Chapter 34

I think I'm in Love With A Malfoy

Chapter 34

Lily's POV

"I still can't believe that douchebag!" Roxy blurt out, making me jump slightly.

I pulled down my sunglasses a bit to peer at her, squinting in the sunlight. "I thought we weren't going to talk about it Roxy."

"I'm sorry! It's just its infuriating that I wasn't there to give him a slap. He's a freaking dick...and Drake is as well!" she sighed fanning herself. "Have you heard from the Ministry yet?"

I nodded. "Yeah - they're um willing to overlook my underage magic due to the circumstances. I think my father had a word with Kingsley Shacklebolt."

Roxy nudged her sunglasses down her nose and sighed. "Favouritism I tell you. Anyone else would have got a hearing! Maybe apart from Hugo and Rose. Word on the grapevine is Aunt Hermione is next in line for minister."

I'm sure she was. She was the cleverest witch or wizard I'd ever known. "Not just us, your father was also a member of the Order and fought alongside him, so I'm sure if it was you, they'd do the same."

"Yeah right. I don't know why you even bothered risking it in the first place. He didnt deserve to be cured."

I glared at her.

"Okay okay chill out. I've had my rant, now we can just relax and admire the good-looking life guards," she said lying back on her plush sun bed.

I shook my head, blinking back the tears. It still hurt to think about what Scorpius had done. Two weeks had gone by since I had left the Malfoy manor and gone jet setting around the world with Roxy. We were currently lounging on one beautiful sandy beach off the coast of the French Riviera after having been shopping in Rome yesterday.

"Damn, that one's fine!" Roxy hissed pointing out to a guy running along the beach.

I looked at him closely. He was sure well toned, but he was nothing compared to Scorpius. I sighed dejectedly; maybe it was best if I just closed my eyes. My eyelids fluttered closed, but then all I could see floating around was his face. How devastated he looked when I found out about the bet, it had honestly looked as if he cared.

Stupid, good for nothing Malfoy. Get out of my head!

I groaned and I opened my eyes again to find Roxy making flirty faces at the lifeguard. "Don't you think you're being a bit obvious?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow.

She shook her head, widening her eyes, "No. That's the only way you'll get anywhere with a guy these days! We need to be upfront and make the first move because guys are stupid when it comes to reading a girl's feelings," she finished with a shrug. "You need to do some serious flirting, get your mind off Scorpius."

"I don't need-" I started to protest.

But Roxy was having none of it, pointing out potential candidates for my 'rebound guy.' I did happen to catch the eye of a rather attractive dark haired boy, who was kicking a football around with his friend near the shore. He looked around my age, maybe a couple of years older with nicely bronzed skin. I offered a small smile in his direction, which he returned with a wink.

"Well he's a good choice, I suppose," Roxy nodded her head appreciatively, "let's just hope he isn't a jerk."

As she was saying this, the dark haired boy had paused his football game and was talking to his friend, occasionally glancing in our direction. I looked at the sand, not meaning to look so creepy by staring at him.