Chapter 28

I think I'm in Love with A Malfoy

Chapter 28

(Okay so it starts off in Drakes POV but its not all in his)

Drake's POV

Scorpius and Lily left to get a seat in the stands so I was left standing in the champion's tent shaking like a leaf. Get a grip of yourself Drake!

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder and I jumped around, probably looking like a right idiot, to come face to face with Rose.

"Bloody Hell Rose! You scared the crap out of me!" I muttered trying to calm myself.

"That's nice to know," she whispered before quickly pressing her lips to mine. At first, I was mildly surprised but her familiar scent and feel, made me feel comfortable so I instinctively wrapped my arms around her.

A cannon sounded nearby, breaking us apart. She looked at me longingly before saying "good luck."

"What just happened? I thought we broke up, you know we both agreed."

"For old time's sake," she murmured and then slipped out of the tent.

I just stared after her, processing what had just happened. I really did miss her; she just had something that always drew me to her. Roxy, on the other hand was a great laugh and she was extremely hot, but there was no real excitement. She was like the female version of me...and I didn't really feel like dating myself.

The cannon sounded again and I realised that I was practically alone in the tent. Everyone had already left. Damn it!

I ran out into the stadium where Boy Genius (I had picked up Scorpius' nickname for him) and pretty Beauxbatons girl stood. The crowd were so noisy, cheering their champions on. It kind of reminded me of walking out just before a Quidditch match. In front of us was a huge maze, 20ft high, each bush being the width of my leg. Stupid magic making everything supernaturally big.

And another thing, why did all these competitions always seem to include mazes? I had a terrible sense of direction, so how the hell was I supposed to navigate myself through this. Who knew what freaky creatures they put in there? I would bet my sister's cat that there were giant man eating spiders in there somewhere.

We had been told earlier that we had to basically get to the middle of the maze and get the cup. Apparently this task had been done before when my dad was at Hogwarts and the results were a dead guy....yeah, way to make us feel calm right? But they had assured us that it was completely safe this time and we weren't going to be transported to an eerie graveyard and get murdered by Voldemort.

I've always wondered why he decided to name himself Voldemort anyway. I mean who does that? The names more comical than evil, if anything.

Anyway, I gazed at the black hole of a maze. It really didn't look at all friendly in there.

The Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports came over and placed us all in our positions. I was to start two minutes after Boy Genius because I had lost the last task, and the Beauxbatons girl was to start five minutes after me.

The cannon went for a third time and Boy Genius entered the maze. He was walking slowly, obviously in no rush whatsoever. Maybe he thought we were no threat?

Fine, well I'm running.

So as soon as my cannon went off and the crowd erupted again, I legged it into the maze, wand held tightly in my hand ready to blast anything that leapt out in front of me into oblivion. Though as soon as I stepped over the threshold of the maze, the sound of the crowd suddenly muted. It was as if I had stepped into a bubble and all I could now hear was silence and the occasional wind blowing through the gaps in the maze.