Little One

A/N - For @GabbyHearts8 . So this is another father Bucky, and I really feel like he would have a girl. I don't know why. But I just wanted to let ya know beforehand.

PS - I've had, like, no motivation to write anything. Sorry it's been a few days, but I just love to procrastinate.

Anyway,

Enjoy!

"Y/N, he's coming back," Steve said, smiling to you.

You knew he was talking about Bucky, so you grew excited and wanted to cry tears of happiness.

"Yeah, he'll be fine and HYRDA free. In a few days I'm going to head down there to bring him back. And I just wanted to know if you wanted to come with,"

In your head, you instantly said yes, wanting to see him. But you thought just a second longer and realized you should stay behind and care for your daughter, Arya. You weren't quite ready to leave her.

"I would love to, but I don't think I'm ready to leave this little one quite yet." You smiled sadly.

"That's understandable." Steve smiled, "Once I've gotten him, we'll message you on our way back."

"Thank you," Just as you smiled back, Arya began crying, either hungry or in need of a change.

"Well, I'll let you go. Let me know if you need anything." Steve stated as he exited the room.

You turned to pick her up, figuring out what she needed.

You first checked her diaper, discovering that that was it. So you took her over to the changing station.

As you fiddled with the diapers, you began talking to her.

"Are you excited to meet your father? I know I'm excited for him to back. You'll love him, he's sweet, funny, protective. Maybe a little old, but that doesn't really matter,"

----

The morning a few days later, you did your usual routine. You got yourself ready and then went for Arya. Changed her and brought her to the kitchen. You put her in a high chair while you got her food and your own ready. Coffee was already made, luckily, so you poured yourself a cup. Then you fed Arya, fed yourself, and then asked Natasha to watch her when you realized you forgot your phone in your bedroom. You were still waiting for a message from Steve and wanted to get it as soon as possible.

You kept your head down while walking to your room, just wanting to get it down quickly. But just before you would have opened the door, you ran into someone.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorr..." You looked up to see a smiling face. "Oh my god, Bucky!" You yelled and wrapped your arms around his neck. He looped his arms around your waist and lifted you up to pull you closer.

----

After hugging and kissing for a bit, you realized you should get back to Arya.

"Bucky, I have something to tell you before we catch up on everything,"

"What is it?" He tried to look hopeful.

"Well, as you remember the night before you left, I ended up getting pregnant." He looked stunned. "I had her, and her name is Arya. Look, I don't want you to feel pressured to be in her life or anything. Take your time with this and know that if you want to, you can meet her and stay in her life. But that decision is completely up to you." You sighed, staring at his shocked face. "I actually have to get back to her, so I'll see you later, Bucky." You tried to smile, and then simply kissed his cheek before heading back to the kitchen, forgetting about your phone.

----

"How am I supposed to process this? I just got out of cryo and now I have a child? What do I do," Bucky whined to Steve.

"Come on, Buck. Do you love her?"

"Well yeah,"

"Have you wanted a kid?"

"Honestly never really thought about it, it wasn't exactly a possibly for a lot of my life,"

"Well what about with Y/N? Have you ever pictured your future with her? Was there marriage, a child?"

"Dog and child are interchangeable, right?" Bucky joked.

"Come on, man. If you really love her, you'll love Arya. Just meet her and see how you feel about it. Just try it and see if it changes you," Steve said, trying to convince him.

He sighed, and finally agreed.

----

While Arya was down for her nap, you were reading and a loud knock rang through your ears.

You rushed up to the door, slowly opened it and whispered,

"Shhh, it's nap time right now."

"Oh! I am so sorry, but I just wanted to meet her."

You smiled. "Well you can come in and wait for her to wake up, if you'd like. She should be up soon."

He nodded and you opened the door enough for him to enter. The two walked through the darkened room, waiting for her to wake up.

--

After 10 minutes of Bucky being there, Arya woke up crying. You rushed over to her, picking her up and realizing she just wanted to be held. Bucky had stood up, worried. You smiled to him, which calmed him.

As you bounced her, you made your way to Bucky.

"Do you want to hold her?"

After a few moments of silence, he just nodded.

"Okay, just hold her bottom and her neck and cradle her." You said as he held his arms out, ready for her.

She instantly began crying once she left your arms.

Bucky gave you wide eyes, scared.

"It's okay, she just doesn't know you. Just bounce her and talk to her. That's what seemed to relax her."

He nodded, focused on claiming her. He bounced her, trying to mimic how you were doing it. Then, he began to whisper to her.

"Hi there, Arya. I'm glad I could meet you. You know I'm your father. Yeah, I am. And I'm biologically 29, but I'm actually 99. 99! Can you believe that?" You held in your laughs and tears as you watched him with her. "Now, I'm a dangerous man. I've been an assassin for most of my life and have done a lot of bad things. But I'm all better now. And I want to be your father. I want you to live a happy life, and I want to be part of that happiness. I hope you love me and as much as I'm beginning to,"

You grew happy and sad all at the same time because of everything he said. After realizing that Arya was calm in his arms, you walked up to him, hugging him from the side.

Soon he moved his hand to feel her soft skin, and Arya grab one of his fingers.

At first he thought nothing of it, but something sparked in him. A paternal sense.

This simple action of love from a baby meant the world to him. Someone trusted him and remembered nothing about his past.

He realized that this moment was what he dreamt about. You, him, and a little one, with no one worried about HYDRA.

A/N - Hope you enjoyed! I know it's kind of short and choppy, but I thought that was the best way to do this one.

Anyway, more requests are (hopefully) coming your way soon!