The Prince's Duchess { Illyri...

Av SeraEnigma

Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an ecce... Mer

Author's Notes:
Prologue
Chapter 1: Blinded
Chapter 2: Who are you?
Chapter 3: A Promise
Chapter 4: Death of a Duke
Special Chapter: Luis Valentine
Chapter 5 - Grief on both sides
Chapter 6: I'm a Duchess?!
Chapter 7: Invitation
Chapter 8: On My Way
Chapter 9: First Meeting
Chapter 10: Living with the Prince
Chapter 11: An After Party Invite
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Seductive Kiss
Chapter 14: Lovers
Chapter 16: Henry's Funeral
Chapter 17: Tonight
Chapter 18: A Prince's Warmth
Chapter 19: Town Legends
Chapter 20 Part 1: The Charity Gala
Chapter 20 Part 2: She is Mine
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Alone with you
Chapter 23: What It Means
Chapter 24: This is not Goodbye
Special Chapter: Catherine Lyonel
Chapter 25: Missing You
Chapter 26: Telling the truth
Chapter 27: Old Wounds
Chapter 28: Twins
Chapter 29: Hidden Shame
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting
Flash Back Chapter: Before I Met You
Chapter 32: Did you Miss Me?
Chapter 33: Tonight, I'm Yours
Chapter 34: Cousins
Chapter 35: The Lost Princess
Special Chapter: Seymone
Chapter 36: Results
Chapter 37: A Stronger Bond
Chapter 38: World of our Own
Chapter 39: Be Honest
Chapter 40: The Brother In Law
Chapter 41: Back to Illyria
Chapter 42: My Fiancée
Chapter 43: Kassim
Chapter 44: Forgive Me?
Chapter 45: Like Father, Like Daughter
Chapter 46: The Forgotten Agreement
Chapter 47: Leaving again
Chapter 48: The Truth about Laila-Part 1
Chapter 49: The Truth about Laila - Part 2
Chapter 50: The Poison
Chapter 51: Flaunting your Title
Chapter 52: Akhun
Chapter 53: The Plot Thickens
Chapter 54: Now and Always
Chapter 55: Sex, Netflix and Chill
Chapter 56: The Lyonel Family Secret
Chapter 57: The Trial
Chapter 58: Forever Mine
Chapter 59: A Lost Love Returns
Chapter 60: An Unexpected Invitation
Chapter 61: Sealed Letter
Chapter 62: Elite Affair
Chapter 63: Her True Colors
Chapter 64: Kidnapped
Chapter 65: Huntress
Chapter 66: Redemption
Chapter 67: Body Heat
Chapter 68: Who am I?
Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest
Chapter 70: Memories of Us
Chapter 71: Aphrodisiac Fever
Extra Chapter: Laila
Chapter 72: Surprise Ambush
Chapter 73: Luce e Ombra
Chapter 74: La Famiglia e tutto
Chapter 75: The Cat is out of the Bag
Chapter 76: Abstinance
Chapter 77: The Wedding
Chapter 78: Night at the Tower
Final Chapter 79: The Prince's Duchess
Epilogue Chapter 80: The Princess' Personal Chef
End of the Story Greetings!
Special Mini Novel Coming Up!

Chapter 15: Stay with me

3.5K 140 6
Av SeraEnigma

Leo's POV:

It was another busy day at La Belle HQ but somehow as my body automatically performs the usual tasks that are second nature to me, my mind was on a different subject.

Days have passed since she agreed to be lovers.

And yet somehow I have yet to take my duchess to bed. Sarina had asked that we take it slow and allowed me to kiss her and touch her only. Yet she did not state any boundaries as to where I would put my lips so...

My mind had become more creative as my kisses explored the curve of her neck, back, and even her breasts, which made her shiver and moan whenever I sneak into her room to cuddle with her every night, torturing myself as her cries always made me rock hard and stiff.

And each time whenever she fell asleep, I would go back to my bed amidst the cold sheets, missing her warmth and her sweet scent.

I hoped for the day when I could convince her to make love, just imagining it happening made my palms flex eagerly at the moment when it would finally touch her more and show her how good it would be if she would just say yes to me.

Damn but it sucks to wait. I never waited for a girl this long but never have I taken an unwilling lover, usually, it takes only two days for me to wear down my past lovers; but somehow Sarina's​ defenses are even harder to crack.

Thinking about the sweet smile she gave me as she kissed me goodbye somehow made me sigh as I held the two tickets to the Dessert Fundraiser she and Cat were going to participate in this afternoon.

"Charles? Wanna go with me to a Fundraiser? " I asked my best friend as I pressed the intercom on my desk.

"Uhmmm....why not. Where is it?"

"12 Willow St., I'll drive." I checked my watch and was elated to see that it was the end of the day for me.

I could not wait to see her. Somehow the hours apart always seems to make me impatient to go wherever she is just to be with her.

It was not a normal reaction for me, missing her and all but...I don't care.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dessert fundraiser was held in one of the local parks. There were bouncy castles, rides, and even a small petting zoo but in the center of the park square were rows and rows of tables where a dozen desserts were showcased in trays, plates, cupcakes tiers, and even in glass domes.

A few of the sponsors and even the head nun of the orphanage came and shook hands with me, they were surprised that I was here. When I told them that Sarina invited me to come and the head nun gave me her warmest smile.

"She's a very dear woman, she even donated a generous amount of her time so that the fundraiser would have a lot of sponsors. I had met her four days ago when she was at a cafe near the orphanage and told her of this fundraiser and she even volunteered to bake a few things herself. Such an angel. Your Uncle really chose his heir well."

My heart warmed at the nun's compliments then I stopped at what she said.

"The duchess bakes?"

"Why yes, she does. I have tasted her fruit tarts and the crowd seems to love them."

I had no idea she even bakes and then I remembered Cat's knowing smirk five days ago when she was zealously guarding the fruit tarts Sarina packed for her.

So this explains why she disappears at times even when I am in the house. She was busy baking in my kitchen and sneaking out to organize this fundraiser.

I excused myself politely and went to find Sarina's table.

"This is not so bad." Charles waved at a few young ladies who were selling some cakes and cookies. "This fundraiser has some cute girls manning the table."

Then I saw a certain table which had lots of men on it. I frowned as I elbowed my way in and then I saw Cat and Sarina wearing identical white shirts with frilled skirts and black high heels. But his sister had cat ears and a baby blue apron tied to her slim waist while Sarina had fluffy bunny ears and a lilac apron tied to her curvier waist.

Their table was full of cute animal themed desserts. From different tarts to cupcakes. Their displays were very eye-catching but the men seem more interested in the ones selling the sweets.

I felt my temper flare up when Sarina smiled sweetly at a young man who just bought two rabbit fruit tarts and was looking at her with a love-struck face. I felt my possessiveness grab ahold of me and it only worsens when another man tried to get her attention by buying more tarts.

"Ahem!" I coughed and both of the women saw me as I threw a lethal glare at the male buyers on Sarina's side who scurried off like rats.

"Leone?! Whoa, you actually made it? I was thinking that you might be busy." Cat waved at me then hugged a sudden red-faced Sarina. "Isn't she just adorable? She is a hit among the younger men. We nearly sold all her baked goods."

It is not the baked goods they were after.

Once again I eyed her outfit and how it hugged her hourglass figure, For some reason, it was irritating seeing these men sniff after her like a pack of starving wolves.

Going after what was MINE.

"Charles. Sell these sweets for a while." I grabbed my friend and put the bunny ears and apron on him. "Cat, I need to borrow this little bunny for a while."

"Have a nice feast." Charles winked at me and Cat just smiled like a crafty feline as I held Sarina's hand and we walked away from the crowd to a secluded part of the park, where no one would intrude.

Once we were alone, I ruffled my hair and turned to stare at her once again, which was not a good move because she was breathing really fast and her actions are causing her breasts to bounce up and down her tightly molded shirt.

Damn. She looks good enough to eat.

"Why did you have to wear something like this? Those men were staring at you like hungry wolves." my voice was rough with desire as I leaned against a tree, trapping her against my body.

Her gray eyes flared with surprise then anger as she squirmed against me.

"I am not doing anything wrong Leone. They can drool all they want but I am just trying to sell sweets for the orphanage." she pushed at my chest. "Don't you trust me at all?"

"I do, I just don't trust them that is all. Especially when you look so damn pretty and....so delicious. It drives me crazy." I growled as I nuzzled her neck. Her high heels gave her a height boost so her head was in level with my chest.

I felt her gasp as my words sank into her head, She stopped struggling and her hands slowly went around my waist.

"Don't be mad. This is a harmless bake sale." she pleaded so sweetly.

It took a while but my initial jealousy faded as I pulled her against me even more, enjoying the way her body molded well against mine.

"Harmless eh? With that sexy outfit? You are a danger to me duchess."

I took her mouth in a hungry kiss and trapped her against the tree again. She moaned and gently stroked my back as if to tell me that I should not worry about her straying from me.

My hand slipped inside her skirt and she flinched when I stroke her thigh, feeling the smoothness of her skin. Just a bit further and I swear I could feel her inner heat.

"Wait..." she sounded breathless, I also detected a bit of fear in her voice.

As much as I want to touch her inside. It took a few seconds to force myself to drop my hand and placed it back on her waist as I continued nipping and nuzzling her neck.

I was breathing quite fast as we looked at each other. My pants felt tighter because of my sudden hard on but I ignored it since it was obvious that she is still not ready.

"I am sorry," I whispered as I stroked her flushed cheeks.

She nodded and gave me a small smile as we leaned against the tree still glued to each other.

"Leone, I know it must be hard for you to wait," she said in a shaky voice. "I have never done something like this and I easily get frightened but please give me a little more time."

Never done something like this? Wait what?

"Rina, are you saying that you are....a virgin?"

She looked ashamed of the idea and buried her face in my chest while her arms tightened around my back. My mind was literally going in circles, piecing together the obvious signs.

How could I not notice?

"It is fine love, I am just surprised." I hugged her tightly and she relaxed. "But you had boyfriends so I thought..."

"I broke up with them when they started pressing me to have sex when I refused and asked for more time to sort out my feelings" pain resonated from her voice. "Well, they left me for some other girls who would give it to them immediately."

Listening to the pain and humiliation in her voice, Disgust flared from within my body at the assholes that had hurt her this way. But a part of me was happy that I would be her first.

She would be all mine in every sense when we do come together.

The reality of it made me smile and even more possessive of her.

"I know that I have literally made you wait for a year but I was so happy when you told me you would wait until I was comfortable, you had no idea how much those words meant to me," she said against my skin, her breath tickled me and I kissed her hair.

"That won't change. I did say I may steal a few kisses and more touches but I would never force you."

Her radiant smile somehow dulled the frustration in my groin and I was already planning for a cold bath when we get home.

"Uhm Leone?" she looked down at my swelling crotch which was being cradled by her thigh. "It must be really painful. I am so sorry."

"I am used to it. Really." I gritted my teeth, pulled away from her, and tried to calm down.

She held onto my hand as I eased my breathing into steady ones.

"The funeral's tomorrow. After that will you be leaving for the Philippines after that?" I asked her out of the blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarina's POV:

I stared at Leone's shadowed face as he asked that question.

Looking back we have been lovers for almost five days now and those were the most beautiful memories of my life because he was with me.

That and the fact that even though I knew he wants me badly, he has kept his promise not to go any further unless I ask for it.

Even if his own needs are telling him to screw it and just take me.

He was different from any man she knew and that excludes the fact that he is a prince but...

I don't care.

I don't want to leave him.

But I still have a responsibility to take care of Sey. If I stay here; she will be left all alone and knowing her as I do. I just couldn't do that to her.

"I-I do not know," I said sadly. "I have my cousin to take care of but I don't want to leave here yet."

"Is it only your cousin that you are worried about?" he asked gently.

I blushed at how obvious I was.

"My stepbrother Kiel. He does not know what is happening to me right now and I want him to know."

"He lives in Manila too right?"

"Yes but he is on an Exotic Asia tour right now and most of the time it is hard for us to contact him because he is in some remote village with no Wi-Fi." I sighed. "He will be back in Manila next week and he would freak out if he finds me gone."

"Stay with me." He begged as he took me in his arms again and I snuggled against his warmth. "Stay with me for a few more days at least and I'll let you leave."

I really loved the way his large body seems to protect me from my fears and worries. He was so strong and I felt myself weakening.

"I'll stay for another five days but after that, I need to go," I said softly, my lover just kissed my brows and nose as his dark eyes sparkled with happiness and arousal at my words.

"You are coming with me to my hunting lodge after the funeral," he said as he took me back to bake sale tables.

"Did you just demand I come with you or are you asking?" I raised my eyebrows at him, he had the decency to look insulted.

"A prince never asks." he said then smiled at me teasingly as his tone softened." but very well, I am asking you, my duchess. Will you come and spend three days with me at my hunting lodge?"

Somehow I could not stay angry with him for long so I agreed to go with him as we made our way back.

Cat sold almost all our items, only a couple more items were left unsold and oddly I saw Charles munching on some Salted Caramel Puffs.

I and Leone both smiled at each other as we began packing up the leftovers because the fundraiser is almost over.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bake sale and fundraiser was a success, in the end, I and Leone went home exhausted but fairly happy however when we got to the entrance. I felt a sudden tension in the atmosphere.

Mrs. Briggs greeted us and looked serious. She informed us that the King was in the living room, waiting to meet me.

I felt a sudden change in Leone's face, his eyes hardened and his smile vanished. He looked like a cold and proud prince; the man I first met.

The King of Illyria? That means he is Leone's father.

"You will be fine." Leone said to me as he dismissed Mrs. Briggs and led me to the living room. "Just stay close to me okay? He must be here to check on your progress."

I nodded but I was still nervous. Something about the King somehow scares me, I had asked Cat about him but all the princess could say was that aside from his intimidating authority and competence in running the kingdom; he was also cold and curt to both his peers and family.

As if someone sucked the joy from him a long time ago.

I noticed that the room was eerily quiet and I shivered as we both went inside.

A tall and large man dressed in black sat on one of the largest chairs in the room. Silver-blonde hair was slicked on the back of his head and his eyes were also amber gold, his dark skin had a few lines along with his eyes and face but he was still handsome in a severe way.

And right now, he was staring at us in such an unnerving way that I wanted to run.

Just then my eyes saw a huge animal materialize behind his chair and I gasped.

It was a feline the size of a Golden Retriever, it had thick black sleek fur and bright green-gold eyes. Its ears are curled and circular in a peculiar way. I have never seen such a huge cat before and it was so beautiful.

My fear suddenly vanished as the big animal suddenly went towards me and it purred as it rubbed its face against my legs. I reached out my hand to let him smell me but the affectionate feline headbutted my palms and seems happy when I scratched its ears.

"You." the king's voice sounded weird.

I looked up and saw that his face had paled, it looked like he saw a ghost.

"Eva..." the King's raw and pained whisper was so quiet but I heard it and somehow it made me ache.

I felt Leone's hand on my back and took a deep breath as the King suddenly stood up and walked towards me, his face was still cold and dignified but I somehow saw a crack in his composure which vanish in an instant.

Did I imagine everything?

The big cat sat by my side as Leone introduced me as the new Duchess.

"Sarina Larusso is it? Who is your mother?" The king turned his head to me, his voice was deep but pleasant.

"Evangeline Ibarra, your Highness," I answered confused by the sudden question.

The king's expression suddenly changed to one of pain but suddenly his face was calmer. He smiled warmly at me and took my hands in his.

They were large yet strong hands but unlike Leone's, they were very cold.

"I have heard of you from Luis, I thank you for taking care of my brother." His rumbling voice sounded hoarse as if thanks were uncommon for him to give.

"You are welcome, He was never a burden sir."

"How do you find my small country?" His eyes turned to my gray ones, his gaze one of silent intensity so I chose my words carefully.

"It is very beautiful, everyone has been very kind to me."

My answer must have pleased him for his face softened and I saw him smile again, this made Leone frown deeply.

"Uhm..." The atmosphere turned awkward as I tried to remember what I was going to say. " Well I should be going to my room to rest..please."

"Of course my dear." he patted my hand gently. "Well, I heard from Cora that you went to a fundraiser so you must be tired. Please rest tonight, we will see you at the funeral tomorrow."

But I purposely​ dawdled a bit and saw a glimpse of the cold but polite way Leone spoke to the King who was equally passionless in greeting his son. As I ascended the stairs, I could not help but notice the interaction between the king and my lover was curt and businesslike.

And it felt like ice piercing my heart for some odd reason.

So that was the King of Illyria, he really looks like an older Leone. But he looks so sad and miserable and somehow....it affects the prince too.

I saw something behind me and I gasped when I saw the huge cat following me all the way back to my room, his golden eyes were playfully warm as he head-butted my leg and purred.

"Bye." I patted his head and it growled loudly before it went back to the living room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was awoken by a noise just as my eyes became heavy with sleep.

Large, powerful arms went around me, a big hand went to rest at my stomach as I relaxed while I felt his warm scent enveloped me.

"Leone?" His touch became more insistent and I turned and saw the hard planes of his face that looked like hell. "What happened?"

"My father and I argued....about Uncle and then about you." He nuzzled my nose with his cold one. "He ordered me to stay away from you. Told him to go to hell."

"Does he hate me?" My sadness must have been so evident but he just kissed my forehead and held me close.

"God no. It seems like he is worried about you. He told me not to touch you as I do with...." he bit off what he was about to say but I knew what it was since Sey showed me his pictures on Google Search.

"your other women?" I tried to keep it neutral but disdain dripped in my voice but he smiled and shook his head at me.

" You are not like them. For starters, none of them refused to give themselves to me after I had made my attentions known. You on the other hand, despite sharing my dreams with me for a yet....you still elude me." His hold on me pulled me closer to him as he looked at my eyes. " And yet I cannot seem to stop caring and wanting you the moment I set eyes on you."

His words made my heart beat fast, my skin tingle, and my body shivered as his hands stroked my back and he lowered his lips to coax mine in a gentle kiss.

Somehow, the ugly thoughts in my heart were erased as I felt the truth of his words in the hot and soul-searing kiss that only grew more intimate as I pulled his head closer to mine.

And yet even when it was said and done, he never went further than kissing and touching. I could feel his need branding me through my thin gown and yet he controlled himself.

My lover stayed with me and never went back to his room, which was a rare occurrence because according to the gossips, He never sleeps or stays in his past lover's rooms.

I fell asleep in his arms with a smile.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

84.9K 1.4K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
188K 5.7K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
247K 3.7K 21
Jocelyn thrust her head backward and groaned in frustration. Aroused as she was, all her nerve endings had become very sensitive. She closed her eyes...
64.9K 2.4K 37
Sometimes shadows of past cannot be overcome... Myra There is a point in everyone's life which changes them. This point also came in my life which c...