Mixtape | Malum

By prettyboymalum

The one where Calum and Michael accidentally bump into each other and misplace each others' mixtapes. - Side... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
Character Ask
Character Answers
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
Character Visuals
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
Book Trailer
LI
LII
LIII
FCK
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII

XIX

862 59 68
By prettyboymalum

Today was the day Michael was seeing Halsey, and yeah, he was freaking the actual fuck out. The lilac haired boy dialed Ashton's number because he wanted to thank his best friend a million times for setting up such a wonderful opportunity, but he didn't get around to the thanking part. It wasn't because he was selfish, he just genuinely couldn't handle what was about to happen tonight. And the worst part about it was that he wasn't sure if he was more excited to be spending the night with Calum or just because he was seeing H a l s e y. Perhaps both.

"I'm seeing my fucking idol tonight," Michael rambled as he ran his fingers through his hair, "do you know how huge this is? She's probably in my state right now, breathing the same air as me."

"That's great," Ashton giggled, and Michael rolled his eyes because he was probably making out with Andy again. Michael really doesn't like Andy. Ashton would look so much cuter with Luke.

"She probably went to the music store and met Luke and he probably took ten pictures and all of them would slay my existence. That bitch," Michael clenched onto his juice box, then squealed when realizing his grape juice leaked all over his carpet. Cleaning that up will be a major pain in the ass.

"Dude, relax, you'll probably meet her tonight and Halsey will ship you with Calum and the two of you will end up having sex in your apartment after the show, its fine," Ashton reiterated, though even Michael could tell his best friend was excited that their relationship was growing. He really just wanted the lilac haired boy to be happy.

"Okay, I'm calm," Michael replied, as if his heart wasn't beating at the mention of Calum's name, "can you come down and hang for a bit? I'm in the mood to find some new music and you're the best when it comes to finding some cool tracks."

"Sure, just give me ten."

After a while of waiting, Ashton eventually showed up in some really ugly shorts and a weird unicorn shirt, but hey, Michael wasn't judging. If Ashton thought it was punk rock, then whatever. There's nothing wrong with living that way.

The two walked into the music store, talking about nearly everything, despite spending the day together a while back, and yeah, they had a lot to catch up on, even though they talk on the phone everyday. It was just their thing.

"- And anyway, Andy was totally flirting with the waitress at Village Inn, and I swear, I wanted to stab her with a fucking popsicle stick."

"She's probably just a snotty bag of nipples, dude," Michael reiterated with a laugh, and Ashton laughed as well because he can remember when Michael first made that joke and it's still gold. Maybe it can be their inside joke.

Ashton's giggle was so loud and adorable that even Luke recognized it. His ears nearly popped out of his head and he found himself adjusting his work attire before attempting to stand in an attractive way so Ashton would notice him.

"Good day, Michael. Good day, Ashton," Luke mumbled, his breath seeming uneven as he wiped his palms against the pocket of his jeans. The curly haired lad didn't even notice.

"Wait, were you talking to me?" Ashton said with a small smile on his face, though his eyes were elsewhere. He was just curious about the music store, not about Luke.

"Uh, no," Luke said, kneeling down so Ashton wouldn't see his flustered face, "carry on with whatever you were doing, sorry."

Michael felt bad for the guy, but tagged his best friend along into the gothic section anyway, as it was his favorite place to be.

"So, where do we start?"

-

Calum and Michael were officially finding their seats for the Halsey concert. The brunette continuously asked questions about why she called herself that and what type of music she sang, to which Michael replied with you'll see, it's fucking fantastic. And yeah, the lilac boy wasn't lying but Calum didn't know that. He wasn't into this type of music, despite looking like he was.

"I'm kind of hungry."

"I brought popcorn," Michael mumbled shakily as he opened his bag of freshly popped kernels that Calum wasn't really interested in, but he took some of it nonetheless. How he snuck it into the arena was beyond him, but whatever.

"I didn't bring any water."

"Just drink your own saliva."

"That's disgusting," Michael cringed as he stood up and handed Calum his bag of popcorn that he popped at home, "I'm going to go buy a bottle of water from one of the stands. Stay here."

And he was kind of hoping that the brunette would follow him around like a lost puppy and claim his undying love for him, but unfortunately, it didn't work like that. Calum followed orders, chewing away on the oily popcorn that Michael gave him and doing things that would make the lilac haired boy sad.

Such as flirting.

That's what Michael came back to, and to say his heart was breaking when his lips were on another girl's would be an understatement. To think he was actually getting somewhere with this.

"Calum!" Michael shouted, slamming his fists against the bench that they were sitting on. The brunette pulled away from the female who had an angered expression, while Calum was just completely flustered. Michael poured, because why couldn't he make Calum all flustered like that?

"I leave for one minute and you're already making out with someone. Disgusting," Michael said, though there was a hint of pain in his voice that Calum couldn't quite catch.

"Well I - oh look! It's starting."

He was right, the lights were going off and the opening act was about to come on. This was going to be a long night, but hopefully it'd be worth it.

-

Calum didn't go to Michael's apartment afterwards, and they didn't have sex like Ashton had claimed they would. It was a bit of a disappointment to the boy, as he was kind of hoping he could grow closer to the brunette and prove to him that he's just as great as a chick. That he's better than Isabelle - whoever the fuck she is, anyway. Aside from his ex, of course.

Michael felt sad that the concert ended, because Halsey put on one of the best shows he's ever seen and been to. She played nearly all of his favorite songs, including strange love, ghost, is there somewhere, colors, drive, hurricane and gasoline. Not only that, but he had the fucking opportunity to meet her.

It took a lot of convincing for Calum to stay after the show, but he gave into Michael's pouting after around ten minutes and decided he'd just skype one of his friends until the artist came out to take pictures with the fans. It was around an hour later, but it was still worth more than anything Michael could have ever imagined.

The lilac haired boy was so happy that he decided to film a video for his channel, in hopes that Calum would watch it and that it'd get noticed by Halsey and she'd tweet about it, because hey, dreams do come true.

"Hey guys! It's Mike the Bike! It's been a while since I've filmed a video and I feel kind of bad about that but I'm not some huge YouTuber who gets a ton of views anyway, so it's alright. Anyway, you won't believe who I saw tonight. Halsey. My fucking queen. And to top it off, I met her after the show. I got to meet her and oh my god, she smells so pretty," Michael smiled, even though he was gay, he really loved her, "and I went with a friend, but he was kind of a buzzkill and didn't really pay all that much attention to the show. In fact, he was on his phone the whole time and it pissed me off. Sorry if you're that friend and you're watching this but you made me angry. Like this was supposed to be a fun night and you ruined it. You wouldn't even dance with me when she sang New Americana. Asshole."

Michael then smiled sadly, realizing that it wasn't really appropriate behavior to act that way, "sorry, I'm just a bit shaken up is all. Before I include some videos from the concert, I want to give you guys some advice. Don't fall in love with somebody who wouldn't choose between your happiness and something else. Bye my little Cliffo Lions, I love ya'll."

Michael added the Halsey videos from the concert onto the clip, and did some last minute editing before touching it up and publishing it for the world to see. He was starting to regret saying that about Calum, but he didn't really care.

He smiled in satisfaction when the video uploaded and shortly after, he walked to the kitchen to reward himself with some double stuffed oreos and the remainder of lo mein lingering inside of his refrigerator from the last time he ordered takeout. It wasn't old, thankfully.

When he returned, he expected to see a couple of likes and maybe six or seven views, but instead he saw a comment from the least person he expected to watch the video.

Calumhood ; I didn't mean to make you sad, Mikey. :(

And yeah, maybe Michael's heart was racing a bit faster than he would have liked, but it was okay. Because he really fucking likes Calum, and it isn't fair that the brunette won't even try liking him back.

-

A/N;

Aye.

Thoughts?

Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote and ily all so much. 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 15.5K 25
❝ i hate christmas ❞ ❝ but not this year ❞ - in which michael hates christmas, calum wants to change his mind and where they fall in love in 24 day...
126K 2.2K 28
This book was originally by Calumsnuts but was given to me to finish. Calum wears 'girly' clothes and teases his band members a lot, his body become...
134K 7.1K 32
"You're always my first priority, baby." Calum Hood is in the military and hasn't been able to see his high school lover, Michael Clifford, for four...
266K 11.2K 33
Michael and Calum hate each other but what happens when they find themselves locked in their school after detention? Will their true feelings finally...