Chapter 25

I think I'm In Love With a Malfoy

Chapter 25

Lily's POV

"This spell involves you thinking of your happiest memory. Allow it to fill you up and lose yourself in it and then speak the incantation 'Expecto Patronum,' though of course it would be much easier for you to cast one in this room than if you were actually facing a dementor as they would already be trying to drain all the happiness out of you and so on. Even when you have cast the spell, you must stay focused on that memory, or your Patronus will not protect you. That is why, so few wizards can produce this spell effectively," said the Durmstrang charms Professor. I really couldn't remember her name, it was so long and confusing.

"Why don't we learn this charm at Hogwarts?" Roxy whispered over me to Jake who was sitting on the other side of me.

"It's classed as 'too advanced' so they didn't put it in the charms curriculum," he murmured. "Shame really, it's such interesting magic. But at least we get to learn it here."

"Lily already knows how to cast one," said Roxy, looking at me smugly.

"You do?" Jake looked in awe.

"Well..." I started uncomfortably, "my dad taught us. James, Albus and me."

"What animal does it take?"

To be honest I didn't really know. I had only been able to cast incorporeal Patronus charms, which meant they had no form. They were just like shields of white light. Apparently, as I got older, my Patronus would choose a form to take sooner or enough.

"Well, I can't really remember. It was so long ago," I said.

"It was only one year ago-"

"Shut up Rox—OUCHHH!" In the middle of snapping at Roxy I had accidentally banged my fist into the table. It still hurt from that punch I gave Lexi last night. I wiggled my fingers. Yeah something definitely not right. The thumb was sticking out in the wrong direction and the nail had gone blue coloured. That's disgusting, how had I not noticed that before?

Wait, when you punched, where was your thumb meant to go again?

Whoops.

"Lily? Helloo!"

"What?" I said coming back out of my trance with my ugly thumb. "Look at my thumb, does that look weird to you?"

"Well it doesn't look normal, that's for sure," Roxy sniggered, pulling my hand closer and examining it.

Jake leaned in, a picture of repulsion on his face, "urghhh, what did you do to it?"

"Didn't you hear? She socked Lexi in her snooty face!" Roxy exclaimed. It was a good job everyone was trying to practice the charm otherwise she might have earned a couple of stares.

I gave her a light whack. "Shh! I didn't sock her. I just punched her."

She looked at me for a second "It's the same thing hun."

"Are we okay my dears? Getting on with the spell nicely?" nosed the Professor. She reminded me slightly of Professor Trelawney, with her big round glasses. Roxy put on a wide smile.

"Yes, we were just discussing Lily's father's Patronus. The famous stag," Roxy said and we watched the Professors eyes widen.

"Of course..."

So while they were discussing my father's patronus I was just zoning out. Not like me really. Usually I was a very good student in classes. I blamed Scorpius personally, he was distracting me.