Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

10: Birthday

2.7K 113 40
By lilyofthelamplight_

Birthday

"It's almost his birthday, isn't it?" Yukiko stated as she leans on the table with a serious look on her face. She was seated on one of the chairs surrounding a round table together with the eight generals, Aoren and the three kids, Aladdin, Morgianna and Alibaba.

"How old is Uncle Sinbad?" Aladdin asked them as he scratches his cheek in confusion.

"I believe he's turning 29." Sharrkan replied.

"So he's that old. But I'm older." Aoren commented as he gives out a small chuckle. Aoren has just turned 30 a month ago.

"I've already made the necessary preparations for it. His birthday is also the same day as Sindria's foundation so it's a rather extravagant celebration." Jafar told them. "The problem is," he caught his forehead then gave out a sigh. "He has been acting hot and cold about it and casually, or OBVIOUSLY showing signals about his birthday. He wants to celebrate it but at the same time not because he heard someone talking about how old he is." He then looked at Aoren and Pisti who gave out an apologetic smile.

"I didn't know he was there. I'm sorry, Jafar-kun." Aoren apologized with a smile. "I was just wondering how old he is because he's always bursting with energy and confidence. He is also all over my sister which is really annoying so that serves him right." He said as a dark smile took over his lips. He's clearly not sorry at all.

"Anyway, to atone for it, I believe we should give him presents. He'll appreciate it, I think."

"But he already has everything. This is quite a tough task." Hinahoho commented as he scratch his head.

"It is up to you what present you should give. It is also a form of thanks for everything he has done for us so," Jafar stood up and picked up his stuff. "Good luck. Today's meeting is adjourned. Thank you for participating."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"It's your fault that we have to do this, aniki." Yukiko elbowed Aoren's side causing the latter to wince in pain.

"I said I was sorry." He smiled as he rubs his side since it still hurts a bit. "But I know that you already have a present for him. I saw you working at it since the week before last." He smiled knowingly at his sister who then reached inside her kimono's sleeve to hide her flute. "How is it going? Are you almost done with it?"

"Yes. By the end of today, I'll be able to release it to the citizens. It also involves them afterall." She looked down as she suddenly felt unsure. "Jafar said that it was great but how will Sin react. What if he doesn't like it?" She suddenly lost her confidence on her work.

"Don't say that, imouto. You have always been excellent in music. He'll love it for sure." Aoren assured her as they entered a studio behind the busy streets of Sindria. This is where she has been hiding to compose a song for Sinbad's birthday. It will be sung by everyone as a surprise for the king as thanks for everything he has done for his country and people.

"Let me hear it, Yukiko." Aoren said as he picks up her sheet music with his gentle smile.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"I'm not that old aren't I?"

Yukiko covered her ears as she sat beside Sinbad on the edge of the fountain in the central garden of the palace.

"That's the 20th time you asked me that. Please, Sin. Stop or I'll hit you." Yukiko glared at him in annoyance. She just finished distributing the lyrics to the people and almost everyone was practicing it in secret so Sinbad doesn't find out. Even the eight generals made space on their time to learn the song so, it was only normal for her to be tired and listening to Sinbad's age complex doesn't help her relax one bit.

"You can't say that to a king, my lady." Sinbad laughed at her annoyed expression. "You're so easy to tease that it's relaxing."

"Stop it. The opposite effect is happening to me and I am not delighted with it. Can we just, be quiet for a change?"

Silence enveloped them and Yukiko was able to finally regain her calm. She turned to look at the water which reflects the night sky and her reflection. Sinbad did the same and was now staring at her through the water.

"You're really beautiful, Yukiko. I'm not lying. Your beauty is something as rare as a pearl in the ocean." He reached out for her hand and held it. "Just by staying at your side, I feel at peace. I can temporarily forget about my stress and be myself like I was before when we first met."

Yukiko turned and looked at his golden eyes and saw him smiling.

"I wish we can stay like this, always." He brought her hand close to his lips and gave it a soft kiss as if worshiping her.

Her cheeks flared up as her hand trembled in nervousness. Seeing this, Sinbad chuckled before letting her go.

"I'm sorry, Yuki. I over stepped the boundry of personal space again. Remind me not to surprise you with physical contact again." He apologized sincerely as he rubbed his nape.

"I-It's fine. I'm used to it now. I was just...surprised. That's all." She clasped her hand together. Silence fell on them again before Yukiko spoke.

"Me too. I wish that we can always stay like this. The peace you gave me healed me... In the past two years, you took care of me and drag me everywhere you go. Your presence was enough to assure me that there are still beautiful things in this world. Thank you, Sin." She gave him her most genuine smile with her eyes watering a bit as she was close to crying.

She was just overwhelmed with what he said. He really does held her dear. She is someone special to Sinbad. Someone who he has been protecting eversince. Her feelings for him just grew deeper.

Upon seeing her smile, Sinbad can't help but be captivated by it. It was his first time to see such a beautiful and fragile smile. He unconciously wiped her tears and cupped her cheek before leaning in. Before Yukiko can react, Sinbad had already closed the gap between them by placing his lips on her soft ones.

The kiss was soft yet, sweet. Yukiko can't help but drown in the sensation and closed her eyes to feel it more. Sinbad, on the other hand realized his action after pulling away.

The kiss lasted for a full minute and he can clearly see how embarrassed Yukiko looks right now. He didn't know what came over him. He tried to talk with her but Yukiko immediately stood up.

"I'll be attending to something now, Your majesty. Please excuse me." She immediately walked away and faded from his sight before Sinbad can stop him. He then touched his lips before licking it.

"So it's really sweet as I thought." He looked up to the skies with a smile. "I'm her first. I'm sure of it." He ran his fingers through his purple tresses as he gaze up to the stars.

"She's on the palm of my hands now."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

The day of Sinbad and Sindria's birthday came and the people were rejoicing. The whole day was nothing but singing, eating, drinking and dancing. Everyone was laughing and exchanging strories. Night came and Sinbad was watching over his people warmly before someone tapped his shoulder. It was Yukiko.

"Sin, happy birthday." She smiled at him as she holds her flute near her chest. She was wearing a Sindria inspired kimono made by a tailor in the market for today's occassion. It was the same color as the ocean with the rare flowers as its pattern's design. "We would like to show you how much we thank you so, I came up with a song for you and the beautiful country that you made."

The eight generals together with Aoren, Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgianna stood behind her with smile on their faces. Yukiko then blew a soft tune to signal the musicians below that the song is about to start. Trumpets began playing followed by the loud beating of the drums. Sinbad saw all his people looking up to him as they placed their right hand on their chest, where their hearts are located.

"Sin, this is for you." Yukiko told him as she stood beside him.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 15 4
Magi x male reader. "ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴀꜱ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ." I stated while narrowing my eyes at him He just smirked "What makes you think that?" He...
2.2K 81 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...
20.3K 542 9
So I haven't seen many, or any to be honest, of these so I'll try my best to make it a good story! You are a slave girl originally from the Dark Con...
61.3K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...