Lab Rats: Season 2

By MarvelWorksWonders

IT'S SEASON TWO OF LAB RATS!!!! The journey continues as Katie adventures with the Davenports all while balan... More

Introducing Chatie
Speed Trapped
Spy Fly
Missin' The Mission
Quarentined
Play With Fire
A Girl Worth It All
Robot Fight Club
Author's Note...New Character? (Readers Choice)
Author's Note #2
Bro Down
The Rats Strike Back
Read Me!
Chances and Railroad Spaces
Terrors Of The Heart
An Eye For An Eye
Chatie The Match Makers
The Seaford-Mission Creek Swap
Welcome To Mission Creek
Goofed Up (pt 1)
Goofed Up (pt 2)
Parallel Universe
Spike's Got Talent
Leo vs. Evil
Hole in One
Trucked Out
The Bionic 500
Bionic Showdown
Spirited Away
Memory Wipe
Avalanche!
The Flirtatious Mishap
Adam Up
I Dream A Nightmare
The Haunting of Mission Creek High
I've Got the Eye of the Tiger
Perry 2.0
My Little Brother
Prank You Very Much
Twas the Mission Before Christmas
Trent Gets Schooled
Authors Note: Please Read!
Never Been This Lucky Before
Sorry! Another Author's Note!
No Going Back
Authors Note: Sequel is Up!

Llama Drama

9.9K 132 18
By MarvelWorksWonders

I gathered up all my school books into my backpack before making my way out of my house. I was meeting up with the Davenport’s at their house and was going to walk to school with them. When I got there, I just used the key and headed down to the lab where Adam, Bree and Chase were getting ready to leave.

“Morning guys,” I replied “You guys ready to go?”

Chase pecked my cheek “Almost.”

Adam picked up a glass jar “Hey can I use this? I need a place to store my toe nail clippings.” I gagged and shouldered my backpack higher on my shoulder.

“You save your toenails,” Leo asked astonished.

‘Of course,” Adam replied “They’re nature’s toothpicks.”

“Ew,” I cringed “That is so gross.”

“You don’t even want to know what he flosses with,” Bree told me and I gagged again.

“You really don’t.”

Suddenly Chase rushed over from what he was doing with a clipboard and grabbed the glass jar from Adam’s hands “Hey! Get away from that,” he said “It’s not empty. There are thousands of metallic nano-bots in there.” Chase put the glass jar back on the counter top.

“Well then why can’t I see them?”

“Because they’re microscopically small,” Chase said.

“But,” Adam said “You’re microscopically small and I can see you.”

Oh Adam…always with the short jokes…it’s getting really old.

“Nano-bots are so tiny; they’re invisible to the human eye.” Chase explained “Here I’ll show you.” Chase grabbed a pair of goggles and told Adam to put them on.

“Whoa,” Adam marveled and Chase went on to explaining what they do.

“They function like mini doctors inside the human body. When patients swallow them, they’ll seek and destroy diseased cells or foreign matter.”

Sometimes I love my boyfriend’s big brain…

Adam took off the goggles “Ooh, I got a tennis ball and a mini statue of liberty somewhere in my gut,” Adam then patted his stomach for emphasis “It’s time to swallow a search party.” Adam went for the jar but Chase grabbed in back from him.

And sometimes I hate my boyfriend’s brother’s dumbness…

“Adam no! Those are valuable.”

“Come on Katie and Leo,” Bree said zipping up her backpack “We don’t want to step on broken glass.”

“What broken glass?”

Leo asked too soon and as Chase and Adam were fighting over the glass jar, it slipped and landed on the floor, glass shattered everywhere.

“Right,” he said before I followed them out of the lab. I didn’t want to deal with the aftermath of that one.

“I’ll meet you at school Chase!” I yelled over my shoulder in hopes that he heard me.

All I heard was a frantic “Bye!” come from behind me and I smiled as Leo, Bree and I entered the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I noticed Chase and Adam walk through the doors and was the first one to greet them “Nice to know you two finally showed up to school. What took you so long?”

Chase kissed my forehead “It took us over a half hour to get all the Nano-bots together. It was hard because there was only one pair of goggles and Adam kept playing with them.”

I pouted and kissed him quickly “awe, you poor baby.”

“Anyway,” Chase smiled before frowning in confusion “Why is Dewey the Dingo standing in the hallway?”

“Uh, I don’t know,” Adam said “But I think it means we get six more weeks of winter.”

Suddenly the lights dimmed and a spotlight was moving across the room. Principal Perry’s voice boomed over the intercom “Ladies and gentlemen,” I hovered closer to Chase. I was afraid Principal Perry would pop out of nowhere and scare me half to death…she does that on occasion and I had to restart my heart a couple of times “introducing your principal, a four eleven spitfire from Portland, Maine…Terry Perry!”

Principal Perry came out of her office and high fived a couple of students. I took a couple of steps back in order avoid touching her. We all gave her confused looks before she explained.

“Just thought I’d spice up the morning announcements, takes me back to the days when I use to play pro ball in Romania,” she said stretching out her short legs. “Here you go kid,” she said taking off her sweat bands and handing it to a random kid next to her “a souvenir.” Principal Perry then walked over to our mascot “I’m sure you’re all wondering why Dewey the Dingo is here. Every year before the big homecoming game against the Deerfield High Leaping Llamas, some punk manages to steal Dewey. No matter where I put it, they always find a way to get it.”

“Maybe you should to try wearing it,” Chase joked “maybe that will keep people away.”

“Do you really want to go there Susie skinny jeans?” Perry mocked back at Chase “Any who to make certain they don’t take him this year,” A kid I recognized from homeroom handed Principal Perry a clipboard “I’m assigning round the clock shifts,” Perry shoved the clipboard against Chase chest “Alright! I’m going to hit the hot tub. Heard a couple things pop when I ran out here.”

“We have a hot tub?” I mumbled to myself as I watched her go back into her office.

“Two man shifts and she paired me with you,” Chase complained.

“Great,” Adam mused “So we got one man, who’s the other one?”

Chase looked over to me “Why couldn’t she have paired me with you? It’s so much better when you don’t want to throttle your partner.”

I patted Chase’s cheek before kissing his jaw “You’ll live.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bree dragged me towards the gym against my will after leaving Chase to deal with Adam’s constant chatter by himself. I tried getting away but she’s stronger than she looks!

We stopped by the entrance to the gym and noticed people setting up in there. We were curious so we looked inside “What’s going on in here? Domino Domination?” Bree asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders “I don’t know. This is all new to me.”

“I don’t know anything about dominos but if gym class is cancelled then I’m all for it.” Leo replied.

I almost groaned when Katelyn walked past us but stopped when I noticed she was part of the ‘Domination’ too.

“Hey Katelyn are you doing the Domino Domination?”

“Doing? No,” she said “Annihilating every competitor that comes my way? Yes. You may not know this but I come from four generations of domino droppers.”

“And that’s something you’re proud of?”

Katelyn pulled out a silver domino award from under hear jacket “I got stuck with second place last year. If it happens again, I’ll have to shave my head and move to the desert and hope the coyotes will accept me as one of them.”

“That’s a bit extreme, don’t you think?” I asked her before getting a glare from her “Okay, sorry.”

“That is something a stable person would say,” Leo muttered to me.

“So how do these competitions work,” Bree asked and internally groaned. Knowing Bree, she would drag me into doing something like this…and I already think this is lame

“You get points for number of dominos toppled and originality. My designs are super original because, well, there is only one me.”

“Amen to that,” Leo muttered again and I smiled but it was only for a few seconds.

“Do you guys want to do it with me? My team mates just bailed. They couldn’t handle the pressure.”

My eyes went wide as I looked at her. Oh no, this is what I was afraid of. Before Bree or Leo could answer, I spoke up and looked down at my wrist “Oh look at that. I need to meet Chase; he said he has something important to tell me.” And with that I took off. I swear you would think my feet were on fire from how fast I ran.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I bumped into Chase as I walked towards the restrooms.

“Hey, how’s the mascot babysitting going?” I asked and Chase rolled his eyes.

“I’m bored out of my mind. Nothing is happening.” He said as we made our way back over to the mascot but when we got there, Dewey the Dingo was gone.

“Adam, what happened to the Dingo?”

“Well I don’t know. I was helping the new kid, Griffin, with the vending machine.” Adam replied.

“What?” Chase said.

“Adam there is no new kid name Griffin,” I told him slowly.

“He lied to you!” Chase finished for me.

Adam looked lost and Chase looked at me in panic “He must have been from Deerfield. He stole the Dingo!”

“He lied to me? Well that doesn’t sound like Griffin at all.”

“Great,” Chase said “Now I have to go get the Dingo back before Perry finds out. Once again, I have to clean up your mess.”

“Wait, no,” Adam told him “I’ll sneak into Deerfield and get it back. My friend Griffin goes there. He can help me out,” and with that Adam took off leaving Chase and I to question his insanity levels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So in the end, Chase and I went back to the lab as Adam infiltrated Deerfield High School. We listened in as Adam cheered “Go Llamas” but made a totally different animal sound; more specifically a bird and the both of us rolled our eyes. Chase was biting his nails and I placed my hand on his to stop his awful habit. Chase didn’t let go of my hand and instead threaded our fingers together. If we hadn’t had Adam on the other side of the com set it would have been romantic…kind of.

“Adam have you found the Dingo yet?”

“No,” Adam said “I’ve checked everywhere but the locker room. It’s got to be here somewhere.”

“Okay but be discreet,” Chase said.

“Do you really think he knows what discreet means babe?”

“Right,” and like my statement, we could hear the jingle of the locker handle and then him banging on one of the lockers. Suddenly there was a loud clang and Chase I knew he had ripped off the locker door.

“That’s on me for thinking you know what discreet means!”

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Didn’t I just tell him that, like, ten minutes ago?

We then heard Adam gasp “Dewey,” Good, Adam found the mascot. Now he could get the heck out of there before he got caught “Shh, someone’s coming.” There was more shuffling before Adam said “Whew that was close.”

Chase pulled on my hand “Come on. We need to get back to school and meet up with Adam.”

I nodded my head and followed my boyfriend out of the lab.

Has anyone noticed that I follow most of the time? It’s weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chase panicked and paced back and forth in front of me.

“Please stop pacing Chase. I’m sure Adam will be here any minute.”

Chase stopped when he lifted his head. Dewey the Dingo was standing in front of him. We both knew it was Adam.

“Don’t be scared. It’s not a real Dingo. It’s just me; you’re brother Adam in a Dingo costume.”

“Great,” Chase whispered and I had to stand up to hear better “but why are you wearing it?”

“Chase,” Adam said lifting off the Dingo head “You can’t have a costume and not put it on. It’s an unwritten rule. It’s sort of like how you don’t have to wash your legs or feet because the shower water trickles down.”

“Yeah. Yeah. Okay bye.”

“Perry’s coming!”

Adam quickly put the dingo head back on and Perry strolled out in a huff “I just got off the phone with the principal over at Deerfield. He said that someone stole their llama. I hope none of you are dumb enough to do that because it would be illegal and I can’t have Johnny law breathing down my neck again.”

“Again,” Chase and I asked together.

“Let’s just say I’m on a lot of lists.”

Perry walked away and Chase and I leaned closer to our fellow mascot “Adam,” Chase said “please tell me you did not bring their llama here.”

He wouldn’t! But maybe he would…

Adam took off the dingo head and scoffed “Of course not,” he said and dragged us back to Davenport’s lab during break. There standing in the middle of the lab was Deerfield High’s llama “I brought it here!”

Like that’s a good thing?

I groaned and smacked my hand to my forehead in frustration. How the hell are we going to get this llama back at Deerfield without getting into trouble? Oh wait, we can’t!

Adam began petting the llama and I began to chew on my fingernails nervously.

“I can’t believe you stole a llama and brought here,” Chase complained.

“Well I couldn’t bring it to school. It’s the first place they’d look. Plus I wanted to show it the house. Poor guys stuck out doors all day.” Adam tried to reason and I felt like smacking him then and there.

“What were you thinking?”

“I wanted to teach those Deerfield jerks that if they steal from us, there will be consequences,” I admit he did have a valid reason but the action was just plain stupid.

“So you taught them a lesson about stealing by stealing?” I asked.

Adam nodded his head “I see your point. I stole their idea.”

Chase was leaning against the counter when the llama licked his hand. I couldn’t help but giggle when he jumped “Ew! Gross!”

“Yup, he’s a licker…like me.” Adam said petting the llama.

Chase’s watch beeped “Oh no,” he said “It’s our turn to watch the dingo.”

“Again?”

Chase looked from me to Adam and explained “Principal Perry thought we did such a good job, she rewarded us by giving us another shift.”

“She is always thinking of us,” Adam mused and I giggled “What a giver.”

“That or she has a secret crush on you.”

Chase looked at me and pointed “That is not even funny Katie.”

“I thought it was,” Was my reply and Chase ignored my comment.

“Oh what am I going to do? I can’t deal with a llama and watch the dingo.”

“Hey,” Adam said “No worries. I’ll watch the llama. I wanna see what he looks like in socks.”

“No. No way,” Chase said “Because it always starts out with socks and then it ends up with a llama in ski pants on a trampoline and no one wants to see that!”

Adam laughed “Everyone wants to see that.”

“All the same, we’re not doing it. Go take care of the dingo and I’ll fix this,” he said motioning to the llama.

“Fine,” Adam muttered “Just let me say goodbye to Lorenzo llama.”

As Adam went to say goodbye, I leaned over and whispered “Who names a llama Lorenzo? Who would name a llama in general?”

“Apparently Deerfield,” Chase replied with a crooked smile.

We then proceeded to watch Adam kiss the llama on the head and I gagged as he swallowed some llama hair “It tastes like chicken.”

“Go!” Chase pushed him towards the door and when he was gone. Suddenly we both heard a clanking sound and we both panicked when we saw the llama start to eat the Nano-bots.

“The Nano-bots! Bad llama!” Chase scolded him like a child. The llama turned and breathed in Chase’s face and I could see all the color rush from his face as he turned his face away “Okay, if you and I are going to be spending any kind of time together, you’re going to need a mint.”

“Or maybe a whole bag full of them,” I replied getting a whiff of it and coughed “Really bad llama breath.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shortly after, Chase and I arrived back at school in time for our locker break. Chase kept pulling me along like a ragdoll all the way to school. I almost tripped three times trying to keep up with him…yeah, that’s right, I kept count!

Chase skidded right next to Adam and Dewey the Dingo which forced me to collide with his back “Adam,” Chase whispered so no one could over hear us “we have a big problem!”

“We,” Adam scoffed “it’s not my fault your haircut makes you look like a lady golfer.”

I rolled my eyes as Chase stopped to question what Adam said “What? No! The llama ate the Nano-bots. They’re biology’s different, there’s no telling how it’ll react!”

All of a sudden we heard the click clack of hooves as Principal Perry strolled into the hallway with said llama “Why was the Deerfield llama outside straddling my hatchback?”

I coughed and covered my mouth with my hands in order to stop me from laughing. The picture itself was pretty amusing.

Adam turned to Chase bewildered “He’s filled with highly unstable Nano-bots and you brought him here? Bet you wished we stuck to ski pants now.”

The llama started groaning before spitting on Principal Perry. I gagged as it dripped down the side of her face. It looked like Perry was kind of unfazed about the whole situation.

“It’s okay,” She said “I speak llama. When he spits it means he likes me.”

Yeah…I’m sure that’s not it.

“FYI,” Adam said “If I spit on you, it does not mean I like you.”

The llama’s head started jerking and Principal Perry had a hard time gripping the restraints “Whoa, whoa he’s getting frisky. Better grab my lasso. Worked a couple rodeos in college, nobody could stay on me for more than three seconds,” Chase and I looked at each other. I wouldn’t call that an accomplishment.

Adam gagged as Principal Perry walked back to her office.

“Guys, we have to do something,” Chase said.

Adam pointed towards the llama “Hey, Lorenzo ate the Nano-bots on yours and Katie’s watch. This is your problem.”

Principal Perry came back out with a cowboy hat on her head and a lasso in her hands “Alright! Anybody who doesn’t want to end up face down and hog tied , out of my way!” Perry swung her arm around “Yeehaw!”

I watched in fascination as Perry tackled the struggling llama. There were a lot of grunts and groans coming from both animal and human as Principal Perry struggled to keep hold of the Deerfield llama. Perry pulled on the lasso forcing the llama back over to us “We’ve got a fighter,” she groaned pulling on the rope. I flinched when the llama reacted by pulling her further down the hallway. Soon she had the lasso around the llama and brought him back over to us “He fought hard,” Perry panted “but once I got his head in a leg lock, it was pretty much over.”

Perry handed the lasso to Adam “Keep an eye on him boys and girl, he’ll miss me. They always do.”

“Do you know how expensive those Nano-bots are?” Chase told us “We got to get them out!”

“Well how do you do it on humans?” I asked.

“Well you’re supposed to extract them individually but with this many, it could take days!”

Chase used his bionics to scan the inside of the llama “Oh no,” he muttered “Oh no. A bunch of them are gathering in the salivary glands. They’re preparing to activate!”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that the next time he spits,” at that moment the llama shot out spit from his mouth and it hit the door to room 103. It started to eat away at the glass and my eyes widen in surprise “it’ll leave a mark.” Chase finished off.

All three of us looked back at the llama in surprise. How are we going to fix this?

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I had no clue what to do and just by looking back at Adam and Chase, I could tell neither one of them knew what to do either.

The llama started spitting again but this time towards the gym. Adam yelled “Incoming!” to warn any bystanders in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not only ten minutes later, the llama began launching his acid spit all over the place and students were running around trying to get away from the chaos. That would have been me if it weren’t for the fact that my boyfriend needed me. Plus his hand was clutching mine tightly and I could make a break for it.

“Adam we have to do something!” Chase panicked “Hurry! Help us think! Wow, that’s something I never thought I’d say.”

The llama groaned again before Adam clutched both our arms as acid spit almost hit us in the head. Today became the nastiest day Mission Creek High as ever seen. Totally insane!

“What do you want me to do?” Adam complained “It’s not like I can pull and idea out of my head with a giant idea magnet.”

More students ran and screamed for their lives “Magnet! Yes! The Nano-bots are metallic! We can use a magnet to pull them out of the llama. Adam you are a …” Chase cut himself off when he realized who he was talking to “That was a good idea.”

Both boys ran upstairs as I waited by the llama to keep an eye on it. Luckily for me, the llama didn’t spit anywhere in my direction while the boys were gone. Otherwise I would have been angrier than the Hulk…without turning a very nice shade of green and growing ten times my size.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the boys came back, I gathered the llama while Chase turned on the magnet. And while Chase used his bionics to guide Adam, he got confused where Chase was talking about. Soon they got the Nano-bots out of the llama through the mouth of the animal and I sighed in relief when they were safely in a metal container.

By the end of the day I was completely tired and went home, not bothering to stay with Davenports any longer.

My phone beeped and I smiled. I got a text from Chase.

Thanks for your help beautiful. Don’t know what I would have done without you. Sleep well. I love you. ~ C

AN: First let me apologize for not updating in a month! All of a sudden my life went from boring to eventful and I kept forgetting to update. I had half of this chapter written and forgot I even had it on my hard drive. I am so sorry! Also I realized that this story MIGHT have slow updates depending on if I can update in time. I don't know when that will be though. I know I have like three episodes to do and I'm sorry you guys have to wait. Also I know there's more after they catch the Nano-bots but I'm too lazy to write the rest. Please don't be mad at me for that. I hope you all can forgive me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93K 1.6K 40
Chase gets really sick and his family takes care if him. But when his conditions starts get worse. [ I don't own Lab Rats]
8.7K 143 24
“La la la da da, you’re going down to the ground, hear my sound. I’m sorry I have to do this, but if you don’t die, I will.” What happens when the La...
323K 4.8K 16
A girl named Katie also goes to Mission Creek High with Chase, Adam, Bree and Leo Davenport. She too encounters The Davenport's adventures throughout...
161K 2.2K 24
the story of haley ford and the lab rats has been a crazy ride for the past two seasons. haley, along with adam, bree, and chase, find themselves on...