The Only One To Thaw The Ice

By cold_jewels

Captain Cold x Diamond a.k.a Gaige Diamond hates being called by her real name unless it's Leonard Snart, whi... More

First Time
Interest
Police
The Flash
The Next Day
Second Heist
Weaponry
New Change
Distraction
Recovery
Friends
The Reverse Flash
Finding Gaige
Home
Drugged
You Waited Too Long
Insanity Or Powers...Or Both?
Time's Voices
Love is Weird
Unlikely Help
Captured?
Finding Captain Cold
Rescue
Ouch
Futuristic Technology Sucks
Explanations
Timekiller
Another Problem
Strange Places
Erased
Back From Time
Iced Heart
Painful Memories
Elucidation
Everyone And None
Gone?
Chemans
Mark Lyphius
The Aftermath
Wandering
I Wish I Hadn't Woken Up
Consequences
Sequel Published!

We Need Help

2.2K 65 24
By cold_jewels

Thanks to -Voidpyschodoll for the picture of Diamond! It's awesome!

Barry

Barry walked into the Lab the next morning after a restless night. He was unsurprised when he saw that Snart wasn't there.

"Hey Caitlin, do you know when Snart left?" Barry asked with a sigh.

"No, he was gone when I came in this morning," she responded looking up briefly from her computer screen and continued, "Gaige must've helped him, he was pretty beat up."

"I'll call her," Barry sighed and pulled his phone out.

The number dialed and Gaige picked up, "Hello?"

"Hey, did you take Snart?"

"Uh..." there was rustling on her end, "Would it be bad if I said yes?"

"Just, bring him here, we're going to figure this out."

"...okay,"

"See you soon,"

"What are you thinking, Barry?" Caitlin asked.

"We have to find what this 'connection' that Wells said was between Snart and Gaige," Barry paced.

"And what do you think it is?" Caitlin set down the pen in her hand.

"I don't know, maybe they can fill in a few blanks," Barry sighed.

Joe walked in hurriedly, "What happened?!"

"Uh, what are you talking about?" Barry asked knowing exactly what he meant.

"You went after the Reverse Flash? With Mick Rory?"

"Joe, Snart was captured, he wanted to help and I needed it," Barry sat down.

"But he's a criminal! Just like Snart! Why did you let them go?"

"I didn't have much choice, Gaige and Snart will be here soon," Barry sighed.

At that moment, Iris, Cisco, and Eddie showed up, only hearing what Barry had just finished saying.

"Great! We can arrest him then!" Eddie said.

"No one's arresting anyone alright? We need his help," Barry said grudgingly.

"He has a point," Caitlin agreed.

"But how do we know that Captain Cold isn't just going to turn on us?" Cisco questioned.

"Wells tortured him, I'm pretty sure if he was going to turn on us, he would've done it," Barry explained.

Gaige walked in holding up Snart saying, "This better be good, Barry, multiple broken ribs and a bunch of bruises means you stay off your feet for a while."

"I'm fine," Leonard muttered and removed his arm leaning against the wall.

Eddie and Joe had their weapons drawn on Snart which caused him to laugh spitefully, "Yeah, I'm real dangerous when I can barely lift my arms, I'm not sure what use I am to you in this condition, Barry."

"You can help us figure out what the Reverse Flash wants with you, what did he say?" Barry leaned against the table.

Leonard cleared his throat, "Well, he wanted my gun, something about me being connected to her," he pointed towards Gaige, "and him wanting to get home."

"Why was he torturing you?" Caitlin questioned.

"I don't know," Leonard lied.

"That doesn't make any sense, I'm sure Wells would have a reason for it, I mean he doesn't just torture people for no reason," Cisco sat in his chair.

"I don't know, I didn't have the chance to ask," Leo snapped.

"Okay, let's just think about this, how are we going to catch him, we have to find a way to stop him before he completes what he's doing, it undoubtedly won't go well for Gaige," Caitlin expressed with her hands.

"So how are we going to catch him?" Iris put in.

Gaige took a deep breath.

Looks like I'll have to handle this one.

She tried to access her powers...but it didn't work a loud buzzing rang through her head. Memories of her own and someone else's flashed across her vision. She let out a horrified scream and stumbled back into Leonard, causing him grip her shoulder suppressing his own scream.

"What was that?!" Iris exclaimed taking her away from Leonard's arms.

Gaige just groaned a response and rubbed her head.

"Gaige! Hey, open your eyes! Look at me," Caitlin rushed over.

"I'm fine," she stumbled forward.

Leonard watched helplessly as Caitlin helped Gaige to the hospital bed he had just been in a few hours ago.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Eddie asked.

"We don't even know what happened," Caitlin took Diamond's pulse.

"Reverse Flash, the particle accelerator, he's draining me," Gaige muttered eyes still closed.

"What does the particle accelerator have to do with anything?" Cisco walked over.

"Her heart rate's dropping!" Caitlin exclaimed as she watched Gaige start gasping for breath.

"Your supposed to be the brilliant doctor, can't you do something?" Leonard asked frustratedly as he watched Diamond shake.

"What was that serum you had me give her before?" Caitlin sighed looking desperately for an answer.

Leonard groaned, "There's none left that I know of."

"How are we going to fix this?!" Joe gave each of them a look.

"Ow," Diamond whined.

"She's stabilizing!" Caitlin proclaimed surprisedly.

"How?" Eddie stepped closer.

"I don't know," she shook her head.

"It's off! Why would he do that, doesn't make sense," Diamond gasped out.

"What are you talking about?" Barry inquired worriedly next to her.

"Come on," Gaige said standing up slowly.

She led them down, with Leonard painfully keeping up, to where it all began, the particle accelerator.

"Okay, now why would he turn it off,"Gaige breathed.

"Your not making sense, Diamond," Leonard leaned against the wall.

"Yes I am, it makes perfect sense, the only confusing thing is why turn it off if your so close to finishing your goal?" She looked around the ring, at this moment everyone thought she was crazy, save Leonard.

"Start at the beginning," Leo urged.

"Wells, he wants to get home, he needs me or more accurately my powers as well as the accelerator and your gun, I assume that he found a way to try and take my powers, but he stopped it when he was so close to ripping me apart...it doesn't make sense," Gaige explained shaking her head.

"Maybe you somehow shut it off," Iris suggested.

"Perhaps...but doubtful," Diamond sighed.

"You are much more powerful than I thought," Wells voice echoed.

"Get out!" Gaige screamed and they all made it passed the door except for Eddie and Diamond.

Barry ran right into the door trying to go back and get them.

"What is going to happen to them?" Iris panicked.

To answer her an automated voice announced, "Releasing locks."

"That's bad," Joe said.

"Hey, Gaige there's a way out of here right?" They heard Eddie say.

"Um, I don't think so," Gaige's reply came.

"There has to be a way!" Leonard yelled.

"Leo its okay, I'll be fine, just get out of here before Wells captures you again," Diamond's soft worried voice came through the door.

"Like hell!" Leonard argued.

She screamed, then multiple bullet shots.

"You missed?! Oh my god you freaking missed!? Give me that!" Diamond freaked out.

"This can't be happening!" Caitlin cried.

More gunshots then silence.

"You're good at that," Eddie said.

Leonard shot his cold gun at the door freezing it solid.

"Great job, now it's iced over," Joe growled.

"No, its now ice," he spat and then hit it repeatedly with his gun, after a few more hits it shattered with a yelp from Gaige.

She ran through immediately to Leonard, "Ow, my ribs are still broken you know."

Diamond let him lean on her as she said, "Wells is going to undoubtedly start it again, we have to find him before that."

They made their way up to the cortex, "We need help, we can't do this alone," Caitlin sighed.

Barry nodded, "I think I have an idea for that."

Sooooo what did you think???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.6K 16
Captain Cold. Also known as Leonard Snart an egotistical yet clever thief. He has a smart mouth and a cold heart, at least until he meets blaine. Bl...
19.8K 465 20
When Barry Allen returned from the speedforce, a lot had changed..... His feelings for Iris were still there , but not like before.. and when Iris t...
76.3K 1.3K 59
When a Bad Girl Moves the Inglewood High after being kick out of her old school & Meets The Bad Boy of Inglewood High. Elsa starts having...
34.8K 1K 34
TAGS CAN BE SPOILERS!!!!!!! This story can be very triggering. Just a precaution. Be warned, take this seriously, and look at the tags. Barry has had...