Sympathy || Urban

By keep1tRealz

Amaris pov "Don't you just want to move away from all this shit we got going on?" Nolan just laughed at her s... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Authors Note(Must Read)
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Authors Note !! (Urgent)
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Suggestions.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30// part 1.
Chapter 31// part 2
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Yoooo!
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Authors note.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50. Part 1
Chapter 50. Part 2
Authors Note .
NEW BOOK ALERT!!

Chapter 5.

14.3K 531 751
By keep1tRealz

Amaris.

Tuesday.

Honestly I wasn't ready to sit in front of a judge and wait for him or her to tell me who was going to have full custody on me. I was scared enough that my mom would win the case and I would have to leave pops like she was doing.

We were still waiting on my pops lawyer outside of the courthouse. He was running late due to the traffic on the highway.

"hopefully your lawyer gets here pops. Or else they'll reschedule the case" I said sitting down on one of the benches.

"He will be here Amaris. I told your ass twice that he running late"

"She was just telling you. Calm your hyper ass down" Aunt Pam said taking a seat right next to me "it's your lawyer you should be cursing out. What kinda lawyer not gone be here on time and he getting paid by the hour "

He mumbled something inaudible and went back inside probably going to use the bathroom or something.

"You sure you doing the right thing here Amaris." Aunt pam asked

"What do you mean ? I don't have any say in who I get to stay with"

"But if you did I know you would pick my brother and what I'm trying to ask you is are you sure you want to be staying with him ?"

"I love pops aunt Pam and I can't abandon him knowing that he needs help. He wants to get it I could see it In him and I could help"

"that doesn't mean you have to argue with your mama about it. She's only trying to help you understand what's best for you at the moment and honestly I'm with her on this one."

"she's being selfish that's what she's doing"

"No your seeing it in a different way. She is not being selfish she's just being a mom and basically that's what moms do. She wants the best for you and staying with your pops ain't really a good option. I understand why she's reacting towards the situation this way because I would to. I wouldn't want my daughter living with someone who not only has problems mentally but used to beat on me and still has effects on doing so. Your not looking at your moms view on this and your also not looking at yours"

I sunk in everything she said and just nodded my head not really understanding a word that came out from her mouth. It's not like I was unfocused or wasn't paying attention at the moment it was just that I didn't want to understand where she was coming from.

"There goes that late ass lawyer" she said standing up as he reached for hand to shake.

"I apologize for my lateness. It was really bad traffic out there"

She said nothing in response so I decided not to either. When we got in the court room is was only my mom her lawyer And one security guard standing by the double doors.

"nice to meet you Mr.Keller" my mom said shaking my pops lawyer hand. "This is Chris" she pointed over to her lawyer who was obviously not paying attention.

they soon shook hands and we remained seated until the judge came out walking to her stand taking a seat as well.

"Goodmorning." She paused "should we begin ?"

.......

"Your honor I would like to start off by first thanking everyone for making it today and taking the time out to be here." My mom lawyer said standing up "Now this case will be examined as a very simple one. Should Mrs.Johnson have full custody of Amaris or should Mr.Johnson have full custody and that all goes down to why Mr.Johnson shouldn't."

"I Object" I yelled standing up from my seat as the judge banged her gavel

"Silence in the court. Mr.layan you may proceed" she said referring to Chris.

"Well Mr.Johnson has had some serious medical attention wanted for helping but never had the opportunity to make it out to the doctors office." He said pulling out the manilla folder placing it in front of the judge. "And also I'm sure you haven't heard about the abusive situation between him and his wife. Now as you know an abusive relationship can reflect on anyone so leaving Amaris in a home with her dad is like putting her on the electric chair" he finished off handing her another one of those manilla folders.

I couldn't stay to watch though because I soon got up from my seat rushing out the court doors. Chris was handling his job very well and that made me anxious. Would pops lawyer do the same ? Or was he just a shitty lawyer looking for money

"why you run out" I heard Nolan say behind me.

"I didn't even see you in there. I thought you said you couldn't make it"

"Well this is important to you so it's something I shouldn't even had thought about missing"

"Well thanks for coming but you might as well go home because I don't think I can go back in there"

"You scared ?"

I shook my head about to walk out the courthouse when Nolan grabbed my hand making me face him

"Look we gon' go back in the court room because we not scared of shit. Whatever you about to go through I'm about to go through aight ?"

I nodded my head as he kept a firm grip on my hand walking me back into the court room. He took a seat in the back letting my hand go so I could go back to where I was seated when we first got here.

I didn't miss much since Chris called my pops to the stand about to ask him a few questions. At first he answered with no problem full of hope and knew what he was talking about until Chris questions became a little more intense causing my pops to stutter at his words and not answer the rest.

I sighed loudly wondering what time we would be able to leave. because in the way this situation was heading I would be ending up living somewhere in a house with my mom.

"I call Amaris to the stand" Chris told the judge as I froze in my seat.

I didn't know what to do. Why did he need me to start answering questions wasn't I the victim of the situation.

"Amaris can I please have you at the stand please" he repeated as I snapped out of my thoughts walking to the stand slowly as possible.

"So Amaris how would you categorize your relationship with your mom ?"

"W-w-well......" I began but figured that it was no use to even talk since I was nervous and still didn't understand why I specifically needed to be at the stand.

My eyes wondered around the room landing on my pops. He looked at me with something I really couldn't describe but I knew he wanted me to talk and best this lawyer out.

I couldn't do it though. I wasn't determined and I didn't really trust myself to speak or else the wrong things could have came out of my mouth.

"Amaris ?" he said waiting for an answer.

I shrugged My shoulders as he moved on to the next question which was the same but it referred to my pops. I took a deep breath preparing myself to talk as they waited.

"Well I love my pops and I know he feels the same way. Our relationship is the way I would expect it to be , which is fun and normal"

"Describe fun"

"fun as in we do things together. I can talk to him about things that I wouldn't feel certain about talking with my mom" I lied

"And why's that ?"

"I- I don't know. " I lied again.

"Mr.layan are you done here ?"

"Yeah for now your honor." He said taking his seat and I went back to mines.

Mr.Keller stood up getting prepared to talk as we all waited for what he was about to say.

"Ms.Pam can I have you at the stand please"

"late ass lawyer want me to walk my ass up all the way to that stand."I heard her mumble as she passed by me.

"you and your brother relationship is it good ?"

"Yes but I don't see what that has to do with the situation"

"How would you describe your relationship with your brother"

"He's inpatient, bipolar, acholoic and get a little bit out of control when things don't go his way"

"T-that's not what your supposed to say " Mr.Keller said whispering in a high pitched voice.

"I'm going to say whatever I please on saying. You asked me a direct question and I answered in a fucking direct manner. Don't tell me that wasn't what I was supposed to say"

"Order in the court. I've heard enough"

Things were going as I thought it would. I knew Mr.Keller had just fucked up and I would be with my mom in just a few hours.

"shit" I mumbled as the judge made her way into another room to decide on what she was going to do. That only gave me about five minutes to go to the bathroom and then come back to find out who was going to take me.

I paced around in the bathroom as people came in and out looking at me Crazily. It didn't matter though because none of them went to go get an officer or anything.

a knock sounded on the bathroom door but it was an public bathroom that wasn't locked so I didn't see the reason to be knocking. I tried to ignore it but it just wouldn't go away do I pushed it open hitting whoever was on the other side.

"the fucking bathroom is open" I semi yelled noticing Nolan on the floor with one hand on the side of his face.

"Just tryna' check on yo ass but you want to hit niggas with bathroom doors and shit" he stood up looking down at me.

"I know you said we ain't scared and stuff but Nolan this is really big to me and the judge is about to make her decision."

"Well in all honesty you ain't got to be scared. I'm hopeful that whoever you rooting to win is going to"

"that's supposed to make me feel better ?"

"yeah, you know i ain't good with feelings and shit."

"That's exactly why your ass still single." I Sort of laughed walking back into the court room.

The judge came back as I got seated and everyone waited on her to tell us her final decisions. It took her longer then five minutes but maybe it was for a good reason.

"Well since Mr.layan didn't have enough evidence to give me about How Mr.Johnson was abusive in the past really sets my standards back. Yes Mr.layan you gave me some doctor records but they only showed that he missed at least three which is normal. My decision had been made and Mr.Johnson you will have full custody of Amaris. Mrs.Johnson you wil be able to see her on the weekends that's all case dismissed."

I jumped up in my seat noticing that I was the only one excited and Nolan had a confused look plastered on his face as he looked at me.

"pops I knew you was going to win." I said as we walked out of the court room.

"take that smile off your face ain't shit to be happy about. You think I wanted custody of your ass ?. I thought I lost and I was damn happy of the thought of it"

My smiled remained in the same place as I ran and jumped on Nolan. At first he almost dropped me but gripped his hands around my ass while hugging me tightly.

"stay touching somebody" I laughed jumping off of him.

"I got some business to handle. Come by Tommorow"

"Okay" I simply said as my mom walked towards me and Nolan began to wak out.

"Amaris all I'm going to say is to becareful alright ? If anything happens just call Me I live right down the street from y'all in the Lexington apartments." She hugged me kissing my cheek "love you"

"I won't need you but love you to I guess." She remained in her spot as my pops yelled my name so we could get going.

I got in the car as he was about to pull off and strapped my seatbelt. It was my first time sitting in his front seat so I got pretty excited when I did. He looked over at me with an mean expression for some reason and I didn't understand why.

"What I told you would happen if I saw you talking to that boy again?"

"he my bestfriend. I can't just not talk to him ."

His hands came across my face as he gripped the steering wheel making a strong left under the red light.

"I told you not to be with him and you was over there jumping up on him while he holding your ass !"

"P-"

"Your ass is sleeping outside since you acting like a hoe. Termite ass"

I looked at him shocked at what he just did. My pops had never lay his hands on me and that was because he respected me like I did him. It was surprising and uncalled for and that's what made me mad.

I looked out the window avoiding him staring at me in any type of way that would make him slap me again. It seemed as if we had more to work on then I thought.

Amaris, Amaris, Amaris when will you learn ? .

Hope you guys enjoyed.! Thanks for the comments and votes y'all all had me dien laughing last chapter.

Pops just one angry fucked up mother fucker. And as of now I think you guys know that Amaris is one confused ass girl that don't know what she doing Lol.

Excuse typos

Thoughts on Nolan ?

Thoughts on pops ?

Thoughts on aunt Pam ?

Thoughts in Amaris ?

But thanks for reading have a good day my lovely's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

842 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
122 5 34
Adenna is eighteen years old and lives with her mom, she live right across from someone she says she's hates, even though they used to be best friend...
240K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
134K 3K 37
"OK jay its not that big of a deal I just hugged him he was an old friend" "nah fuck all dat kay" he said looking back at the Road " man fuck you...