A Mob Boss's Family (Book 2 O...

By royal888

(Highest Rank: #1 General fiction, 23rd June 2016) This is the second book in the New York Mafia Series and s... More

Prologue
1. His Soul Ripping Apart
2. The Hurtful Nightmare
3. A Thoughtful Night Gone Past
4. An Ice Cold Close Call
5. Memory Lane
6. Dreaming What She Feared
7. At The Hotel
8. HollyWood Ball (Part 1)
9. HollyWood Ball (Part 2)
10. HollyWood Ball (Part 3)
11. Hollywood Ball (Part 4)
12. HollyWood Ball (Part 5)
13. HollyWood Ball (Part 6)
14. Good Night & Good Luck
15. Loving Feelings
16. Love is in the air & cant breathe sometimes
17. His broken heart
18. Amaranta
19. Battling with love
20. His Troubled Mind
21. Bond Between Brothers (Part 1)
22. Bond Between Brothers (Part 2)
23. An Engaged Couple
24. Pain is Part of Life
25. Mob War Erupts (Part 1)
26. Mob War Erupts (Part 2)
27. Mob War Erupts (Part 3)
28. Mob War Erupts (Part 4)
29. Mob War Erupts ( Part 5)
30. Mob War Erupts (Part 6)
31. Mob War Erupts ( Part 7)
32. Conflicts Of The Mind
33. Allies Stand Together (Part 1)
34. Allies Stand Together (Part2)
35. Heart to Heart Moments
36. Unreadable Minds
37. A Thanksgiving (Part 1)
38. A Thanksgiving (Part 2)
39. A Thanksgiving (Part 3)
40. A Thanksgiving (Part 4)
41. A Thanksgiving (Part 5)
42. A Thanksgiving (Part 6)
43. A Thanksgiving (Part 7)
44. A Thanksgiving (Part 8)
45. A Thanksgiving (Part 9)
46. A Thanksgiving (Part 10)
47. A Thanksgiving (Part 11)
48. A Thanksgiving ( Part 12)
49. A Thanksgiving (Part 13)
50. A Thanksgiving (Part 14)
51. A Thanksgiving (Part 15)
52. A Thanksgiving (Part 16)
53. A Thanksgiving (Part 17)
54. A Thanksgiving ( Part 18)
55. A Thanksgiving (Part 19)
56. A Thanksgiving (Part 20)
57. A Thanksgiving ( Part 21)
58. Flying To The Unknown (Part 1)
59. Flying To The Unknown (Part 2)
60. Flying To The Unknown (Part 3)
61. Meeting His Family
62. His Parents
63. His Uncle's Words
64. His Brother's Conflicts
65. Before Arrivals
66. An Intense Confrontation
67. Enduring His Presence
68. Guests Coming Over
69. Big Occasion
70. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 1)
71. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 2)
72. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 3)
74. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 5)
75. The Wedding (Part 1)
76. The Wedding (Part 2)
77. The Wedding (Part 3)
Bonus Chapter 1: The Next Morning After Wedding
Bonus Chapter 2: Family Matters

73. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 4)

14.6K 638 81
By royal888

Francesco was lying in his bed awake. He looked at the clock and it was too early in the morning. He was finding it hard to sleep. All he could hear was thunder and lightening outside. But that was not what kept him awake. He was getting married in a matter of hours. He was finally going to have Adele after ten years of waiting and it was all because she had said yes. He was finally able to live the dream of having a family, only because she had decided to accept his marriage proposal. He felt like he was on top of Mountain Everest at that moment just because Adele had finally said she loved him enough to marry him. He was going to have a family of his own and he was going to be a good husband and a good father. But could he really? Those doubts were keeping him awake. What if he hurt his family? What if he failed them like how his father failed his. How much of his father did he have in him?

Francesco shook the thoughts and sat up on the bed and held his head in his hands. He kept telling himself that he wasnt like his father when it came to treating his woman. The thought of hurting his family made him sick. He had already hurt Adele before through hurting others. He had made her cry by hurting her brother and Michael. Was he capable of hurting his woman? Was he? Maybe his father was right. Maybe he was going to see life through his eyes one day and was going to hurt the woman he loved and his children. But how was that possible? He couldn't stand the thought of hurting his woman and his own blood. He just couldn't....

Francesco stood up and looked at the sleeping form of Adele in the next room through the open door. He didn't know why they had to sleep in different beds that night. It made no sense. They were getting married any way that day. But again it was tradition. If they were found in the same bed they still had to answer to the Don that whether Adele is pregnant and how long it was going on. That was not worth it and he didn't want to put Adele through that on the day of her wedding.

Francesco walked to Adele's bed and stood towering over her sleeping form. His Angel was in a deep sleep. He smiled as he knelt on the floor next to the bed and took her hand in his looking at the engagement ring on her finger. That ring was a reminder of the best day of his life as well as being the symbol of their love. He planted a kiss on her ring and then looked at Adele who was still in a deep sleep. Did he deserve this angel? He didn't. How could he? Part of him was telling him to set her free. Part of him was telling him to let her go back to normal life and watch her from far. She didn't deserve to live in his dark world that was full of danger and distrust. But he loved her. How could he let her go? He couldn't stand being away from her anymore. He couldn't lose her.

Suddenly Adele moved her hand away and lied down on her side facing Francesco. He sighed. damn it was so hard to resist kissing her lips. He stood up and walked to the window opening the curtains looking outside. The rain had stopped now. No more thunder and lightening. The wedding preparations were all in place. They were going to get married at the town's church and then the wedding reception was going to be held at Don's mansion. After that, Francesco and Adele were going to retire to spend their wedding night in a house that said "Welcome Bride and Groom" on a banner. The place was right opposite the guest house they had been staying in for the past week. Francesco already had decorated the bedroom they were going to stay in for the night only to fly away the next day.

Francesco heard her angelic voice "Francesco.... What time is it?"

Francesco turned to her and smiled "Too early for you to wake up. Go to sleep. Did I wake you?"

Adele spoke "Its not too early. Its not dark outside any more. Is it still raining?"

Francesco walked to her bed and sat down on the edge "No, it is not raining. Were you worried it was going to rain on our wedding?"

Adele spoke "No. Why would I worry? If it is raining on your wedding is a good sign. Some say it is the sign of being blessed. The skies are giving their blessing by unleashing rain that gives life to earth. I have no problem getting wet either way. But I have a problem with you staying awake... What is the matter?"

Francesco stared at Adele and spoke in a sad tone " Have you changed your mind about us? You know..... Have you had second thoughts ever since you said yes to me? You must tell me if you do. I would rather die than hurt you Adele. I cant live with myself if this is not what you want. Do you really accept becoming my wife? Doesn't the thought scare you? It does me. You are too innocent. I feel selfish for not letting you go even though people like your brother would want me to let you go. Even your parents were giving me fearful looks when they were brought here from airport the other day..."

Adele sat up on the bed and Francesco was silenced as he found Adele attaching her lips to his. She kissed him gently and she then deepened the kiss. She then grabbed his hands and pulled him towards herself as she laid back down and Francesco complied. He pinned Adele to the bed and they kissed until they were both satisfied.

Francesco pulled away looking into Adele's eyes wondering what he had done to deserve her in his life.

Adele spoke "I have no doubts Francesco. For the past week you have been asking the same question every night and I have responded in the same way every time. I can't imagine my life without your presence. Of course, my parents were afraid. What did you expect? There were men with guns standing around. I talked to them and explained to them that I was happy and they are at ease. They wont object. Why would they? My parents had a love marriage themselves. Their parents were against it so they would never try to disagree with my choice in marriage. Because they didn't like how their parents disagreed with them throwing obstacles in their way.... That is what it comes down to. When you have a personal experience, you learn from it and try to turn it into something positive. My parents would never make the same mistakes their parents made..... I am sure we will become parents whom would not make the same mistakes our parents made....."

Francesco sighed and whispered "You don't know what you are referring to..." He then reluctantly pulled away and stood up. He walked away from the bed to the window again "Why do you have so much faith in me? You shouldn't. I am not like him but .... I could become like him..."

Adele stood up and walked to the window looking at Francesco who was staring into distance "Don't you think it is time your stop worrying. Don't let him mess with your mind. I know he is trying to make you feel like you have no control over who you become because you do. Your choices would make you who you are and not your genes.... For years you suffered at the hands of the man who was supposed to care for you as a father. He planned your life for you. He made your choices for you. He forced you to live away from your mother and even put restrictions on seeing your brother. He tried to influence your character but he failed killing your love for those you cared for. He didn't manage to make you forget your mother. He couldn't force you to fully become a careless brother. He couldn't make you forget me. Now you are a better man that he is. You have assigned Angelo to treat him for his rare disease. You are saving him. By showing mercy to him you are proving you are nothing like him. Families are supposed to care for each other and you proved it to him. He is in the town's hospital recovering all because of you..."

Francesco gave out a bitter laugh as he turned to look at Adele "I have other reasons to save him. It is no mercy."

Adele spoke "It doesn't matter what your motivations were. You could keep Angelo away who was his only hope. But you didn't. You said it yourself, the Don couldn't locate him."

Francesco spoke "Adele, let's not talk about him on the morning of our wedding....."

Adele spoke "You brought this up. Stop saying you will become like him. Why do you keep asking me if I am sure about this? I don't believe life gives anyone more than they can handle. I fell in love with you years ago when you showed honour. I know the soul I fell in love with. That is you. We are human and make mistakes. We all have flaws. No one is perfect. You have so much pain attached to your life. You were forced into a life you never even wanted. Its not your fault who your father is. He ruined your past so don't let him ruin your present and future by making you doubt yourself. I have seen your caring side and know you will be taking care of your family. Please don't listen to your father's words, about one day becoming like him. You will be better than him as a father and a husband."

Francesco looked into Adele's eyes in silence. He stared at her eyes as though searching for something "You really have faith in me? I don't think I deserve you."

Adele spoke "You think I deserve you? You saved my life and my families life years ago. You waited for me for ten years and did not kill my brother when he ran away to Ambrogio. You have showed me respect. You have honoured me and you have taken care of me. You are for my health and take care of me when I am sick. Don't you see we have in our relationship matches the terms of a marriage. That is why we are both ready to marry. What we have is more than just a relationship and we are ready to make our promises to each other official in a church."

Francesco looked at her "Don't you have any worries at all about this wedding? Normally it is the bride who worries..."

Adele sighed "I am petrified. I am afraid that I may not be able to fulfill my duties as a wife and mother. You are not the only one with doubts. My parents were perfect and gave my brother and I a good life. I am worried I cant be half as good in parenting. I am not ready to take responsibility to have a family but I don't know when I will be ready. I want to get married and I hope as time goes on, I have the strength to handle a married life. I am opposite of you. You are afraid of making the mistakes of your parents and I am afraid of not being able to live up to my parents' parenting and married life..."

Francesco was looking at her with questioning eyes "Are you really afraid?"

Adele nodded nervously "Yes. Of course. The thought scares me to start a family of my own.... Its a huge responsibility. But I tell myself, I may never be ready.... I should take the chance and get married. I know we both will be tested. We both have our fears and doubts. You worry because you don't want to fail your family and me too. I have the same worries. It doesn't matter what my father did and what yours did. Having the perfect family when someone is a child does not guarantee that they would be wife material or husband material. So don't let your father's shadow ruin your day. He hurt your family but you would not do the same. i know you won't...."

Francesco took a step closer to Adele and embraced her gently kissing her forehead "I love you."

Adele smiled "I love you too."

Suddenly a knock came on the door making the couple become startled. Francesco pulled away "It cant be my uncle Pietro. He never knocks. Who thinks they can disturb us?" He then looked at the window and saw Georgina "She is asking for it. Antonio and her are like nut and screw. They fit."

Adele bit her lip "I am sorry. I asked her to come wake me up for breakfast. It is our wedding day so my day starts early with my bride maids. Anna and Georgina are waiting for me in the ladies quarters they have set up with bridal preparations. I think i will see you at the wedding. Your best men would come see you too. Its ironic how all three of them are engaged like how I was a few days ago. This week has been eventful. I think we have so many weddings to look forward to."

Francesco spoke "I think my best men would be taking their time. They know not to bother me too early because I am a bit busy with honey moon arrangements and more..... You go and enjoy the day until the wedding sweetheart...."

Adele nodded "I might see at some point before the wedding before I put my dress on." She then stepped forward and kissed him of the cheek. She wore her robe and walked down stairs greeting Georgina at the door and then walked away.

Francesco watched them leave at the window and sighed. He loved her so much. Francesco then made his way down the stairs and unlocked a door to a downstairs bedroom. he walked in and saw his brother was laying down awake on a bed and he glanced at his brother "What is going to happen?"

Francesco walked in and spoke "No good morning? Of course you are as always ungrateful. Elize is gone by the way. You trying to break her away didn't work and you got caught. Others had to clean up your mess. Aunt Patricia had to speak to the Don for hours to get him to pardon you for breaking into his prison to get Elize out. You are pardoned. But you would never see Elize again. That decision that was made three days ago wont be reversed."

Costanzo sounded horrified "Is she .... dead? Please .... no." He had been locked in that room for days and watched 24 hours a day, with guards and servants as company only bringing him meals and checking on him. It was the first time Francesco had come to see him after he was caught.

Francesco spoke "No she is not dead. She is very much alive. Aunt Patricia convinced the Don to let her live. Her all women personell that ambushed the Don's ship will also be pardoned but .... they will be leaving their posts in government and joining aunt Patricia. They would post in their resignations and then would live with Aunt Patricia on her projects. I don't even know why the Don went so soft. I would have killed them all without a second thought if they were my prisoners. I may have spoken to the Don about it if I had the time...."

Costanzo breathed out deeply "But they don't know anything. They found nothing. If they are set free, they have no evidence against the Don. They trespassed and got caught. They found nothing illegal on that ship or rather didn't get the chance to... You wont get him to kill them. Are you?"

Francesco sat on a chair opposite the bed " I have other things on my mind. Its a mad decision. But I am getting married and killing is not something I wish to do on my wedding day. Now lets be clear, Amaranta is dead unless you marry her .... today."

Costanzo's eyes widened "What?"

Francesco nodded "Arturo went to the Don and told him about the arrangements. About the peaceful ways O'Neil has suggested to eliminate Ambrogio's threat. The Don is on his side. Your only chance is to marry Amaranta today. Today is my wedding so the Don wont interfere and wont kill. You can get away with marrying her...."

Costanzo breathed "What about the other people involved in the deal. When is Alessio getting married?"

Francesco stated "She already is married to Alicia. She arrived here after O'Neil made her a phone call about how he has brought Alessio and Amaranta here under heavy security. He told her, she would need to marry him as he touches down here or Arturo could be tempted to kill Alessio. So that is one wedding down. As for Ambrogio,..... his parents forced him to marry after O'Neil pushed it. He phoned the Voltolinis up and explained the treaty. Ambrogio is married to Portia now. it only leaves you. Do you want her or not. If you don't, then don't marry her and Arturo would kill her because the Don allows it. The only way the Don wouldn't declare war on the Voltolinis alongside the Augustinis and Marcianos is if you marry her. He wouldn't authorise attacking on a Rosario family member and Arturo would have to back off."

Francesco then walked to him "I just didn't want you to do anything stupid whilst the decision making was in progress and they took Elize and the rest of the agents away. I didn't intend to save you twice. Maybe I should have just let them take you to their prison and teach you a lesson when you were caught. I just did interfere because Adele saw you being dragged away there alongside Elize. Now that Elize is gone, think to yourself, does it matter if she dies or not. Just go now. Come back when you make up your mind. Amaranta is in O'Neil's guest house. You can tell which one because a bunch of Irish guards are there around the place. You get in there and tell Amaranta if you want her dead or alive. If you want her dead, then tell her you will never marry her. If you want her alive then get her to church today. the choice is simple.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 67.2K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
1.2M 45K 63
'The lost city of Atlantis once existed', 'Aliens are walking among us'. 𝒁𝒂𝒓𝒂 believes in all. But Mafia in the 21st century is a MYTH. ***** 𝑮�...
1.9M 35.2K 50
Book 2 in the mafia series, can be read as a stand-alone - - - "I do not love you and I don't want you anywhere near me. You are merely a business d...
712K 22.9K 65
❝I want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...