A Broken Angel and A Monster...

By Fiesty_Spirit

Her dad doesn’t see her as anything except a punching bag, that's Chelsea her dad is abusive, and in a big ci... More

A Broken Angel and A Monster
~The Sad Life of Chelsea~
~A New Friend~
~The Abandoned House Isn't Abandoned~
~Protective Much~
~Halloween~
~Alexander & Ashley ~
~Date Night~
~The Past is the Past~
~I'm With You~
~Warnings~
~The Last Goodbye~
~Slipped Away~
~The Funeral~
~I'd Come For You~
~I Love You~

~I Have Cancer~

1.2K 22 2
By Fiesty_Spirit

~*~

A few days later Chelsea was out with Ashley and Alexander, just spending a normal day at the park when Chelsea’s phone started to play ‘Shots’ by LMFAO quickly she answered it.

“Hello?” she said into the phone.

“Chelsea, this is your dad you need to come home.” He said.

“Why?” Chelsea asked.

“It’s your mother.” He said not saying anything further.

“What’s wrong? Did you hurt her?” she asked concerned.

“No. It’s bad.” He said.

“Okay I will be there soon.” She said and hung up without saying goodbye.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Alexander asked.

“Yes I’m sure I will be fine.”Chelsea said.

“Okay.” He said and walked back off down the street leaving Chelsea in front of her house by herself.

Slowly she walked up the front steps and opened the front door; she stepped inside and heard the faint sobs of her mother coming from upstairs. She saw her dad in the kitchen making a pot of coffee and resting his head on his hand at the table.

“What’s going on?” she asked closing the door.

“Chelsea?” her mother’s voice said and she heard running footsteps from upstairs.

“Mom.” She said and ran to the stairs. “What’s wrong are you okay?”

“Come on honey lets go into the living room and talk.” She said and walked with Chelsea into the living room.

“Please just tell me.” Chelsea cried.

“Sit down Chelsea.” Her dad said coming into the living room. Chelsea sat down on the couch with each of her parents beside her.

“Honey, this is hard to tell you….I have been diagnosed with cancer.” Her mom said a few tears escaping her eyes.

“What your joking right? Please tell me you are joking.” Chelsea cried.

“It’s not a joke baby, I have breast cancer.”

“There has to be something they can do.” she said through tears.

“There isn’t they found it too late.” her father said.

“No, mom no, you can’t die you can’t leave me.” She said and ran upstairs. She slammed her door closed so hard, it could have flown off the hinges.

She put her head in her hands and let the tears flow.

“Don’t cry.” Alexander’s voice said from the other side of the room.

“Alexander? What are you doing here?” she asked confused.

“I heard you scream and cry so I came to see if everything is okay.”He said walking over to her.

“It’s not; the world is so jacked up right now.” She said.

A knock came at the door. Her father’s voice spoke.

“There is something else you should know Chelsea.” He said.

“What is it?!” she demanded.

“They said it might carry on to you, so watch yourself.” He said, Chelsea heard him walk away and a whole new round of tears made their way down her face.

“Chelsea,” he said walking over to her. “Everything is going to be okay, your mom will make it.” He wrapped his arms around her and held her while she cried.

“How do you know Alexander?” She asked.

“I don’t, but you will be happy.” He said. She wrapped her arms around his waist, in a never ending hug.

“I have an idea.” She said.

“Don’t Chelsea, I know where this is leading, and it can’t happen.” He said with an authoritive tone

“Why not if you just change her then she will be okay, I won’t lose my mom.” She said with some hope, trying to reason with her.

“I can’t Chelsea; if I could then I would in a heartbeat just to make you happy.” He said honestly

“But why not Alexander?!” she asked sharply tears starting to form all over again.

“Because Chelsea! There are rules!” he yelled. “I will not break them, I can’t break them!”

The sound of his loud voice made the tears fall from her eyes, he went to wipe them away but she pushed his hand away from her.

“Don’t touch me.” She said.

He could tell he had upset her, he never wanted to do that to her but he did.

“I’m sorry, Chelsea I really am, but..” he trailed off.

“The rules yeah I know, maybe you will explain them to me one day, but for now I think that it would be best if you left.” She said.

“Chelsea come on.” He said.

“No.” she left the room and said in the bathroom hoping that when she went back into her room he would be gone.

Hearing her cry made him mad and upset, he wanted to go to her and put his arms around her but he was the reason she was upset.

He didn’t think he would ever do that to her. But he did and it came from nowhere.

Somewhere though, deep down there was a tugging on his heart, his heart was saying to go to her no matter how she was feeling or how upset he was with her, and tell her how he feels, but his brain wasn’t doing what he heart wanted. His brain wanted to leave her, but his legs wouldn’t move from that one spot in the bedroom.

That was until his legs started to move toward the bathroom door, he knocked once but she didn’t answer him, instead of knocking a second time he opened the door and saw her sitting on the bathroom counter looking at the floor.

He walked over to her and lifted her head up. This time it was his heart talking not his brain, because if it was his brain he wouldn’t have said anything just so he could protect her.

“I care about you Chelsea, more than you know, I don’t want to see you upset, I want to see you happy, this is just a stepping stone, you will live through it okay, I will be here with you every step of the way.” He said.

“So will i.” Another voice said from the door.

When he told her that he cared she didn’t know what to do, she just stared into his eyes, with shock in hers.  He said he would be there with her every step of the way and she was thankful for that. After she heard the other voice she looked up and saw Chelsea standing there, her red hair looked even brighter than before.

She pushed Alexander way and ran over to Ashley; she caught Ashley in a bone crashing hug.

“Everything will be fine, I promise.” Ashley said.

“Okay, I never thought that I would have another friend again.” Chelsea said.

“Well you have me.” Ashley told her.

“She has me too.” Alexander said trying to get back into the conversation.

“I’m thankful for that.” She said. Alexander came over and they shared a group like hug. Chelsea in the middle, and her two friends on either side of her.

“Are you coming home with us tonight?” Ashley asked.

“Um no I think I am going to stay here with my mom.” Chelsea said.

“I will stay with you.” Alexander said. Chelsea smiled and said he didn’t have to but he said he wasn’t going to leave her side.

“You are acting like her boyfriend Alexander.”  Ashley said.

“So?” he questioned “Is that a bad thing?”

“No, its not.” Chelsea answered making Alexander smile.

“What about you Ashley do you want to meet my mom too?” Chelsea asked.

“Yes of course.” She said.

“Whoa I never said I was going to meet her.” Alexander said.

“To bad you stay you are meeting my mother.” Chelsea said and pulled them out of the room.

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 17.1K 58
(Be warned!! Grammatical errors! Written when I was 13 years old just can't find myself to delete it. Hope you enjoy it anyway :) Claire Dawson is...
157K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
437K 9.4K 33
At age seven, Serenity , was thrown out into the woods to fend for herself after it was revealed her wolf was smaller than any had seen. She was a ti...
273 28 16
"When we finally got to the old, decrepit, supposedly haunted mansion, the moonlight was suddenly smothered by some fast-moving clouds. The humans st...