This Could Be Us But You Play...

By Laurmani_My_Life

Trilogy won Harmo Award for the Best Dinah/You story You are a 18 year old, senior in high school in Oakland... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Paper? Please?
Chapter 2: Aloha oukou
Chapter 3: Maybe, Someday...
Chapter 4: #YSBH
Chapter 5: What Do I Do?
Chapter 6: Songs From The Heart
Chapter 7: Life Saver and a Heartbreaker
Chapter 8: Finally...
Chapter 9: Don't
Chapter 10: Maybe It's Progress
Chapter 11: Is It Jealousy?
Chapter 12: Figure My Heart Out
Chapter 13: I Ain't A Player...
❤Kehlani❤
Chapter 14: wRoNg
Chapter 15: My Whole World's Upside Down
Chapter 16: This Is All I Ever Dream
Chapter 17: My Love Song
Chapter 18: Sex With Me
Chapter 19: Mrs. Steal Your Girl
Chapter 20: fOoL fOr YoU
Chapter 21: Late Nights, Amnesia, Red Eyes, I Need You
Chapter 22: One Sweet Day
Chapter 23: I Want You
Chapter 24: Gonna Get Better
Chapter 25: Purpose
Chapter 26: I Wanna Be
Chapter 28: What Do You Mean
Chapter 29: My Video Vixen
Chapter 30: My Love
Epilogue
Sequel?!?

Chapter 27: Surprise

5.7K 195 130
By Laurmani_My_Life

I walked out on the stage to Drop It Like It's Hot smiling and waving. I tried to crip walk after Ellen tried to as well. We both shared a look that basically said we both suck at it and laughed. I hugged her and sat down smiling widely at her and the crowd. They kept cheering even after the music stopped and we had sat down. I laughed and waved at them again before I moved my arms up and down insinuating they sit down. It took a second but they eventually stopped and I turned to Ellen.

"I didn't get an applause like that and it's my show. You must be special."

She said making us all laugh. And the audience cheer for Ellen again once they stopped laughing. She waved them off making them sit back down.

"So, last time you were here you had just gotten off tour with Fifth Harmony and now you are headlining your own tour. How's that been?"

"Um, great actually. There's a little bit of a transition adjustment from getting told what to do, to calling the shots for things. But it's amazing."

"That's great. And I've heard that your second album is in the making."

She just stopped speaking, not really asking a question. I smiled and answered anyways.

"Yes. That is true. It's being made, slowly but surely."

"And the songs? Are they going to be like your first album?"

I shook my head.

"I don't think so. These last few months have been more.... loving than, how can I put this? Savagery?"

Ellen scoffed and shook her head making the crowd laugh too.

"I don't know. But the point is the songs I've written lately have been more lovey dovey than my normal writing. So, I think this album will be more like that. And I might go back to the first album type of music for my third and keep that type of back and forth cycle so my fans can always get both sides of me."

She nodded then adjusts so that she was facing me more.

"Speaking of, do you know you're the second person who has lied to me on this show? And you used the same lie? Like you called her and planned it out or something."

I looked at her shocked.

"What?"

I squeak out. She turned to her producers and nodded slightly. I looked at my private screen the was on the camera that was on me. The video started and it was of Selena Gomez from years ago when she said Justin was like her brother. It stopped on her scrunched up face making me look back at Ellen.

She raised her eyebrows at me then stuck her hand up when I tried to speak. I turned back to my little screen to see myself talking about Dinah being family. When it ended I scratched the back of my neck and laughed breathlessly.

"Ellen..."

"No, no. We're going to let the evidence speak for itself. But before we show it, have you seen the video of your get together with Dinah onstage?"

I shake my head before answering.

"No, but I heard someone say that there was a really cute part or something? I don't know, I've been busy."

She nodded as the video played just from when I hugged her and I told her "I love you" in her ear even though the people couldn't hear it. Then she pulled back and kissed me making me smile at the memory. When she hugged me again, I turned to the audience and smiled. Then I heard Dinah say "I love you Y/N." really cutely through her tears. Apparently my mic was close enough to catch it. I made a shocked face, turning back to the screen behind me. The video stopped and I smiled making an aww face at Ellen.

"I mean I just feel like you have to take back your whole you don't lie on talk shows comment."

I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, but when that aired we really weren't doing anything serious. But I promise I won't lie to you anymore."

She raised her eyebrows like she was about to test my statement.

"Oh really?"

I sighed knowing I was right making the crowd laugh softly at me.

"So how did that video make you feel?"

"I mean it was great seeing it again. That's why I wanted to have it recorded so I could always look back. And I'm definitely making that I love you my ringtone. She sounded so cute. It makes me miss her even more."

They all aww'd making me smile.

"And you haven't seen her since then?"

I shook my head, sticking out my bottom lip a little.

"No, she had to go back to L.A. to finish recording for 7/27 and I had to fly to Vegas for my tour. Then Fifth Harmony announced everything for their tour so they've been just as busy promoting the album and stuff. But we talk as much as we can. And I'm hoping that I can see her when I fly to New York tomorrow since they are supposed to be passing through I think."

Ellen nods and spoke again.

"That's sweet I hope you can see her soon. And no more lying."

She said pointing a finger at me.

"To you? Never."

"You guys make an adorable couple, by the way."

"I would hope so."

I said as she stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows at her actions as she waved her hand at me for me to stand as well.

"So, for the distance, I got you something."

I stood up with her and waited for her to walk back to me from around the chairs. One of her stage hands ran out with three hoodies to give her as she spoke.

"I've heard you love wearing hoodies so, I got you a few."

I laughed and clapped my hands a few times.

"Yay. What's on them?"

"Well, one has me on it."

She turned it around and it was a white hoodie with blue letters that said Ellen and her face. I laughed again at it and took it from her.

"I'm so wearing this to my next meet and greet."

"And I got you matching ones for you and Dinah."

They were both grey with black letters. One said My Bae with Dinah's face on it. And the other said My Boo with My face on it.

"Because her song Work From Home; My Bae and My Boo."

I turned to her with a shocked face on top of my smile and started laughing.

"Oh my god! I love it so much."

I said setting down the white hoodie on my chair and taking the one with Dinah on it from her.

"Now when I miss her but can't talk to her I can just wear this."

She nodded and smiled at me. The crowd started cheering which was weird since we hadn't done anything but I was too busy admiring the hoodie in my hands. I looked back to Ellen when her show's theme song started to play. She nodded her head to something behind me. I turned around to see Dinah walking towards us waving at the crowd.

My mouth fell open and I put the jacket on my chair, walking around it so I could meet her halfway. She looked at me and smiled before running as best as she could in heels and jumping into my arms. I felt my eyes water but fought off any tears that would've fell. Dinah on the other hand had tears streaming down her face. Well, more like onto my shirt.

"I missed you so much."

She said in my shoulder. I pulled back to wipe her tears away but she just connected our lips. I smiled into the kiss but kissed her back. I pulled away before it could go too far since we were still filming. When I did I heard Ellen's voice over her cheering audience.

"We'll be back."

When the camera's cut off I kissed Dinah one more time before I turned around. I grabbed her hand and she laced our fingers together and used her other hand to grab my arm.

"I should've known you had something else up your sleeve."

I said as I approached her. She smiled and shrugged.

"And you're welcome."

Dinah let go of me to hug Ellen and thank her. I smiled as I watched her interact with Ellen. Two months is way too long to be away from her. I heard one of her producers yell "60 seconds!" snapping me from my thoughts.

"Do you want to get her a seat? Or exchange for a bigger couch?"

Dinah looked at me and I shook my head.

"No, because she's only going to end up on my lap anyway."

Ellen laughed as she sat down in her chair.

"Just remember this is a family show please."

I nodded smiling at her as I sat in my chair as well. They started counting down at 10 seconds and I grabbed Dinah's hand so she could sit on my lap and still have her face on the camera. I wrapped my hands around her waist and she put hers around my neck. I sighed in content and kissed her on her neck lightly. She smiled and kissed me a few times softly as Ellen spoke.

"And we're back. With Y/N Y/L/N and Dinah Jane of Fifth Harmony. So, how's the tied down life been treating you both."

"Well I love it, but I'm also used to it. She on the other hand..."

I immediately defended myself cutting her off.

"Hey! I've been tied down before! Just, the distance thing is new. I'm great in relationships."

They all laughed at me as Ellen continued.

"I can tell. You seem to always mention Dinah on Twitter."

I nodded and tried to hide my blush as she continued.

"Do the other girls make fun of you as well?"

Dinah answered and I just watched her since I haven't been able to look at my girl in person for a while.

"Yeah, always. But luckily they all have someone that I can use against them as well."

"And your album is doing great too. When are you guys supposed to be touring?"

"Well, we go on our South American tour soon but the American leg doesn't start until 7/27."

"I see what y'all did there. But wow, so more distance."

I responded this time, sighing.

"Yeah, but my tour ends soon. Then I have a break so I can prepare for my album. So, hopefully I'll be able to be with her and the girls while they tour."

She nodded and smiled a little.

"Well, you have the hoodies to get you through until then. Now, though, we're going to play a short game."

I groaned and the audience laughed.

"Actually this one is more for the girls of Fifth Harmony. So we'll set up for them to come out and we'll play after this break."

A few seconds after that we were forced to stand up by producers and they put a love seat where the chair was and two stools behind it. We sat down once it was set and they counted Ellen back in.

"Please welcome, Fifth Harmony."

All In My Head started playing as the rest of the girls came out. I stood up and moved around Dinah so I could hug them and let them sit. I hugged all the girls normally except Camila, seeing as she jumped on me like the koala she is. I laughed and kissed her cheek then dropped her on her feet. Lauren and Ally sat on the stools and Dinah sat closest to Ellen. I sat next to her, then Camila sat beside me with Mani at the end.

"Okay, so, the game we are playing is called Heads Up."

She said pulling out the huge tablet that they were going to play on.

"Okay, this is so unfair. My game basically had me become dead girl walking."

Ellen was about to say something but Dinah beat her to it.

"Y/N/N, calm down. It's just a game."

I sighed and crossed my arms making Ellen raise her eyebrows at us. Someone in the crowd made a whipping noise making my mouth drop open.

"I am not whipped!"

All the girls smacked their teeth making my eyes widened that they sided with the audience member so quickly. Everyone was laughing at me. Ellen was trying not to but her face was red from trying to hide it.

"She is too though. Are y'all really going to act like she's not whipped too?"

I said shocked. They just shrugged.

"But no body is used to seeing you like that. Dinah almost is always whipped."

Normani said making me shake my head and mumble.

"I'm not whipped."

Dinah just laughed and kissed the side of my head.

"Yeah you are. But it's okay."

One of Ellen's producers got her attention telling her she needed to continue with the game. I sat back and watched them play; laughing here and there at them trying to get Ellen to guess what the word or phrase was. The girls would get mad at me and Camila because I would whisper hints for her to say and Ellen would always guess correctly. I was glad I was back around the girls. I missed being with them way more than I lead on.

"Okay, it was great having you guys here. Y/N is on tour on the east coast now with her debut album in stores now. After the break, Fifth Harmony will perform their new single All In My Head (Flex). We'll be back."

------------------

After the girls performed I had about 8 hours to hang out with the girls before I had to fly to Chicago. But before any of that I wanted to spend some time with Dinah. We were walking around the strip near the beach when Dinah stopped us walking and ran in a different direction, dragging me along with her.

"Dinah where are we going?"

She giggled and kept running until we stopped on the side of a building. She grabbed my arms and positioned me in a spot then planted her feet in a spot in front of me. I saw the security who were following us to make sure we weren't trampled by paps or fans finally find us; they stayed far enough away though so they didn't interfere with us.

"You're lucky they found us or we would be on punishment. Where are we anyways?"

"This right here is the spot where I had my first kiss."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"When did this happen and why we're you in L.A.?"

"I was six and it was our first trip here to the beach. It was a boy who we lived a few doors down from us and his family came too. He pulled me right here and kissed me then we ran to catch our parents. We broke up later that day because he was building a sand castle with another girl, but that's besides the point."

I laughed at her and took a step back but she grabbed my hands and pulled me back.

"What is the point exactly? Why are we here?"

"I want you to kiss me. Right here. In the spot where I had my first kiss."

"What? No I can't do that. This spot already belongs to someone else. I can't do that."

She pouted and threw her little mini fit.

"But we won't ever be able to find the spot where we had our first kiss because it was on a plane. So let's replace my old one with you."

I squinted my eyes at her and stepped closer to her.

"You really want to replace your first kiss memory with me?"

She nodded and threw her arms around my shoulders, sticking her bottom lip out again.

"Please."

I smirked at her and leaned forward biting her lip and pulling on it. She hissed and pulled her lip from my teeth before she kissed me. It was quick but was alot like what people imagine their first kiss to be like. She smiled when we pulled away and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you."

"Of course, babygirl."

I said squeezing her back.

"Now, can we go to the beach?"

She nodded and turned to lead the way to the beach. We'd been out for about an hour now and it was just hitting three on a Saturday which meant the beach would've been packed. But because of our combined popularity after announcing we were a couple, our security was able to find a secluded part of the beach and shut it down so it would be just us.

I had brought a blanket so we could lay on the sand. We were horizontal to the ocean and I was laying down with Dinah on her stomach in between my legs with her head laying on my stomach. I was laying down with my hands behind my head as we both looked out to the ocean taking in the view. After a while I started to look around at more than just the water.

"Hey, isn't this where you guys shot the Flex video?"

I felt her nod against my stomach. I sat up on my elbows and she just turned her head so her chin was resting on her arms.

"I was so stuck on your outfit that I didn't even realize how much I don't like it."

She furrowed her eyebrows looking at me confused and a little hurt.

"What?"

"Not like that, babe. I mean like it's so revealing. Like no one else needs to see that much of you."

She smiled and sat up making me sit up too.

"Really? Your jealous?"

"Um, have you seen the video? Hell yeah I'm jealous that I only got to see that much of you when everyone else saw it. I should always have first dibs on my girlfriend."

She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Okay first off, don't ever say that you called dibs on me. I'll kill you."

I rolled my eyes and she stood up and held her hand out for me to take.

"Second, you've definitely seen more of me than they have. Thirdly, since this section is already closed off, let's go swimming."

"In our underwear again?"

I asked standing up with her. She nodded and took her shirt off.

"Wait. What if someone sees. Paps are sneaky."

She shrugged and took her pants off.

"So, what?"

I smiled at her shaking my head before I followed her in. We walked out to where the water stopped at our chests, but we were bending our knees so it really stopped at our necks.

"Now why are we swimming, again?"

She smirked at me and took her arms out of her bra straps.

"Uh uh. What you doing?"

I said looking around to make sure there wasn't anyone watching. She just let her bra float next to us in the water.

"You're jealous because you were equal to everyone else even though you're not. So now you're seeing something that they haven't been able to yet...fully."

"Yeah. Y'all need to double up on that clothing tape because too many nip slips are happening."

She smiled but my smile dropped when I saw her underwear floating in the water too. She came closer to me and put her hands on my back and undid my bra too.

"Dinah.."

I said in a warning tone. She ignored me and slid my bra off.

"Don't start something you can't finish."

I said making her raise her eyebrows at me in a challenging way.

"Okay pervert. I'm trying yet again to prove a point that you are ruining."

"Oh yeah and what point is that?"

"That you are the only one that gets to see what's under the swimsuit. Not them."

I nodded and put my hands on her waist pulling her closer to me.

"And when exactly can I be a pervert? I mean, at one point you were just begging for this perv."

She rolled her eyes and shrugged a little looking at the water.

"Hey."

I said softly so she would look at me.

"Its okay. I get it. With the whole new relationship thing. We'll go there when we feel the timing is right. Okay?"

She nodded and smiled at me softly.

"Plus, I'll have you begging for me soon enough."

I said grabbing her bra and helping her put it on.

"I doubt that."

She said turning around so I could hook her bra together. I shrugged a little as she helped me do the same thing with my bra.

"You've never had phone sex with me before."

I said lowly as she put her underwear back on.

"Words don't effect me like that."

I laughed at her and grabbed her hand walking out the water. One of the security guards brought us some towels so we could try to dry off. Once we were done and had our clothes back on, I grabbed her hands and pulled her flush against my body. I kissed her, immediately deepening the kiss making her moan softly. She had let my hands go and grabbed the sides of my shirt and I put my hands her face. I pulled away from her and opened my eyes to see she still had hers closed and licking her lips. When I started talking she opened them.

"Words don't effect you like that? The same way you told me that you never moan when you're kissed and you don't have any sweet spots on your neck?"

She nodded and spoke quietly.

"I don't have sweet spots."

I smiled at her stubbornness and nodded.

"Yeah you do. Right here,"

I said rubbing my thumb over the side of the base of her neck.

"And here."

I said touching the spot on the opposite side where the edge of her jaw meets her neck. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders stepping away from her.

"But if you don't believe me I'll just have to prove it to you."

She rolled her eyes and helped me fold up the small blanket before I tucked it under my arm. I put my hands in my pockets and Dinah wrapped her arms around my arm that wasn't carrying the blanket.

"I hate you. It'll never work."

I smiled at her and pecked her lips.

"Challenge Accepted."

A/N A few more chapters and I'm going to end this book....Then I'm going to finish my Normani/You book since I've sort of abandoned it to write this and once that one ends I think I want to do a sequel to this book. I have a few ideas that might be good for a sequel so tell me if that would be something you guys want.

So, I've officially watched all three seasons of The 100 and its actually a pretty dope series. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. So I can't wait for season 4... but I don't get the huge thing about Clexa. I mean don't get me wrong I like them together but like being hardcore omg she shouldn't have died they were supposed to be happily ever after I don't get. And the worst part is I think I'm the only person who feels that way lol. Now I do feel like that about Lincoln though that hurt my heart when that happened. But idk. I get how you guys feel though cause on PLL they killed Maya and I think Emaya is absolutely endgame so I get the feelings and all but I just can't feel it with Lexa. Especially after that Mount Weather shit she pulled that's when it all went down hill for me. But I can say that I can finally see the draw to Alycia cause she's gorgeous. But I found out like 5 minutes ago that she has an Australian accent 😂

--STAY HAPPY BABES!!! ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.3K 24
Keauren/Camren/5H fanfiction. (You'll see what I mean) Lauren, Dinah, Camila, Normani, and Ally were all ordinary best friends ever since elementary...
35.8K 1.2K 14
You and Camila Cabello grew up with each other. You two were always best friends, but what happens when your feelings grow to strong? What happens wh...
90.2K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
856K 23.6K 194
Imagines about Fifth Harmony. If you have any requests for imagines, message me or leave your requests in the comment section! Hope you enjoy :) Cami...