Close To You// Roman Reigns|...

By wwepurplevixen

♥WON BEST WRESTLER • CELEBRITY FANFICTION IN SUMMER WRESTLING AWARDS - MAY 2017♥ Highest ranking : November 2... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99 PART 1
Chapter 99 PART 2
Chapter 100
Somewhere Close to You..
THANKS + BONUS CHAPTERS+...
Anoa'i Christmas ...
I'm all you need...//
You know I always wanted you...//
Anoa'i love ♥♥...
100K READS❤❤❤
Q&A ♥

Chapter 36

3.4K 115 10
By wwepurplevixen

"Its this thing as humans
Where we judge each other
without even knowing
Without even having a conversation."

*********************************************************

MOTHER'S DAY

"Fuck I don't wanna know how you guys are feeling cause I feel like my head's going to explode"

I rubbed my temple as we drove from the airport to my uncle's house where the whole clan would be.

"Don't talk, talk hurts" Dean mumbled as he half laid on the seat using his backpack as a pillow.

"I think we're too old for this shit" I laughed earning a grunt from Dean.

We had gotten some sleep on the flight but it wasn't very comfortable.

I felt my phone vibrating and saw Robyn's face lighting up .

She looked perfect in every fucking picture and I won't lie, when I missed her and she was too busy to talk I would download various pictures of her as we didn't have much together.

I think we had about two from the awards we attended.

Yeah we should have taken selfies and all that but when I was with her time was always so limited that it never crossed my mind so I just picked any picture as her caller ID.

Her and Renee had both been sleeping when we left the morning at about 6am .

Of course after her mom told me how she felt I went to get Robyn from the couch as even though I would only get a few hours of sleep I loved having her next to me and I wasn't sure when I would be having her in my bed again .

Renee decided to just remain there as she wouldn't be able to get back home in time and she didn't feel like all the flying back and forth.

Not that Robyn's mom minded, a few days there and we were all like her kids. Well not me cause that would just be weird but I liked her and she loved hearing some noise in the house due to Robyn's brothers always being out.

She said she would be joining Robyn on tour with the rest of the family when she put in leave at work but for now I guess all of us had to deal with being separated from my beauty .

I finally answered and saw the blonde hair belonging to "NeyNey" yeah it kind of stuck thanks to my woman.

"Heeeeeey!" She smiled.

"Quiet babe!" I heard Dean , I doubt he even knew where her voice was coming from.

"Where are you guys?"

I just heard loud noises and she seemed like she was moving and then she turned the phone off her and I realized they were in the streets we had been in last night but everyone seemed to be covered in paint or something.

"What's happening and why are you not.."

Jey began as he leaned over to see but then we saw my woman appear laughing as she walked.

"Its some Fore Day morning I think that's the name.. And well I'm trying to escape your girlfriend . The bitch told everyone to leave me alone and save me for her "

She rolled her eyes.

"NeyNey!" She laughed as I doubt she knew we were on the line.

She looked like someone who had just been in a Paint War.

"I thought you were going to be at home all day"

I raised my eyebrow as after last night or early this morning I figured they would be lights out all day.

"No " she glanced back briefly I guess to see where Robyn was.

"Riri performed this morning and now we.. Don't fucking come near me" she laughed looking past the screen .

"How are you guys still partying ?"

I turned my phone onto Dean who was half asleep and my cousins who were just sitting around to show her how we looked.

"We are island girls ! The party never ends in.."

She didn't finish as I saw the side of her head covered in yellow paint and she pouted .

I heard my girl giggling as she appeared with her arm draped over Renee covering her in even more paint.

"I'm so going to kick you once we are done!" Renee glared at her but Robyn focused on me .

"Baby boy" she smiled and blew me a kiss.

"I wish you guys could have stayed" she shouted as the screen moved due to her swaying Renee side to side to the music.

"I wish so too baby girl" I glanced up and saw us pulling into the neighbourhood.

"We have to go though, NeyNey has been hit she's a target too..."

They waved as they ran and I heard their laughing as the screen went black.

I would have loved more than anything to stay behind but I promised my mom I would be here today and promised myself I would talk to my family.

"Of course the Kings of Paint would miss the paint war " Jimmy rolled his eyes as he drank some water.

I shook Dean so that he could wake up properly and he shot up looking around franticly causing all of us to burst out laughing.

"You guys cannot act like we were partying all weekend . My parents are already being a pain about her lifestyle the last thing they need to..."

I sighed and Dean cut me off.

"Got ya uce..." He slipped on his shades as we pulled into the drive way.

I sighed as it was just after 1pm and it was going to be a long day.

"You know we are going to pay for this now cause that family is so noisy"

Dean hugged the back of the front seat and I was sure he was falling asleep again.

"Yeah" I laughed as we hopped out.

"Oh , no!" I grabbed the beer out of Dean's hand as we had just finished lunch and he was still hungover.

We sat outside on the porch and I slowly drank the beer as my headache had subsided , my dad hadn't brought anything regarding Robyn up.

Thankfully, but I guess he didn't want to ruin my mom's day.

"I almost puked on your sister" Dean laughed and I knew he almost did as she was the first person we saw when we got into the house.

"Almost but luckily didn't! You know how Vanessa is ,she'll skin you alive!" I laughed causing him to roll his eyes.

"You know she loves me more than you"

"They always love the ones they have to take care of more" I winked causing him to shake his head and grab a beer anyway.

Dean was part of the family since our FCW days, like I had told Robyn we had a few drinks at the bar and that was it.

Not only that, it was around the holidays and I invited him over because there was always enough food.

Took some persuading but got his ass here and almost ten years later here we are.

Once he stayed he never left and that's how he became my brotha.

"Yo! Are you even listening to me?" His voice broke my thoughts.

I frowned and turned to look at him.

He nodded towards the back door and that's when I saw Galina which caused me to frown further.

Her parents lived nearby but I didn't get why she was...

"Leakee!"

My dad appeared behind her and smiled.

"Good luck brotha! " He chuckled while I subtly glared at him as he knew this wasn't going to be good for me.

I walked over reluctantly, I smiled and hugged her.

"I asked her to stop by, the family always asks about her" he shrugged and I nodded trying not to go off on him for pulling this shit.

That would just make her feel uncomfortable even though having to be here probably already was.

I sighed as he walked away.

"Sorry about this Gee.. "

I knew she would have felt bad refusing the invite so I couldn't be mad at her.

I mean we were friends..

"Its fine.. Craig is out in Tampa with his family and we just finished lunch at my mom's so she didn't mind me dropping in here" I nodded.

Craig was her boyfriend who worked with her as well, they started seeing each other in October of last year.

He's a good guy and I was happy as I would always care about her and didn't want her ending up with someone who didn't make her happy.

We walked out into the yard and I wanted to continue speaking to her but I was still in shock and feeling anger .

Knowing her she would sense it so I needed to take a walk before shit went down.

Dean spotted us and he smirked while I practically pleaded with my eyes.

He hopped up, "Galina herself! its been awhile, boy we have a lot to catch up on!"

She laughed as she was used to his randomness and he dragged her with him while I went in search of my mom.

I saw the front door was open as I had made my way back into the house.

I walked out to the porch and saw her speaking to some of the family who were leaving early.

I waved to them while walking out to the front yard and waited and took off my cap.

Trying to think of how I wouldn't take my anger out on my mom but I knew she was the only one who could get through to my dad.

I couldn't even give Robyn a call to hear her voice to calm me .

They were having a good time back in Barbados and considering how upset she had been the first day, her getting lost in their traditions was good and I wasn't going to disturb that.

"What's wrong? " My mom frowned as the car drove away and her eyes focused on me.

"Did you know he was inviting Galina?" She sighed and nodded.

" I told him I was done with her mom , now he brings her here. What if Robyn had been with me? How would she have felt?"

"You know your father, he is fixed on what he wants. You are still together?"

"Yes, what would make you think otherwise Mom ?"

She shook her head, "you never know these days"

"You believe what he thinks as well that this is just some crisis I am going through?"

"No, I don't . I might not approve of her that much but the fact that you have gotten so upset over it let's me know how much you care and as your mother I support you Leakee"

"But you still dislike her?"

I shook my head as yes having her support meant a lot but with her mom liking me so much I would have liked mine to feel the same.

"You haven't even met her yet and you are judging her. Dad always taught me never to judge but look now?" I sighed as I sat down on the bench on the porch.

"Its not just me though what does he think her boyfriend is going to think when he hears she came to spend the day with her ex's family"

I spoke calmly as my mom wasn't the one I was mad at.

"Did you tell him how crazy this is? I'm 30 years old. I don't need permission to see who I wanna see and I certainly don't need my parents messing things up. Galina and I had some good years together but we don't want each other no more . Its not right mom"

I shook my head and stood up again.

"I know Leakee but just give it time.
Whenever you want, you can bring her over and she can spend the day. I'm sorry that you feel like we are judging her but like you said you were with Galina for so many years, when you divorced it wasn't just the two of you who would be separating. And you know divorce is not favoured by your father so he feels like you disrespected the family by doing that alone... "

"So he is punishing the woman I love for my decisions?"

She didn't say anything instead went a different route.

"I saw that picture of you two at the awards" I turned around to face her .

"I'm happy with her. I know you see that , it hurts her that you guys don't like her. Yes, she heard him that morning"

I shook my head.

"And when she hurts so do I , so you need to speak to Dad or I will and trust me the way I am feeling right now it won't be good"

She sighed and moved to me and hugged me even though I was fuming I hugged my mom back.

COVER photo.

She kissed my cheek as she pulled away.

" Lets enjoy the rest of the day with everyone who you hardly get to see and don't let him know he is getting to you."

She wiped my cheek and I simply nodded.

I walked into the house to enjoy the day to please the only other woman I loved more than anything, my mom..

"Uncle Joe! Funny face!" I heard my niece Madison and Galina smiled next to me as she had come to sit by me.

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Gosh they are so cute!! Sorry I had to just fangirl over Joelina out of context 😍😍

I hadn't really been antisocial I had just been avoiding my dad.

"So I see you are dating Rihanna" she smiled.

"Yes I am for awhile now" I said with a smile as her green eyes briefly flashed in my mind .

"How is she? I mean out of the spotlight" she asked and I turned to her.

"She's amazing. She makes me happy, really happy . Like Craig does with you !"

I winked .

"Then you must be really happy!"

She nudged me .

I nodded as I laughed a bit as I really was , she was probably at home now as they would be flying out the next day.

"Who would have thought , us sitting here talking about being happy with other people" I sighed as I saw Jey and his wife slowly approaching from the patio .

She laughed, "just shows we made the right decision"

"Not everyone believes that.." I almost whispered.

"I figured your dad still hadn't gotten over it. He'll figure out his wrong.."

"You don't think I am crazy for dating a songstress living the wild life?"

I glanced at her before sipping on my beer.

She shook her head, " I have known you for a long time Joe. And you wouldn't rush into anything if you weren't sure and Dean was a wrestler living the wild life and then he met Renee "

We stared at him as he was twirling my mom around as they were dancing on the grass with the rest of the family.

"Now he is slightly less wild. I'm not saying you will change her , I'm just saying they accepted Dean with his crazy ways and they will do the same with her. I have seen pictures and matches with her there every time and that's what you need. The same way I needed someone who wasn't travelling all the time? The same way you need someone by your side , who can deal with the fast life and she definitely has been "

She laughed probably recalling the ring moments I would remember forever.

"...so I'm not crazy?"

I just needed someone other than my friends and cousins who had grown attached to her reassuring me.

"No. You were straight with me about what you thought about Craig so I wouldn't lie to you. You're a good man Joe and she's a good woman if she makes you happy which she does. Instead of urging them to accept her just give them time "

"It just angers me that they don't and I can't control it."

I didn't mind venting to Galina, she would do the same .

Like I had told Robyn we had a good relationship the first time she mentioned Drake .

"They weren't too happy the first time they met me. Because they wanted you to be focused but look now they want me back"

She teased causing me to laugh .

"My uce looks worried. Let me guess parent trouble" Jey frowned.

I shrugged, not really wanting to get into it ,while Galina pat my back.

"Just talking some sense into him" She winked.

"Yeah so much helpful advice " I rolled my eyes even though it was .

***

"So did you have a good time son?" My dad asked as we sat outside with everyone having left.

"I don't know what you thought would happen Dad" I shrugged as I was just about to leave as well.

I had survived all day so I didn't want to ruin it.

"I wanted you to see what you could have again."

"Yeah I know you were hoping for the old love to come back and all that. But the only love that is there, is love for a friend Dad and you need to realize that"

He shook his head.

"You need to realize that that woman won't be settling down. She is all about the fame son, that lifestyle of being in the limelight."

I sighed as even though I had gotten advice from my mom and Galina I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself.

They always say fight for what you love and I loved Robyn . I wouldn't go swinging at my Pop but I needed him to realize.

"She's not. She hates it , you know where I just came from?"

He glanced up as I saw my mom come out.

"I was in Barbados. I met her mom and it was so nice there. I can picture my life there with her after wrestling. I can picture us having a small beach house with our kids running around and all that or even getting one out here..."

"See? That's what I mean, you have only been together for how long?"

I frowned.

"Almost 6 months..."

"Exactly and you are thinking all this? Its madness! You waited years before you even proposed to Galina and never even spoke about kids and now"

"How is it madness, it should prove to you how much I fu... How much I love her. Yeah she's not perfect but neither am I , she's crazy like all of us. She gets along with the twins and Dean they all love her and I am pretty sure the rest of the family would too but I can't bring her here because I have respect for you and I know you dislike her so much."

He sighed as I saw his mood shift away from the anger and he leaned forward.

"I just don't want you to make a mistake, waste your time on someone who won't be around in a few years when you could have been building a life with some.."

"Like Galina? Galina has someone Dad and I can't begin to say how wrong of you it was to have her come out here when I didn't even know about it.
She is out of my life romantically and I don't appreciate you springing her on me. If you miss her, invite her over and let me know, cause I really didn't appreciate it. I see her when we feel like hanging out not because my parents think the old feelings will come back.
I love Rihanna, I have a future with Rihanna. I have always been level headed and I still am. This isn't some rash thing. And you need to get that , and accept it."

"And if we don't?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Sika.."

My mom pleaded knowing how stubborn he was even though I could see in his eyes he was almost proud of me for standing up to him.

"Nothing Dad" I shrugged which surprised him .

"Because what more can I do? But I just want to let you know that you shouldn't be surprised if she's still here in .."

"It kills me that things are like this Leakee.." He shook his head.

"Then don't make things so complicated I just want you to give her a chance and you will see what I love. She is more than what they portray her to be and there is so much things they have showed that you are refusing to see.
She's a philanthropist ,almost everything she does and she has done has something to do with giving things to charity. She has Foundations set up ..
She does so much for the people in her life because she cares, she is amazing and all I am asking you is to look past what you have been exposed to because she is more than what is on for display."

I breath hoping I was getting through to him.

" ...that is Rihanna and she is Robyn to me and I love her either way but you don't like Rihanna but I know you will love Robyn please.."

He stared at me for what seemed like forever while my mom glanced between us as it felt like he was the judge and we were waiting for the verdict .

A/N:

So we saw a lot happening with his talk with his mom, Gee and his dad: )

What do you think of Joelina's friendship?

Will Sika give her a chance ???

Hope you enjoyed!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3K 60
*SEQUEL TO FEARLESS IN THE EYES OF A BEAST * HIGHEST RANKINGS - 10 NOVEMBER 2018 - #11 NIKKI BELLA 13 November 2018 - #1 WWE ...
234K 9.8K 84
Leaving your hometown is hard, establishing yourself in a new city is harder, making a living as a painter is even harder, but re-finding yourself an...
13.5K 135 17
I have been in the wrestling business for at least six years. Mostly in the Indy's. But I have traveled from the U.S. to Ireland to Japan and all aro...
54.8K 1.2K 31
Natia, a badass women. Put her in WWE and she is very talented. Put her next to Bray Wyatt, a guy who haunts her every day of the job or not on the j...