Unchained

By Dark_Spaces

Book 1 in the Deviant Creatures Series In the slums of New York City an underground prison sat. The Ci... More

Author's Note (2024)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Eight

38.5K 1.9K 150
By Dark_Spaces

A/N : you know, as I was writing this, my smart self started putting parts of this in Russian, seeing as they are in Russia. So I went back, and only a few things are in Russian.

So just to let y'all know, when we get into the flashback, THEY WILL BE SPEAKING IN RUSSIAN EVEN THOUGH ITS ENGLISH

Moy voin - my warrior

UNEDITED

The whistling wind sounded shrill to her ears as she looked out and down from the cliff she was settled at. Pristine white, barren land as far as the eye could see, it traveled over rolling fells and clumped up over any boulders that would have been present.

The brown wolf beside her shifted restlessly, she knew the cold nipped at him, irking him greatly, but it did not bother her very much. Although the male was a bit bigger than her, she would always be able to withstand her surroundings more, she had always adjusted quickly to new surroundings. While the male on the other hand, he was more likely to die in the Russian coldness, he was not a Wolf that lived out in the forest, he was a Lone Wolf that stuck to the city. She knew he thought of it as, the more people the better. He felt more protected, like no Wolf would dare make a scene in front of humans.

Feeling a gentle nudge on her side, she whirled around, snapping at the male, making him stumble back in shock. Her Wolf form brought out more traits of her Wolf, making her extremely dominant and self protective, nearly paranoid. A sense of familiarity warmed her gut, making her wolf form buzz with electricity. Slowly her surrounding faded, morphing into a new scene similar to where she was.

      Her brown hair was plaited in a thick braid that rested softly at the base of her flared hips. Clad in a homemade tunic and leggings, she pulled her Caribou hide cloak closer to her lithe body, shunning out the deceptive cold. Her breath swirled in the bitter air, a small cloud that slowly disappeared. Snow dusted her hair and fringed her lashes, her nostrils flared as she took in any unknown scents that happened to be around. Murky black eyes scoured the white plains before her.

Dark spots moved in the horizon, she watched them with rapt interest, the heels of her boots dug into the icy snow beneath her. Carefully drawn breaths were being exhaled calmly through her slightly agape mouth. Lips tinted with blue, a bit chapped, mouthed breathless words.

"Solntse budet vopit' krov' v etot vecher."

It was barely a whisper but stirred the hulking form beside her.

His golden eyes peered down at her, his mate, his life, his one love. Shaggy blonde hair tumbled into his eyes, raising a large tanned hand, he pushed it out of his face, not wanting anything to keep his female from his sights.

"Liliya, moy voin, are you sure of this?" His voice rumbled in the air around them, sending shivers down her spine.

      "They knew what they were getting into when they stepped foot on these lands." Her eye glittered with malice. "They ruined it all."

       With the end of her words, she took long strides through the heavy snow, towards the pair of horses tied down near a thicket of trees. Mounting the light coated creature gracefully, she yanked on the reins, clicking her tongue, heading after the group of humans who had dared hunt her family, not waiting for her newfound mate to follow.

       The long legged, thick coated horse would carry them farther and faster than they would go in wolf form, seeing as their Wolf legs wouldn't be long enough to push them through the thigh high snow. She wound her gloves fingers through the horse's heavy winter mane, guiding him through slopes and falls of snow.

      Soon it started to sprinkle an ice and snow mixture, pelting the looming beasts body, irritating them, unsettling their riders. Before long the storm started picking up speed, causing the heavyset stallions to whinny in protest, Liliya gritted her teeth in annoyance and yanked harshly on the reins, hoping the silence the animal.

        Feeling Aleksandr's tawny gaze wear into the back of her head, she dug the heel of her boots into the animal's side, urging him to go faster, she did not want to kill of the animal just yet. The bland, yet disgusting smell of the humans bombarded her senses, the wind had carried their scents toward them, which let them know they were on the right path.

      Nearly two hours had passed before they came across the vile creatures, situated in one of her pack's emergency caves. The fated pair had stopped a mile away from the cave, where they killed off the stallions, and shifted into their Wolves. Liliya's asphalt  black coat did nothing to conceal herself from standing out while her mate was hardly seen. All that was noticeable was his nose and black lined eyes, his tawny eyes shone even brighter in his wolf form.

     Walking in the slightly covered trail of the humans, they covered the mile quicker than Liliya thought they would. She snapped softly at the white wolf, wanting him to stay towards the mouth of the cave, she wanted to be the one to do this, she wanted to be the one to see the humans suffered at her hands, to watch as blood arched across walls and snow, to rip them limb from limb.

     Murky brown eyes gazed cautiously around as she slunk lowly inside, by the smell of it, the humans had taken up camp towards the back.

     Blending in with the shadows, she waiting patiently as one walked her way and out of sight  of the others. Lunging for it, she tore out it's throat, watching in morbid satisfaction as blood spewed from the open wound, dousing her fur in the warm liquid. Her fur raised in pleasurable threatening stance.

       Slowly, she stalked towards the blazing campfire, where six more humans sat.

      Pouncing, she tore apart the nearest one, limbs were thrown haphazardly around the cave, the screams of the female humans made her ears pin back, baring her teeth she went for a female, wanting them to feel her pain, seeing as they looking like the males were trying to protect the females. Tearing through one of the males that blocked her path, she then moved on to a raven haired female.

     Ripping her head from her body, she felt a fiery pain erupt on her left side, she swung her large wolf head around to come face to face with a double barrel of a gun. Irritation flashed through her before she sent it flying across the cave with a swipe of her paw. In a quick few seconds the man was no more than a splatter of bones and guts against the stone walls.

      And then it all stopped. Dead silence settled in the cave, save for the crackle of the fire. A whizzing sound broke the deafening silence, she saw it coming a moment too late, the gleaming silver color of an arrowhead right before it went through her eye.

     A mournful howl was the last thing she heard.

Lym stood in shock, she had never once experienced a flashback while awake, she shifted on her paws uncomfortably, her grey eyes flickered around nervously. Unease seeped into her bones, her surroundings looked vaguely familiar and she knew where see had seen it before. Snapping her powerful jaws restlessly, she bolted.

       Recklessly picking her way down the cliff side, snow tumbled down after her, along with her companion.

      Crazy bitch. A whisper in her head had her snarling back at him.

Skidding to a halt at the base of the cliff, she steadied herself before taking off again, the sound of running water coaxed her ears and urged her in that direction. Her lungs burned and ached for a rest but she kept pushing herself, only glancing behind her a few times discreetly to make sure Tiberius had not froze to death.

       Finally she stopped once reaching the raging river. Looking at the wide River in horror, she heard Tiberius release a breath of shock, it was too wide, maybe a mile long. If they tried to swim it they would die of hypothermia before they even made it half way across.

      Shit. Shit. Shit.

      We're fucked. Her wolf grumbled in reply.

       She paced along the bank restlessly, glaring at the river every few seconds. She was beyond pissed, she wanted nothing more than to tear something apart. Swinging her head around to Tiberius she lowered herself into an aggressive stance, baring her canines at the unsuspecting male. He looked on at her in confusion, trying to figure out what he did wrong.

      Pulling her ears down flat against her skull, she felt her fur spike up, trying to make herself look larger, her tail straightened out, all of these were warnings to back off but he seemed to over look them. Lym had had enough of playing games, she was out for blood. Launching herself at him, she aimed for his jugular, he moved out of the way just in time, ducking and scurrying to her opposite side.

       He looked at her with wary eyes as she rounded on him, tackling him to the ground, tuffs of fur went flying along with splatters of blood staining the pure white snow. Tiberius tried to fight her off, getting in a few good licks here and there, but over all, she had more experience and better skills than him.

      A strange wailing sound halted her. Snapping her out of her bloodthirsty haze. She gave Tiberius a look that said I'm-sorry-but-not-really.

    He glared at her when she turned, licking his wounds, trying to stop the bleeding. Lym looked on at the horizon, across the river. A fairly large creature peered at her from the opposite bank, water dribbled down its muzzle. Long winding horns spiraled out of its skull, brownish grey fur mixed with black and white, a short stubby tail. Lym was confused as to what it was, it looked like a deer but wasn't.

      Something inside of her told her to follow it, like a calling, she paced along the bank desperately, hesitant to try to get across it by the floating ice chunks. But as much as she tried to shake it, it clung to her.

      Fuck it. She murmured to herself.

      Backing up slightly, she took off in a sprint, pushing her legs as fast as they would go, her muscle contracted and released, sending her through the air, her claws scrambled for a purchase on the floating ice. A small whimper escaped her muzzle when one of her paws slipped in to the freezing waters. Steadying herself, she repeated the process until she was on the other bank. Although she didn't end up any where close to the animal, she was on the other side.

     With her nose low to the ground, she searched for the unfamiliar animal, but no unknown scents were detected. Frustration gradually built inside of her, turmoil filled every crevice of her body, making her itch with irritation. The wailing cry of the animal sounded again, but farther away. Her head jerked up, snow clung to her long muzzle fur and whiskers, getting her an innocent aura, which she was anything but.

     She bounded after the strange sound, forgetting any that could have even crossed her mind about Tiberius. Now on the other side of the river, she was gifted with the coverage of a thick forest, a forest coated in ice and snow. Scanning the area before her, she searched for tracks, a sense of elation warmed her body as she found them.

      Lym did not have to travel deep into the forest to find the creature, it pranced around in circles, as if impatiently waiting for her. It was a strange thing, the creature did not run from her more did she feel the urge to hunt, as if it was her prey. She narrowed her eyes at it as if leaped away, further into the forest, our of reach of her claws. She just wanted to watch it, not even play with it. Baring her teeth in annoyance, she went after it. Unknowing of what it would lead her to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOVELY PEOPLE OF THE UNIVERSE

This is really short, know. And uneventful, it bland, blah. I know you're thinking, wtf you're the author? Well I had to put this chapter like it was because its gotta all play out. And don't question my writing powers, they are deadly and I know who most of y'alls favorite character is, I will kill that certain person off if I have to.

OH MY LORDIE — YALL SUICIDE SQUAD IS COMING OUT IN AUGUST

Disclaimer – this bitch knows nothing about Russia and has done little research on it, so the world Lym and Tiberius are in has been made up by me. Save for those rivers and the country. Shit, y'all know what I mean.

COMMENT. VOTE. LOVE GOATS.

...I'm currently eating Wheat Thins...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 21.7K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
627K 18.4K 62
Book 1: "Allison where did you get that from the dollar store" the queen whore of the school looked at me with so much hate. There w...
164K 5.1K 34
*COMPLETED* Moving away from the big city life will finally bring her peace and harmony. Or so she thought. She loved who she was. She was proud, mys...
41.1K 3.1K 53
Eve isn't your average she-wolf. She's an ass kicking, potty mouthed, head warrior. She has no plans of finding her mate, she's already found the lov...