Enough

A/N - Guess who's back?!

And I am back with a request for a friend of @BloodRoseAngel . Sorry it's a little different, because I realized I did a similar one a little bit ago, so I tried to mix it up. Also, a little swearing.

Also, in this Tony and Pepper are dating, just to make it easier to follow, after civil war, and Bucky is out of cryo, everyone is (kinda) happy together!! (I wish that were true) 

Enjoy!

The two had been hiding their relationship from Tony for almost 6 months. Everyone else knew about it, but Ruby knew Tony would be overprotective of her if he found out she was dating Bucky.

So they always carved out the time to spend time alone.

Usually it was in their rooms, but today most people were out somewhere, so they spent their time watching movies and cuddling on the living room couch.

Bucky mindlessly ran his fingers over her and she slowly sank into him, finding comfort in his muscles and the blankets surrounding them.

They were engrossed in the film and each other so much they didn't notice the door open and close.

----

"What the hell is going on?" Tony asked as he walked in the living room, noticing Ruby and Bucky cuddling on the couch. They figured they were alone, but once Tony entered the two scrambled away from each other.

Ruby suddenly stood up, and decided to try and ignore what just happened.

"Oh, hey, Tony. What's up?" She asked, her tone suddenly changing.

"'What's up?' That's how you begin? I see you cozying up with Barnes over here, and that's how this conversation begins?" With Tony's anger rising, he tried to compose himself, but his overprotective brother side caused him to act out.

"Tony, it's not what you think," Bucky stated, trying to calm him down.

"Oh! I suppose you were just hanging out? Touching each other, is that casual friends do?" He said as his voice was rising.

Bucky just looked to Ruby apologetically, feeling bad that he might have made this situation worse. She tried to smile back to Bucky, but knew she could only deal with this by talking to Tony.

"Look, Tony, can we just talk about this, alone?" With that, Bucky quickly exited the room, not wanting to deal with this anyway.

Tony just looked back to her, ready for an acceptable explanation.

"Alright, before you get even more overprotective: yes, Bucky and I are dating." His mouth dropped, not wanting to hear the reality. "We have been for a while and the only reason we kept it from you is because we didn't want you to react like this."

"Oh my god! This isn't even new? You do realize who he is, right? He killed our parents and plenty of other people! The only reason I work with him is because I'm forced to. I still hate him for what he did, but to his face I act neutral. How could you be with a man like that?"

"Because that wasn't him! He was under the control of HYDRA and didn't choose to do those things. But he has changed, he knows what he did was wrong and will always feel that guilt. Do you know how hard it is for him to live with knowing that he killed our parents? I couldn't even imagine how incredibly hard it is! Can't you at least respect him for owning up to it?" Rubes voice began to rise and she defended Bucky to Tony.

Tony sighed and looked to the floor, trying to calm himself.

"Look, I know how hard it is. I know I've killed plenty of innocent people. But it's so personal with him!" Tony tried to remain composed. "Look, I have to go, just, whatever," he said as he left the room, out of a different door than Bucky.

Ruby closed her eyes and sat down, trying to figure out how to get Tony to support the relationship.

----

"Tony, you can't just tell her what to do. It's her life and she should be able to date whoever she likes," Pepper stated.

"But, it's Barnes. He killed my parents and now he's going to date my little sister? No, no, no,"

Pepper stood up abruptly.

"Tony, it's not your relationship! Stop telling her what to do and let her make her own decisions. You want her to be happy, no?"

Tony just nodded, looking down, disappointed in himself.

"Then let her decide her life! If she really likes him, then it will make her happy. No one likes having someone else dictate their life. So let her choose what she does. She's your sister and she just wants your support for whatever she does. So be that person. Okay?"

Tony sighed. "Okay," he said quietly, knowing Pepper was right.

----

A knocking came to Ruby's door.

"Come in!" She yelled.

"Not looking, not looking," Tony said as he entered her room with his hand covering his eyes.

"I'm alone, Tony. What do you want?"

He removed his hand and moved to sit next to her.

"I just wanted to apologize." She gave him a shocked expression. "I know I've been hard on Barnes, and I will continue to, but I want you to be happy, and if he makes you happy, then I will learn to accept it."

Still in shock, she couldn't say anything. Was he messing with her?

"Ruby? You okay?"

She just nodded slightly. After a few seconds she relaxed and could finally comprehend what happened.

"Thank you, Tony. But this is really random,"

"I was complaining to Pepper about you two and she changed my perspective. So you have her to thank."

"Trust me, I will. But thank you for accepting it. I know you probably still won't like him, but he makes me incredibly happy." She smiled just thinking about him.

"Okay, that's all I need to her. Let's just agree that you won't talk about him in a super romantic way and I won't complain about him, sound good?"

She chuckled, "sounds great."

They smirked to each other as he left the room like they did when they were younger.

While her new family was amazing, Ruby's first one will always be important to her.

A/N - Hope you enjoyed!