurry back," Stein nodded to me as I made my descent down the stairs, his bright green orbs locking with mine.

'Go find him,' his eyes practically ordered, though the room remained quiet. I nodded back and broke our gaze, rushing out of the classroom to begin my desperate search. After running through the never-ending twisted corridors for a few minutes I stopped, resting my sweaty palms on my thighs as I took sharp breaths in and out.

'Damn, I'm out of shape.'

Closing my eyes and standing up straight, I took one last deep breath in before opening my eyes again. The world around me turned an inky black, its dark tint licking my body as my eyes roamed the halls. Whimpers and sobbing met my ears, my eyes whipping over to where I heard the sound. Sure enough, a bored-looking red soul with stripes floated there.

Forcing my vision to return to normal, I ran to where I saw the soul. Upon arrival I saw Death the Kid sprawled out on the floor, his fists punching the black and white tiles until they began to bleed. "Kid?! What happened? What did Liz do to you?" Kid sniffled and looked up at me, multiple tears sliding down his face as he tried to form a coherent sentence.

"L-Liz...," he began, his sniffles creating breaks in his sentences. "Never c-came, I just c-couldn't handle it... I thought I could b-but because I'm a worthless Reaper I let it b-bother me." Sighing, I dropped onto the floor next to him and rubbed his back gently, knowing that I had no choice but to repay my debt to him from earlier. 

"You let what bother you?"

"Y-You're nickname for me... Stripey..." My eyes widened in response, a feeling of dread coming over me.

'Oh no.'

"God damn it! I'm asymmetrical trash, trash! I should die!" A nervous sweat rolled down my cheek, my eye twitching in annoyance.

"H-hey... Kid... You're not trash...," I muttered as convincingly as I could, giving him a small, irritated, smile. Kid looked up at me teary-eyed, his golden eyes sparkling with hope.

"Really?!"

"Yeah, you're just an asshole," I grunted thoughtlessly. Kid's newfound happy expression dropped along with new tears from his eyes, more whimpers escaping his lips. 'Oh shit, oh shit! He's going to start bawling again! Damn, why did I have to say that?!'

"Only to you," Kid muttered through his sniffles, his head falling forward and resting on my shoulder. I winced as his head connected with one of my bruises, but I endured as my eyes grazed his wild, inky black locks. My fingers subconsciously ran through his dark tresses, a small smile curling at my lips at the familiar position. Damn did Kid make it difficult to hold onto hatred towards him.

"Your hair has grown," I stated in a hushed voice, Kid's sobs ceasing as a weak chuckle escaped his lips.

"You say that as if you haven't as well," Kid's deep melodic voice sent shivers down my spine, his golden eyes peering up at me from the crook of my neck. His eyes, like a conflagration, lit a devilish fire in my heart, while his thick, wet eyelashes batted and radiated an indescribable sense of angelic innocence and fragility. My stomach began twisting itself into knots over Kid's ever-present duality--was he an angel or a malicious devil, someone good or someone bad, someone to love or someone to hate.

He slowly removed his head from my shoulder, before running his fingers through his inky locks. Holding his hair in place on the top of his head, (asymmetrically, I might add) his fingers still weaved through it, a tight smirk grew tugged at his face. "Grown ugly, that is."

"Aaaand he's back!" I exclaimed sarcastically, my e/c eyes rolling in response. "What happened to 'I look beautiful with or without makeup?'"

"I only said that because you look like less of a circus clown without makeup, but you also have the ability to conceal all of your deep-set trauma with your concealer," Kid scoffed, taking his fingers out of his hair. "Quite honestly I was conflicted, how am I supposed to bear the burden of choosing when you look the least terrible?"

"Thanks, thanks. I'm just glad I don't have stupid stripes in my hair," I mocked as he grit his teeth in displeasure.

"Take it back!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Why you little-," Kid grunted, pinning my wrists to the floor as he hovered over me. "C'mon! Just take it back!"

"No fuckin' way! Make me, Death the Bitch!"

"I'll dislike your DeathBook post!" He exclaimed comically, dissolving whatever tension lay underneath our dispute.

"You asshole," I giggled, desperately trying to remain serious as I gave him my signature 'you-stole-my-cookies' glare. "You wouldn't!"

"I would," He smirked, showing off his pearly white teeth. His grip on my wrists tightened, which caused a look of discomfort to cross my face.

'Great, more bruises. Thanks, asshole.' Snickers broke me of my thoughts, my eyes averting to two figures nearby.

"Death, you two are like four-year-olds fighting over candy!" a feminine voice giggled, my eyes glancing up to meet her crystal blue ones.

"Oh shut up, Evelyn!" I muttered, a pout crossing my face.

"If you're trying to have sex, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong," a deep voice jeered, Kid's golden eyes set in a glare with a light blush crossing his face.

"Why are you here, Soul? You as well, Evelyn." Kid quickly released me from his vice-like grip, shuffling to sit next to me as if he weren't atop me only seconds before. I motioned to do the same, rubbing my wrists as I sat upright on the cold, DWMA floor.

"You two were taking a while, so Stein sent us to look for you," Evelyn stated while twirling her blonde and blue hair.

"Yeah," Soul began, showing his shark-like teeth. "He probably thought you two were making out!" A deeper shade of crimson coated Kid and my cheeks, a grimace forming on my face as well.

"As if," I barked, pointing an accusatory finger toward Kid. "I wouldn't kiss him if you paid me!"

"You're no treasure yourself," Kid muttered with a roll of his eyes. I looked at Kid questioningly, noticing a look of sadness in his eyes as he insulted me. I brushed it off casually, trying not to care about how he felt.

"Whatever you two, let's just get back to class," Evelyn said, Soul following behind her as they headed back toward class Crescent Moon. I began to follow, the warmth of Kid's hand on my shoulder making me stop. That and the biting pain from him once again touching my bruises.

"Thanks for coming to comfort me," Kid muttered in an inaudible tone, a smirk crossing my face.

"What was that?" I asked, turning to face the reaper. "I'm not sure I caught what you just said, do you mind repeating it?"

"You heard me, I'm not saying it again," Kid pouted, his black-clad arms crossing his chest as he puffed his cheeks childishly. Kid looked down questioningly at his hand, touching his palm with his fingers. "What is this..." Kid looked at me, his eyes roaming my figure.

"What is it-," I began before Kid grasped my arm and pulling me close. I winced in pain, my face twisting awkwardly as I tried to hide my discomfort.

"Who did this to you?" Kid asked, pointing to the purple bruise on my shoulder.

'Shit, did the makeup rub off when he touched my shoulder?' I looked down, my h/c hair covering my eyes. Kid released his grip on my arm, him leaning in. 'W-what the hell is h-he?'

"I'll ask you again," Kid growled in a husky voice, his lips brushing my ear as he backed me into the nearest wall. "Who did this to you?" A deep blush crossed my cheeks as I fumbled to say a name, my heart beating at one million miles a minute.

"M-M-M-M-Maka! S-she did this to me! She b-beat me up after Liz and I fought last time," I stuttered. Kid moved away from me with a satisfied smirk on his face, yet the confident expression didn't fully meet his eyes.

"Flustered much?"

"S-shut up!" I yelled, running down the halls to catch up with Soul and Evelyn. 'W-why? Why did I get so flustered anyway?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 775 29
You were created by Stien useing a kishin, and a weapons soul, that was injected with stiens DNA. So when he made your body the soul with his DNA the...
71.6K 2.1K 59
They say that if when you die you fall in love with someone you'll be attracted to them when you are born again. Even if you don't remember them. As...
41.3K 1K 58
An X Reader fanfic about the reader's adventure in Soul Eater. This is a Death the Kid X Reader, Soul X Maka and Black Star X Tsubaki fanfic with som...
143K 2K 71
These are just as the title says. They are X reader. Or you can request certain people. Feel free to request. Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN SOUL EATER OR...