Answering God's Call

By Priceless143

This was written by Pastor Sur Del Rosario. I'm not taking any credit. It was all his. :) I just want to shar... More

Introduction
Surviving My Schedule
Jesus- Way, Truth, Life
Jesus- The Good Shepherd
Jesus- Light of the World
Blessings of Friendship
Meaningless: Meaning-LESS
Test and Promotions
God Sings Along
Guilty Gripped by Grace
Sacrifices of the Broken Heart
God's Kindness Leads to Repentance
Perfect in Thorns
Jesus is Real
Rest Your Soul
Do Not Harden Your Hearts
Growing Through Temptations
Chosen by God
Live by Faith
Break the Silence
Put Them On
Heaven is Now
Continue in the Faith
He Holds Everything Together
Life Worthy of the Lord
The Gospel of Grace
The Secret of Being Content
Peace of Mind
Perfect Goal
Surpassing Greatness
Prepare for the Shake
Alignment
All Things Work For Good.. Really!
Finish The Work
Run With a Clear Purpose
Wise Heart Knows
God's Will, Tested and Approved
Will God?
Transcending Peace
Train For Righteousness
Remorse
Power of Focus
Lord, Surprise Us
The Termite Effect
The Fruit Evidence
Life in Six Chapters
Why Are You There?
Superlative
The First and Last Hurrah
Assurance in God's Presence
Stirred by Faith
Just Say the Word
Radical Generosity
Giving is Gaining
Payback
Genuine Change
He Must Become Greater
Worth the Waiting
The Gift of Waiting
Jesus, The Resurrection and the Life
Surprised by God's Peace

Godly Desire

361 1 0
By Priceless143

Desire is that deep longing we have in our hearts. Sadly, most of our desires are conditioned by our sinful nature. The Scriptures warn, “For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want” (Galatians 5:17). Because we are sinful, our desires include things that offend God. 

However, our desires can be directed to things that honor God. Psalm 20:4 says, May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 37:4 adds, Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. God is willing to satisfy our desires provided that we first take delight in Him. 

Godly desires fuel our passion for God. When we truly want Him then we passionately purse Him. Our prayers are transformed from lifeless conversation to intimate moments with our Creator. As the man of prayer E.M. Bounds writes, “The soul cannot be [inactive] when some great desire fixes and inflames it…Strong desires make strong prayers… the neglect of prayer is the fearful token of dead spiritual desires. There can be no true praying without desire.”

Godly desires push us to come to God just like the bleeding woman who desperately wanted to be healed yet felt so unclean that she just thought of touching the hem of the garment of Jesus. Her desire propelled her to ignore cultural taboos and persisted to touch Jesus. As we learn from her, godly desires can be born in the most trying times. Desires spark us to draw near and hold on to Jesus.

Are you just getting by, living like the mechanical clock- monotonous, void of any passion? Let God fill you with godly desires. Allow him to instill a passion in your heart, first for Him then for His cause. Then you will no longer have to drag yourself through life. instead, you will live every day with great enthusiasm.

Bring back that spark. Ignite a passion for God. Run after godly pursuits. Pursue God.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 5.8K 198
TAKE WHATEVER STORY IDEA YOU WANT. I'M NO LONGER USING THIS ACCOUNT. story ideas for the uncreative ♡ proven to be the best story ideas to ever exist...
26K 993 22
wrote this 2 months ago but only publishing it now on 08/10/22 started: 05/08/22 published: 08/10/22 completed: 16/01/24
58.4K 923 21
It'd make me feel better if you didn't read this. I am leaving it up tho.
5.2K 301 32
Thank you to everyone has read this. You have no idea how much this means to me.. I also want to thank the people who inspired me to write this story...