Next to me | #Wattys2019

Od laurysdiary

COMPLETED Laura Anderson doesn't like breaking rules, she tries to be as far away as she can from danger. She... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 25

110 8 10
Od laurysdiary

Chapter 25

BANNER: HAYDEN

"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" I asked him as soon as I got inside of his truck.

Graham rolled his eyes, "You don't understand what It's a surprise means, do you?"

I sighed, "But I wanna know! You're being so mysterious it's nearly scary..."

He let out a little laugh and started the engine.

"Are we going to that abandoned amusement park we went to a couple of months ago?" I asked arching my eyebrows, knowing that I might be right.

"Nope," he shook his head, "And by the way, you have to show me your secret place."

I rubbed my forehead, "I will, I will... eventually..." I cleared.

"You'll love this place, I'm sure -" he gasped, "But damn."

"What's wrong?"

"You didn't bring a swimsuit, did you?" He asked me worried.

I laughed sarcastically, "Of course, 'cause that's the first thing I would do, grab a swimsuit."

"Ugh," He muttered, "I guess it will work anyways."

I crossed my arms, "What's going on? Are we there yet? And, why in the worlds would I need a swimsuit at 12AM?"

"We're here," He said suddenly. I looked out of the window but I couldn't see anything, literally, everything was dark.

I opened the door and stepped outside embraced by the unknown noise that the place offered.

But it really wasn't that unknown.

Graham got in the car and turned on the headlights so we could see the path in front of us. When he did so, I couldn't do anything but to let my jaw hang open.

In front of me we had this little personal beach, really familiar since it was kind of tiny and surrounded by big rocks.
Intimate.

The waves crashed into the rocks and slid into the white sand, its sound made me want to throw myself to the ocean. Though I wasn't going to do that.

The sky was full of stars and the moon introduced the sight with a bit of brightness. Soon, my eyes started to get used to the dim light and with just a few more seconds I was able to enjoy everything the view had to offer, Graham included.

"It's... It's so beautiful," I told him.

"I knew you would like it," He said taking a step forward.

I shook my head trying to get back to reality, "Why are you doing this, Graham?"

"Why am I doing what?"

"Trying to make me fall in love with you again? That's cruel, after what you did..." I told him showing a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Look, I'm in love with you, alright?" He confessed.

Inside, my heart melted just a little bit.

I laughed with bitterness tearing away any feelings I could have, "Are you telling me this just so I answer with the same cheesy bullshit?"

He dropped my gaze, "I made a mistake, I know, but why can't you just forgive me?"

I chuckled, "I... You made mistakes before, lots of them, and I forgave all of them. So you can't exactly complain about the fact I'm not forgiving you."

Graham sighed and moved closer so our foreheads were separated only by a few inches, "I don't care if you don't forgive me. I will always love you."

I looked away and bit my lip, this was way harder than what I thought it would be, "If you love me why would you kiss Johanna?"

His eyes broke, "I already told you. She said she wanted one last kiss and if I agreed to kiss her she would leave me alone forever."

I pressed my lips, I wanted to believe him...

"Should I give you a second (more like a fifth) chance?" I asked him with doubt.

Graham's eyes sparkled for a moment, then he grabbed my hand and brought it to his heart, "It belongs to you," he kissed my cheek, "Now let's go eat by the shore the picnic I brought."

"Food? Yummy!" I exclaimed, "By the way, why did you exactly planned all this?"

"'Cause..." He started singing, "It's your birthday, it's your birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday!"

~☆~

So, Graham and I were all fine again, the friends fine kind of way, though.

Today was Friday, Hayden's super important lacrosse match. A couple of days ago I had told Kota and Lea about it and they had kindly offered to give me a ride, plus, they got a chance to meet Hayden's friends who seemed to be hot.

"An A!" Graham exclaimed while running all the hallway until he reached my locker, "We got an A on our latin assignment!"

"For the sake of Zeus," I mocked, "Those are really good news! Congrats HamHam!"

Graham glanced at me but still continued talking, "Anyways, let's go celebrate, what are you doing after school?"

Suddenly I froze. Graham couldn't know where I was going... Hayden and him didn't end up being... um, friends. If I told Graham the truth he'd probably lock me in my house and order me not to leave.

"I'm, uh, I have... this really important thing this afternoon," I faked a smile, "I'm sorry."

Graham arched an eyebrow and grabbed my forearm so I couldn't escape, "Well I think you're hiding something."

I jerked my thumb at my chest, "Me? Hiding something? That's funny, really... Ha! Ha! Ha... Let me go," I managed to say.

He rolled his eyes, "Wherever you're going you can tell me, I won't get mad or anything. It isn't like you're going on a road trip with some criminal extra-tattoed boyfriend I don't know about."

I grinned at his example, "Nah, promise you won't get mad?"

Graham nodded and opened his eyes wider.

"I'm seeing Hayden this evening," That was it. I'd said it.

Graham's expression paled for a second, "I'm sorry, what?"

I cleared my throat, "I'm seeing Hayden this evening," I repeated.

"That doesn't make any sense... Why would you go see Hayden when you have me by your side, it's nonsense," Graham rubbed the back of his neck.

I winced, "What? You thought I started going with Hayden just 'cause you weren't there by my side?"

He frowned, "Pretty obvious, duh."

I crossed my arms in displeasure, so he thought Hayden was some sort of a second plate? That was cruel and evil but still kind of cute.

"Look, I'm seeing Hayden because I like him. He's a great friend, unlike someone right here next to me..." I cleared.

"I don't even care about that kid, do whatever you want to do."

Just tell me you don't want me to go and I'll stay. With you.

And with that, he walked away leaving me alone in the middle of the hallway.

~☆~

"Okay, we're here, you ready?" Kota told me just as she stopped the car engine.

I swallowed and nodded. Kota, Lea and I had just parked in the parking lot of Egcon High School were Hayden was supposedly going to play lacrosse in about twenty minutes.

We got out of the car and headed to the unknown high school, anyways, we knew where to go because what I thought was the school band was playing some sort of music so we just followed it and arrive to the lacrosse pitch.

We sat on the last roads and Kota took out the popcorn she had been carrying from home. Since the match was about to start and I couldn't see Hayden anywhere I texted him:

Me: Hayhay, ;) already here. Good luck!!

Hayhay: The match's about to start!!!! Thx for coming btw.

I locked my phone and grabbed a bunch of popcorn then stuffed them all in my mouth.

"You nervous, huh?" Lea arched an eyebrow amused.

Suddenly, the crowd above and under me started cheering and clapping, that's when I noticed the lacrosse team coming out of the restrooms with their hands in the air begging for our cheers.

I recognized Hayden immediately, that dark black and big brown eyes were recognizable even with a helmet on. After that, the other team (the enemy) walked out, and the crowd started cheering again.

I really don't know anything about lacrosse so I was kind of lost during the match, so were Kota and Lea. We didn't care, though, we had popcorn and hot guys.

In a blink of an eye the match had finished. Hayden's team had lost.

I could see how Hayden took out his helmet and threw it harshly to the floor, then he passed his hands through his hair desesperately and let himself fall to the fresh grass.

It made somehow sad.

A few minutes passed while the team who had won celebrated it and some teammate offered Hayden his hand so he could get up and head to the restrooms where everyone (I supposed) was.

Poor Hayden... He must be really depressed.

Author's Note
I know this chapter isn't special in any way but you have to admit it was kind of interesting:)
I'm so excited for u to see what happens next with Hayden hehehe

PREFERENCES?
HAYDEN OR GRAHAM?

SEE YOU SOON!!!

LOVE YAAA

VOTE

COMMENT

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

32.7K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
596 23 35
Haley starts her first year of college. She's excited to start her new life away from her hometown. Until she meets Ace, an arrogant, dark haired, ba...
3.8K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...
23.1K 751 32
May is a tough girl that doesn't let anybody tell her what to do. She lives her life how she wants. But when a house burns down in a different neighb...