Yeah, I Rejected You

بواسطة flowhings

Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled... المزيد

Yeah I Rejected You
Chapter 1: Mates
Chapter 2: Golden Speckles
Chapter 3: Turn of Events
Chapter 4: Why Me???
Chapter 5: Being the Luna
Chapter 6: Beautiful Disaster
NOT AN UPDATE (a request? :)
Chapter 7: Back to the Band
Chapter 8: Hell or Heaven?
Chapter 9: Caught
Chapter 10: Not Now
Chapter 11: Not Necessary
Chapter 12: Alone
Watty Awards 2013? :/
Chapter 13: Music
~Not an Update but PLEASEEE read!!!~
Chapter 14: Betrayal
Chapter 15: Please?
Chapter 16: Value
Chapter 17: Sacrifice
Chapter 18: Hope
Sequel!!!
Final Author's Note Here!
Authors Note + New Book!

Chapter 19: Full Moon

28.6K 679 222
بواسطة flowhings

Chapter 19: Full Moon

Shayla's POV:

I woke up and dig out my phone from under my pillow to check the time. The light blinded me as I turned it on. Squinting, it said: 6:53am.

What? So early? I groaned and shoved my phone back under my pillow. There isn't school this week because of Mid-Term Break. I shouldn't be waking up this early! I reached to the small table beside the bed and took a sip of water, then put the glass back down.

Something wrapped around my waist tightened, bringing me back closer to whatever the hell it was. Extra cautious, I turned to look at the stranger. Oh, it's only Chase. I inwardly laughed and accidentally let out a small giggle, causing Chase's eyebrows to furrow tighter a bit in his sleep. I bite my lip, trying to stifle another fit of giggles.

"What's so funny," he groans. Dear lords, I thought the attractive morning voice was just a rumor in Wattpad stories. I was so wrong.

"Nothing, I just thought you were a rapist," I say, finally laughing out loud.

"Not possible Shayla, I'd never let that happen," he says with his eyes still closed, "You scent seems different... it's driving my wolf insane," he huskily says, pushing his body up against mine. My eyes widened as realization dawns upon me: Nearly a month after my first shift. That could only result into one thing... my first heat.

"Oh hell no," I whisper, trying to fend off the physical urges I had for my mate. My emotions were heating up, and it feels like I want to complete the mating process! No, this is ridiculous. It's just an illusion, just an illusion.

"Heat eh? The odds seem to be in my favor," he smirks. It seems as if my hands had a mind of their own; instead of pushing him away, they started to travel around his chest. I can see he was fully awake now, and it sure is obvious he has inappropriate thoughts messing up his brain.

The want for him drove madly in my body. My heartbeat accelerated as his lips hover above mine. The temptation. Without thinking, I slammed my lips onto his, as if I depended on it. Stupid heat. I hate you, heat.

***

"Shayla Hale! Are you even listening to what I'm asking? Ugh whatever, this dress looks nice on me anyways," Ashlyn's frustrated yell breaks my glass of thought, "Oh no... it's your heat isn't it?" she grins slyly. I just blush and nod.

"We didn't do anything though! I swear!"

"You guys didn't kiss, or like, make out or something?" she raises an eyebrow, amused.

"Of course not! I mean, no, well, fine! Yes! We kind of did make out this morning..." the blush burned in my ears as I tried to fight the smile that grew on my cheeks.

"Oh em gee!!!"Ashlyn squeals, "see, always trust Cole and I when we say you two are going to work it out!"

"Okay! Okay! Now can we get ready? The party is right after practice and I don't even know what to wear!" I helplessly flail my arms in the air in exasperation. That's why Ashlyn is my sister! Of course, not blood related... But she's mates with Cole, so technically my sister in law or whatever!

"Fine, okay we need something that will make your mate fall head over heels for you and trip again... Hmm..." she digs through her wardrobe, her head hidden in the pile of clothes, "ah ha! I've found it!" she slyly grins, showing me a new pair of-

"No. Not in a billion years. Nooooo." I say, mortified. Th-that thing she was holding in her hands! I wish I never bought them! Even without looking in her mind, I knew what she was thinking.

"Oh yes, and you should wear that white dress -"

"White!?" I exclaimed. This day just gets more... Dreadful.

"Yes! White! And you can wear those black knee-high lace up boots, they'll match," she says, shoving me a bunch of clothes, ushering me into the bathroom to change.

I reluctantly took off my comfy clothes, slipping on the lacy undergarments and put on the white dress, which thankfully had straps. The dress ended a few centimeters above my knees making me immediately feel overly self conscious. I normally wear long pants! Not... Pretty white short dresses...

'You've worn skirts before,' my wolf says.

'Yeah, with leggings.'

The dress was thin and had a matching light brown belt. It didn't hug my body tight, but it showed a bit of my curves. Perhaps I should wear flats, for such a special occasion.

I walked out the door and was immediately greeted with Ashlyn's smirk, "I present, Shayla Hale, wearing a dress that is above her knees!" she dramatically says. We laugh and she drags me towards her chair about to do my make up.

"No, please no, can I just be make-up free and go natural?" I begged, trying my best to pull off an irresistible puppy eye.

"Please? I'll wear flats!" I blurt out accidentally. My hands shoot up to my mouth and my eyes widen, "no! I didn't mean that!"

"Flats it is!" Ashlyn happily exclaims, "this has to be the most amazing day of my life! Shayla wearing a dress - that goes above her knee - and she's wearing flats! Okay, wear those white flowery Toms I have?"

I gasped, mortified, "Toms!?"

"Fine, white sandals."

"If that's the only choice you'll give me, hmph!"

"There!" She tosses me sandals and I put them on.

"We need to get to band practice!" I say, wanting to get out before she asks me to put on something more ridiculous than I already have.

"But what about your hair?" she whines.

"I'm leaving it down! Let's just go already!" I grab my guitar I left on her bed and took her wrist, dragging Ashlyn out of the room, ignoring her complaints.

"Please! Shayla! You've got to let me do your hair! Pleaseeee!"

"Noo! Now shut up 'cause we don't want anyone to know we practice here." I glare playfully. She finally obliges and we enter the garage. Cole was already there, setting up the equipment.

"Hey Cole! Look who I brought with me!" Ashlyn teases. I squeal and hide behind Ashlyn in panic. No luck though, Ashlyn shoves me in front to meet Cole's surprised eyes.

"I can't believe you really did it!" he says, wrapping Ashlyn in a hug and kissing her forehead.

"Let's keep things PG-13 here guys, I look ridiculous, right Cole?"

"You look great! We should really practice, it's been a week."

"Sure! Cole and I are going to sing 'I Love You' by Avril Lavigne. Then we're doing 'Fluttering High/Barely Alive' and 'Heart Attack.' "

"Great! In that order?" I ask, happy that they were going to sing such a sweet song.

"Yup! Now let's get practicing, we've only got 40 minutes left until it's 6 o'clock!"

***

Cole returns to our band's standing table with my lemonade as well as his and Ashlyn's smoothies. Nearly 200 werewolves here in the celebration? This is amazing. Colorful lights hung from the trees and there were plenty of snack and drink bars. Children ran around and everyone else was laughing, enjoying the moment.

"Hello everyone! Happy Full Moon!" Evan says into the mic. The stage he stood on was the one where I was crowned Luna. "We're from the Dark Wolfe pack, and we're Alpha Chase's sidekicks! I'm Evan, and that's Jake and Logan!"

"We'll be your hosts for tonight! We'll be guiding you through performances by every single pack and the rest is up to you. First, we have the Clarissa from Silver Star pack on the saxophone!" Logan says. The crowd claps and a petite girl hops onto the stage. The rest of the performances flew by and it was soon our turn. I haven't seen Chase since this morning, much to my disappointment. I'm beginning to think he's staying away from my heat, which is only making me crave him more.

"Finally, the very last performance, our very own Luna, Shayla Hale with Ashlyn West and Cole Hale!" the three boys whistle and the crowd claps in respect. I receive glares from the sluts which I shrug off. Ashlyn squeezes my hand as we walk up on stage. I suddenly feel very self conscious about the dress I'm wearing. "They'll be performing several songs. The first one is 'I Love You,' a duet by Ashlyn and Cole."

The crowd dies down as Cole and Ashlyn are handed a microphone, and I check to see if the mic on the stand in front of me is on. I test a few chords on my guitar and we begin.

As they sing, I search the wave of the crowds for Chase. In the end, I see him talking with Jake, Evan, and Logan. Rather weird if you ask me because he was writing something on the performance board.

I like the way you misbehave

When we get wasted

But that's not why I love you

And how you keep your cool

When I am complicated

But that's not why I love you

The familiar sensation of being on stage overwhelms me. There was only me, and my guitar. I see mates in the audience holding hands and swaying side by side as the song rolls to an end.

You're so beautiful

But that's not why I love you

I'm not sure you know

That the reason I love you is you

Being you

Just you

Yeah the reason I love you is all that we've been through

And that's why I love you

The song finishes and the crowd loudly claps. The spotlight hits all of us and Ashlyn squeals and hugs me, then hands me the mic.

"Uhm, this is a short song I wrote, it's uhm, called 'Fluttering High/Barely Alive.'" I awkwardly say. I place my guitar down and head over to the middle of the stage. The music starts and the spotlight shines down on me. This was it. It's time to tell Chase.

I took a deep breath in and locked my eyes onto Chase. This was a message for him, my mate.

Don't get me wrong

But I'm not that strong

But only when I'm here

With you

With you by my side

I just have to lie

And say I'm not feeling anything at all

Cuz when you're here, I'm fluttering high

When you're gone I'm barely alive

I see you

I see me

And then, I see a we

You don't know who I am

Truly deeply darkly

inside of me

Maybe you judge a book by its cover

I don't know what I am to you

To you...

When you're here I'm fluttering high

When you're gone in barely alive

I see you

I see me

And then I see a we

(Fluttering high... Barely alive... Fluttering high... Barely alive...)

Maybe I'm just dreaming

Perhaps this isn't real

But there's one thing I see clearly

That when you're here I'm fluttering high

And when you're gone in barely alive

I see you

I see me

Then I see a we

When you're here I'm fluttering high

When you're gone in barely alive

I see you

I see me

And then... I see a we

I beam and look at Ashlyn and Cole who give me sly grins.

Oh my gosh, I'm going to hyperventilate. I just told him - indirectly - that I wanted to be with him, and that I saw a future in front of us. Oh holy wolves.

"The last song is 'Heart Attack.' We hope you like it!" Cole says, snapping me out of my trance as he takes his place at the drums. Ashlyn slings her guitar and nods to me.

'Let's rock the stage, sis,' she mind-links me. I grin and the music begins.

Never put my love out on the line

Never said yes to the right guy

Never had trouble getting what I want

But when it comes to you I'm never good enough

When I don't care

I can play him like a Ken doll

Won't wash my hair

Then make him bounce like a basketball

I lock my eyes with Chase's as the next verse rolls up effortlessly from my tongue. I smile as the crowd claps to the beat.

But you make me wanna act like a girl

Paint my nails and wear high heels

Yes you, make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

You make me glow

But I cover up, won't let it show

So I'm putting my defenses up

Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack

Never break a sweat for the other guys

When you come around I get paralyzed

And every time I try to be myself

It comes out wrong like a cry for help

It's just not fair

Brings more trouble than it all is worth

I gasp for air

It feels so good, but you know it hurts

But you make me wanna act like a girl

Paint my nails and wear perfume

For you, make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

The feeling of singing on stage becomes so natural to me, as if it were the environment I was made for. I moved freely on the stage, dancing a bit (which really is rare. I blame the heat.) Chase had a smirk on his face as he sent me a wink, trailing his eyes up and down my - or should I say, Ashlyn's - clothing choice.

You make me glow

But I cover up, won't let it show

So I'm putting my defenses up

Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack

The feelings got lost in my lungs

They're burning, I'd rather be numb

And there's no one else to blame

So scared I'll take off and run

I'm flying too close to the sun

And I'll burst into flames

You make me glow

But I cover up, won't let it show

So I'm putting my defenses up

Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack

Heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack - tack

Oh I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack

I finished, smiling so wide like a fool and the crowd went wild. I looked back at Ashlyn, her sparkly purple dress shining under the spotlight and Cole in his casual clothes. Our band is perfect. The stage is where we are meant to be.

Ashlyn squeals (again) and hugs me. "That was frickin amazing!" she yells, laughing.

"I know!" I laugh as well. Cole joins our little hug, crushing our bones, "you're squeezing the life out of me!" I playfully yell at him, competing with the crowd's noise. We separate as Logan, Jake, and Evan come back on stage.

"That was an awesome performance! Don't you think?" says Jake as we walk down the stage.

"The best! But we have one last minute performance, a gift to all of you. The moment you have all been waiting for! The three of us awesome hosts with our very own Alpha, Alpha Chase!"

I nearly spit the lemonade I was drinking. Chase!? Chase Anderson is performing!?

Him and his perfectly sculpted body walks up to the stage, sharing secret smiles with the three hosts for the night. He wore his casual as well and he took the microphone from it's stand.

"Hi everyone, I just want to thank you all for coming, it's a pleasure having you here. I hope the Full Moon Celebration might help lighten the mood from yesterday's events. Well, anyways, I'm not much of a performer, but I try. This one's for my mate, Shayla."

The crowd dies down as Logan takes a seat at the drum set and Evan and Logan step back, away from the spotlight and starts to strum their guitars. Chase takes a deep breath and starts to sing. His hypnotizing eyes bore into mine. I recognized the song as 'Superman' by Joe Brooks.

There are no words, to paint a picture of you girl

Your eyes, those curves, it's like you're from some other world

You walk my way, oh God it's so frustrating.

So why do I stop and stare when you come near,

You're everything I want,

Why do I blow my lines, well, not all the time,

I don't know what to say at all,

I bite my lip and try to hold back my laughter. He actually changed the lyrics!

If I could be your superman,

I'd fly you to the stars and back again.

Cuz everytime you touched my hand,

You feel my powers runnin through your veins.

But I can only write this song,

And tell you that I'm not that strong.

Cuz I'm no superman, I hope you like me as I am.

It aint no lie, I have to tell you how I feel,

But each time, I try it gets a little more unreal,

You said my name, oh God I can't stop shaking,

So why do I stop and stare when you come near,

You're everything I want,

If I could read your mind,

Girl I would find, thoughts of me and only me

I burst out in laughter. That egocentric idiot! He changed a sweet song into a ridiculous one!

If I could be your superman,

I'd fly you to the stars and back again.

Cuz everytime you touched my hand,

You feel my powers runnin through your veins.

But I can only write this song,

And tell you that I'm not that strong.

Cuz I'm no superman, I hope you like me as I am...

Before clasping the microphone back onto it's stand, he quickly and quietly says,"I love you Shayla,"

My jaw drops as I choke on my lemonade and Ashlyn squeals again. What just happened!?

The applaud from the crowd fails to cease when a spotlight finds me. Plenty of "aww"'s could be heard from the audience as Chase stood on the stage, looking at me. Not with lust, but with love.

A genuine smile fights it's way towards my lips which soon turns into a delighted smile.

This isn't part of heat, right?

'We are so lucky to have Chase as our mate,' my wolf dreamily sighs.

'I know right? He's perfect.'

Chase walks down from the stage and the spotlight thankfully has some sense of respect as it turns off. The three boys then concluded the end of performances and let the audience do as they wish.

Cole and Ashlyn leave to the lake, and Chase with all his glory makes his way towards me. I blush and run my hand through my hair, using my other hand to try and tug down my revealing petite dress.

"Great performance," he says, smirking.

"Yours wasn't half bad either, but you really changed the lyrics? Your ego is even bigger than I remember," I try to casually laugh. How do I ask him about his ending message?

"So you have been thinking about it?"

"Psh, as if," I scoff.

"Really? But I remember that your song says that you 'see a we'?" he raises his eyebrows.

I blush, 'Right, about th-"

"I love you, Shayla, I love you so fucking much," he blurts out, wrapping me in a hug tighter than Cole's.

I took in his soothing scent as I hugged him back. I still couldn't believe what he said. Heat started to take control of me now, as I press my lips against his, wanting more of him.

This is wrong. This is so wrong. I hate heat! I didn't even tell him if I've accepted him as my mate!

I pull away a little, my forehead leaning on his. I grin and say, "Chase, I'm hungry. Can we go eat first?"

"Oh, I know what you'll be eating tonight," he wiggles his eyebrows and I mentally face-palm. "Truffle pasta!" he says.

I shake my head and laugh as he takes my hand and drags me towards the buffet table. He's holding my hand!!!

He fills a large plate of the tasty truffle pasta and passes it too me, then fills one for himself.

"Believe me, you'll be going back there for refills," he says as we walk back to our table.

"What if I don't?" I challenge.

"Let's make a bet, if you do, I get to make you do something, and if you don't, you can make me do something. Okay?"

Eager to win, I nod. "Deal. Let's eat." He sends me a sly grin and proceeds to eat. I do the same and find myself eating the whole entire plate of delicious pasta. Licking the plate as I finished, I look up to see Chase smirk.

"Want more?"

My eyes widen and my stomach betrays me as it growls.

"Come on, let's get you more," he says, taking my hand.

"No!" I say. I didn't want to lose the deal! "I'm full."

"You haven't eaten a proper meal in days," he continues, dragging me away from the table.

"I'm really really really full."

"No you aren't; look at the truffle pasta, loooook at it," he points at the pasta. We've arrived at the buffet table and are in front of the shining bowl of deliciousness.

"Fine! You win! I want another plate of truffle pasta!" I give an exasperated yell, filling up another plate of the awesome pasta. He chuckles as he leads me back to the table. I hungrily shoved the second plate of truffle pasta in my mouth.

The clock struck eleven and the party was coming to an end, as the children went to their rooms, some mates and families retreated to the mansion.

"What do you want me to do?" I sigh, finishing the food.

"Hmm... how about we go back to my room first? Then I'll tell you."

I give a reluctant nod and take his hand. One hour left. I have to tell him my decision soon.

We climbed up the stairs and I was instantly aware - again - of my exposing dress.

"Now what do you want me to do?" I ask. He closed the door to his room and I laid down on the bed, tired.

"It's simple, really. It's just a question. Do you accept me as your mate?" he asks. My heartbeat quickens it's pace and I turn to face him, eyes shining. "Do you, Shayla Hale, accept Chase Anderson, your egocentric idiot, as your mate?"

Despite myself, I laughed. Oh gawd. This cannot be happening. He asked me. I tried postponing this! I tried! I took my time eating dinner, and here he is, asking me the question I've been trying to avoid.

Deep breaths Shayla, deep breaths. Don't be that mean person you normally are towards Chase.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. BREATHE.

Okay, instead of saying yes, I want to do something else...

'Kiss him?' my wolf longingly asks. Perfect.

I lean in towards him as he lies down on the bed, his lips hovered above mine. I didn't even bother looking into his eyes - I was too embarrassed to. Slowly, I kissed him, until we were both out of breath.

"So, is that a yes?" he asks, smirking. Oh there comes the smirk that I haven't seen in so long.

"Yeah," I smile.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I accept you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE END!!!

I'm awfully sorry about the long long longggg wait! But I really hope it was worth it!

How did you like the ending??? Was it good? I had writers block so the last bit was just rushed :/ Tell me how to improve it!!!

Soooo Shayla accepts him! yay! If you didn't read the lyrics to the songs, go back and read them! Especially where Chase changes the lyrics :P I've attached the song Chase sang on the side :P

Also, I did an interview! Click the external link, or go to my profile page and the link will be there ^_^

Sending hugs, chocolate, cake, and howls,

Wren :)

(P.S. yeah! six pages!!!)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.6M 76.7K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...
Markie بواسطة RuHu

المستذئب

1.3K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
168K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...