To Be With You | hoshi

By StrawberriMelon

One day, mom fell in love with a new man. Now she's getting married again. But she's not the... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii (last chapter)
One Fine Day
One Fine Day pt.2
The Start of Seungwoo
A Drunken Night
Alternative Ending
special chapter
not a chapter lol but i got tagged chapter

xi

11K 475 404
By StrawberriMelon

"What's the next class again?", Mingyu asked me. 

"Uh, it's English next.", I answered. He groaned and put his head on his desk. 

"But I don't like English.", he whined like a kid. 

I snickered at him. "Deal with it. It's the universal language."

"But we're Koreans. Isn't Korean enough?"

Before I could answer, the teacher came in. Mingyu sighed in his place. After English was lunch, I prepared my lunchbox and followed Mingyu and Seokmin to the table. Some time around, I sat at their table with Seung-ah. Ever since then, everyone sat together.

Somewhere on the table, Wonwoo was talking to Soonyoung. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I could just hear their conversation.

"Is your...", I can hear Wonwoo say. Your? His what?

"She's not really...", Soonyoung replied. She?

"Then, is she..." I could only hear bits of the conversation. As lunch was over, Wonwoo and Soonyoung got up before me. I was fixing my lunchbox when I heard Wonwoo say, "Man, I should get a girlfriend.", as they passed by me.

Yeah, everybody's single in this table. How sad.

Wait.

"Is your...""She's not really...""Then, is she...""Man, I should get a girlfriend."

I looked over to Soonyoung. Could it be...?

That dream is true.

"Oi! Miyoung!", Mingyu called. "We'll be late for class."

"O-oh, right.", I stuttered. I got my lunchbox and walked over to him. He was looking at me weirdly. "What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing."

The next class after this would be the last before dismissal. I'm so happy the day's finally over. Hello, weekend~

Mingyu was fixing the stuff on his desk. I laid down my head, wanting to sleep. When he was done fixing his stuff, he sighed.

"What's wrong?", I asked him.

"Nothing.", he answered. But after a moment of silence, "Miyoung, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Huh?" Baffled, I had to ask, "Why?"

"I heard Hoshi has a girlfriend. I just wondered if you're in a relationship too." Oh, Soonyoung, huh...

"Pfft. I don't think I'm that approachable for guys."

"Not really. You're actually cute, y'know."

I could feel my face heat up. "Are you hitting on me right now?"

"Maybe."

"I-uh-um, Mingyu,--"

"I bet Hoshi-hyung's girlfriend cute too. He likes girls who do aegyo."

"He does?"

He nodded. "I think you'd be better at doing aegyo, though."

"I'm not.", I pouted.

He looked at me sweetly and smiled. "Aww, see you're doing it right now. You're so cute~" He pinched one of my cheeks.

"Mingyu, stop it." How long is that teacher coming? Save me, oh Lord.

He chuckled. "Arasseo, I'll stop." He faced back the front and put his hands behind his head. "It'd be great if I were by your side." Σ░(꒪◊꒪ ))))

Mingyu's really surprising me a lot today, huh? "Mingyu, wha--" I got cut off by teacher's entrance. Why now?

For the whole class, I was so agitated in my head, I couldn't concentrate at all. I kept on glancing at Mingyu but he seems fine. Boiiii, we need to talk after thissss.

Classes were over. I was supposed to be happy but rather I am completely drained. I decided to talk things straight with Mingyu about our conversation a while ago. After fixing my bag, I was going to talk to Mingyu. But Seokmin, who was in charge of class duties today, asked me to do him a favor. I ended up saying I'll do it before I could process I just did. After doing everything needed, I sat down on a chair and sighed.

"I'm exhausted.", I mumbled.

I got my bag and got ready to leave. As I closed the doors, outside the classroom was Soonyoung. 

"Soonyoung..."

"Miyoung, why didn't you tell me you were on class duty?", he asked.

"Actually, it's Seokmin's--"

"Dokyeom's turn. I know."

"You could've left earlier. You didn't have to wait for me like always."

"What's wrong with waiting for my sister?", he asked, smiling. "You know how much I love you, right?"

"Isn't there someone who loves you waiting for you?", I asked back.

His smile dropped. "What do you mean?"

"A girl's waiting for you somewhere, right? I don't want to be the reason you're late."

"A girl? Miyoung, what are you--"

"Let's just get out of here." He didn't say anything afterwards. 

I don't know why I'm being a bitch to Soonyoung and why I'm so pissed. We always walked together when we go home. But this time was a bit different, there was distance. He was walking behind me. Usually, he'd take the lead and give detours before we could arrive home. 

"Miyoung-ah,", he said, pointing at a different street. "I'll be going here. You go ahead."

I just nodded in reply.

I arrived home and headed straight for my room. I jumped on my bed and brought out my phone. I was just about to turn it off until I got a my phone buzzed. I got a text... from Mingyu.

5:49 PM

Mingyu: 

annyeong miyoung

Miyoung: 

MINGYU LETS TALK

Mingyu:

we r talking 

Mingyu:

right now i mean

Miyoung:

can we talk outside??

Mingyu:

um sure

Mingyu:

where

Miyoung:

park near my house?

Mingyu:

👍

I met Mingyu at the park. We sat on a bench and were awkward at first.

Mingyu cleared his throat. "So, what do you want to  talk about?"

"Uh, yeah. About a while ago,...", I said.

"Ah, I was just messing with you.", he said. "No need to take it seriously."

"Is that so?"

"But actually,..." He glanced at me before looking away. "I actually like you since I met you. Just putting that out there."

"You serious?"

"Should I be?"

"Yes, you should. I ask of you."

He looked at me sternly. "I, Kim Mingyu, confess my feelings of attraction to thee, Kwon Miyoung."

"Too serious, bro." 

He just laughed. "But yeah, I do like you. It's not like I'm asking you to be my girlfriend."

"Wait, that's still different?"

"Uh, I think so..."

"That's kinda insulting. You like me but not enough as a girlfriend."

"It's not like that! I-uh-... do you want to be my girlfriend???", he shouted. 

[Mingyu & me: Σ(●ꉺ▱ꉺ●) ('⊙o⊙';)] 

People in the park turned their heads to us. The pressureeee. Um, I have to say yes in situations like this right? Right??

"Wait, don't answer that.", Mingyu said, putting a finger on my lips before I could answer. "You don't have to force yourself with me."

"Um, okay."

"Let's go home now."

"Okay."

He walked me home. Both of us didn't say a word. I thanked him and said goodbye when we arrived at my house. When I got up to my room, I looked out my window and saw Mingyu still there. I could see him scratching his head. He left after a while.

I stayed in my room until I felt hungry. While I was putting my dinner on a plate all I could think about was Mingyu. 

"Do you want to be my girlfriend???""You don't have to force yourself with me.""I actually liked you since I met you."

Mingyu's a good guy. I mean, he's a great guy. He's tall. He looks good. He's very kind. He cooks better than me( ;  ; ). I'm grateful for his feelings for me. But I don't know what to do when he's my boyfriend. Screw that. I've never had a boyfriend in my life. 

12:16 AM

Miyoung:

i'll do it

12:33 AM

Mingyu:

miyoung?

3:29 AM

Miyoung:

i'll be your girlfriend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 438 50
Seungcheol has never felt before That is until he meets Jihoon And suddenly all of these emotions are flooding into him like a waterfall Happiness a...
23.8K 891 11
where SOONHOON are not hiding their relationship but no one takes them seriously 😉 It's a short soonhoon fluffy fanfic with smut. please read at you...
52K 835 32
Seventeen Hoshi fanfiction ⚠️MATURE(smut)⚠️ "I think i'm falling for you Hyejin"Hoshi - -most impressive ranks #1 in #kwonsoonyoung 1/28/24🥇 -most i...
3.1K 152 9
A seventeen omega helper fanfic . . . 13 alphas wanting nothing more than to be whole and complete.. happy beyond measure. . . . What happens when...