I think I'm in love with a Ma...

By lollyyypop112

Fanfic Watty Awards winner 2011. Lily Luna Potter is the only daughter of the famous Harry Potter. It's her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 34

62.9K 1K 180
By lollyyypop112

I think I'm in Love With A Malfoy

Chapter 34

Lily's POV

"I still can't believe that douchebag!" Roxy blurt out, making me jump slightly.

I pulled down my sunglasses a bit to peer at her, squinting in the sunlight. "I thought we weren't going to talk about it Roxy."

"I'm sorry! It's just its infuriating that I wasn't there to give him a slap. He's a freaking dick...and Drake is as well!" she sighed fanning herself. "Have you heard from the Ministry yet?"

I nodded. "Yeah - they're um willing to overlook my underage magic due to the circumstances. I think my father had a word with Kingsley Shacklebolt."

Roxy nudged her sunglasses down her nose and sighed. "Favouritism I tell you. Anyone else would have got a hearing! Maybe apart from Hugo and Rose. Word on the grapevine is Aunt Hermione is next in line for minister."

I'm sure she was. She was the cleverest witch or wizard I'd ever known. "Not just us, your father was also a member of the Order and fought alongside him, so I'm sure if it was you, they'd do the same."

"Yeah right. I don't know why you even bothered risking it in the first place. He didnt deserve to be cured."

I glared at her.

"Okay okay chill out. I've had my rant, now we can just relax and admire the good-looking life guards," she said lying back on her plush sun bed.

I shook my head, blinking back the tears. It still hurt to think about what Scorpius had done. Two weeks had gone by since I had left the Malfoy manor and gone jet setting around the world with Roxy. We were currently lounging on one beautiful sandy beach off the coast of the French Riviera after having been shopping in Rome yesterday.

"Damn, that one's fine!" Roxy hissed pointing out to a guy running along the beach.

I looked at him closely. He was sure well toned, but he was nothing compared to Scorpius. I sighed dejectedly; maybe it was best if I just closed my eyes. My eyelids fluttered closed, but then all I could see floating around was his face. How devastated he looked when I found out about the bet, it had honestly looked as if he cared.

Stupid, good for nothing Malfoy. Get out of my head!

I groaned and I opened my eyes again to find Roxy making flirty faces at the lifeguard. "Don't you think you're being a bit obvious?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow.

She shook her head, widening her eyes, "No. That's the only way you'll get anywhere with a guy these days! We need to be upfront and make the first move because guys are stupid when it comes to reading a girl's feelings," she finished with a shrug. "You need to do some serious flirting, get your mind off Scorpius."

"I don't need-" I started to protest.

But Roxy was having none of it, pointing out potential candidates for my 'rebound guy.' I did happen to catch the eye of a rather attractive dark haired boy, who was kicking a football around with his friend near the shore. He looked around my age, maybe a couple of years older with nicely bronzed skin. I offered a small smile in his direction, which he returned with a wink.

"Well he's a good choice, I suppose," Roxy nodded her head appreciatively, "let's just hope he isn't a jerk."

As she was saying this, the dark haired boy had paused his football game and was talking to his friend, occasionally glancing in our direction. I looked at the sand, not meaning to look so creepy by staring at him.

"They're coming over," hissed Roxy. "Stop looking like a weird kid staring at the floor!"

I blushed and looked up. Sure enough, the guy and his friend were jogging towards us. "Bonjour ladies," dark haired stranger greeted, once they had reached us. "My name is Lucas, my friend here is Marc," he said smoothly. He spoke very good English, with a hint of a French accent. "You look like you could use some company."

"Helloo, well my names Roxanne, but feel free to call me whatever you like. And this is here is my cousin Lily," Roxy said with a wide smile, "she's very lonely at the moment," she whispered as if I wasn't even there.

"Roxy!" I hissed, before flashing a smile at Lucas.

"What? I think I'm going to go and get a smoothie with Marc," she said, waggling her eyebrows furiously before standing up and dragging Marc away, who looked rather terrified. I wouldn't blame him.

Lucas sat down on Roxy's sunbed. "Your cousin, she's rather forward," he stated with a laugh.

"Yeah, your friend looked scared out of his pants-" I clapped a hand in front of my mouth. I can't believe I just said that, how embarrassing. "I'm sorry, that was kind of an odd thing to say, I don't even know why I said that," I blurted out.

He laughed some more, tucking his football under his arm. "You're cute Lily."

I blushed, biting my lip. It felt weird...and also slightly guilty to be flirting with Lucas. He was extremely good looking, but every time I opened my mouth to say something, it was if an alter ego popped up inside my brain, one that was still in love with Scorpius and wouldn't let me forget that.

"...England?"

I snapped out of my mind trip to see Lucas looking at me expectantly. "Sorry?" I said, now feeling bad about not paying attention.

"Are you visiting from England?" He repeated, not at all put out by my inattentiveness.

I nodded. "Yeah, we decided to go on a world tour over the summer holidays. So we won't be here for much longer."

Ohh bum. Why did I say that?

"Fair enough. So do you go to Hogwarts?"

"What?" I narrowed my eyes slightly at him. He couldn't know that! How the hell did he even know that I was a witch? "I don't know what you're talking about."

He smirked and leaned in closer to my ear. "Your wand is sticking out your bag," he whispered. He leaned back again, "and considering you're from England, it was just a guess that you go there. Don't worry I'm a wizard, I always wanted to visit Hogwarts when I was younger, but never got the chance."

"It is a pretty amazing place," I agreed. "So where did you go to school?"

"My mother sent me away to Durmstrang. Strongly hated that place. So glad when I finished last year," he said, frowning.

"Oh I was just there this year, for the Triwizard Tournament. That was really good. I didn't think it was that bad a place, oh wait do you know Xavier?"

"Xavier? Yeah everyone knows that kid. Genius he was, helped me pass my NEWTs," he said laughing at the memory. His laugh was great too. If only I could stop thinking about a certain someone...

"Excuse me miss?" I heard a crackly voice from my right. I turned to see an old man standing there, Hawaiian shirt and all, holding a bouquet of beautiful white lilies. "Someone has asked me to give you these," he said holding them out, smiling and showing his crooked teeth.

I took them confused, "Umm thank you, are you sure they are for me?" He nodded, before hobbling off again.

"Looks like you have a secret admirer," Lucas observed. I looked around the beach, no one was here that I knew, or had even seen before apart from Roxy who was chatting to Marc at the smoothie bar and she was unlikey to send me flowers, even to cheer me up. "Check if there's a note?" suggested Lucas.

I nodded, slightly flustered. I searched through the mass of white and green and eventually found a small piece of white card. I pulled it out and read the delicate handwriting engraved on it.

'I'm sorry, please forgive me?'

I didn't need to be told who it was. But I was wondering how he knew I was here. And apparently 'someone' had asked that man to give me these, which must mean he was here right? Did he follow me here?

My heart started to race, if he was here I might get to see him? I don't think you were supposed to be this excited about seeing a guy that you had just broken up with, but I couldn't help it.

"Lily, I know you just received a bunch of flowers from some other guy, but I was just wondering if you would like to go out for dinner tonight?" Lucas asked, rubbing his shoulder awkwardly.

This was the moment I dreaded. It was all fine, just friendly chatting, but then the guy has to make it awkward by asking these sorts of questions. Yeah, its all 'whooop' when you like the guy in that way, but when you don't...well it just ruins to whole friendship thing you have going on. And now I'm rambling to myself...

I took a deep breath, slapping myself mentally for what I was about to say. "Look Lucas-"

"Oh dear. It's the talk..." he said. "And we haven't even gone on a first date yet."

"I'm sorry Lucas. The truth is that I've just got out of a serious relationship, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for another one," I said apologetically. "Don't get me wrong, you seem like a great guy, just not for me at the moment."

"That's alright, I guess," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said again, fidgeting on my sun bed. "It's getting kind of hot, I might just take a walk. Feel free to join me?"

"Nah, I'm cool. I might go and save Marco from your cousin," he replied getting up. He sent me a small smile. "I guess I just asked you out at a bad time."

I agreed, "Yeah, I'm a little damaged at the moment."

He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "Well it was nice meeting you Lily."

"You too." He left, walking up to the smoothie bar.

I slipped on a light purple kaftan over my bikini and made my way to the shore taking a single white Lily flower with me. I walked along the shoreline, feeling the warm water rush over my feet, just thinking about life in general.

If these were from him, and he had followed me here...then maybe he really did care? What I didn't understand was why he had to make such a bet in the first place? I sighed looking out into the Mediteranean sea.

I didn't notice that someone was standing infront of me until I walked into them. I felt hands slip around my waist steadying and keeping me up. My heart started beating rapidly once again as I breathed in his familiar scent.

I couldn't look up, I didn't want to see his beautiful silver eyes staring back at me, into my soul.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled, staring at the flower in my hand.

"I came to beg for your forgiveness," he replied, his chest rumbling against me.

"I told you not to follow me..." I trailed off because he had used his free hand to tilt my chin up so I he could look into my face. My breath caught at how utterly handsome he was. His blond hair casually messed, a couple of strands falling in front of his eyes.

"I know you did. Honestly I tried to respect your wish, but I just couldn't stop thinking about you. Since you left. Please let me explain-" he said cutting off my protest. "I've never met anyone more amazing or beautiful...and I don't think I will ever in my life. I made that bet with Drake before I even got to know you. I've changed since then, learnt from my mistakes and fell in love with you. That bet was supposed to end at Christmas, I already paid Drake what I owed him...and yet even though I lost, I still wanted to be with you. And I still do. Please. Ask Drake if you don't believe me," he let out a deep breath, which fanned across my face. "Please forgive me?"

I felt tears, once again threatening to run down my cheeks. I sure had missed him over the past two weeks, and it took all my will to not just take him back right then.

"I'm-"

"Please Lily."

"I don't know Scorpius. Finding out that, it hurt really badly. Worse than anyone else had ever...done."

"I know. I'm really sorry. I never meant you to find out this way...What can I do to make you forgive me?" he gently rubbed a tear away from my cheek with his thumb.

I looked away from his piercing eyes, taking a deep breath and rubbing my eyes. "I loved you Scorpius."

"I love you Lily. I fucking love you. Everything that I've said to you...it was all real. I would never rush you into everything that you don't want to do," he said desperately. "I will quite literally get down on my knees and beg until you forgive me. Do you want me to do that?"

I couldn't help but smile a little at this. I shook my head, blinking back the moisture in my eyes.

"So you forgive me?"

"I guess. Considering you offered to beg," I said, trying to lighten the mood. His face lit up, the biggest grin on his face.

"Thank you Lily. You've just made my day. I've been so depressed lately-"

"Shhh," I interrupted him. "I've missed you." I wrapped my arms around his neck pressing my face into his shoulder, breathing in his scent. "You'd better make up for it," I joked.

"I'm planning on it," he murmured, stroking his fingers through my hair.

I pulled back from him slightly, just so I could see his face. "Thank you for the flowers, their beautiful. Wait, it was you that sent them right?"

He laughed and nodded, "yeah."

"I was going to say, it might be kind of creepy if it wasn't you."

"Yeah just a bit. Six beautiful lilies for the most stunning Lily," he said. "Shame that didn't rhyme, it was a great line."

I blushed and smiled, a warm feeling building up inside me, "it was a pretty good line."

"Did that French guy come up with anything better. I was ready to curse him if he got to close to you though," Scorpius smirked, his trademark expression.

"So you were not only following me, but spying me as well?" I raised an eyebrow. "Getting a bit possessive aren't we?"

"I don't even care, I just don't like seeing you flirting with other guys," he said warning flashing in his eyes.

I giggled, "well I think it was a bit of payback. Not that I knew you were there. But still."

"I suppose I did deserve it," he admitted. "Again I am really sorry; I was going to tell you eventually. When I was sure you weren't going to flip out on me."

"See it's the other way round for me. I just wish that you'd have told me earlier." He pulled me closer for a hug again.

"I couldn't bring myself to say it...I didn't want to lose you. I love you Lily."

I gave in, maybe it was to do with the tingles that ran through my body every time he touched me, or the emotion he was pouring into his words, but I couldn't help myself... "I love you too Scorpius."

I was like crying when I read this through. I think I've fallen in love with Scorpius along the way. It's like saying goodbye to really good friends.

Thankyou to everyone that's been supporting this story from the beginning...and basically anyone thats been reading it and voting x

I'm also planning a sequel...YAY! I probably won't be uploading that until after the new year though, take a little break to catch up on my other stories.

Otherwise I hope you enjoyed the chapter

Ali <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 7 33
(I know Scorlily isn't a common ship, but hear me out) He was a Malfoy. She was a Potter. As of recent, Scorpius and Lily were supposed to hate each...
219K 5.4K 76
Rose Weasley has always been the top of her class. She got it from her mum, the pure determination to soak in all the information that she learned be...
13K 281 114
The untold story of Alyssa Potter, Harry's younger twin sister who happened to be a not-so ordinary girl from an orphanage in a small town called Sur...
55.7K 1.8K 36
A dancing pair of fluttery pink fairy wings. That was all anyone ever seemed to see in Lily Luna Potter, because she never took them off. An angel of...