Liquid Luck [Sirius Black]/ed...

By maraudersnme

"You're the goodest bad girl I've ever met." More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
chapter 75
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 86
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
chapter 95
Chapter 96
chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
chapter 105
chapter 106
chapter 107
chapter 108
chapter 109
chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138

chapter 13

20.4K 854 854
By maraudersnme

It's been two days since the day at the platform. Mum's been distant, as expected. But quite surprisingly, Dad's started putting a lot more effort into our relationship. He's started asking me about my new friends and what I've learned at Hogwarts. Now normally he'd be one to stay in his own lane and let me live my own life. He's never really been interested in speaking with me. I like that he's making an effort now though.

"Dad, you remember how I told you about my mate James?" I ask as we eat breakfast together. I catch Mum raising a questioning eyebrow at me from the corner of my eye but she says nothing.

"Of course, sweetheart." Dad smiles lopsidedly at me, taking a sip of his mug filled with coffee. "Quidditch boy!"

"Yes, that's the one!" I confirm with a smile of my own. "Could I maybe invite him over for the day?" I asks, giving him my signature pout that I know is difficult to resist.

He eyes me and before he could break under the look, he mumbles a soft, "Ask your mother."

I refocus the pout on mum and make sure to widen my eyes innocently. "Mum?" I ask in my most charming tone of voice. Once again, her eyes soften as she gazes at me.

A small smile slips onto her lips. A genuine smile directed at me. My heart swells in my chest but I don't allow the look to falter. "Alright!" She sighs, still smiling. Suddenly Dad is smiling, too, and so am I. I squeal in my seat and thank her profusely. She allows a small laugh to escape her lips before turning back to the Daily Prophet.

As much as Mum can make me feel like a failure, I can't help but crave her attention, as well as her approval. Maybe Everliah is right and she is coming around. "Mum?" I ask causing her blue eyes to lift from the paper again.

"Yes, dear?" Dear. Dear! She called me dear! Okay, I'm officially pathetic.

"I-I love you." I mumble. "I know Gryffindor is not exactly what you wanted for me and I'm sorry. I promise I won't cause trouble when grandpa comes to visit. I'll stay quiet and I'll even wear Ravenclaw colours."

I hate when people are mad at me. Call me weak but I can't handle it. I need to be liked. I suppose that's a bad quality to have, I mean no one can be liked by everyone. But that won't stop me from trying.

Any trace of a cold exterior melts away and her eyes fill with a familiar warmth that I've missed oh so much. "Oh honey, you know I love you too. It was all a big surprise is all. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you were anything less than what you are. I should've been proud of you instead of letting my own prejudices get the better of me. And I'm the one that should be saying sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Apology accepted!" I announce, running around the table to envelop her in a bone-crushing hug. She laughs a genuine laugh and hugs me back.

"Now, this James. Is he your boyfriend?" Mum asks with a playful smile.

"No!" I say a little too loudly with wide eyes. "We're just friends! I'm...twelve for Merlin's sake!"

"But you fancy him, don't you? I mean, with the way you were talking about all of those boys, I had a hard time telling which one you liked most! But now I'm sure it's Mr Quidditch." Dad says.

"Oh sweet Merlin no." I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

*

When the doorbell finally rings, I immediately rush downstairs. When I swing the door open with a hug grin, I spot James Potter leaning against the doorframe with a cocky smirk. "Couldn't last two minutes without my company, could you?" I roll my eyes, grab him by the front of his shirt and toss him inside.

"JAMES IS HERE!" I call up the stairs.

Mum runs down giddily. "James! It's such a pleasure to meet you."

Dad nods in agreement as he emerges from the kitchen. "Chiara here has told me so much about you." He smiles at him before leaning closer to whisper just loud enough so that I can hear, "Between you and me, I think she has a crush on you." James laughs interestedly.

"Dad, I do not!" I groan, shoving James away from my parents and up the stairs.

"So, your father says you fancy me." James smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh stop it James, I don't like you. As a matter of fact, I hate you." I state grumpily.

"Hurtful! Why must you insist on breaking my heart like this, Holland?" James exclaims dramatically holding his hands over his heart. "Just when I thought our relationship was headed somewhere!"

I lead him to a room, my room, ignoring his silly antics. "This is my room." I present with my arms up, gesturing around goofily. He walks in after me and his face erupts in a gleaming smile. "Why does your room smell so good?" James asks, looking foolish while sniffing the air.

"Ah. That! Well, Mr Potter, I managed to duplicate the Amortentia that Sirius got me for Christmas and sprayed it all over my room." I smirk.

"That's very smart." James says overly casually, stuffing his hands in his jeans front pockets. "Smart smart smart smart smart."

"James, you're acting really strange—OH MERLIN!" I break into a fit of giggles when James attacks my sides in tickles.

Benjamin walks into my room and upon catching sight of me and James sprawled out across the bottom bunk of my bed, panting heavily, he stops dead in his tracks. "Why are you two just laying around?" He asks, tilting his head in confusion.

"We're recovering from a tickle fight." I tell him with a widening grin.

"Brilliant! Who won?" He asks with a grin of his own.

"I did." I tell him, puffing my chest out arrogantly.

James faces me with a less than amused look. "Woah, woah, woah...woah!" He turns to Benjamin. "The only reason she won was because I was out of breath and –"

"That's so not true! You had the advantage of starting this whole thing and I still won!" I cut him off.

"Nu-uh! I tickled you once and you attacked me!" James exclaims, throwing his hands about dramatically. He turns to lock eyes with Benjamin again. "She attacked me!" He points an accusing finger at me and I slap it away.

"Well I never!" I yell.

Benjamin stares at us with a bemused expression and somewhere amidst our bickering, he leaves. James smirks evilly and forges confusion, "What is it we were fighting about?"

I open and close my mouth a few times, racking my brain for the reason. "I don't know..." I frown furrowing my brows.

James laughs at my lack of brain cells and I glare in his direction. "Stop laughing at me!" I slap his arm.

"Ouch! Chiara's mum! Chiara hit me!" He cries and it's then that I slap my hand over his mouth instead.

"Shove it, Jamesie! Don't be such a baby." I laugh.

I remove my hand from his face and drum my fingers on my lap. "Why don't we..." My eyes light up as an idea graces my thoughts. I lean in to whisper my idea to him.

*

James and I whoosh around the house. Playing catch, with a twist. The broomsticks we're using to fly being the twist. I'm borrowing Dad's broomstick from his golden years and James is riding the one I got him for Christmas.

We pass a Quaffle back and forth. "Will you be trying out for Quidditch?" James asks excitedly all the while skillfully catching the ball single-handedly.

"You know it, brother!" I giggle, catching the Quaffle by swinging upside-down on the broom. "I assume I don't have to ask if you will be, Mr Quidditch."

"You know me all too well, madam!" He mimicking a person of prestige. "Which position do you reckon you'll go out for?"

"Beater! Just imagine the looks on the other team's faces when they see little me!" I laugh at the mental image. "They won't know what hit them—quite literally!"

"Now that I can't wait to see!"

*

To end the day, James and I fall asleep on the couches.

I jump awake when mum gently pokes my shoulder. "Can fish eat other fish?!" I exclaim bluntly, my eyes flying open just as suddenly. Mum snorts and shakes her head at me. I turn my head at a heaviness on my shoulder. Beside me rests James' sleeping figure.

"Think we should wake the poor boy? It's getting late and I'm sure his parents will be worried." Mum asks me and I nod.

I shake James awake and he flutters his eyes open to reveal a pair of sparkling hazel eyes. He smiles up at me. "Was your day a little less boring?" James asks hopefully.

"Definitely!" I grin at my best friend. "Just so you know, I might owl you tomorrow for another day of fun." He chuckles and nods his head.

"I'd expect nothing less."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 216 26
"we were likely to never happen"
128 5 5
a harry x reader story
132 19 17
"You never know how much you need someone... until they're gone."
18.3K 569 19
"You Loved Me During My Darkest Time."