BUCKY BARNES//ONE SHOTS

By daughterofodin

Short stories based on Bucky Barnes. More

Quick Note
Ideal Killing Squad
Backstage Jitters
Sleeping and Waking
With or Without It
Love with a Soundtrack
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part One
Scared of the Pain
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part Two
Fights and Forts
Big Scares
Ahead of Schedule - Part 1
Ahead of Schedule - Part 2
The Perfect Day
Days at Home
Can't be a Savior
Surprise, Surprise
The Memories
Mesmorized
Hands Touching Hands
Softy On The Inside
Feel the Love
Nighttime Cravings
The Box of Bucky
Our Love is Like a Dream
A Little Hideout
Get Well
Those Three Words
His One True Love
Her Rescuer and Her Love
Actions, Not Words
Meeting in the Rain
I am Home
The Way
Jumble of a Relationship
How it Controls You
It's in the Little Things
Ending with a Fight
You Could Never Hurt Me
Well, That Would Be Nice
The Flowers - Part I
It Will Get Better
The Flowers - Prequel
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
I Already Know
Stay With Me
Don't Overthink It
A Night To Remember
Please - I
Control - I
Control - II
Heartbeat
Caring
Oblivious
Human Again
Stay - I
Please - II
War
Well, Maybe
Support
Stay - II
I'll be Seeing You
Solace
Family
Escape
Okay
Comfort
Amnesia
Space
Author's Note
Knight
Doubt - SMUT
Little One
Happy - STEVE
Hiding - SMUT
Bullies
Let Go
Enough
So Into You - SMUT
Familiar and Odd
Stranger
Silently
Protective - SMUT
Thoughts
Moments
To Build a Home
Strength
Time
Unsteady
Birthday
City of Stars
Only Hope
Masterpiece - I
Masterpiece - II

Help

1.6K 35 6
By daughterofodin

A/N - For @VanessaStegall . So this begins right in the action, because I couldn't come up with the beginning situation. Also, this may be cheesy at some points, but just go with it. So everyone lives at the tower and the main character works for shield.

Some swearing in this, just to warn you.

Enjoy!

She opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the few lights in the what seemed to be a warehouse. Stuck in a chair, arms tried behind her back, Vanessa was gagged by a thick cloth, tied tightly.

"Boss, she's up." She heard a thick jersey accent say, and then heard heavy footsteps.

When the "boss" came into view, she was staring at a heavy man, gun in his waistband.

"Well, finally. Glad to see the sweetheart alive," he said in an even thicker accent, moving closer to her. She tried to move away, but could only turn her face away. And he just keep getting closer.

Pushing her to her breaking point, she tried to yell. But it was only muffled.

"There's no use in yelling there, sweetheart. No one will hear you anyway." He said as as laughed, moving away from Vanessa. "I'll be back soon, don't let her do any funny business. I have my plans for this one." He explained to the other man, who nodded in response. When the boss walked away, the other man got closer, being sure to acknowledge his gun.

After a little while, Vanessa had realized they hadn't taken her phone. They took her purse, for obvious reasons, but her phone was still in her back pocket. So she tried her best to be sly and grab it. It took a while but finally she had it in one hand, and she had such strong muscle memory that she was able to open the texting app, click on the top one (because she knew it was Bucky), and type 'help'.

----

Bucky was sitting in the avengers tower, just watching some movie Steve wanted to see and eating a huge sandwich. Just as he was about to take another bite, his phone vibrated.

"Vanessa:
Help"

"Oh shit," Bucky said, wide eyed and jumping up from the couch.

"What?" Steve asked casually.

There was no response, and Steve turned to find Bucky out of the room.

Bucky ran through the halls to Tony's lab, hoping he was there.

Luckily he was.

"What do you want?" He said in a monotone tone, not looking up.

"Can you trace the location of this text?" Bucky said frantically.

Tony looked up, confused. So Bucky showed him the text message, and Tony nodded.

"Yeah, just give me the phone and I'll find it in a minute or two."

"Thank you," Bucky said quietly.

--

"Got it,"

"Where?"

"Uh, Eastern Warehouse, New Jersey." He said, curious about it.

"Thank you," he said to Tony, "I have to go," he stated toward Steve, and then rushed out of the tower.

----

Her head jerked to the right again, sliced by the ring on the boss's fist. He was striking her too many times to count, yelling between each one.

"Tell me!"

Another one.

"Who are you working for?"

More pain.

"Come on, I've seen you enough around the building, hiding information. Tell me!" He yelled as he gripped her shirt, trying to keep her from falling in pain. He had removed the cloth in her mouth before the torture began, hoping that she would simply tell him.

"I'll never tell you," she spat through her teeth, as she was punched again.

And again, this time being forced to spit out the blood in her mouth.

"Fine, maybe we'll wait, I'll be back, and maybe then you'll be ready to tell me."

----

Half an hour later, he was back.

Ready with a knife.

"Alright," he said, moving closer. "Let's try this again. You're going to tell me who you work for and what exactly you've been doing, or this knife will slowly be stabbed into multiple places on your body." He said with a sinister smile.

She stayed silent.

"Alright, you asked for it."

He took the knife, gripped it tightly, and slowly stabbed it into Vanessa's thigh. It slowly pierced the skin and she began to scream with such intensity. It keep sliding in, and she continued to feel the pain.

It stayed in as he asked again. Still, she stayed as silent as she could. She just breathed heavily, trying to ignore the pain.

So again he had his murderous smile and ripped the knife out of her leg. This time he just dragged the tip across the cheekbone that wasn't punched earlier.

And just has he was about to drag it down her arms, the doors burst open.

Two gunshots went off, knocking the two men guarding unconscious. The man walked intensely toward the boss, and another shot went off.

The boss gripped his foot and fell in the pain of it. The man shot his other foot, making his screams grow in the pain.

Vanessa was still stuck in the chair, but was growing weaker. He consciousness was slipping in and out and could barely make out what was happening. She only saw what little light there was being reflected off of some metal.

Suddenly the rope around her hands, feet, and waist was cut and she was being carried in two strong arms.

"It's okay, Vanessa. I've got you," a soft voice said.

"Bucky?" She whispered, becoming more tired.

"Don't worry, you'll be going to a hospital and that man will be going to prison. You're safe now. You just have to stay with me,"

Vanessa only smiled and then saw her view go black.

----

Steve had followed Bucky out to New Jersey in the jet, and was ready to call the police. Once Bucky and Vanessa emerged he called and gave them the jet. The two flew off to the nearest hospital, and Steve stayed behind to make sure the police got him.

Once they did, Steve took the motorcycle that Bucky initially took back to New York.

----

When Bucky landed the jet on the helicopter pad, nurses went called up and they took Vanessa down to a room on a bed. Bucky tried his best to stay by her side, but was forced out of the way by nurses and doctors. He was told to wait outside until she was ready.

He watched sadly as she was pushed into a room, worried for her life.

----

He sat in the chair closest to the room. His head was buried in his hands, still worrying about her.

After about an hour, the doctor emerged.

"She's going to be alright," that alone relieved Bucky, "but she sustained some serious injuries. Broken jaw and nose, black eye that will take awhile to heal, too many cuts to count, and a major cut in her thigh. That one required many stitches and will take awhile to heal. But she will be fine in time. So right now she's on some heavy drugs, but you can go in."

"Thank you," Bucky said quickly and then rushed into the room.

----

She looked peaceful, yet death was lurking on her. She looked like she was in such pain, yet smiled when she saw Bucky.

"Hi," she said quietly, trying not to move her jaw all that much.

"Hi, how are you doing?"

"Okay, just tired,"

"I'm so glad you're alive. When I got your text I instantly went to Tony to find your location and then rushed off to get you. But I was too late,"

"No you weren't, I'm not dead," she joked, but her words slurred.

"But you're still like this, and I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize," she swallowed some blood, "it wasn't your fault. You saved me, and I will forever be thankful." She said, smiling to him.

He just smiled back, still feeling bad that she was in this condition.

But soon her smile faded and she slipped into a peaceful sleep. When she did, Bucky leaned in and kissed the crown of her head, hoping to make himself feel better.

After, he sat in the chair next to her bed. He watched her peacefulness, smiling to himself.

He too drifted off, comforted by the fact that she was alive.

A/N - Hope you enjoyed! I tried to be as accurate as I could, with the symptoms and timing. But I loved writing this! I really like doing action.

More requests coming soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.1K 2.9K 100
This book will contain one shots and short stories about your favorite metal armed soldier from the MCU. There will be fluff, angst, and everything i...
583 20 6
[completed] [published 2016] [unedited] Bucky hated the Soldier and the way he killed without flinching. The Soldier hated Bucky and the way he car...
327 73 27
I am new and not as good when it comes to writing. This story is about love that can shine even through the toughest and darkest of battles. Bucky Ba...
213K 5.4K 48
This is the fourth installment of the "Captain" series. This is loosely based around the events of Civil War. Will Morgan be able to redeem all the b...