Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 2.1 •

258 11 5
By Lexy_VLover

(So, why this chapter was not published last week was because it was utterly terrible and I could not bring myself to update something like it. So this is fully edited with an extra 400 words. You're welcome! Enjoy! xx)

I DISCARD MY jacket onto the white armchair in my room and a small piece of white paper falls out of the pocket.

Annabelle. Thanks for the amazing night Diego! Call me! 099 888 7777

I stare at the note in amusement. It was always entertaining to find these notes in my pockets. The hope in their words was always evident and, despite how sadistic it may sound, my favourite part was knowing that I would crush it when they never heard from me again.

What shocked me was that they even thought they had a chance. My reputation for leaving a string of broken hearts was no secret. I was the wealthy playboy who seemed to have it all in his early twenties. Sex was meaningless to me. It was all a game.

When was it going to get into their heads?

Some people understood it. My ex-girlfriend Lara Jimenez understood it. We dated because we provided each other with pleasure that was hard to come by but we never got jealous when we were with other people. And with our lifestyle, it was more often than not.

There was a knock at the door and I grimaced. Not my dad. I'm too sober to have another lecture about the inadequacies of the way I spend my nights.

Not my dad.

Not my dad.

Chiara. My dad's assistant.

"Your father wants to speak to you,"

Of course!

We're not even close but he's always ready to spare time so that he can share just how disappointed he is in me.

I thank her and walk across the hall to his office. I knock on his mahogany door and hear a muffled come in. I walk in and he looks at me over his glasses.

"Son, remember when I told you that you needed to get married to an innocent girl," Dad starts.

He has always been so specific with his words.

Those lectures I mentioned? While the focal point was explaining how my bad reputation tarnished the image of the business (which I could never argue with), recently he had started to incorporate the idea of me getting married to a woman who would balance all of the terrible things I had done.

I would never have agreed to do such a thing but my father knew how to make a deal. I could only get the CEO job if I got married. And I wanted that CEO job. It paid even more than what I earned now which, don't get me wrong, was a hell of a lot.

Unfortunately, it also entailed breaking up with Lara a few months ago so that when the news of my engagement made it to the world it did not seem like I had been cheating. It just made me seem like a lovesick idiot.

My father had been looking for a girl with a picture perfect reputation for me to wed. It seemed he found her.

"Who is she?" I ask, sitting down across from him. He throws a picture towards me.

"Violetta Castillo. Nineteen years of age. Works as a waitress at Black Mint. Perfect grades. And everybody thinks she's an angel," Dad explains.

I stated at the picture. Her appearance seemed to fit her description perfectly. She had medium-length brown hair that fell in light waves. She had soft brown eyes that complemented her smile. She looked like an angel.

"Good pick." He rolls his eyes at me.

"We are going for dinner at the restaurant tonight. Wear something nice," Dad informs me.

"Don't I always?" I joke as I get up. My humourless father ignores me.

Let's go meet my future wife.

I COULDN'T HELP but watch her the whole night. She had miraculously been our waitress. I had to admit that she looked even better in person. You could see how smooth and silky her hair was and I was able to watch as she gracefully served and cleaned.

I saw her talk to a couple and heave a sigh. Judging by the way they laughed and her behaviour, they were probably friends.

She would make a good Mrs Hernandez. She certainly had the elegance and the innocence to win the hearts of the public. The only problem is her current job but that could be fixed soon enough.

I leave a generous tip which she stared at incredulously.

"Thanks for the tip!" She says gratefully.

"Well there was fine service," I wink and she flushes slightly.

As I walked away, I could not help but feel a small inkling of guilt. Her perfect life would be turned upside down because of me.

Nobody deserved to put up with me as their husband.

I didn't say these would be long :')

So you've got an introduction to Diego's life, whatever you didn't get from the actual book. And that he knew from the beginning they would end up getting married and he was willing.

I hope that this chapter is not too bad. It would have come out last week with the foreword but it was honestly too terrible to be published. This is better and I realise now that my writing was terrible many months ago. This was pretty much rewritten. You have no idea how horrific it was and how horrible Diego was.

Thanks for reading!

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.4K 64
Fanfiction ~Jorge Blanco and Martina Stoessel~
655 242 20
"NOBODY DID ANYTHING, EVEN THOGH THEY SAW EVERYTHING. THEY WATCHED FROM A DISTANCE AND JUDGED WITH NO RESISTANCE." Raped at 14, triplets at 15 Violet...
16.4K 265 30
Leon works in a company that is opposite Violetta' s company but violetta works with her brother Federico and Diego is the boss of them both and forb...
3.5K 152 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...